Podcast

The ScoutCast – Episode Eighty Nine – Silent Z

Nasal passages, a silent zed and Leighton Baines put to bed – this week’s ScoutCast cuts a fine figure. Granville’s mini-league gap is closed to a couple of points as the Manchurian Mancunian bemoans a troublesome bench. Granville and I are unanimous on the lure of Leighton in this week’s discussion; we’ve got “all aboard”, we’ve got the weekend preview, we’ve got colds.

What more could you want?

Jonathan Pearce to stop being a smart-arse perhaps?

Ignore the silence by downloading this latest episode here, or stream the noise via the player below…

Mark Mark created the beast. He's now looking to tame it.”

1. Cannon
    5 years, 9 hours ago

On WC... any big errors or suggestions?

I couldn't squeeze in Arsenal coverage without losing Baines.

Mignolet - Federici
    Baines - Cameron - Cuellar - Shorey - Fonte
    Silva - Mata - Fellani - Michu - Puncheon
    RVP - Suarez - Berb

1. TorresMagic™
      5 years, 9 hours ago

If you weren't on WC, would you be losing Baines?

1. Cannon
        5 years, 9 hours ago

I'm stubborn with Baines. I probably should lose him.... but he'll most likely stay til GW38
        Beyond that - how's it looking?

1. TorresMagic™
          5 years, 9 hours ago

Berb to Fletcher is the only change I'd consider.

1. HuttonDressedasLahm
            5 years, 8 hours ago

^^This

2. floydy_floyd
    5 years, 9 hours ago

Ok my team is royally screwed like never before. 1ft 0 in bank.

Bego juski

Baines Davies saylor Ridgwell cuellar

Valencia bale

Rvp berb jelly

Subs: Fellaini Walcott Guthrie.

1. Save tranny and play 5-2-3
    2. Walcott to Pablo Hernandez allowing jelly to aguero/Suarez next week.
    3. Baines to a cheap def and walcott to cazorla/silva for a hit allowing jelly to suar/aguero next week.

1. Cannon
      5 years, 9 hours ago

1. You'll want Walcott after this week.

1. floydy_floyd
        5 years, 9 hours ago

Would rather cazorla but is a hit to get rid of Leighton just before nor at home just plain silly?

Open Controls
    2. Corkyote FFS CWC Champion 2…

thats quite a predicament 🙁

With another game coming up so fast I'd be tempted to risk 5-2-3 and have 2 ft for midweek. Could be new injuries to deal with or suarez is bound to get suspended if you bring him in...

Are price rises tonight going to spoil the plan though?

1. floydy_floyd
        5 years, 9 hours ago

Don't think so pal. Might just have to write the gw off wiv a 5-2-3. Times are hard!!

2. Devil_in_heaven
        4 years, 12 months ago

hey dude...i saw u scored pretty good...mind if u share any fpl tips with me..:-)

3. Andrew
    5 years, 9 hours ago

Oh how quick the tide turns on this site. A couple of weeks ago I was getting absolutely mullered for the lack of Baines in my RMT as he was as essential as Bale/Mata/Cazorla and and now the world and his wife are looking of ways to get rid. Baines will always score well in FPL but whether or not he will be more worthwhile than an extra big hitter in midfield/ up front in my opinion is always going to be very dubious.

4. DANCE

Beg
    Clyne Baines Raf
    Mata Morrison Bale ( c ) Valencia
    Sua Tev Crouch

Sch - ster - Rangel - Demel

0.8 IN bank and 2 FT

tranfer ?

5. Scroobius Mac
    5 years, 9 hours ago

Nani is still unavailable. He still has a problem with his hamstring. #mufc

Jonny Evans will train today but the boss is not sure if he'll be available for tomorrow. #mufc

SAF confirms Wayne Rooney is fit for the game against QPR. He has been training all week

Mandy Henry ‏@MandyHenryMedia

1. Scroobius Mac
      5 years, 9 hours ago

Smalling should be available. He had a small shoulder injury the other night

Open Controls
    2. Doosra - ☭Bolivia Giroud…

Cheers, Scroobius. 🙂

1. Cannon

Thanks Doos

6. Jönny
    5 years, 9 hours ago

Got myself into a bit of a pickle... Brought in Walcott last week thinking I'd have him and Carzorla for last week and the Villa game and then ship one of them for Mata the next week. Now Walcott's out and I'm a bit unsure about the Chelsea team under Rafa so I'm not quite sure where I'm heading....

Just do Guthrie->Puncheon this week, bench Walcott, and see how I feel next week??

Open Controls
    1. Doosra - ☭Bolivia Giroud…

Probably, yes.

1. Jönny
        5 years, 9 hours ago

Have you not got a table telling me I should bring in Shane Ferguson or something? 😉

1. Devil_in_heaven
          4 years, 12 months ago

hey dude…i saw u scored pretty good…mind if u share any fpl tips with me..:-)

7. Screaming Midget
    5 years, 9 hours ago

I'm thinking Tevez > Suarez.

I know he'll have risen a few .1 this week but wanted European games out of the way first. Been far too unlucky with bringing players in and straight away they get injured (5 so far this season).

Pros: He'll start every game + Liverpool have a great run
    Cons: He's 1 game from a ban, but he could go 5 games before a yellow.

Thoughts?

1. La Roja
      5 years, 9 hours ago

suarez in good idea and no brainer but tevez out is a no no imo. he's the top scorer in FL

2. Screaming Midget
      5 years, 9 hours ago

But Tevez will surely be rested soon. Maybe even midweek vs Wigan. Dzeko I think will start getting a few games.

1. La Roja
        5 years, 8 hours ago

i highly doubt it. I think mankini will start tevez and kun going forward pretty much all games. His job is not safe and PL title is only thing left he should be winning. And tevez came on as sub vs Real so should be starting next 2 games imo

8. hillbillypete
    5 years, 9 hours ago

views on top 3 highest scoring mids for this weekend?

9. villian-ty

got 2 frees
    which option to pick?
    A. Sch -> Ruddy, Chico -> Giroud
    B. Berba -> Fletcher, Chico -> Giroud
    C. Chico -> Giroud, Save
    D. Chico -> Fletcher, Save

0.4 in bank
    Begovic (Schwazer)
    Cameron Baines Cuellar (Davies Gorkks)
    Cazorla Bale Mata Nolan (Puncheon)
    Rvp Berbatov Chico

??

10. big oak
    5 years, 9 hours ago

is this the worst miss ever?
    sudanese commentator calling the player a loser and a donkey which in arabic is an insult to describe someone who is a real idiot

11. Screaming Midget
    5 years, 8 hours ago

Just listening to Scout Cast. Granville saying the same thing I've said since Torres left Liverpool.

He's just not as good as he once was. Will be interesting though to see if gets a bit better under Rafa. But don't think he'll be close to how good he was at Liverpool.

12. bigdip
    5 years, 8 hours ago

WC time, what do you think guys? any changes?

GK: Mignolet; Ruddy

DF:Cuellar; Cameron; Wisdom; Shorey; Fonte

MF:Silva; Michu; Johnson; Bale; Puncheon

FW: Berbatov;Defoe;Van Persie

1. marjoh
      5 years, 8 hours ago

I think you are lacking both Liverpool (offensive) and Chelsea coverage. Rest looks good to me

1. bigdip
        5 years, 8 hours ago

How about this?
        GK: Mignolet; Ruddy

DF:Cuellar; Cameron; Wisdom; Shorey; Fonte

MF:Silva; Hernandez; Johnson; Mata; Puncheon

FW: Defoe;suarez;Van Persie

13. sageypoo
    5 years, 8 hours ago

Is it crazy to go Tevez => Lambert given rotation risk especially this week and 2 away fixtures vs 2 home?

1. La Roja
      5 years, 8 hours ago

it's not crazy, it's madness

2. hillbillypete
      5 years, 8 hours ago

why, o why

14. Hurricane H
    5 years, 8 hours ago

Hi all,

Are any Berba owners worried he will do a 'Bale' and not play due to the birth of his daughter? ( excuse the pun)

15. cfctorres
    5 years, 8 hours ago

ESSAY ALERT. :). Hey guys. You guys advised me to use my WC because my team was terrible. Waited until after CL games to decide how to use it and lucky I did with all the Chelsea drama going on. I decided to go for weak defence because noone is keeping clean sheets. ANY advice or help is appreciated thanks. Really wanna beat my friends, was leading by 100 and they overtook me over the last couple of weeks.

I need some advice. My back 7 is pretty nailed on IMO this is it.

Begovic Federici
    Cuellar Gorkss McCartney Shawcross Nelsen

It's cheap and I'll almost always be playing 3 at the back.

Now the tricky part. I watched the City vs Madrid game and I'm sure you'll all agree Silva was a beast. I definitely want him. But then I have to consider whether or not to get rid of Fellaini (Red card and difficult fixtures) but on his day he can threaten any strong team. This is what I have as my from 7 atm (NOT POSSIBLE I'm 1.9m over spending so I need to downgrade a player). Before the WC I had Michu. Tossing up with him and AJ but with AJ and the double gameweek leaning towards him.

Puncheon, Silva, Bale, Cazorla, Johnson
    Tevez RVP Berbatov

I need to cut 1.9m off my players to have this lineup. Or I could just not go with RVP maybe get Suarez and Aguero? (then I have to get rid of 0.1 but could do that on a defender) and Suarez is risk of getting another yellow.

Uhhh this is why I don't like wildcards.

Any help/advice appreciated on any part of my team.

Thanks a lot in advance

16. The Team Principal
    5 years, 3 hours ago

If anyone has any Fantasy League questions or needs help with their team, leave your questions here.
    Only comments/questions submitted before 10pm Friday will be answered.
    I will give my honest opinion and a detailed answer.

1. Boycie
      5 years, 2 hours ago

my team last week was. jaaskelainen,mertersacker. clyne, kolarov,(baird,nelsen)
      mata, cazorla, pienaar,kacaniklic(cabaye
      tevez, RVP,BA

i am thinking ill have to take a points hit and thinkin of kolarov to shawx or huth, cabaye to michu and tevex to torres, any thoughts pls?

1. The Team Principal
        4 years, 12 months ago

I would definately agree of taking a points hit, the team is lacking of the qualities needed to perform well in the Fantasy League. Nobody knows what Mancini is planning at City, especially defensively so I would swap Kolarov for Jose Enrique (if you can afford him) and if not Huth. With Cabaye being out until the new year I would get rid of him, quickly, his price will fall, and would look to replacing hm with Michu as Nolan has very difficult upcoming fixtures. I also have no doubt that Pienaar is a good player but he is not performing on a regular basis, try and look at players at smaller clubs playing in the 'hole', for a cheaper price, even James Morrison. I would not put in Torres as without a doubt Benitez WILL turn his fortunes around but it is going to take a few weeks, possible even months.

For this week I would take out Kolarov for Enrique and Cabaye for Michu.
        Then if you really want to rid yourself of Carlos Tevez then maybe swap Cazorla for Silva and Tevez for Giroud. This would also free up a little more money to spend in the future.

Good luck.

17. Rory Rocky man
    4 years, 12 months ago

Have 2 free transfers
    Foster. Begovic
    Huth mc cartney invanovic Clark clyne
    Piinear michu bale Stirling tarrabt