For the third time in a week Fantasy Premier League managers must consider who they hand the captain’s armband too.
Arsenal have the pick of the fixtures on paper but there are still plenty of options to be skippered in Gameweek 16.
We’ve gone over the popular options and analysed the stats once again…
* FPL prices correct at time of writing
Despite that blank in Gameweek 15, it looks as if Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (£11.2m) will win this week’s captain poll comfortably. At the time of writing, he has the backing of 49% of the voters ahead of Arsenal’s home meeting with Huddersfield Town. He has three goals in his last four matches, more than any other Gunners player in that run.
A long way behind in second place was the winner of the midweek captain poll Harry Kane (£12.5m). Even though he dazzled the skipper competition in Gameweek 15 with a 12-point haul, only 17% of our voters believe he can do that against Leicester on Saturday evening. The Spurs man has at least a goal or an assist in each of his last four Premier League outings.
Hot on Kane’s tails is Aubameyang’s strike partner Alexandre Lacazette (£9.6m) with 11.43% of the vote, showing just how much the Fantasy Football Scout community are expecting a big win when Huddersfield come to the Emirates Stadium. Even though he has featured only as a substitute in the last two matches, he still managed either a goal or assist in each one.
Also in the chasing pack is Mohamed Salah (£13.0m) ahead of Liverpool’s trip to face a leaky Bournemouth defence. The Egyptian was benched for the 3-1 win over Burnley and looks set for a return to the starting line-up at the Vitality Stadium. With an average of 5.75 points in his last four matches, Salah seems the most likely Liverpool player to breakthrough at Burnley, hence the 9% backing.
Not surprisingly, Raheem Sterling (£11.5m) is the most popular Manchester City option this week but he could not must much more than 2% backing. The fact that the defending champions have a crunch trip to Stamford Bridge this weekend is probably the main reason he is so far behind in the captaincy debate. After all, his owners should be confident of a start given that he was rested midweek.
Eden Hazard (£11.0m) also suffers from that upcoming fixture as just 0.39% of the voters have backed him ahead of Gameweek 16. Richarlison (£7.1m), Ryan Fraser (£6.2m), Callum Wilson (£7.0m), Anthony Martial (£7.6m), Sead Kolasinac (£4.9m), Felipe Anderson (£7.2m) and Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernandez (£6.2m) all look set for higher finishes than the Chelsea man in our poll.
Become a Member and access our data
Memberships for the 2018/19 campaign are now available for the price of just £15.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 130+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.