Fantasy Premier League managers have a tough decision for the Blank Gameweek 27 captaincy.
You can now vote in the latest poll below or in the sidebar and watch our latest Captain Video on YouTube.
With Manchester City, Chelsea, Everton and Brighton all out of action because of the League Cup, there are only eight matches to be played.
One of those is a big clash at Old Trafford featuring Manchester United vs Liverpool.
The two teams have played a big part in recent captaincy debates so Fantasy managers might be put off by the fact that they are facing each other this week.
We analysed how the likes of Mohamed Salah (£13.6m), Paul Pogba (£8.8m) and Marcus Rashford (£7.8m) look for Gameweek 27 in our latest Captain Video, which we streamed live from our YouTube channel over lunch on Monday.
What we found was that there may be more goals in this match than many first suspects.
However, the current overriding school of thought revolves around Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (£11.1m) and Arsenal’s home match against Southampton.
The Gabonese international has been a lot more reliable at home than he has on the road of late, as explained by Neale in our latest video (below).
Given the strength of the fixture, Alexandre Lacazette (£9.5m) also looks worth considering too.
Son Heung-min (£8.9m) has been an exceptionally reliable figure in recent weeks and faces a trip to Burnley.
Leicester’s options are expected to be popular in the coming weeks and a home match against Crystal Palace could provide an early opportunity to get in early on their run with the captaincy.
However, perhaps the most attractive option from the so-called smaller clubs is probably Felipe Anderson (£7.2m), who faces Fulham’s shaky defence at the London Stadium on Friday night.
Become a Member and access our data
Memberships for the 2018/19 campaign are now available for the price of just £10.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 130+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.