Fantasy Premier League managers are faced with another tricky call for the captaincy in Gameweek 29.
Ahead of yet another round of fixtures, it looks as if assets from Manchester United, Manchester City and Liverpool will be the key options.
As ever, we are here to help find the best candidates for the armband with some in-depth statistical analysis.
Paul Pogba (£8.9m) looks set to win this week’s captain poll but not by a huge margin. At the time of writing, he has a 23% share of the vote ahead of Southampton’s visit to Old Trafford. The French midfielder has blanked in just one home game since Ole Gunnar Solskjae rook over.
Close behind him are Manchester City pair Sergio Aguero (£11.7m) and Raheem Sterling (£11.4m) who are neck-and-neck for second place on 17% each. Pep Guardiola’s men are travelling to Bournemouth in Gameweek 29, which will have raised interest in his Fantasy assets. Aguero looks the more dangerous but Sterling is the more likely to start.
Eden Hazard (£10.8m) makes an appearance in the top five for the first time in a while, ahead of Chelsea’s trip to now-managerless Fulham. The Belgian midfielder is not especially in any kind of form but the fixture is particularly appealing, the Cottagers still in possession of the worst defensive record in the league.
Mohamed Salah (£13.5m) completes the top five but has just 7% of the vote after blanking for the fourth time in his last five Premier League outings. Interestingly, he still has more backing than Sadio Mané (£9.7m), who has just 1.4% of the vote despite drastically outscoring him across the last six Gameweeks. That could mean that managers are largely put off by the fixture, an away trip to Everton in the latest edition of the Merseyside derby.
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (£11.0m) and Raúl Jiménez (£6.9m) are the best of the rest with a 3.4% share each. Harry Kane (£12.4m) and Son Heung-min (£8.9m) have also picked up minimal support ahead of the north London derby with 2% each.
Become a Member and access our data
Memberships for the 2018/19 campaign are now available for the price of just £10.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 130+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.