Metrics

How the Top 10k are looking ahead of Blank Gameweek 31

This article examines how the Fantasy managers that sit in the top 10,000 (at the point of the Gameweek 30 deadline) are shaping up ahead of Blank Gameweek 31.

Studying the most-owned players in Gameweek 30, seven of the “template team” are without a Premier League fixture next weekend.

Aaron Wan-Bissaka (£4.5m), Matt Doherty (£5.4m), Paul Pogba (£9.0m), Son Heung-min (£8.8m), Raul Jimenez (£6.9m), Sergio Aguero (£11.9m) and Marcus Rashford (£7.7m) blank in Gameweek 31 due to the clash with the FA Cup quarter-finals.

Doherty, Wan-Bissaka, Pogba, Jimenez and Aguero are each owned by around 50% of FPL managers or more in the top 10,000.

11.2% of the top 10k own all five of these players.

As the graphic below shows, three of the four clubs with the most representation in the top 10k are without a Premier League match in Gameweek 31.

The combined average number of players just from Wolves, Manchester United, Manchester City and Crystal Palace in the top 10,000 FPL squads is 5.3, suggesting there are plenty of these elite managers who aren’t yet in a position to field a full complement of Fantasy players in Gameweek 31.

Chip Usage

43.5% of FPL managers inside the top 10,000 have all four of their chips – Wildcard, Free Hit, Bench Boost and Triple Captain – still available, as the below graphic shows.

Over 25% of the top 10k have already used two or more of their chips going into Blank Gameweek 31.

The breakdown below shows which chips have already been used by our leading FPL bosses.

Almost 32% of the FPL bosses inside the top 10,000 have already used their second Wildcard, while 2,207 of these managers will have to navigate the weeks ahead without their Free Hit chip.

More than one in six of these managers have already deployed their Bench Boost chip.

Individual player ownership

The below table shows how well-owned this cherry-picked selection of players are among the top 10,000 FPL managers.

All of these Fantasy assets have league fixtures in Gameweek 31.

Gameweek 30 Captaincy

We have focused mostly on Gameweek 31 in this piece but the below graphic shows the spread of Gameweek 30 captaincy picks within the top 10,000.

Almost 9% of the top 10,000 managers look primed for a rank hike after Raheem Sterling‘s (£11.4m) hat-trick on Saturday evening.

You can view more Gameweek 30 stats on Ragabolly’s site here.

Posted by

1. boc610

Reckon there's a lot of drunk kun captainers out tonight starting fights ...id say the paddy wagons are full of them

2. Tsparkes10

Confused as to my how my Rival is going to play the next 3 weeks. He has used his freehit... Currently has 6 that can play 31 and 33 but triple wolves, double United and Aguero. Hopefully this is where I gain :). He used bench boost this week which has gained him 10 points so far with Rashford left... Only thing scaring me is if he triple caps Aguero in 32. Guess we wait and see, sorry for this kinda pointlesspost

1. Kiwivillan

He sounds terrible. Why are you worried?

1. Tsparkes10

He is 80 ahead and has been for a while. Top 20k atm, hopefully chips come in clutch

1. Kiwivillan

He's wasted 2 major chips

2. Chucky

So gutted I didn’t get Vardy 🙁 don’t know what to do lumpy Fanny...

1. Chucky

with*

1. 1912 F.A Cup Winners

‘Lumpy fanny’ sounded better haha

1. Chucky

😛

2. DA Minnion

Some cream might help.

3. Leo10

Alisson
        Azpilicueta Diop Chilwell
        Hazard Salah Mane Fanderson
        Wilson Higuain Vardy

Probably a bit template-y but thoughts on FH team? Fanderson is a bit of a question mark and unsure if I'd be better going Ake/Burnley defender instead of Chilwell

1. boc610

Fanderson is a bleedin disaster, let's be honest

1. Leo10

I know but Huddersfield at home... just wish Arnautovic was nailed 🙁

2. Laurenzo

Good team. I'm debating this vs. two liverpool defenders instead of Mane. Feels like the clean sheet is more guaranteed than Mane scoring - but then again - Mane could light it up. Going Maddison instead of Anderson. Link up with Vardy looking more likely after today.

4. Dynamic Duos

31 with Salah(c) VVD TAA Pogba and Higuain, Salah better goes crazy while I'm at Anfield tomorrow 🙂

1. Tsparkes10

We quite similar I guess. I'm 24 with Salah (C), VVD, Pogba, TAA, Rash and Jimenez to play. GL 🙂

1. Dynamic Duos

Good luck to you to , I fell 400 places today hoping to get them back

1. Tsparkes10

I feel a fair few but concentrated on my ML Rival tbh. So chips next few are huge

• pakornk

anybody have Sterling but didnt captain him? Show of hands?

1. Dynamic Duos

o/

2. Tsparkes10

I capt Salah over Vardy... Guess we see about that tomz

• Better Call Salah

• DA Minnion

Yeah went Aguero instead unfortunately.

• elchilangles

yup Mané instead with Aguero as vc! 🙁

• Four Season Wonder

- Building for GW31
                - FH 32
                [2FTs] and don’t mind taking a hit (or two) if need be...

Current team.
                (No GK)
                Robbo • TAA • Digne
                Salah • Felipe • (Pogba, Son, MGW)
                (Kun, Jiminez, Rashford)

* Definitely want Vardy.

Considering three more from;
                Haz, Madds, Fraser/Brooks, Wilson/Rondon.

Thoughts?

1. Ruth_NZ

I think I'd FH31 in that situation. 😕

1. Four Season Wonder

How? Can’t help thinking it would be a waste though.

It’s only -8

1. Leo10

Would it not be better to use TC or BB in a dgw than FH?

1. Four Season Wonder

There will be other DGWs

2. Ruth_NZ

Because you only have 5 players for GW31 and 2 of those are quite dubious choices. You'd need a -16 to field 11 and probably a -24 to get a team as good as your FH team would be. Whereas you appear to be reasonably well set for GW32 and could then use that DGW for the TC.

I think that building for GW31 was the best way but that you have left it too late. Personally I already have 10 and have a choice between using a FT to field 11 or playing 10 and saving FT (probably what I will do).

2. Tsparkes10

If FH in 32 then I wouldn't be scared to take a few hits to field a full 11. I'm taking a - 12 because appearances from players I bring in will cover that alone. Maybe take a - 12 for something like:

Boruc in for your 2nd gk.
                    Pogba, Son to Haz, Fraser. Kun, Rashford to Vardy, Wilson/Higuain?

1. Four Season Wonder

I think the same. I don’t mind a hit or two for times like this.

That said, I do think I want to hold onto at least one of my big boys. (Even tho I’m FHing 32) I will still play Pogs etc)

1. Tsparkes10

Depends how much money saved and if you will wc in 34? I'm doing Pogba, Son, Rash and maybe AWB to Haz, Fraser, Wilson, Ake for a - 12.

1. Four Season Wonder

I still have my WC available. Looking at 34 yep.

But it’s GW33 that I worry about.

It’s my united assets I just don’t know whether to ditch both or just one. I have same amount tied up in each (0.6)

1. Tsparkes10

Hmmm difficult. Maybe Both tbh, can easy drop once or twice before 32 and if you get a solid 10/11 for 31 and use a FH 32 then you're fine for 33?

1. Four Season Wonder

That’s true as it goes.

It basically comes down to what players I want to bring in for 31. I’m more inclined to keep hold of Pogba and ditch the rest

1. Four Season Wonder

For now I’m going to do Rashford > Vardy

• Leo10

"I'm taking a - 12 because appearances from players I bring in will cover that alone"

Unless they're benched 😉

1. Tsparkes10

Hence why I'll look to bring in guaranteed starters :). If benched due to injury etc then that's just tough luck I guess. Rather that then field 8 and limit myself to so many points... Also hits are where the excitement is at 😉

2. PrettyDick

If you have Higuain and Wilson, your FH chip for GW32 but no 2nd Wildcard: Would you rather add:

A) Fraser
                        B) Hazard

to that team?

1. Leo10

Hazard

1. PrettyDick

cheers

2. elchilangles

Fraser

3. Deulofale

What doth thou thinketh of myne..... plan? (2FTs)

GW31: Martial ➡ Tielemans

Higuaín (C), Tielemans

Boruc* | Sterling, Aguero, Jimenez, Pogba

GW34: WC
                          GW35: BB/TC/FH
                          GW38: FH

1. Deulofale

Oops. Doherty shouldn't be in the GW33 XI (and Pat swapped with Boruc)

2. shearer9

FH wasted in GW38 no?

1. Four Season Wonder

Nah, FH is great for final GW.

2. Deulofale

FH 38 benefits:

+ Spend your biggest budget of the season on unlimited transfers
                              + Handpick players with maximum information for right up to the deadline on a day where many teams might experiment with youngsters etc
                              + Pick players from teams who have something to fight for, rather than beached teams
                              + Can fill up on players from okay teams with DGW after GW34, but not carry them for the full 5GWs. E.g. can triple on Wolves and Brighton (maybe others), then sell for their poor final fixturewhen they are possibly both already safe
                              + You get all of your FTs possible. Playing it earlier in the season means burning a transfer
                              + You don't need ot account for the boomerang team. People see it as a possitive, but you can have too many low-mid priced players in your team, which is happening to people who are planning for GW32 and 33 with players they will (and have) even own for GW29 and 30 too.
                              + You can use the TC chip in GW32 to give you 2 more fixtures (and possibly the best fictures of the season if TC a City player).

Those are some benefits off the top of my head. I haven't tried to balance it out. 🙂

1. Deulofale

planning for GW31 and 33*

2. shearer9

Haha put me in my place. I personally think it's much more effective in 32. Yes with the TC you get two extra fixtures effectively for one player (assuming they play both) but FH gives you potentially 11 extra fixtures, which tips it for me.

3. shearer9

Obviously you have some doublers already, but still FH maximises the number and you can other form players in like Lukaku who have doubles.

1. Deulofale

I would have 10 doublers potentially, so with the TC I would actually get 1 more fixture than FHers in GW32. Of course I could decide to play FH in 32 if necessary based on DGW announcements, but if it's going to reduce the number of fixtures, or not increase by more than a 2 or 3, then it might be worth saving, especially since saving it, also throws a FT out the window for GW33.

1. Deulofale

*especially since using it [FH], also throws a FT out the window

Not to mention the added threat of rotation in a DGW which makes each fixture a bit less valuable anyway

1. shearer9

Oh I completely forgot Chelsea will have a double. Is it likely to be in 32? Yeah I like your plan, and like you said you have the flexibility to FH if new information arises.

1. Deulofale

Yeah 🙂 Cheers. Probably all planned for nothing, but well see what the doubles are

1. shearer9

So if using this plan, I should get Higuain in for Aguero rather than Wilson, because of Chelsea's double? Basically asking if Aguero and Sterling to Hig and Haz for -4 is a good idea? Only got 0.3 in value tied up. It also works if I FH 32.

1. Deulofale

On paper, yes, because you get 4 fixtures in 3GWs instead of 2, but one of the big plusses of this strategy, in my eyes, is using TC on a City player in GW32, and for me, avoiding hits for the approx. the ame number of fixtures as others who are using FH AND hits. I don't think you have enough potential DGW32 players in your team to make this strategy work. I would suggest sticking to using the FH in GW31 or 32 (or mayyyybe even 33), as that will help you to maximise fixtures enormously.

1. shearer9

Yeah I've got triple Pool whereas you'll only be starting Robertson in 32. Cheers mate, v helpful.

3. EMBOLOFAN

think the strategy is far from optimal in first place

1. Deulofale

Does that mean it won't word as a genrealised strategy cookie cut onto every team? Coz I would agree with that 🙂

1. Deulofale

work*
                                  generalised*

2. EMBOLOFAN

dont think theres any scenario in which it would be best option available

1. Deulofale

Thanks for you thoughts

3. shearer9

What are the main flaws?

1. Deulofale

He's not that kind of poster

• Bad Kompany

Any reason not to do jimmy to Wilson now to avoid price drop. Both options I’m looking at involve this transfer?

Chances of both hazard rising and son falling tonight?

1. PrettyDick

The only reason would be if Wilson picks up an injury in training during the week (which is always a risk with early transfers).

Doesn't *seem* like either of them will, but looks like both will be pretty close.

good luck

• boc610

I think it was after the 300 th agueroooooooooooo post on here today that the football gods decided enough is enough

• Better Call Salah

Would you keep Kun (0.6 + value) or sell for BGW player ?

*FHing in 32

1. Four Season Wonder

I’m asking same question. But I only have .4 tied up

1. Better Call Salah

Yeah, bigger pool for strikers (wilson, vardy, king, higs) than mids

2. Kasper the ghost keeper

In the same situation. Leaning towards selling but getting in for free hit. Losing the same value as you but you're still getting two extra games with for example Vardy

3. shearer9

I've got 0.2 tied up but don't reckon I'll sell.

1. PrettyDick

what is '0.2 tied up' here? What's your pp and your sp ?

1. shearer9

11.9 and 11.7

1. PrettyDick

Each to their own but if that is the reason you're holding I'd definitely vote sell.

I'd also expect him to drop until you want him back,

1. shearer9

Yeah you're right. Aguero and Sterling to Higuain and Hazard for -4 seems sensible.

4. Kiwivillan

You only lose 0.3m and he will drop and if buying riser probably balances out

5. PrettyDick

Do you mean you'll get 11.3 for selling him now? Or 11.6?

I'm assuming 11.6, and in that case I wouldn't let that value stop me (unless you're 0.2-3 away from your absolute dream FH team in gw32).

For one thing I am assuming he'll drop at least once, and then you'd only lose 0.2 on him. Second, this is the time of the season you have been building up your value for. So you can exchange it for points 🙂

Best of luck

6. Better Call Salah

Thanks all

• shearer9

Surely Sterling won't rise tonight? That would be another level of stupid.

1. DA Minnion

But he's after scoring a hat trick.

2. Kiwivillan

Hope so then can sell for 0.1m profit

3. PrettyDick

I really hope so, I'd get another price rise out of him before I sell him. And then hoping he'll drop before I can get him back on FH :))

1. shearer9

Same position here! Just can't believe the idiocy of those getting him in though haha. Maybe it's FHers.

• Please Answer Me

who looks more threatening Wilson or Fraser?

1. shearer9

Fraser looks like a friendly, unassuming chap and he's quite small. Wilson's tats make him look marginally more threatening.

1. EMBOLOFAN

lol

2. pakornk

is taking a -4 for bgw31 worth it? Lloris > Fab (-4)?

1. Better Call Salah

Yep

2. Moosie the Staggie

100%

3. AnzhiBabakin (AKA: FC Akhma…

Dinnery has been off lately but he reckons Pellegrini subbed Fanny for tactical reasons.
                                Not that he'll be much use next week based on form though!

1. DA Minnion

A real Fanny is far more useful.

1. EMBOLOFAN

both expensive

2. PrettyDick

Has he? How so?

3. Kiwivillan

Tactical reasons = playing like shite, on vacation last few months

2. Four Season Wonder

Is everyone off Brooks now that Fraser bossed it today

1. EMBOLOFAN

only idiots. brooks is our king

1. shearer9

Trevor Brooking is our king, Brooks is our prince.

• Moosie the Staggie

Did Brooks not go off injured?

2. CliveTilds

Looks like Son is going down in price tonight. Any chance he doesn’t?

1. DA Minnion

Don't let the Son go down on me.

2. dmkp

I don't think he will go down as he is on - 95.4 but you never know

1. CliveTilds

Still another hour to go.

1. Kiwivillan

37 mins

2. Sun Jihai

It's pretty much impossible
                                          He's on -95.4, but there are 42 players below him
                                          Can't see 43 price falls overnight

3. Moosie the Staggie

What a transfer in Ricardo Pereira has been, averaging 1ppg over the last four weeks.
                                        I can't wait to see him leave my squad

1. EMBOLOFAN

i love him in spite of his poor ppg. he’s added an element of chaos to my team selections

2. Sterling Malory

What to do here? Used my FT to do Aguero to Vardy...

Fabianski
                                          Robbo TAA Digne
                                          Salah Hazard Maddison XXXX
                                          Rondon Vardy

Etheridge Pogba Jiminez Doherty

Haven't got my Free Hit left so don't want to lose Wolves or Utd assets for 32.

Looking likely I'll bring in Fraser over Brooks, right move?

Anything else worth doing?

1. Tsparkes10

Nice for 31 but only problem for 32 is I'd want city and probs get rid of triple pool but I guess no FH makes that impossible

1. Sterling Malory

Was just going to do Vardy back to Aguero?

2. Tsparkes10

Just for a general opinion?
                                              Do you consider me daft taking a
                                              - 12 hit so I field 11 in 31 and 33 instead of 8?

1. Kiwivillan

Not really as hits over 2 pay for themselves assuming base score of 2pts per game

2. TorresMagic™

Just relax and do it.

• Flapjack ✅

Kun captain but sterling gave me a green. I’ll take it I guess

Losing Lascelles gives a headache for next week

Ake!

1. Flapjack ✅

Was on -8 already for 11 and I dunno if I wanna -12. Although Lascelles could miss 33 anyway so maybe worth it. Meh.

1. Tsparkes10

Ake almost scored today and love his 31 and 33 fixtures. I may go him and play a 442 instead of bringing in a mid or Rondon/Higuain tbh

1. Flapjack ✅

Already got Boruc. Let’s see what tomorrow brings

1. Tsparkes10

Ah right. Fair enough, what's your team looking like atm? And plans... Also taking a - 12 myself so could to see another

Good to see*

2. KneejerkJoe

So what do you make of FAnderson performances? Reckon he will start against Hudd? Hudd are shocking, so no fun to get tid before that game......

1. Tsparkes10

Not watched but doesn't sound good. Only keeping because I have to. Gone in my FH and WC though

2. Moosie the Staggie

Is Arnie dead in the water now?
                                                        Got 2 frees this week and seriously considering moving him on and keeping Jimenez

1. Tsparkes10

I'd keep for Hud. Came on at HT this week to try 2 up top so feel they may start this way next gw

1. Moosie the Staggie

Hard to keep when he's such an easy switch to Wilson.
                                                              I guess I have a week to think it over.

1. Tsparkes10

Depends on chips I guess. Think about it, loads of time

2. Sun Jihai

Seems that way I guess
                                                              The fact he's not starting games like Cardiff probably suggests the club are preparing for life without him next season
                                                              Reading on the WHU forum, it seems like quite a few fans don't want him on the pitch too:

"Arnie's damage to our season can't be purely measured on today's performance.
                                                              If I had my way, he wouldn't play for us again."

1. Moosie the Staggie

Wow, didn't realise they had totally turned on him.
                                                                I personally thought that the new contract would see him stay but it seems logical that he's been dropped and talk off injury/illness was fake news

• Tsparkes10

What's general thoughts of FH for 32? Think I'll personally get rid of triple pool, bring in triple City, Pogba, Lukaku, maybe Lindelof and triple Chelsea if dgw then see how I can fill other spots

1. Leo10

Personally I prefer using it in the blank and using the BB or TC in 32 depending on fixtures.

1. Tsparkes10

Well I have no City atm and triple pool which I'd want to probably switch on its head for 32 dgw. Will play bb in 35 and TC when I feel it

1. Leo10

is 35 going to be a bigger dgw than 32?

1. Tsparkes10

No idea. Guess we wait and see

• Kiwivillan

32 expected biggest

2. Kiwivillan

It's perfect pivot for 31/33 teams and every man and his dog will have close to 11 in blank so FH a waste

• Moosie the Staggie

Almost certain I will go for Kane and captain him

Against Pool in 32?

1. Moosie the Staggie

Apologies, was 34 I was thinking off.

1. Moosie the Staggie

Lukaku captain could be a decent differential

• Ruinenlust

Is Boruc 100% nailed?

1. Leo10

started for a while now and CS today. no reason to be dropped

2. Kiwivillan

I joked 5 games ago this would be asked every week until end of season and this about 4th similar post last 24 hrs 😆

1. EMBOLOFAN

people asked about guaiti constantly too...

1. Kiwivillan

Not even close and there was no mainstream reported bust up with a Palace keeper and manager

3. Going To Win This Year

Can't afford Jimmy to vardy. Shall i go Wilson instead?

Holding aggy as don't have WC.

1. Leo10

Yes. Wilson is probably a better choice than Vardy next week anyway

4. Four Season Wonder

Are Newcastle 100% playing GW33?

1. Flapjack ✅

1. Four Season Wonder

Just deciding whether to bring in Rondon now to enable Vardy move, but want a guaranteed 33 player

2. Team Cruel

54 % chance of playing.

5. camarozz

Turned it around again. Got myself to 808 OR but 6 red arrows fell to just over 10k.

3 greens and I'm back to 1675 with 65 today and 5 left to play.

And all because I used patience if I'm honest. Just 1 hit.

1. Tsparkes10

Very well done mate. I was at 1575 I think my highest this year. Then wildcarded at the end of the first of season and got daft. Made loads of changes, lost interest and dropped to 80k now but gonna try turn it around now it's chip time

2. SuperDan

Yay or nay?
                                                                        Aguero, Jiminez, Sterling, Doherty > Vardy, Higuain, Hazard, Luiz (-8)

Like it but not yet.