Members

The best midfielders to sign with the Free Hit chip in Blank Gameweek 31

Our series of articles on the best Free Hit squad for Blank Gameweek 31 continues today with a look at midfielders.

Using data that can be found in the Fantasy Football Scout members area we have assessed which options are the most likely to find the back of the net, offer assists, or provide a combination of both.

Members can read on and take in our analysis, but those without membership can still enjoy Tuesday’s article on goalkeepers for free.

READ MORE BLANK GAMEWEEK 31 FREE HIT COVERAGE:

Which midfielders have the best goal threat?

READ MORE BLANK GAMEWEEK 31 FREE HIT COVERAGE:

Become a Member and access our data

Memberships for the 2018/19 campaign are now available for the price of just £10.

• Get access to over 130+ exclusive members articles over the season.

CLICK HERE TO BECOME A FANTASY FOOTBALL SCOUT MEMBER

1. The Wizard of Ozil
    7 days, 7 hours ago

Still toying with Jimenez-> Wilson, do we think either will change in price tonight?

1. Pompel
      7 days, 7 hours ago

Nah, but Wilson for sure tomorrow

2. Pilgrim62

Very possible Wilson will rise

3. pingissimus
        7 days, 7 hours ago

Wilson rises tonight for sure

• Super Saints
        7 days, 7 hours ago

How much did you get Jimi for? Doesn't look likely that either will change in price.

1. The Wizard of Ozil

Selling value is 6.5

1. Super Saints
            7 days, 7 hours ago

Ah so your only losing 0.3 on him, guess you should make that transfer then.

• Freddiebell

Wilson, Mane, And hazard will all rise tomorrow

4. Ole Gunnar be juan winner
      7 days, 7 hours ago

With BGW31 fast approaching many have or are starting to finalise their plans for the upcomming GW.

With this in mind what player that you do not own or intend to own due to team structure or other reasons do you fear the most?

Who do you think will be the unsung hero of your team for BGW31?

1. Dannyb
        7 days, 7 hours ago

Scared of not owning Vardy, can't afford him without a -8. Tielemans will have to do.

1. TheDragon
            7 days, 7 hours ago

You won’t be invited to the party

2. Ole Gunnar be juan winner
          7 days, 7 hours ago

For myself Mane is the player I fear the most, and I think Arnautovic will be my unsung Hero

3. All Out of Mounie
          7 days, 7 hours ago

Vardy... was a toss up with him and Higuain. Went for the latter.

1. Ole Gunnar be juan winner
            7 days, 7 hours ago

Vardy doesnt do more than 1 goal, nothing to be fearful of 🙂 (non Vardy owner her)

1. The Tinkerman

Scored two last week...

4. Do I Not Like Orange
          7 days, 7 hours ago

Fear: Mane. He's been killing me for weeks, but unfortunately I decided 2 GWs ago that TAA would be the final man in my Pool triple.

Unsung hero: think Fraser could do well for me. Would probably prefer to captain him to Salah in all honesty.

1. Ole Gunnar be juan winner

Same went TAA over Mane 3 GW's ago

5. Super Saints
          7 days, 7 hours ago

Really scared of not owning Wilson, know I should get him but kills my TV selling Jimenez which weakens my FH team!

1. pingissimus
              7 days, 7 hours ago

If you're that scared get him.

There's always corners to be cut when it comes to 32 - decent cheap defenders aplenty. It could well be after all that it's not a DGW for lots of the premiums and it's going to be smart fo have some bargains in there anyhow.

1. Super Saints
                7 days, 7 hours ago

I'm still thinking about doing it, my FH team with Jimi's value is so strong though and I'll have Fraser and Boruc from Bournemouth to 'cover' him.

• Dthinger
              7 days, 7 hours ago

I'm terrified of Wilson. I'm on Free Hit, but at the moment going with with Rondon instead.

2. pingissimus
              7 days, 7 hours ago

It's going to be another Rondo master class.

1. Super Saints
                7 days, 7 hours ago

Vardy and Rondon up top for me so fingers crossed!

• Dthinger
              7 days, 7 hours ago

Wilson. I always seem to own or not own him at the wrong times.

Unsung Hero? Maguire.

• petefa
              7 days, 7 hours ago

I think I fear Shaqiri the most. I can't help thinking that he's gonna knock in a hat trick and troll is all.

3. ⭐️Sonny ⭐️
            7 days, 7 hours ago

5 players playing gameweek 31 as it stands but I do have a free transfer. Free hit?

1. TheDragon

Depends who the 5 are.

If you can get: Salah,Mane,Hazard,Vardy,Wilson and a Liverpool defender then you may be ok.

If your 5 are Everton and Huddersfield players then free hit away!

1. ⭐️Sonny ⭐️
                  7 days, 7 hours ago

Fabianski, Robertson, Yedlin, Anderson and Vardy. I could take a -4 and get Mane and Hazard in. Would that be good enough do you think?

1. Ole Gunnar be juan winner
                    7 days, 7 hours ago

no where near good enough

1. TheDragon
                        7 days, 7 hours ago

I agree (in terms of this week) but it depends how your team is set up for GW32. Its better to have a great GW32 team and poor GW31 team than the other way around

• Disco Stu
                7 days, 7 hours ago

Was able to put together this team taking only one hit and still retained my gains in Pogba and Jimi for the FH in 32 and the WC in 34

Fab
                TAA/VVD/Luiz/Digne
                Haz/Fraser/Salah(C)/Rich
                Wilson(VC)/Vardy

1. Twisted Saltergater

Very nice, Disco Stu!

2. TheDragon
                    7 days, 7 hours ago

Mane is your only real danger

1. Disco Stu
                      7 days, 7 hours ago

In the words or George Carlin, You can't have everything. Where would you put it?

1. All Out of Mounie

In storage

1. Disco Stu

That's a lot of storage

3. cigan
                    7 days, 7 hours ago

What to do with Felipe Anderson?

I've got 11 including him after 1 hit. Is taking him out for a Leicester mid (already got Vardy) sensible?

FH next week. WC 34.

1. how now brown cow

I'd play him.

Low expectations, but against Huddersfield who knows.

1. cigan
                          7 days, 7 hours ago

Worried about him getting dropped

1. how now brown cow
                            7 days, 7 hours ago

It's possible. But then still likely cameo.

Arnie goes off injured before 70 mins every game.

1. cigan

Ha, that's true

• cigan

team is

Fab
                            TAA Robertson Luiz
                            Salah Hazard Fraser Anderson
                            Vardy Barnes Rondon

• Twisted Saltergater
                            7 days, 7 hours ago

Give him Huddersfield. I'm hoping for an Arnie start as they seem to play well together.

• Jon Snow
                            7 days, 7 hours ago

I have him and I'm keeping, despite his atrocious form it's still Huddersfield so hope for the best (or at least a 3)

• JohnCarewCarew
                            7 days, 7 hours ago

Could be a differential. If you’ve got him you’ve pretty much gotta play him and hope.

• cigan
                              7 days, 7 hours ago

Ok the consensus seems pretty clear, I was trying to overcomplicate stuff again. Thanks everyone

• how now brown cow
                            7 days, 7 hours ago

Not been following the price changes closely. Any chance aguero falls tonight?

1. Super Saints
                              7 days, 7 hours ago

He's barely moving, only on 90 now so should be ok tonight.

• Arctic monkeys
                            7 days, 7 hours ago

Is there any article wbout who to bench first. Jeeez

• Top Lad Dakes.
                            7 days, 7 hours ago

Wish Salah was on better form - would've been a clear cut TC choice this weekend!

1. XabiAlonso
                              7 days, 7 hours ago

Think I'm gonna triple cap him anyway, bound to get double digits while everyone gets mane on their freehit

2. Flapjack ✅
                              7 days, 7 hours ago

That makes it the perfect storm to TC.

I TC Aguero because he was a huge differential as nobody trusted him with the armband. You’ll get the majority captaining him so yeah it’s not the same, but much lower than we expected and hardly any TC.

Pick a good spot and enjoy the rewards

• Dare to Dedede
                            7 days, 7 hours ago

Away stats suggest Firmino is a slightly better option than Mane, who do I get if I’m captaining Salah?

A) Firmino

B) Mane

1. TheDragon

It’s got to be Mane

• Flapjack ✅

Are you in desperate chasing mode ? If not, Mane 100%

• JoeSoap

Mane for me

2. Ole Gunnar be juan winner

Non Mane owners unite 🙂

1. TheDragon
                                  7 days, 7 hours ago

I hear you can get a discount on sofas if you buy in bulk

• Flapjack ✅

I don’t own him !

But I will tomorrow 😉

1. donlobatto
                                    7 days, 7 hours ago

Who you dropping for him?

I’m doing a -8
                                      Son Sterling Jiminez and Aguero

Become

Mane Hazard Vardy wilson

1. Super Saints
                                        7 days, 7 hours ago

Are you using your FH in 32? How much value do you lose with that -8!?

Yeah FH32

Jiminez is the risky one but I like the strikers

I’m losing exactly 1 mill

1. Super Saints
                                            7 days, 7 hours ago

I got Jimi at 5.5 so am reluctant to sell, just gotta hope Fraser gets involved! Gonna sell Son Pog Aguero for Mane Fraser Vardy.

7 days, 7 hours ago

What swung it for me was the fact I could get wilson or Vardy for Jiminez and that’s for two gameweeks. There’s only 9 GW’s left so it’s huge..

Yeah I’ll be annoyed if they blank but don’t wanna drop ranks due to being passive

1. Super Saints
                                                7 days, 7 hours ago

I don't think Vardy or Wilson will blank.

I'm hoping that I can make the points back and then some with stronger DGW players in FH32 but I hope it pays off for you.

I have to either sell Pogba for Fraser or Jimi for Wilson but I lose much more value in Jimi.

2. donlobatto

That is ruddy tasty!
                                        I’m only getting in 2 of those for -4 (Wilson and Haz)

Obv jealous of Mané but I’m LIV blocked

Vaguely considering Pog > Fraser for further -4 but doesn’t seem worth it

2. Super Saints
                                    7 days, 7 hours ago

Same here, selling Son for Maneeeeee then in a few weeks I'll ditch Salah, wooooooo

2. Jon Snow

Already have Salah and Robertson
                                A) Son >> Hazard
                                B) Son >> Mane
                                C) Son + Pogba >> Mane + Hazard (-4)

Only need 1 transfer to field 11 but if I opted for C I could bench Billing. However dropping Pogba means losing 0.4 in value as I'd most likely bring him back in FH32/WC34.

1. S3

C

2. Dosh
                                  7 days, 7 hours ago

Captain Arnie ahead of Salah?

1. Jon Snow
                                    7 days, 7 hours ago

No from me, Huddersfield are bad but West Ham still stuck. Also Fulham don't seem to like defending.

2. how now brown cow
                                    7 days, 7 hours ago

Scoring in 1 game since gw 11.

Brave.

3. JoeSoap

3. Flapjack ✅

Fraser is just awful

Brooks hands down outscores him over 31&33 and not buying the “bumchum of wilson” narrative. That shows how good wilson is that’s if.

1. JackJack

Stop posting rubbish.

1. MeatPieSausageRoll

Battle of the Jacks

1. JackJack
                                          7 days, 7 hours ago

He's giving us a bad name.

Hey

We will see who’s right. Time will tell

1. JackJack
                                              7 days, 7 hours ago

My records show Fraser as having 42 more points this season, along with a 13 point return last week. This alone throws your opening statement out the window.

7 days, 7 hours ago

Read the article then play with the stats.

I’m not buying it. Many are.

Different opinions are essential for this website to work.

2. Fitzy.
                                      7 days, 7 hours ago

Brooks owner who wishes he'd got Fraser instead alert.

7 days, 7 hours ago

I have Sterling Kun and Son leaving. I can afford anyone.

3. Game Over

Homophobic. Ban.

2. Becks
                                    7 days, 7 hours ago

Any chance Alonso gets a start on the weekend after tonights display?

7 days, 7 hours ago

Way too risky. Don’t buy, but I wouldn’t sell either.

1. Becks

Owner yeah, won't sell

7 days, 7 hours ago

Yeah don’t sell, if he does start he could really punish.

I don’t think he will tbh but he’s the kind of player that can haul 20+ points

1. Becks
                                            7 days, 7 hours ago

Not expecting a start mut situation could change for 33 too.

2. Rainer
                                      7 days, 7 hours ago

Always a chance but history doesn't favour their starting LB for following league games.

3. JoeSoap
                                    7 days, 7 hours ago

How would you prioritise the following transfers?

A. Aguero>Vardy
                                    B. Rash>Wilson
                                    C. Pogba>Hazard
                                    D. All 3 for -8

Playing FH GW32

FAB
                                    ROBERTSON, TAA, PEREIRA, DIGNE
                                    SALAH, FRASER, Pogba, ANDERSON
                                    Rashford, Aguero
                                    Guaita, Hojb, awb, Jiminez

Go for them all

2. pingissimus
                                        7 days, 7 hours ago

I'd hold Vardy for 33 FT when he has Huddersfield.

So B and C

• JoeSoap

Thanks all

3. Revival
                                      7 days, 7 hours ago

Best cheap 5th midfielder that is 4.8m or less? Are McNeil or Noble worth a punt?

7 days, 7 hours ago

Well Noble is on pens and has an easy one this week. So could be worse punts if you’re that low on funds

2. JoeSoap

McNeill not a bad shout

4. Pompel
                                      7 days, 7 hours ago

So hard to decide last spots fror GW31.
                                      Pick a combo two of of these three (have Fraser):

A) Vardy
                                      B) Wilson
                                      1) H.Barnes
                                      2) Maddison
                                      3) Sigurdsson

Cheers!

1. PascalCygan
                                        7 days, 7 hours ago

Tough one. I have King but still considering Wilson - but I'd love Vardy, primarily for 33 admittedly.

For this week, B2 at a push.

1. Pompel

Txs

5. Ole Gunnar be juan winner

Current GW32 Team:

Doherty
                                      Pogba
                                      Rashford

1. Rainer

GW32 is going to be another blank? 😮

2. how now brown cow
                                        7 days, 7 hours ago

Looks a bit short in a few areas

3. Iceball

Need more Jimenez 🙂

6. Tingate

Alisson
                                      Robertson - Smith
                                      Barnes - Fraser - Salah

Hamer - Doherty - AWB - Bednarek - Pogba - Sterling - Aguero - Jiménez - Kamara
                                      1FT - 1.4M ITB

Doherty and Pogba > Daniels and Hazard (-4) so I potentially have 8 players with Smith being doubtful? Used my FH chip already so at the minute 31-33 is about damage limitation really.

Any help much appreciated!

7. PascalCygan
                                      7 days, 7 hours ago

Mane or Hazard not looking likely to rise tonight are they?

Those mentions on here last night about Mane limping didn't amount to anything, did they?

The paranoid voice at the back of my mind wants to wait until Liverpool's press conference tomorrow just to make 100% sure he's OK!

1. Rainer
                                        7 days, 7 hours ago

Think they were just eagle eyed non-owning FFS doctors re. Mane.

1. PascalCygan

Ha, thanks!

8. Rt505

VVD/Rondón or TAA/Wilson?

9. Chenku╰☆╮
                                      7 days, 7 hours ago

1850 is what the dream team total score is. That's without a captain they are under 10k ranking. Are we missing a trick or just don't have the budget to own them all 😀

7 days, 7 hours ago

I’m above that. Then I realised without captain.. that’s insane.

Then again I wonder if it’s within budget ? 😉

2. Rainer
                                        7 days, 7 hours ago

Wish I could also have 5 Liverpool players.

3. Revival
                                        7 days, 7 hours ago

1850 is the exact amount of points I have too. Who needs the dream team!

1. Chenku╰☆╮
                                          7 days, 7 hours ago

But you used up captain each week..

4. Ask Yourself
                                        7 days, 7 hours ago

I do try to have the highest scoring players every week I promise

10. ol3andre
                                      7 days, 7 hours ago

Wilson or Arnie if you already got Fraser and Brooks?

7 days, 7 hours ago

Wilson looks so good this week

11. ddfc

Dunk >>

1. Azpi
                                      2. Luiz

Thanks 🙂

Seriously flip a coin 😉

Luiz if you wanna go with the crowd

Azpi for a differential

2. Becks

Azpi

12. Hakim Ziyech
                                        7 days, 7 hours ago

Holy Moly! So people are actually selling Salah. This is lovely, no better game this weekend Mo!

1. Rainer
                                          7 days, 7 hours ago

People want that double defence!

1. Hakim Ziyech
                                              7 days, 7 hours ago

did not work out last week, I fancy a Ryan Babbel goal this weekend to put more salt to that

1. G-Whizz
                                                7 days, 5 hours ago

Maybe not, but the returns I've got in the previous 5 GWs more than made up for it!

2. Revival
                                            7 days, 7 hours ago

Those who sell before Fulham game deserve any punishment he dishes out

1. Hakim Ziyech
                                                7 days, 7 hours ago

Oh yes! They deserve all sort of punishment

2. pingissimus

Over 60000 have sold Mo and also over 60000 have bought Sterling this week

(The Mo to Sterling move isn't showing up as being very popular!)

1. Hakim Ziyech

Hehehehe

• Rainer

Auba G
                                                Kola A

• Flapjack ✅
                                                7 days, 7 hours ago

I want to own Kolasinac again before the season ends

• JohnCarewCarew
                                                7 days, 7 hours ago

Captain Arnautovic is seducing me with his sultry, blond Austrian ways. Please someone, break the spell.

1. Jon Snow
                                                  7 days, 7 hours ago

do you really trust West Ham, like REALLY trust them?

2. how now brown cow
                                                  7 days, 7 hours ago

He hasn't been starting and has only scored a goal in one game since Nov 3rd.

1. JohnCarewCarew
                                                    7 days, 7 hours ago

Phew. Thank you, Vardy or Wilson it is then. But everyone’s got them and I’m miles behind.............

1. yakirh
                                                      7 days, 6 hours ago

Go for Arnie then
                                                      When trailing need to go against the crowed somwtimes

• Silecro
                                                7 days, 7 hours ago

As a person who still owns Auba and Kola, of course this hauls happen in europa, bc why would they ever in pl...

• NUFCAndrew
                                                7 days, 7 hours ago

Who’s everyone captaining this weekend?

1. how now brown cow
                                                  7 days, 7 hours ago

Salah. Because i'm dull and pay no attention to form.

1. lindeg
                                                      7 days, 7 hours ago

mane, crazy form as of late