Nathan Redmond (£5.4m) has been handed another start in the central attacking midfield role in which he thrived in Double Gameweek 34.
Having played as a makeshift centre-forward for long spells this season, the former Norwich man was paired with Josh Sims (£4.4m) last time out and got a brace.
Ralph Hasenhüttl has gone with the same system in attack, handing another start to striker Danny Ings (£5.4m) too.
However, there was disappointment for those Fantasy managers who had invested in Southampton defender Yan Valery (£4.1m) with this Double Gameweek in mind.
After coming off with cramp in Double Gameweek 34 and overcoming that this week, he ends up missing the game through illness.
Jannik Vestergaard (£4.6m) is also absent making for a back-three of Maya Yoshida (£4.1m), Jan Bednarek (£4.0m) and Jack Stephens (£4.2m).
In central midfield there are starts for budget midfielders Oriol Romeu (£4.2m) and Pierre-Emile Højbjerg (£4.4m), who will be in a handful of Bench Boost squads.
Meanwhile, Newcastle’s relevance to the Fantasy Premier League scene continues to dwindle.
Salomón Rondón (£5.9m) remains the most popular Magpie in the game but his ownership has fallen again, now to just 6.5% overall.
Newcastle XI: Dubravka; Schar, Lascelles, Dummett; Manquillo, Ki, Hayden, Ritchie; Almiron, Perez; Rondon
Southampton XI: Gunn; Bednarek, Yoshida, Stephens; Ward-Prowse, Oriol Romeu, Højbjerg, Bertrand; Sims, Redmond; Ings.
Become a Member and access our data
Memberships for the 2018/19 campaign are now available for the price of just £10.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 130+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.