After the Fantasy Premier League points-fest at Anfield last night, Gameweek 36 continues in north London as Tottenham Hotspur face West Ham United in the Saturday lunchtime kick-off.
Rotation was a concern for those who own Spurs assets as the Lilywhites are in Champions League action on Tuesday, with Mauricio Pochettino sending out mixed messages in his pre-match press conference yesterday – the Argentinean talking of “fatigue” and “fresh legs” but also emphatically stressing the importance of today’s fixture.
The Tottenham boss has named a strong-looking team for this London derby, however, with Christian Eriksen, Dele Alli, Lucas Moura and Son Heung-min all featuring in the starting XI.
There are some high-profile exclusions in defence, though, with Kieran Trippier and Jan Vertonghen among the players to make way.
Vertonghen isn’t part of the match-day squad but Trippier is among the substitutes, along with Fernando Llorente and Vincent Janssen.
Pochettino has lined his side up in a 4-3-1-2 formation, with Ben Davies and Juan Foyth at full-back and Eriksen dropping back alongside Eric Dier and Danny Rose in a three-man central midfield.
Alli will provide the support for Lucas and Son.
Manuel Pellegrini has made two changes from the side that drew with Leicester last Saturday, with Issa Diop and Ryan Fredericks replacing Angelo Ogbonna and Pablo Zabaleta.
Jack Wilshere and the fit-again Javier Hernandez are among the substitutes but there is no place in Pellegrini’s 18-man squad for Aaron Cresswell or Manuel Lanzini, both of whom returned to training after minor injuries this week.
Marko Arnautovic leads the line again despite being without a Premier League goal since early January.
Just over 100,000 FPL managers transferred in Son this week, with around 67,000 purchasing Lucas.
142,887 Fantasy bosses handed Son the captaincy, with 3,289 of those using the Triple Captain chip on the South Korean midfielder.
Tottenham Hotspur XI(4-3-1-2): Lloris, Foyth, Sanchez, Alderweireld, Davies, Dier, Rose, Eriksen, Alli, Moura, Son.
Subs: Gazzaniga, Trippier, Janssen, Wanyama, Walker-Peters, Llorente, Skipp.
West Ham United XI (4-1-4-1): Fabianski, Fredericks, Diop, Balbuena, Masuaku, Noble, Rice, Antonio, Snodgrass, Anderson, Arnautovic.
Subs: Adrian, Zabaleta, Obiang, Wilshere, Ogbonna, Perez, Hernandez.
Become a Member and access our data
Memberships for the 2018/19 campaign are now available for the price of just £10.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 130+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.