Podcast

Live end-of-season Scoutcast gets underway soon

Our final Scoutcast of the season will be broadcast live this evening.

Barring any technical difficulties, we’ll be live on our YouTube channel from 18:00 BST.

The Scoutcast can also be viewed in the embedded video below.

David, Neale and Az are joined by FPL General for a kneejerk dissection of their own performances in Gameweek 38 and the season as a whole.

There’ll also be a salute to the winner of our two FPL leagues, Adam Levy, who finished top of the world by some considerable distance.

The Scoutcasters will be discussing their own personal highlights and many lowlights of the 2018/19 campaign.

General, Az, Neale and David will then reveal what lessons they have learned for next season and how they will approach the next three months of downtime.

There’ll be one final review of the clean sheet and differential punts from last week’s Scoutcast and the season overall.

Posted by

1. Gameweek 38 Rough with the Smooth
    Geoff

Final GW Rough with the Smooth !

How did your GW go? Did your transfers pay off? Did a hit turn out badly? How did your bench perform?

Feel free to post your tales of joy and woe from Gameweek 38 here:

1. ZICO SENNA

Som to redmond worked a treat, Sterling captain not so much, but ah well, rank happy and ML cash won! Joys!

1. liverpool01

Nice one!

2. liverpool01

Final gw went well won my ml £150!!!

Rival captained Sterling instead of Auba and left Antonio on the bench lol

• Big Jari Litmanen

Didn’t realise Hazard was gonna get benched, should have transferred to Mané

• drughi

No rough or smooth really, Son and Yoshida > Fraser and Walker didn't go well.

• Epic Fail ⚽ 墅

Didn’t realise Babel was gonna get benched, should have transferred to Shelvey.

1. borat

Didn't realise kun will get only 6 pts. should have bought batshuai and capped him

2. Amey

Didn't realize Redmond was going to get 10 points. Would have TC him.

3. PlumaPiedra

Lost 2 of my ML because I had Salah captain and they both had Mane captain!

4. Do I Not Like Orange

Firmino/Son > Vardy/Pogba (-4) went about as badly as possible, and Sterling (c) looked a very bad choice at HT with rivals captaining Kun.

Still, looks like TAA & Mane pulled out my MLs for me in the end, so all's well that ends well. A bad season & OR put down to experience.

5. Manani

transfer did poorly, didn't do my hit (Jimenez>Auba) that would have paid off.

but my old and trusted ones did alright. Seems like my story of the season

6. Carlton_Goal

Took a hit to bring in Trent and Wilson for Doherty and Jiminez for a 9 point net gain despite Wilson's blank.

Also captained Mane, finished on 80(-4) and a green arrow up 11,000 places to 45k for my highest ever finish after being ranked 100k at the end of GW31

7. Yank Revolution

Jimenez out, Zaha in for free...Nice to get a good, instant return on a differential (and Im usually averse to bringing in differentials!)

8. XabiAlonso

Smooth: captained mane
            Rough: transfers did nothing brought in pogba and Wilson for son and jiminez.
            Small red arrow with 60 points to 5.2k

9. korbendallas82

Dalot was a poor transfer. But with Mane and trent, against Salah, van dijk and Robertson, i won my mini League with around 20 points.

10. 5os

Son + Duffy -> Redmond and TAA (-4) went well. Not much of a change in rank with points 70 (-4) though.

11. Ginkapo FPL

Smoooth: Last minute swopped Hazard on to my bench in favour of Lacazette due to news.
            Rough: Babel, Lacazette and Hazard were benched to join my Shaw woes. Still won my mini league though thanks to Wilfred Zaha and Trent Alexander Arnold.

12. Licky

Townsend, Ritchie, TAA and Auba all got it done but I captained Salah and Laca didn't play, Moura disappeared again. Outside of the top 100k again after what looked like a promising few weeks earlier this year.

13. donlobatto

Pretty solidly rough

42 post baps

Salah cap fail. All differentials blanked (JWP, Mili, Babel, Wilson). Dropped from 36k OR out of top 50k and out of the money in my cash ML

Oh yeh and Liverpool didn’t upset MCI’s title

Lol. Oh well. We go again

14. Gobigorgohome

Not selling Doherty for Laporte -4 won me my mini league.. because I forced to played Pereira and won mini league by 3 points( baps of Pereira basically)

If i took that hit... i would lose by 2 points

1. Becks

Shows how hits rarely pays off. Congrats

1. Gobigorgohome

Exactly

15. Becks

Smooth: Brought in Redmond for Son. Ml rival had TC left, so needed a differential captain. Captained Trent and also own VVD. Oh, Etheridge unexpected haul very smooth.

Rough: brought in Wilson over Zaha, was a 50-50 call.

89 -4 if baps are final.

16. Fire Chief Moe

Smooth: Moved Son to Redmond
            Rough: Made up 700 places but just finished outside the top 1k.

17. Hazz

Smooth: Won ML

Rough: Salah (C) causes me to miss out on the Top 10k by less than 10 points for the second time in three seasons.

18. Tommytour

Won ML because someone put on here Salah benched, so I changed to Aguero lol minute before deadline.

19. Robe Wan

TC Mane

97 all out. Rough season. Good week

1. Jafalad

Nice finish! 🙂

20. pingissimus

Smooth

Transferring out Wilson for Rondon

Rough

Losing control of my account details to some bozo who kept posting about how the match at Selhurst was going to be low scoring and to avoid Palace attack

• Lord Tachanka

Rough
              Double Palace Defence

Smooth
              One was PVA!

• Reedy

Rough: I triple captained Sergio Rico and he let in three goals and scored no points.
              Smooth: n/a.

1. Reedy

*four goals. I obviously lost count

2. Numb

Lock post, no one is going to top this.

Post a link to your team otherwise no one who doesn’t know how crazy you are will believe it 😉

1. Reedy

Team is linked 🙂

1. Wild Rover

😀 Legend

• FPL Pillars

Rough: took captaincy off Mane after transferring in Salah (c) for Hazard and transferred in Fraser who did nothing. Smooth: Still got a green arrow from 104 to 93 to finish in top 100 🙂

1. GoonSquad

Nice work

2. Jafalad

Excellent season - congratulations. Getting inside the top 50k is hard enough but you have have finished in the top 100 out of 6 million plus players.

• pjomara

•Did one transfer, Jota-> Redmond which worked out.
              •Mane (c)
              •Won all my MLs worth 500 quid.
              •Won my (adopted) country league.
              •Finished in top 10k after being at 40k a few GWs ago.

1. pjomara

Rough: Transferring in Pogba for games against Hudd and Car netted 3 points

• TheCardinal

Smooth: Son to D Silva
              Smoother: won my ML by the exact amount of points :10
              Smoothest: First top 10k finish!

• Sun Jihai

Smooth: managed to hold on and win my work ML
              Rough: 15 red arrows in the 18 GWs of calendar 2019 was just awful

• GoonSquad

Smooth...moved out Haz for Mane and capped last minute.

Poor..missed getting Shaw out and Wilson for Lascelles and Zaha. Not sure I could have pulled the trigger though.

Saved free hit though and got 85 with it.

Bad season overall as I lost interest around GW 26 as Arsenal sucked the life out of my season.

• the Penman

68, green arrow, winning the two money mini leagues I’m in. So, happy.

Nice to end the season as I started it - Mane Captain, Robbo clean sheet, Man City defense’s attacking returns (Mendy then, Laporte now) and my GW37-38 punt of PvA paid off this week!

• Good Kompany

Missed out on Wilson with his price rise so went for Rondon instead... capped Salah instead of Mane but won my mini league anyway and finished inside the top 15k overall in my first season setting a healthy target for the next

• Super Saints

Rough

Outscored by every ML rival, 5k drop in rank and out of the top 10k with no hits taken!

Ederson
                TAA Robbo Luiz
                Salah Sterling Pogba Miliv Jwp
                Wilson Jimenez

• Dakes.

17pts worse off by doing Hazard to Salah(c) for hit rather than captaining Mane. Should still make top5k at least though

• Forza

Rough - Wilson (c) in for -4, especially when I'd have captained Deulofeu if I didn't get Wilson.
                Smooth - clung onto the top 1k with a final rank of 960 🙂

• Jafalad

Smooth: 68 points. Took Son out for Mane who I captained. TAA 15 points. In ten years, second best score of 2302 points just 5 points off my best in the "Suarez" season.

Interesting to see how that score would get you in the top 500 eight to ten years ago but now it's barely good enough to get you in the top 50k.

Rough: 45 points from Mane and TAA but the rest all failed including Pogba who I also brought in for a -4.

40 transfers over the season but a team value of 103k. Is TV really connected to rank?

• TRASH BOAT

Meh 60 with a hit, meh 21k finish and failed to get 11 straight greens but enough for ML win. Sane/KDB in first Man C DGW probably cost me 10k rank.

• Baines on Toast...

Smooth 78 despite Sterling (c). Auba helped. And I finally got some of Pereira’s points!

• Brimble82

Rough; Lloris, Valery, Bilva, JWP, Jota, Salah (C) all blanked.
                  Single returns from Sterling, Kun & Arnie.
                  Dropped 50k

Smooth; TAA saved the day again.
                  Just about held on to top 300k!!!

Loved this season, but it certainly wasn’t the most successful season for me!

Thanks to the FFS community for making it so awesome!
                  Bring on 19/20

• Sessegnon Blanc

If I’d captained Mane (instead of Redmond) I would have won my ML. Had a great GW (82) with unexpected Etheridge points and Pereira clean sheet & bonus. Beat my husband though, which was my ultimate aim! First season playing and learnt so much thanks to discovering this site.

• Vatroslav

Ended the season just like I started it - recklessly.

Rough:
                  - Took an accidental -4 hit for a player I had to bench (JWP)
                  - Tried to go differential with Pogba (C) last minute switch from Mane

Smooth:
                  -Bought Rondon

Anyways, glad this season is over.

• Collie01

Smooth - TAA and Mane, Erik and Laporte goals, (K)un could have been better but wasn't a blank at least.

Rough - Getting Fraser rather than Redmond or Delu for Son. JWP and Valery blanks vs Hudd. Digne and Foster blanks. Had considered getting Auba for Jimenez and playing him instead of Digne.

• asquishypotato

Lost my mine league due to Cardiff double up of Etheridge and Peltier on a bench boost!

Smooth at least was Son and Lacazette our for Sterling and Perez. Captained mane, Trent and Robertson did a treat!

• radawson

Won my biggest cash mini league to ONE point! One more Foster save would have ruined it all, ridiculous how close it was after an entire season.

• Mo Mané Mo Problems

Rough: Robbo and Haz to Salah and Valery. Was set to do Jim to Zaha and captaining Mane, until the Robbo “injury” Tuesday night. Priced out. Rest history. 27 points lost.

Smooth: End of season. End of career. Back into retirement, for good this time. Feels like a weight taken off my shoulders. So happy.

• Stan Hope

Just to say thank you to Fantasy football scout. Last season (my first in fpl) I didn't make the top million, this season I'm in the top 10k, not bad for £12.50!

Good work on all the podcasts and articles, and the projections in the members area are great, look forward to seeing you again next season!

• Feyzi

Nothing smooth whatsoever... Leading my ML with 38 points my TC Salah failed against my rival's TC Mane and I lost by 7 points... Even a VVD TC would have allowed me the title.. Alas..

• -Red Wasabi-

Took a -4 hit to get Aguero (TC), Pogba and Trent and won the mini league by 2 points against my ML rival who was 16pts ahead of me going in to this gw.

• dicky2014

Transfer was Son OUT Redmond IN.

Rough – Hazard on bench, having Robertson instead of TAA, Pogba was a dreadful buy a few weeks ago.

Smooth – Kun (c), Mane 2 goals, Redmond goal, Laporte goal.

60 points to close the season out and finished 9,610. Very happy.

• PEP_TALK

My last transfers of the season are my big smooth and tiny rough story, Geoff.

Going into the last GW I was holding Yoshida, Kola, Son and Firmino ... who were all injured or doubtful. Plus 3 Wolves players. I decided Son and Firmino had to go and maybe Kola.

I asked the community several times in the days leading up to the transfer deadline if I should sign Van Dijk, Redmond, Auba for a -4 over going Salah & Long for free.

All week popular option was Salah and Long for free but I still wasn't sure.
                  On Sunday I posted the question one more time on your hot topic "WHAT ARE YOUR LAST MINUTE TRANSFER DECISIONS?" and again all the Salah & Long responses came flooding in.

Then one member of the community, JIA YOU JIA YOU said this "The hit looks worth it just about, Auba is the one player I don't own that I feel could go nuts today!" ... and that was it for me, I realised in that moment I felt the same and took the hit and even captained Aubameyang instead of Sterling. (this is my smooth)

86 points in GW38, GW rank of 119k, finishing with an overall rank of 3,612th. 🙂

My only regret (my rough) is because I was unsure and wanted to leave my final transfers of the season as late as possible I got priced out of getting Redmond on Saturday and had to settle for JWP.

• shirtless

Smooth; Justified in holding Eriksen and not bringing in Pogba last week. My two new recruits Laporte and Redmond returned who I got in for Duffy and Son. Mane, Robbo, Aguero, Salah next highest on 3.

Rough; Just outside top 20k. I feel Salah(c) cost me. Should’ve stayed on original pick Aguero.

Small green arrow up to finishing OR of 21,569. Improvement on last year’s 25k where I dropped from 17k on GW38.

• Essrick

Smooth - Hazard and Son out for a hit to Salah and Redmond was shrewd

Rough - Bringing in Salah meant I captained him instead of Mane which meant I lost my ML by 7 points. If Trent's cross dipped earlier and Salah got his head to it I would have won!

• Manani

anyone have links to the FFS staff team?

specifically want to see Mark's

1. Jimmers

Looks like he could be pipped

1. FPL DONKEY

Looks like he got screwed by owning Doherty - Jota - Jimenez - Duffy - Vert - Son - Firmino - Calvert-Lewin in the final GW

• Nomar

Salah v Mane is going to be a key decision next season

1. Gudjohnsen

Price will be alot different than this season.

1. Manani

probably more similar price, making it a even harder choice between the two

1. Nomar

Thats my point.

They will almost be similarly priced, but no guarantee they will both score similar amount of goals

2. Dannyb

Both

1. Hazz

Then you can only have 1 Liverpool defender

• Dannyb

Can we pick our teams for next season yet? Haha

1. The Pesci challenge

Not for another 2 months

• borat

guys how do you all get under 10k OR. I have been trying for the past 5 seasons but end up outside. This year also will finish near 29k. Any tips for the next season.

1. Epic Fail ⚽ 墅

Mainly luck.

1. Colonel Shoe 肝池

This

2. Critical Observer

Not much in it between 10k - 29k tbh.

3. Hazz

Ye secret eludes me too. Been playing 3 seasons. Finished 10.5k in 1st; 37k in 2nd & 12k in 3rd.

Frustrating as all I needed was a correct captain choice today!

4. Manani

if you follow the crowd here, you will likely get top 50k or better anyway. To get from 50k to 10k is just luck mostly IMO

1. LǝgleSs e|even

the crowd? blimey

5. diesel001

Follow Mark's transfers

1. borat

can i give my login and password to mark next year to make transfers

1. diesel001

There is a topic on the Reddit FPL forum that calculates Mark's transfers as he does them.

Start with the FFS template team and then WC GW3 to the template. Then just follow Mark.

6. tricpic

Trying too hard

7. TheDragon

If you get the top 10k template, captain top of captain poll each week and make sure you focus on growing team value in first 10 weeks you’ll give top 10k a good run but it’s not a fun way to play

8. Granville

You can follow here and get top 30k but need lots of good luck to get top 10k. Captaincy is the key

9. Flapjack ✅

Copy me next year if you like buddy 😉

1. borat

thanks buddy

10. Sun Jihai

There are 6.3m players this season vs. 3.2m players 5 years ago
                  So top 10k 5 years ago is effectively similar to top 20k today
                  In any case 29k is in the top 0.5% of the game's players so still an outstanding result

1. Ram sey Coq uel in

About 2 million play for one week only , just to get their name in lights for a week

11. Magic Zico

I felt captaincy is high contributor to rank, stating the obvious but really that’s where I try to improve next year. Duffy GW34 is an example 🙂

• Hazz

Jonjo Shelvey confirms in his post match interview that Mike Ashley had offered the players a trip to Las Vegas if they stayed up. He was at the match today and told them it was cancelled. Classic Mike Ashley. #NUFC

1. Licky

LOL

2. Epic Fail ⚽ 墅

Harsh. How on earth will those millionaires be able to afford a holiday now.

1. Hazz

Don't think that's necessarily the point...

1. Epic Fail ⚽ 墅

No, but it's my point.

1. Colonel Shoe 肝池

😆

2. Granville

It's the only point that counts.

3. Brosstan

Poor millionaires

4. Do I Not Like Orange

Magic Mike

• RN - Laca 1-1 Liverpool 03/…

Lacazette made the difference in the title race 🙂

• MeatPieSausageRoll

Fair play to City. You were better than us over the course of 38 games - we’ll be back next season 😎

1. Colonel Shoe 肝池

Shame tho... So close.... Such a good season

1. MeatPieSausageRoll

Not that close tbf bro - 32 points in the end

1. Mysterion

"Im utd" 😛

2. Colonel Shoe 肝池

Ha thought you were talking about Liverpool..... Yeh utd were gash this season 😉

2. MeatPieSausageRoll

Hopefully with replacements for Young, Sanchez, etc.

• RN - Laca 1-1 Liverpool 03/…

you've been saying this since 1990

1. MeatPieSausageRoll

Eh?

2. Waylander

FFS Troll account of the season goes to you sir.

• Mikeharbrw

Not sure how Auba ends up the top scoring forward

1. Hazz

He scored the joint most goals

2. Colonel Shoe 肝池

I always owned him at the wrong times

1. Licky

He's been good to me, not many have though... 🙁

3. Brosstan

If Emery actually played him every game it wouldnt have even been close.

• Baked baines

Annoyingly finished 324 places outside the top 5k.
                        On to next year now!

• Fire Chief Moe

No bonus for 3 assist Zaha?

1. Epic Fail ⚽ 墅

2. Colonel Shoe 肝池

🙁 so annoying

3. The Pesci challenge

I know it’s an injustice

• SHOWSTOPPERRR

2315..my overall rank will be?????

1. Numb

Not great

• tricpic

Fair play to Adam Levy who was so far ahead the last day didn’t really matter.

• GOTHAM City F.C.

Need a post on final bonus

1. Numb

Just have to wait for it to be confirmed by FPL

1. Epic Fail ⚽ 墅

Wait? WAIT?

1. Numb

I’m sorry

2. GOTHAM City F.C.

Don't spend your winnings yet.

• Lukakuna

Looks like I've finished 9969! Nervy end to the season, thanks for all the help in here

1. Hazz

Wish I could swap lol

2. Colonel Shoe 肝池

Boohoo such a hard life for you elitists

3. loserpool

where can i look at the live ranking? and congrats!

1. ted mcsheenery

You, Sir, are an absolute star! Thank you so much Raga for your tremendous work!

• Bielsa's Binoculars

Are the final bonus confirmed?

1. Numb

2. Cassius Clay

3. Epic Fail ⚽ 墅

maybe

4. Gobigorgohome

Looks like it

• Annie

Won ML, 13k OR incredibly frustrating though.

1. Epic Fail ⚽ 墅

Frustrating why? Wanted top 10k?

1. Annie

No, wanted first

1. Epic Fail ⚽ 墅

So close. Unlucky. 🙁

1. Annie

• Numb

Looks like FPL are reviewing “a couple of assists”

1. Brosstan

Hopefully Trent's first is one of them.

1. Numb

Bound to be I think, and maybe Palace's first goal

2. Manani

please no, that may drop me out of top 10k

3. Colonel Shoe 肝池

Hope they remove it 👿

2. Cassius Clay

hahaha which ones:)

1. Numb

See above (guessing)

3. GOTHAM City F.C.

Might review some goals too while at it.

4. Gobigorgohome

Wait what

1. Numb

Hence the delay in baps being added, maybe

1. Gobigorgohome

Now added.. so case closed

5. Cassius Clay

hope Its done now...

• Bielsa's Binoculars

So me and my rival are joint on points at the end of the season and both have taken 48 transfers this season.

What does it go down to next?

1. GOTHAM City F.C.

Alphabetical

2. Ragabolly

It doesn't, you are tied

• Flapjack ✅

BAPS added.

So it must all be locked in ?

• Christina.

Mark drops out of top 1k...

1. Wild Rover

Daniel distraught

• Yank Revolution

Baps added

• Gobigorgohome

Baps added.. it is final now

• Flynny

Next season will have the following core players in my opening week 15

Ederson
                        At least 1 of robbo and TAA
                        Digne
                        Sterling or kun
                        Mane or salah
                        And a lot of fillers.

1. Christina.

Laporte won me my ML the last 4 or 5 weeks ago and he is Only 24 yrs old. Could not believe it.

• Firminoooo

72 points and 546 OR. My best finish in FPL.

1. Limited & Mediocre Mana…

Congrats 🙂

• SM001

I thought the Top Scorer would go to the player who played the least games in case of a tie?

1. EMBOLOFAN

that would be weird

2. aleksios

What a season around 1100th! Best so far!

3. It’s gonna Ben Mee

Redmond(c) turned out ok

4. Pontus Jansson's Magic…

Not owning TAA and Laporte at all this year has killed me.

Definitely going heavy in defence next year, most likely Robbo and Trent double up alongside Laporte.

1. Dakes.

Luckily owned Laporte since WC but no TAA ever for me. Will start with those 3 at the back, aye. Doherty too if fixtures good

5. Hazz

Drop TAA after GW33:

GW34: 8
                          GW35: 11
                          GW36: 10
                          GW37: 10
                          GW38: 15

I mean I had Laporte, and Mané instead. But if only I had dropped Robbo instead!