Hefty price hikes for Andrew Robertson (£7.0m) and Trent Alexander-Arnold (£7.0m) will force Fantasy Premier League managers into some tough decisions ahead of 2019/20.
The fact that they will cost the same for the new campaign makes choosing between the two full-backs harder than we expected – and the fact they are £7.0m means that owning both is even less of a realistic prospect.
Had Alexander-Arnold come in at £6.5m, it might have skewed the ownership figures in his favour at the expense of Robertson, so we have further proof that the game-makers at FPL enjoy seeing us squirm.
With Virgil van Dijk (£6.5m) the initial undercut asset and Joe Gomez, Joel Matip and Dejan Lovren priced at £5.5m, it means that there is actually still a range of choices for Fantasy managers to choose from when picking their Liverpool defender(s).
In this Members article, we assess both the defensive and offensive statistics for the key Liverpool stoppers ahead of the new season.
As this analysis uses Opta data, only those who have signed up to Fantasy Football Scout Membership for 2019/20 read on.
Is Liverpool’s defence worth the investment?
Become a Member and access our data
Memberships for the 2019/20 campaign are now available for the price of £17.50.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.