There are two Premier League matches kicking off at 14:00 BST today.
Arsenal head north to take on Newcastle United at St. James’ Park, while Leicester City and Wolverhampton Wanderers meet at the King Power Stadium.
The headline team news from Tyneside is that Alexandre Lacazette (£9.5m) – who had been a doubt for this game with an ankle knock – is only a substitute, with Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (£11.0m) leading the line for the Gunners.
David Luiz (£6.0m), Nicolas Pepe (£9.5m) and Dani Ceballos (£5.5m) also have to make do with a place on the bench.
Youngsters Reiss Nelson (£5.5m) and Joe Willock (£5.0m) start behind Aubameyang.
Joelinton (£6.0m) makes his competitive Newcastle debut and will be joined by an out-of-position Miguel Almiron (£6.0m) in
Matt Ritchie (£5.5m) has recovered from injury and will line up on the left flank.
There are no major shocks at Leicester, with Ayoze Perez (£6.5m) making Brendan Rodgers’ starting XI as expected.
Perez joins Jamie Vardy (£9.0m) and James Maddison (£7.0m) in the Foxes’ line-up but Marc Albrighton (£5.5m) drops to the bench as Wilfred Ndidi (£5.0m) is brought in to bolster central midfield.
Wolves are at full strength, with Raul Jimenez (£7.5m) and Diogo Jota (£6.5m) again paired together in a two-pronged attack.
Jimenez and Matt Doherty (£6.0m) both returned from injury lay-offs in the Europa League on Thursday night and the Irish wing-back also makes Nuno Espirito Santo’s first starting XI of the 2019/20 campaign.
Newcastle United XI: Dubravka, Schär, Lascelles, Dummett, Manquillo, Shelvey, Hayden, Longstaff, Ritchie, Almirón, Joelinton.
Arsenal XI: Leno, Maitland-Niles, Chambers, Sokratis, Monreal, Guendouzi, Xhaka, Mkhitaryan, Willock, Nelson, Aubameyang.
Leicester City XI: Schmeichel, Ricardo, Söyüncü, Evans, Chilwell, Ndidi, Choudhury, Tielemans, Maddison, Pérez, Vardy.
Wolves XI: Patricio, Coady, Bennett, Boly, Doherty, Dendoncker, Moutinho, Neves, Jonny, Jota, Jimenez.
Become a Member and access our data
Full-year memberships are now available for the price of £17.50, which will give subscribers access to the end of 2019/20 and the whole of 2020/21. Monthly subscriptions also cost just £2.99.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.
Lessons learned from Gameweek 1
- Liverpool 4-1 Norwich
- West Ham United 0-5 Manchester City
- Bournemouth 1-1 Sheffield United
- Burnley 3-0 Southampton
- Crystal Palace 0-0 Everton
- Watford 0-3 Brighton and Hove Albion
- Tottenham Hotspur 3-1 Aston Villa
- Leicester City 0-0 Wolverhampton Wanderers
- Newcastle United 0-1 Arsenal
- Manchester United 4-0 Chelsea