Sergio Aguero (£12.0m) starts for the second match in a row this season as Manchester City visit Bournemouth on Sunday afternoon.
His 15.6% ownership will be breathing a sigh of relief that the forward has come through another bout of ‘Pep Guardiola Roulette’ but can probably expect more game-time from him this weekend and next.
That is because Gabriel Jesus (£9.5m) has been ruled out with a hamstring injury picked up in training and is not expected to be fully fit again until after the international break.
Accordingly, there is no substitute centre-forward on Manchester City’s bench today, which may mean Aguero completes 90 minutes for the first time this season, having been substituted around the 70-minute mark in each of his two starts so far.
90 minutes is not necessarily guaranteed though, as Riyad Mahrez (£8.5m) could replace Aguero and Raheem Sterling (£12.2m) could shift into the middle.
Either way, Jesus’ absence for Gameweek 4 should see Aguero get another start when Brighton come to the Etihad Stadium next Saturday, provided he comes through the trip to Bournemouth unscathed.
As already mentioned, Sterling also starts in Gameweek 3, as do the other key FPL assets.
Kevin de Bruyne (£9.6m) is, as per usual, deployed in the central midfield trio, while Oleksandr Zinchenko (£5.5m) holds onto his place at left-back.
Meanwhile, there is still no place on the bench for Benjamin Mendy (£6.0m).
Bournemouth have gone with a very defensive formation, laying themselves out in a 4-5-1 system.
Callum Wilson (£7.9m) will plough a lone furrow up
Expected to be behind the ball for most of the day is a back-four of Charlie Daniels (£4.5m), Steve Cook (£5.0m), Chris Mepham (£4.5m) and Adam Smith (£4.5m).
Probably joining them in a defensive stance this afternoon will be the central midfield trio of Philip Billing (£5.0m), Jefferson Lerma (£5.0m) and versatile stopper Nathan Aké (£5.0m).
Bournemouth XI: Ramsdale; Daniels, S Cook, Mepham, A Smith; Fraser, Billing, Aké, Lerma, J King; C Wilson.
Manchester City XI: Ederson; Zinchenko, Laporte, Otamendi, Walker; De Bruyne, D Silva, Gündogan; Sterling, Aguero, B Silva.
Become a Member and access our data
Memberships for the 2019/20 campaign are now available for the price of £17.50.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.