Podcast

Meet the Manager #17 – Always Cheating’s Josh Landon

Last season’s finish of 1,224 was Josh Landon’s third within the top 5,000 during his nine-year Fantasy Premier League career.

But the Always Cheating podcast co-host’s campaigns haven’t always looked so easy.

In Joe’s latest Meet the Manager interview he finds out Josh’s strategies for success and how he has learned from his mistakes.

The demons of what he calls “that Yaya Toure and Aaron Ramsey season” loom large in his thinking years on. This has helped him snap up emerging bandwagons quickly, and especially before they become the template.

Other ghosts from the past such as Watford striker Odion Ighalo are also revealed during Josh and Joe’s chat about how psychology affects Fantasy managers’ decisions.

As listeners to Josh’s podcast will know, the eye test is crucial to his decision making. After all, the best manager to trust is often ourselves, as Josh describes how he navigates his way through the noise of FPL content, most notably on social media.

Latest football trends, which defenders to select and the ability to spot when a Fantasy game is “throwing a bone” are also explored in detail during this latest episode of a series that began last season to focus on the thoughts of managers with a stellar track record of success.

The chat with Josh is available to view on Youtube here and in the embedded video below.

It is also available on Soundcloud and through other notable podcast outlets. Embedded versions of these are also available below.

All 15 previous episodes can be viewed via our Youtube channel or heard via our Soundcloud channel.

Become a Member and access our data

Memberships for the 2019/20 campaign are now available for the price of £17.50.

Posted by

1. RichardNixon
    12 days, 12 hours ago

No love for Spurs defence on here?

There's not much out there at 5.5 that catches my eye. I have 3 City attackers so can't do any of their defenders, Matip rotation risk and I have Adrian, Chelsea and Man Utd a no go zone, and I own Digne so no more Everton. So this brings me to Spurs. They haven't been great and have conceded twice at home to poor sides but given their fixtures over the next five weeks I'm getting tempted. Discuss:

1. MC Hammer
      12 days, 12 hours ago

I got burned by KWP, so not until I see some improvement

2. EMBOLOFAN

which ones are nailed?

1. EMBOLOFAN

3x city attack is a mistake and matip “rotation risk” is a misnomer

1. RichardNixon
          12 days, 12 hours ago

It wasn't last week when I captained Aguero and was the only one in my two mini leagues who owned him. Sitting top of both thanks to that. Pretty sure my rivals are shytting bricks with Kun against an open and injury hit Norwich defence

1. EMBOLOFAN
            12 days, 11 hours ago

my bad i forgot city will score 3 every week with your specific players being involved in each goal

1. RichardNixon
              12 days, 11 hours ago

I think we will just have to agree to disagree. A side who scores 100 goals per year, and has already got 14 this season, and has got back their best player after a year out injured (imo) who is bossing it in midfield, against brighton, norwich, and watford in a row is a dream fixture schedule for attacking returns, especially when their forward is an FPL legend who will break the record for most premier league hat tricks next time he gets one

2. RichardNixon
          12 days, 12 hours ago

There's a rotation risk with Matip. They have three important games in eight days. In his favour is that he hasn't played internationals so could play all three but can't be certain. After Newcastle is Chelsea away in which i think they will concede so no rush to get him.

1. EMBOLOFAN
            12 days, 11 hours ago

even if hes occasionally rotated he wont be subbed on

2. RichardNixon
        12 days, 11 hours ago

Was thinking Alderweireld or Rose but can't be certain with either. It is a dilemma. Not overly convinced but I want to get a defender in and in the 5.5 bracket its Spurs I'm leaning toward. Other option is Lowton and Pieters which I may end up doing instead.

3. avfc82
      12 days, 12 hours ago

I'd like to see more from Spurs before investing, they're not quite clicking at the moment.

1. RichardNixon
        12 days, 11 hours ago

Agreed. They will improve but it may take some time

4. the vanisher
      12 days, 12 hours ago

having similar thoughts, good fixtures, considering KwP (if fit) or Sanchez/Toby although I dont expect much from an attacking perspective

1. RichardNixon
        12 days, 11 hours ago

Yep, I would be aiming for say three clean sheets over the next five GWs

5. Giggs Boson.
      12 days, 12 hours ago

Whenever there's not many good options at a particular price point, I prefer to restructure rather settle for a player I'm not completely happy with.

1. RichardNixon
        12 days, 11 hours ago

Yeah, its a bit like that but there isn't anyone that I want or can afford (ie TAA). Happy with the rest of my team for the time being. Overall there aren't too many defenders I'm keen to get at the moment. That will change throughout the season. Might go with Lowton instead

2. Chelsea91

Pope
      Lund,Matip,Zinc,Kelly
      Salah,Sterling,Mane,Kdb
      Barnes,Pukki

Button Cantwell Greenwod Rico

Good to go ? Any suggestion?

1. avfc82
        12 days, 12 hours ago

That midfield is class, but it sure stretches the squad.

Lundstram and Cantwell are perfect cheap enablers, but Kelly, Rico, Greenwood too - you'll likely have three non playing subs some weeks (not ideal with Matip, Zinchenko etc), so I'd try and address that, not necessarily this week, but going forward.

1. Chelsea91
            12 days, 12 hours ago

Yeap planning to downgrade Pukki to Ayew and use the cash to upgrade elsewhere

2. pingissimus
          12 days, 11 hours ago

It’s a ten man team with Kelly there prolly. But that leaves you with Cantwell coming in to save the day - or not.

Zinc - is this the week for Cancelo and or Mendy? Seems quite possible

Could work I suppose this week but not sure I’d want Lund week in week out.

1. Chelsea91
              12 days, 11 hours ago

I think Zinc will play and Lund is a must start.

3. K_UN_DE_BRU_YNE

Next GW:
          VVD(Che) + KWP(lei) > Digne(SHU) + otamendi (WAT) for -4 ??

1. EMBOLOFAN

1. K_UN_DE_BRU_YNE

AB

2. Drop the Dendoncker

Ab

5. Felix Navidad
          12 days, 12 hours ago

I don’t know what to do with this lot:
          Button - Pope
          Rico - Montoya - TAA - Digne - AWB
          Salah - Sterling - KDB - Dendoncker - Trossard
          Greenwood - Pukki - Haller

The team felt ok until I found out abou AWB and Trossards injury. Thing is though, it feels template and I don’t know what to do, been tinkering with a WC but since I’m afraid to loose Salah, Sterling, KDB, Digne, TAA and Pukki the team looks almost the same.
          Who do you think is essential of
          A Salah
          B Sterling
          C KDB
          D Digne
          E TAA
          F Pukki

1. Drop the Dendoncker

12 days, 12 hours ago

Honestly, they kinda all are. I don't touch any of those 6.

It's the rest that you can change around. I was lucky enough to start with 5 of them.

3. MC Hammer
            12 days, 12 hours ago

I would keep all 6 of those.
            Just Tossard, AWB and Rico need shifting

6. New Community Article
          Rotation's Alter Ego

New Community Article has been posted

Bowstring has had a look at the new (old) Watford manager and the tactics he's previously employed.

7. Bubz
          12 days, 12 hours ago

Whats the current status on Martial? Have been logged out of all news etc over the IB and only just logged on to find him still orange flagged...

1. grumpyman
            12 days, 12 hours ago

He'll be flagged until the news conference.

1. Bubz
              12 days, 12 hours ago

Has there been rumours hes fit?

8. When is an early transfer to avoid losing value justified?
          RedLightning
          12 days, 12 hours ago

I was waiting till after this evening's England match before making my intended transfer of Laporte to TAA, and have lost 0.2m in the last two days as a result.

That doesn't make this week's transfers unaffordable, but might possibly leave me a little short in the future.
          So was this a poor decision?

Should I have made the transfer earlier, taking the risk that TAA might get injured tonight, but considering that he probably won't and that I have 3 decent subs on my bench (Cantwell, Lundstram and Dendoncker)?

1. SADIO SANÉ
            12 days, 12 hours ago

depends if you have FH/WC/a good bench - I've been making early -4s this season because I have those things to fall back on if it goes tits up

1. RedLightning
              12 days, 11 hours ago

I played my Wildcard in GW3, but I do have a good bench.

2. Drop the Dendoncker
            12 days, 12 hours ago

I like to trade early for the thrills (and pray no spills).

12 days, 12 hours ago

I generally make transfers to avoid price drops if I'm sure on the transfer. Players aren't supposed to get injured. That move is super obvious and I think it was worth doing early to avoid the price drops with the only risk being a TAA injury tonight which is unlikely.

4. Markus
            12 days, 11 hours ago

Yes, 0.2m TV is worth about 3.6 future points at this stage, that would have been worth a risk imo

1. pingissimus

This is a great point

From community article I seem to remember that the pay off decreases as the season goes on

1. Markus
                12 days, 11 hours ago

Yes, value is about 9 points per 0.5m over 38 games, so TV importance diminishes as it goes on

1. Christina.
                  12 days, 11 hours ago

jesus you guys are taking things over the top.

2. Futbol Heritage
                  12 days, 3 hours ago

Very interested in understanding how you are assigning a point value to team value. Sounds very interesting and useful

2. Olivier Bernards watch
              12 days, 11 hours ago

You don't happen to know where I could find an explanation of this way of calculating the points value of TV do you?

1. A Fat Spanish Waiter
                12 days, 10 hours ago

I submitted a community article last night that shows exactly how to calculate this. Hopefully its up soon. Markus is right 1.0m is worth 18-22 (I calculated 20, but its somewhat imprecise) over the 38 week season.

1. Futbol Heritage
                  12 days, 3 hours ago

Very interested in this article.

2. Olivier Bernards watch
                  11 days, 14 hours ago

awesome, thanks! looking forward to reading it

5. Slouch87
            12 days, 11 hours ago

It's the sensible way to go. If TAA gets injured tonight you will have no regret whatsoever. Plenty get burnt by making early transfers.

6. avfc82
            12 days, 11 hours ago

No I think its sensible, its the way I've always played the game and it hasn't done me any harm.

12 days, 11 hours ago

But that's the wrong way of looking at it. You don't see missed team value. That stuff adds up.

I saw a team recently that costs 1.3m more than I can afford! That's a huge swing and this is just 4 weeks in. Imagine the difference later on in the season. I've been fairly vigilant as well in making transfers before price drops/rises and my TV sits at 101.1. Imagine if I had waited until Friday each week. I'd be so far behind in value. This is stuff that you don't see the benefit of directly but it will add up and define a season more than you realize.

1. Markus
                12 days, 11 hours ago

You can play either way, I play aggressive at the start (early transfers, hits to avoid loss), then wait til pressers midway into season even if I lose value as TV less valuable cumulatively then. I have TV of 102 and SV of 100.7 which means I can get an otamendi over a dunk or mount over Ceballos so feels useful at this stage...

2. avfc82
                12 days, 11 hours ago

I wouldn't say its ever defined one of my seasons, and this is my eleventh, but it's an interesting point, and whilst I can completely see why many make early transfers at this stage of the season, it doesn't work for me.

If I had to decide on my moves on for example, a Sunday, the majority of the time they'd be completely different to what I'd do on a Friday, once midweek matches are done and dusted and I've digested all of the team news.

The latter way of playing has served me well, I trust my decision making more later in the week, even if I lose a bit of team value along the way.

3. Irbox ⚽
                12 days, 10 hours ago

Look at the blokes season history.. I think he knows what he is doing, especially over people chasing 0.1 or 0.2

12 days, 10 hours ago

Fair enough. As with everything, there is balance. I don't think waiting until Saturday morning every week is correct. And certainly making a transfer immediately after the week is done to catch a big bandwagon before the rest of the games have even finished is also not correct.

I'm a big fan of team value, and my best seasons have always been ones where I've had very high team value which came from moving early on bandwagons and clutching those 0.1ms early on. I've been burned before by bringing in a player who proceeded to get injured. I've also had the pain of waiting too long to decide on my plans and then when I decided on a direction, realized I was 0.1m short and I could've afforded it if I had moved sooner.

There's a balance to be sure.

1. avfc82
                    12 days, 10 hours ago

Agree with this, and there isn't one right and wrong way, it's just whatever works for you.

2. KujaliaFC
                    12 days, 9 hours ago

Making your transfers not a wildcard before a round of international or european matches is risky though.

It depends on your risk tolerance, and I'm dubious that building team value is the most important thing.

I suspect that people with good TV usually identify the value players before they hit form rather than by timing their piling on to bandwagons.

I definitely would not take hits to build TV.

7. The Overthinker
            12 days, 11 hours ago

Early transfer would have got you Taa over laporte who probably won't play this year again

1. RedLightning
              12 days, 11 hours ago

I'm still getting TAA for Laporte this week (unless TAA gets injured tonight), but I might find myself short by 0.1 or 0.2m in two or three weeks' time.

8. abreu
            12 days, 11 hours ago

I made that transfer one week ago as Laporte looked like he was on the brink of falling
            I tend to risk it this early in the season
            I believe it is worth it in the long run based on pure probability vs cost/value
            Say the player transferred in gets injured in 10% of the cases, it will cost 4 points/10 = 0.4 points in the long run which is worth the 10-20 price rises you could catch on those transfers
            IMO

9. RedLightning
            12 days, 11 hours ago

Thanks for your replies, everyone.
            The majority view appears to be that I should have made the transfer before the prices changed.
            I had been hoping that, although they were both close to the threshold, the price changes might not happen till this evening.

10. Twitter: @Ze_Austin
            12 days, 11 hours ago

My early transfers this season:

GW2: Robbo (7.0) + Locadia (5.5) => Zinch (5.5) + Pukki (6.5)
            GW3: Montoya (4.5) + Perez (6.5) + Wilson (8.0) => Kelly (4.0) + Mount (6.0) + Barnes (6.5)
            GW4: Trossard (6.0) + Gallagher (4.5) => Cantwell (4.6) + Haller (7.4)
            GW5: Martial (7.6) + Zinch (5.5) => KDB (9.7) + Otamendi (5.4)

GW5's moves have been my riskiest as I essentially lost an OOP striker + a sideways move to raise 0.1m + possible international break injuries, but I'm done being without KDB. TV at 102.5m. 0.0 ITB. WC intact. 75k OR

My point here is that someone at some point in the season will get injured after you transfer him early, but that's the more unlikely of events as most players... Ya know... Stay fit. The net gain from early moves early in the season far outweighs the -4 to fix an unexpected injury. Yes, it would hurt your ego and take an unwanted hit to fix, but that's really all there is to it. For me this season, the luxury of waiting for press conferences and taking price changes on the chin will come later in the season when transfers and prices are more settled and "casuals" have calmed down or logged out

1. Markus
              12 days, 11 hours ago

Impressive to have both rank and team value. Great moves.

2. Crisnel Ronessi
                12 days, 9 hours ago

Well played

3. Giggs Boson.
              12 days, 11 hours ago

As Mark said in his Meet the Manager, you need to have in mind what players you want to bring in over the coming weeks and make sure you have enough funds to do so.

If price drops or rises block me from getting any of my key targets, I make an early move.

For example, I did Jota->Barnes super early this week, before an international break, because I thought Barnes would be important over the next three games. I have 0.0m in the bank now, so it wouldn't have been possible otherwise.

4. KujaliaFC
              12 days, 11 hours ago

If waiting doesn't harm your chance of doing the transfer even after the price changes, I would wait. It's not only TAA who could get injured. Any of your playing internationals could be. That might alter what the best two transfers you can make are. Even though you lost TV, you did the right think. Actual points matter more than TV.

1. KujaliaFC

Thing, not think.

2. RedLightning
                12 days, 11 hours ago

I definitely wanted to replace Laporte, but there are a few (less good in my opinion) alternatives to TAA in the fairly unlikely event that he also gets injured.
                I have a good bench, so they should be capable of covering other players getting injured - unless it's a major player such as Sterling, in which case I might be tempted to take a hit.

5. Kopkloppers
              12 days, 10 hours ago

I have some views to offer:
              1) If losing value it does not affect your TV then wait. (Obvious but surprising how many do it.)
              2) If its someone you really want and they are going up in price then that is a .2 change so often take the chance.
              3) TV not Sale value is very important in the latter half of the season.I have done early transfers when the Int breaks and Europe is not in full swing. Now is not the case and many teams are playing 2 times a week; so be careful.
              4) A player that is seriously injured (Laporte being an example and is always ok for an early tfr if you only have fodder on the bench) It costs you 2 points and not 4 so go for it.
              5) With no 4 in mind many brought in Otamendi and there is talk of an injury. Bad luck but No 4 reasoning then goes out the window.
              6) If you have a good bench you can avoid making a tfr. However, there is a 1 in 3 chance it will go wrong so a premium player can go early for a premium player that is about to rise.

Just 6 thoughts to consider.

1. Twitter: @Ze_Austin

Otamendi is fine

1. Coach before the games: https://t.co/mGpqAFp9SY?amp=1 "Otamendi will only play against Chile The Manchester City defender, because of a personal motive, agreed with Scaloni to be taken into account only for the first of the friendlies."

2. News after the game: https://t.co/23yJW1k7op?amp=1 "As for Nicolas Otamendi and Giovani Lo Celso, the Manchester City man will travel back to England as was previously stipulated. Gio Lo Celso will miss out due to a knock he received in the first game."

6. A Fat Spanish Waiter
              12 days, 10 hours ago

My quick thoughts on this is as follows:

1) It’s perfectly fine to make an otherwise scheduled transfer early in the gameweek in order to beat the price changes.

2) its not a wise move to take hits to build team value.

3) Never let pending prices changes influence which players you bring in or move on. Instead add/sell players in a way that maximizes your points.

7. COK3Y5MURF
              12 days, 10 hours ago

It's what I would have done as well. Unless I'll be priced out of the move, I wait.

I don't think you having subs is the point here. If he gets injured, you'd have still wasted a transfer, meaning you need to use another one to replace him which is effectively 4 points lost.

You cannot predict how much or how less the 0.2 will affect you in the future. You don't always spend your whole team's budget. Often in the season, you'll have 0.2 or 0.3 to spare in the bank. I've generally not been one to prioritize team value, yet ended on 105+ TV last season. If you prioritize bringing in good players who get points, your TV builds automatically.

1. SADIO SANÉ
                12 days, 10 hours ago

the subs point isn't really based on the player you're bringing in (that would be super unlucky) but one of your other 10+ players getting injured and being able to bench them that week

8. shirtless
              12 days, 10 hours ago

It's not so much the risk of TAA getting injured, it's the risk of a Sterling/Kane/KdB or whoever getting crocked. Moving this player on if they had a bad one might be a more important move than Laporte if you had adequate bench cover for this particular game week.

I did an early the one the other week, a very rare Saturday eve transfer of Wilson>Pukki, and it had swung 0.3m in value by midweek.

1. KujaliaFC
                12 days, 9 hours ago

This is true. Most people would not countenance leaving 12m in the treatment room for a gameweek, and would take a hit. From this point of view, holding your transfer until you have more information is like taking out insurance even if you pay 0.2 in TV for it, which is the responsible course of action.

9. Make Arrows Green Again
              12 days, 10 hours ago

One thing to bear in mind is that TV in itself can be a bit of a trap.

If your team is worth 105m then you have an extra 2.5m to spend, and this is across many/all of your positions put together, not 'in the bank' ready to spend on a single player.

The only time you can really realise all of this value is on a WC and we as a community tend to wildcard late (second wildcard that is, the first one is too early to 'spend' much TV).

Also, if you have a season keeper of a player, particularly if you have lots of them, you might be very unwilling to sell them *because* you have lots of value tied up. If Pukki's stats start to slip in GW25, those who got him for 6.5 are going to find it a lot harder to get rid of him than those who got him at 7/7.5 etc.).

There is one more factor - if your team value starts shooting up early in the season, and you haven't taken too many hits to achieve this, it pretty much has to mean that you picked a good team and got off to a strong start. It's much easier to defend and build upon a strong start than to play catch-up. It's therefore very easy to see a high TV and assume that the TV is the cause of your success, but it's actually more of an unintended consequence.

For these reasons, for me, the risks of getting a player early far outweigh the benefits of gaining the odd 0.1-0.2m here and there. Sure, do it to avoid being priced out, but I wouldn't (anymore) do it for team value alone.

1. KujaliaFC
                12 days, 9 hours ago

Well said. I'd bet most of the top TVs are teams that had Pukki in GW1 against Liverpool.

I'd wager that the top TV started with Pukki and Barnes.

10. Hotdogs for Tea
              12 days, 8 hours ago

if I have a playing bench and no injuries I will go early with my transfer if I think there will be a price change.

If I have a few flags and my bench players have been benched by their clubs, then I will hold back.

11. L S P
              12 days, 7 hours ago

I'm in a similar place as a Laporte owner but I'm planning a downgrade, either to Ota or a 4.5, so i can upgrade a MID/FWD. In my case, I'm waiting, knowing I was going to lose .1 at some point but knowing it wouldn't price me out of any of the moves I'm considering for this or even next GW.

I would have done the same thing you did, esp in an IB. If it was a "normal" week, I probably would have made the early transfer if it meant ensuring I wasn't priced out of a move I was 100% locked on. And in general, I make late transfers rather than early ones.

1. RedLightning
                12 days, 6 hours ago

Yes, one of the main reasons for not making the transfer earlier was because it was an international break - I've been stung before by making early transfers during international breaks.
                We already knew that Laporte was going to be out for a long time and had to go, so the main questions were who to replace him with and whether or not to make an early transfer.

In previous seasons I sometimes regretted rushing my decisions in order to beat possible price changes, so I now think it's better to delay decisions and sleep on them first before committing to them.
                I did spend a week considering a number of different replacements for Laporte before deciding that TAA was my preferred option, and there was still time after this to make the transfer before the prices changed (England had already played their first match of the IB, but had one more to go).

I decided to wait till after this evening's match before making the transfer, but it was a bit of a shock this morning to discover that Laporte's price had dropped already, following TAA's price rise a day earlier, and I started to question whether I had done the right thing.

Waiting to make the transfer rather than making it early may turn out well or badly, but that won't prove whether the decision itself was a good or bad one. It has been interesting to read the various comments in this discussion, which have made some strong arguments for both alternatives and provided further food for thought.

12. Collie01
              12 days, 6 hours ago

I think injuries are a bit of an anomaly when it comes to hits/early transfers. In normal circumstances I wait as long as possible before making a transfer but when a player is injured I think it's fine to go early as he needs to go for sure.

In this case, I think the benefit of saving 0.2 outweighs the relatively small risk of injury to TAA. If TAA does get injured tonight, I'd look at it as one of those unlucky things that happen a few times a season.

13. Werkself - L5,D7
              12 days, 6 hours ago

At this point in the season I would have made that transfer (or a different one) and taken the risk. Worst case if TAA is injured is that you'd take a -4 this week, which can be spread out over many GW's.

14. Futbol Heritage
              12 days, 3 hours ago

Ive played FPL for 10+ seasons at this point and have always made late transfers. Have likely never made transfers before GW is over or even before press conferences are over.

Over the summer, I convinced myself this was wrong and hits early on in the season and early transfers are worth as it builds TV which you could benefit from for the latter half of the season. Currently trying this out, need to see if it pays off

15. FPL Virgin
              12 days, 3 hours ago

I've lost £0.6m on Perez, Jota and Laporte. An obscene amount.

I think making sure there are no major injuries over the IB is worth it. Although as Mark always says if you have a good first sub who you wouldn't mind playing, you can go early.

11. bootsmanus
            12 days, 12 hours ago

Which two to play this weekend out of this lot?

A) Pukki
            B) Lundstram
            C) Zinchenko
            D) Pieters

1. Drop the Dendoncker

Ac

2. MC Hammer

BC

AC and it's not close.

12. rmt this, rmt that so i sai…

whod you cap out of :
            a. mane
            b. kdb

*got raz but got a feeling his minutes will be managed thx

1. MC Hammer

KDB

2. Drop the Dendoncker

3. 40 MIL & A QUID

Same dilemma, I'm on KDB

4. Twitter: @Ze_Austin
              12 days, 11 hours ago

Managed minutes as the reason for KDB over Sterling?

KDB has already been subbed off early by Pep this season, showing that Pep is open to managing his minutes. KDB played 90 mins for Belgium a night before Sterling plays for England. Pep has a plethora of options at CAM/CM, while Sterling is the only recognized fit LW. Someone would have to play OOP (Jesus, Mahrez, Bilva, KDB?) for Sterling to be benched or subbed off... And Pep doesn't usually play people OOP just for the sake of rotation, but only when necessary

I'm not knocking KDB as a captaincy pick. Just the managed minutes logic

1. rmt this, rmt that so i sai…

good insight thx mate

1. rmt this, rmt that so i sai…
                  12 days, 11 hours ago

who is ur choice of captain ?

13. gooner_112233445566

pick 2....

a) c wilson
            b) pukki
            c) jimenez

1. Drop the Dendoncker

Ac

2. The_Fish

AB

14. FOO FIGHTER
              12 days, 11 hours ago

How about this for a front 3?

Aguero Haller Pukki

1. Drop the Dendoncker

Nice

2. Slouch87
                12 days, 11 hours ago

Depends what the sacrifices are elsewhere.
                Thought you stated previously that 3-5-2 was definitely the way you were playing this game.

1. FOO FIGHTER
                    12 days, 11 hours ago

KDB has changed my mind.

2. bitm2007
                  12 days, 11 hours ago

Fine if it doesn't weaken you to much elsewhere.

3. 40 MIL & A QUID
                  12 days, 11 hours ago

lacks barnes, burnley's fixtures are niiice

3. gooner_112233445566

3. FOO FIGHTER

Salah

• luk46

Mo Salah!

• avfc82

I'm going Salah.

• rmt this, rmt that so i sai…

Salah

• The_Fish
                    12 days, 11 hours ago

Sterling is my autocaptain for the foreseeable...

• Camzy
                    12 days, 10 hours ago

Salah. I think Sterling is only 75% to start.

4. The_Fish

Henderson 4.0
                  TAA Robbo Digne Soy Montoya
                  Salah Sterling Martial Ceballos Dendoncker
                  Vardy Pukki Greenwood

Martial is my problem, with no KDB. 1ft, 0itb

A) Hold
                  B) Robbo and Martial -> Burnley defender and KDB (-4)
                  C) Vardy and Martial -> Barnes and KDB (-4)
                  D) Robbo, Martial and Ceballos -> Otamendi, Cantwell and KDB (-8)

Alternatively, I could play my wildcard...

5. lindeg
                    12 days, 11 hours ago

Robbo to TAA, yay or nay?

1. The_Fish
                      12 days, 11 hours ago

For free and no other issues, definitely.

2. rmt this, rmt that so i sai…
                      12 days, 11 hours ago

big N especially with those ucl games and possible rotations

3. KLOPPS AND ROBBERS... the s…
                      12 days, 11 hours ago

Not now after prise rise.
                      Robbo > VVD?

1. lindeg
                          12 days, 11 hours ago

Got VVD already, 0.3 ITB, 1 FT.

TAA rotation risk with UCL games coming up?

1. FOO FIGHTER
                              12 days, 11 hours ago

If you have VVD then I would do it. TAA's price is not safe.

My view is that Gomez needs to stay fit if something had to happen to VVD or Matip. Gomez not of much use when Klopp prefers fullbacks to bomb forward. Milner standing by for Trent.

TAA not waiting for nobody.

1. jacklfc88
                                12 days, 11 hours ago

Have you got KdB, Sterling and Aguero? Any LFC attacking coverage?

1. lindeg
                                    12 days, 11 hours ago

My team is not exactly template, but doing alright.

Ryan

VVD, Mina, Robbo, Zinchenko

Bilva, Mount, Pulisic, Moura

Firmino, Aguero

Pope, Pukki, Cantwell, Lundstram

1. jacklfc88
                                      12 days, 10 hours ago

Really want Bobby in... returns in 3 out of 4 games this season.

2. avfc82
                            12 days, 11 hours ago

Makes sense, but I'd be worried about doing it this week, Newcastle seem to be a bit more vulnerable down the right so far.

1. The Overthinker
                              12 days, 11 hours ago

Salah plays at the right

1. The Overthinker

Ah my bad

• Wally banter
                          12 days, 11 hours ago

If mendy is available by GW7, then im planning to wc to this team... thoughts?

Pope
                          Digne Mendy TAA Pieters/Lowton (Lund)
                          Salah Sterling Kdb Ceballos (Cantwell)
                          Wilson Pukki (Greenwood)

1. Christina.

so you are WC for Mendy?

1. Wally banter
                              12 days, 11 hours ago

No i do not have kdb too

1. Christina.

crazy to WC for Mendy and Kdb

1. Wally banter

Oh i dont have 6 of that 14 i mentioned

1. Christina.

🙄

asking about a WC team for wk 7 when we are waiting for week 5 is...well extreme.

2. pingissimus
                            12 days, 11 hours ago

Quite like the look of it.

Mendy would be a gamble of course given track record. But huge upside.

I’d want a way into Leicester going forward though. From 7 on they have really juicy fixtures bar Liverpool in 8.

• columbus
                          12 days, 11 hours ago

On the WC - Kun, Momo, Martial (if fit) or Sterling, Mane, Wilson/Haller/Jimenez etc ?

• Markus
                          12 days, 11 hours ago

Does anyone know why mount missed a load of games in february/march 2019? He seemed to play every game that he was fit for Frank last season apart from that...

1. Markus
                            12 days, 11 hours ago

Ah nevermind hamstring injury. Yeah started every league match he was available for, bodes well...

1. avfc82
                              12 days, 11 hours ago

Yep he was injured, only know that as we smashed them 4-0 when he was out!

• Aubaaaaa
                          12 days, 11 hours ago

Which combination would be better?
                          A. Otamendi, Masuaku, Wilson -4
                          B. Otamendi, PVA, Barnes -8
                          C. AWB, 4.4 defender, Wilson

1. The_Fish

Which Wilson/Barnes?

1. Aubaaaaa

CWilson and Ashely barnes

• Klip Klopp
                          12 days, 11 hours ago

Perez + Robertson (Have TAA) --> KDB + Diop/Lundstrom for free?

1. Grand Thibauto

Go for it

1. Grand Thibauto

Would go Lundstram

• Grand Thibauto
                          12 days, 11 hours ago

Would you do this transfer? Might end up pulling the trigger tonight if TAA goes unscathed.

Bissaka+Martial to TAA+James (already have Mount) for a -4

Will get priced out if James rises again. (currently 79% on Fplstats) My only worry about this is the -4 hit

1. pingissimus
                            12 days, 11 hours ago

Fair gamble I guess but I’m determinedly hanging onto Martial and waiting to upgrade AWB in 7 or so

• gooner_112233445566
                          12 days, 11 hours ago

a) otamendi, ceballos, c wilson, jimenez
                          b) otamendi, lanzini, pukki, jimenez
                          c) soyuncu (ward), lanzini, c wilson, jimenez

1. Grand Thibauto

b

2. Aubaaaaa

• pingissimus
                          12 days, 11 hours ago

Looking at likely fallers and I’m adding Zaha to my watchlist. Hangover should be out of his system and at 6.8 he’d be interesting anyway as one to monitor.

From 7 it’s

Norwich H
                          WH A
                          City H
                          Arsenal A
                          Leicester H
                          Chelsea A

On the face of it poor. But neither Chelsea and Arsenal are exactly frightening especially given Palace top 6 away record. He’s essentially oop in the current set up after all.

• Rasping Drive
                          12 days, 11 hours ago

Is there any update on Trossard’s injury?

• I Member
                          12 days, 11 hours ago

Lots of talk about Sterling being rested but for who exactly? I've never seen Pep use Mahrez or Bernardo on the left and it seems unlikely that he would change formation.

1. MTPockets
                            12 days, 11 hours ago

Agree but it's Pep so who knows

2. Gregor
                            12 days, 11 hours ago

I think Bernardo might have played there before and maybe Jesus might drop in there if fit or they could go two up top.

It’s not like Sterling’s gonna start every game until Sane’s back is it.

3. avfc82
                            12 days, 11 hours ago

Mahrez started on the left against Brighton last day of the season, although once they fell behind, it moved to more of an expected line up with Bernardo in the middle, Mahrez on the right and Sterling on the left.

4. KujaliaFC

Foden?

• FOMFF

Pope, Button
                          TAA, Digne, Lund, Guilbert, 4mm
                          Salah, Sterling, KDB, Lanzini, Mount
                          Barnes, Pukki, 4.5mm

1 ft, 1m ITB.

Guilbert > Otamendi?

1. Gregor

Sure.

• gooner_112233445566
                          12 days, 11 hours ago

best 5.9 midfielder or below?

thinking ceballos or mcginn myself

1. Gregor
                            12 days, 11 hours ago

Yeah, those look good, maybe Iwobi too.

• wasp3000

Current WC Draft

Ryan Pope
                          TAA Digne Zinchenko Pieters Lundstram
                          Salah Sterling KDB Mount Cantwell
                          Barnes Haller Greenwood

Looking for thoughts on my WC Team.
                          Any need for two rotating GK's or just roll with Pope?
                          Maybe Otamendi instead of ZInch?
                          Any thoughts?

1. Gregor

I’d go Heaton over Ryan, Söyüncü over Pieters and Ota over Zinchenko,

1. wasp3000
                              12 days, 11 hours ago

Don't like Leic's fixtures to be honest. I think maybe Pope and a 4m GK is the way to go with Bur nice fixtures

1. Gregor
                                12 days, 9 hours ago

You can cover Leicester’s bad fixtures with Lundstram and Cantwell. Think Söyüncü is gonna prove to be a bargain.

2. MTPockets

Just Pope
                            Yes Otamendi I think
                            Pretty template so 'safe'

1. wasp3000
                              12 days, 11 hours ago

Yes agreed, it looks template and i am not that satisfied about it to be honest. Would it be better to bring in another FW like Pukki or C.Wilson for Greenwood and downgrade elsewhere.

1. MTPockets
                                12 days, 11 hours ago

Think I would but I always overspend on attackers vs defence. Not necessarily sensibly

3. The_Fish

Downgrade Ryan.

Otamendi.

Not worried about Pukki?

1. wasp3000
                              12 days, 11 hours ago

Am only slightly worried about Pukki but ideally I want one of Pukki or Wilson instead of Greenwood but not sure the best way to free up the cash

• 1912 F.A Cup Winners
                          12 days, 11 hours ago

Good afternoon everyone!!! Gotta start two, who would you go for??
                          A- Pukki
                          B- Lundstram
                          C- Montoya
                          Many thanks....

1. MTPockets

a/b

2. Gregor

Probably bench Monty.

3. The_Fish

AB

1. 1912 F.A Cup Winners
                              12 days, 10 hours ago

Thankyou everyone A an B was my initial thought so will stick to this!! Great to hear other options tho! Thankyou

• jacklfc88
                          12 days, 11 hours ago

WC after a disastrous 2 weeks...

Don't have it in me to not have an LFC attacker in the side so I've sacrificed Sterling for KdB and managed to get Son/Aguero with spare cash.

Any thoughts before I press the button?

Pope (Henderson)

TAA Digne Soyuncu (Kelly, Lundstram)

Salah Son KdB Cantwell (Dendoncker)

Pukki Aguero (Greenwood)