After around a decade of shows the Scoutcast has reached the momentous 300 episode mark.
From its origins, when Mark and Granville used to find time to podcast during their lunch break at work, to the live stream video version of today, the Scoutcast has long been a staple part of Fantasy manager’s lives.
But while the cast and technology has changed the issues remain the same.
One of these recurring themes has been the arguments that greet any cast member’s decision to Wildcard. This week’s show, ahead of Gameweek 5, is no different.
Knowing full well what may happen Joe tentatively presents his team overhaul to co-hosts Az and Neale. In Scoutcast tradition he then has defend his decisions, like one of the 300 Spartans who famously took on an army more than 2,000 years ago.
Elsewhere, the crew take a look back at some of the many mistakes and small successes of Gameweek 4 and how they plan to turn their fortunes around this coming weekend.
Kevin De Bruyne’s captaincy credentials, the best clean sheet prospects and Arsenal’s fixtures are among issues on the bill.
The crew also reveal what factors they use when making decisions, which covers everything from the growth of expected stats to the eye and even ‘ear test’.
Meanwhile, Neale’s differential shout for September and October ensures the arguments continue.
This episode wraps up with a tribute to an unlikely Scoutcast star over the years and details of how to help the charity that originally looked after him.
In addition, the Scoutcast and all our other podcasts are now also available via our Soundcloud channel.
If you’re a traditional type, you can acquire the mp3 audio version via this link or the first player below. Or you can take in the full visual experience via the second player below.
Become a Member and access our data
Memberships for the rest of the 2019/20 campaign are now available for the discounted price of £9.99 or the monthly price of £2.99.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.