Four of the five most-bought Fantasy Premier League assets of Gameweek 11 were Leicester City players, with over one million transfers alone used on Jamie Vardy (£9.4m) and Youri Tielemans (£6.5m).
Ayoze Perez (£6.1m) and Ben Chilwell (£5.6m) were part of this popular quartet, with the Foxes by some distance the most in-demand team in the Fantasy community following their 9-0 win over Southampton.
Almost 1.9 million transfers were spent on Leicester players in the eight days between the Gameweek 10 and 11 deadlines.
Brendan Rodgers’ side are in action this afternoon, in the first of two Premier League fixtures to take place on Sunday.
The Foxes are the visitors to Selhurst Park, where Crystal Palace have been a tough nut to crack this season.
The Eagles’ total of three clean sheets and three goals conceded in home league games can’t be bettered by any other top-flight club in 2019/20.
Rodgers’ troops, of course, come into this game off the back of plundering nine goals at St. Mary’s but before that rout of Southampton, they had only scored on four occasions in as many league fixtures on the road.
A run of away games against Chelsea, Sheffield United, Manchester United and Liverpool can perhaps partly explain that and, more encouragingly, Leicester have won all five of their league meetings – home and away – against clubs who finished outside of last season’s top seven.
Vardy has himself banked 11 attacking returns in those five fixtures against the “also-rans” of the Premier League.
In the least surprising team news of Gameweek 11, Leicester are unchanged from the starting XI that hammered Ralph Hasenhuttl’s side just over a week ago.
Roy Hodgson has made two alterations, one of which is enforced.
The injured Andros Townsend‘s (£5.6m) place has been filled by Jeffrey Schlupp (£5.5m), while the fit-again Vicente Guaita (£5.0m) is back between the posts after a brief two-game stint for Wayne Hennessey (£4.4m).
Martin Kelly (£4.1m), by some distance the most-owned Palace player and still in one in four FPL squads, is only among the substitutes.
Crystal Palace XI: Guaita, Ward, Tomkins, Cahill, van Aanholt, Zaha, Kouyate, Milivojevic, McArthur, Schlupp, Ayew.
Leicester City XI: Schmeichel, Chilwell, Evans, Soyuncu, Pereira, Ndidi, Tielemans, Maddison, Barnes, Vardy, Perez.
Become a Member and access our data
Memberships for the 2019/20 campaign are now available for the annual price of £17.50 or the monthly price of £2.99. For a limited time only, first-month memberships are available at a cut-price £1.99.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.