Jurgen Klopp has landed a cruel blow on Fantasy Premier League managers by benching two of the game’s most popular assets.
Sadio Mané (£12.3m), who this week became FPL’s most expensive player and formed part of the captaincy debate, finds himself among the Liverpool substitutes.
If that wasn’t bad enough for the 42.9% of Fantasy managers in possession of Mané, the 31.1% with Trent Alexander-Arnold (£7.3m) in their squads will also be reeling.
The right-back has been replaced in the Liverpool team by Joe Gomez (£5.1m) for the first time all season.
Meanwhile, there was a return to the side for Mohamed Salah (£12.2m) and Roberto Firmino (£9.4m).
Harry Wilson (£6.0m) misses out for Bournemouth as he is ineligible to face his parent club but Fantasy option, Diego Rico (£4.3m) keeps his place at left-back.
His performance could be of huge significance to Fantasy managers as he could end up emerging from benches to replace Fikayo Tomori (£4.9m) and Alexander-Arnold if he doesn’t come on at Bournemouth.
Elsewhere, the key assets at Spurs have all kept their places with Son Heung-min (£9.9m) and Dele Alli (£8.6m) still in the attacking midfield trio behind Harry Kane (£10.9m).
Burnley hand a recall to Matt Lowton (£4.5m) at right-back with Phil Bardsley (£4.3m) a doubt coming into Gameweek 16.
Ashley Barnes (£6.3m) is absent from the Burnley squad through injury so Jay Rodriguez (£5.7m) comes in to replace him.
Finally, there was good news for owners of Crystal Palace defensive assets as Gary Cahill (£4.5m) returned to the starting line-up.
He has been named at centre-back alongside James Tomkins (£5.0m) while Scott Dann (£4.3m) is fit enough for the bench.
Having those assets back fit should help justify investment in Martin Kelly (£4.2m), who starts again at right-back.
Bournemouth: Ramsdale; Rico, Ake, Mepham, Francis; Fraser, Billing, Lerma, Danjuma; Solanke, Wilson.
Liverpool XI: Alisson; Robertson, Van Dijk, Lovren, Gomez; Keita, Henderson, Milner; Oxlade-Chamberlain, Firmino, Salah.
Spurs XI: Gazzaniga; Vertonghen, D Sánchez, Alderweireld, Aurier; Sissoko, Dier; Son, Alli, Moura; Kane.
Burnley XI: Pope; Pieters, Mee, Tarkowski, Lowton; McNeil, Hendrick, Cork, Brady; Rodriguez, Wood.
Watford XI: Foster; Masina, Cathcart, Kabasele, Femenía; Capoue, Doucouré; Pereyra, Deulofeu, Sarr; Deeney.
Crystal Palace XI: Guaita; Schlupp, Cahill, Tomkins, Kelly; McArthur, Kouyaté, Milivojevic; Zaha, Ayew, Townsend.
Become a Member and access our data
Memberships for the rest of the 2019/20 campaign are now available for the discounted price of £9.99 or the monthly price of £2.99.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.