Pro Pundit Teams

The best budget FPL forwards to consider in the coming Gameweeks

Following on from Sam’s article that predominantly focused on premium forwards, one of the world’s best FPL managers, Tom Freeman, looks at the cut-price options available in attack.

In recent times, Fantasy managers have been able to call upon a large pool of reliable, kindly priced forwards.

Whilst back in 2017/18, only two forwards priced £7.0m or below at the start of the campaign reached double figures for goals, last season, we were treated to 12.

Raúl Jiménez (£7.7m) was the standout candidate. Starting at £5.5m and ending at £6.9m, the Wolverhampton Wanderers forward returned 181 points in his debut season, with 13 goals and ten assists.

The likes of Salomón Rondón, Callum Wilson (£7.4m) and Ayoze Pérez (£6.2m) also offered huge value in the category.

This season, Danny Ings (£7.0m), Tammy Abraham (£7.7m), Dominic-Calvert-Lewin (£6.1m), Teemu Pukki (£6.5m) and Chris Wood (£6.3m) are already into double figures.

Next in line to join them is Neal Maupay (£5.8m), with seven.

The issue for Maupay owners is his last goal arrived in mid-December. I think it’s fair to say he’s been a huge disappointment since, returning just 18 FPL points, which is why I’m looking to move him on ahead of Gameweek 27.

So, with a budget of £6.8m, which could potentially rise to £7.4m if I were to bring forward my planned Gameweek 28 transfer of Jack Grealish (£6.7m) to Harvey Barnes (£6.0m), I’m looking to recruit a new forward.

To identify potential signings, I’ve plugged in my ‘Hitman’ custom table, which focuses on a selection of stats I like to look at when searching for goalscorers.

In this particular example, I’ve included the top ten, using data from the last four Gameweeks:

The idea behind using stats to begin my search is to filter players, and as a result focus on a smaller, more manageable group who I can then run the eye test over.

Having factored in, amongst other things, fixtures, forthcoming blanks (I need someone who plays Gameweek 28), rotation issues and player profiles, I’ve removed Pukki, Troy Deeney (£6.3m), Wilson, Gabriel Martinelli (£4.6m), Oliver McBurnie (£5.7m) and Christian Benteke (£5.7m) from my search, leaving three forwards to consider.

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Above: Everton’s Gameweek 27-31 fixtures.

Having flagged up Everton and Calvert-Lewin on New Year’s Eve, they continue to impress.

Only Liverpool have bettered their points tally since Carlo Ancelotti was appointed, whilst Calvert-Lewin’s underlying numbers during that run are superb – he sits top for big chances, shots in the box, shots on target and xG amongst all players.

With no other Premier League team crossing as often as the Toffees in recent weeks, the 22-year-old’s ability to threaten in the air is being put to good use, and I like the fact he stays central, challenging for every ball.

I think he has the potential to continue doing well (the fixtures aren’t as bad as they seem on first glance), but part of me feels like l may have missed the boat with this one, although I’m certainly not ruling him out.

Chris Wood

Above: Burnley’s fixtures in Gameweeks 27-31

Whilst I have reservations about Burnley going forward, and their ability to create chances from open play, Wood has had a good season so far, finding the net ten times.

He’s also getting plenty of big chances – only Jamie Vardy (£9.8m) has more.

Another positive is his ability to score from set plays, which is relevant with Newcastle up in Gameweek 28 – the Magpies have conceded more attempts from dead-ball situations than any other club this season.

Despite this, no team has recorded fewer shots on target than the Clarets this season.

I’m not ruling Wood out, and I like the fact he definitely has a fixture going ahead in Gameweek 31, but at this stage, I think others are ahead of him.

Diogo Jota

Above: Wolves’ fixtures in Gameweeks 27-31

I do love it when a good attacking player turns up on one of my tables who maybe hasn’t shown up on the scoresheet recently.

Diego Jota (£6.1m) ticks that box, but it’s a move that comes with risk – is he even nailed for a start with Pedro Neto (£5.0m) and new signing Daniel Podence (£5.5m) competing for a spot?

Back in the fold following injury, I do like Jota but it does feel like I’d be replacing Maupay with another player who hasn’t scored since December, with rotation hanging over him. There is also an argument to say if you want a Wolves forward, find the extra from somewhere and invest in Jiménez.

The good thing is that I can run the eye test over Jota on Friday before making a call. If he can get anywhere near to his level of performance in the corresponding fixture from last season, where he netted a hat-trick, he could yet become an option, but let’s see.

So, I’m keeping my options open ahead of Gameweek 27, but as it stands, a forward transfer is definitely on the cards with Calvert-Lewin, Wood and Jota all under consideration.

However, with seven games still to be played in Gameweek 26, maybe another option will emerge?

Though Gameweek 27 seems a long way off right now, here’s how I’m currently set up…

Thanks for reading… until next time.

Tom Freeman – aka avfc82 – comes onto the team to make most of us feel wildly insecure about our overall rank history. A long-time Fantasy Football Scout user, he has finished inside the top 1,000 a staggering five times since 2009.

Become a Member and access our data

Memberships for the rest of the 2019/20 campaign are now available for the discounted price of £9.99 or the monthly price of £2.99.

avfc82 https://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/11211/history | https://fplgeneral.com/articles/elite-64-manager-profile-tom-freeman/”

1. One Wheels Enough
      12 days, 12 hours ago

Just checked my career history on this site: https://www.game-change.co.uk/2017/08/28/fantasy-football-what-if-machine/
      Over 13 seasons my average 'percentile finish' is 1.7%, spose I should be happy with that...

1. Stormbringer22
          12 days, 12 hours ago

Wow, this is an excellent site!

1. One Wheels Enough

How have you done then?

1. Stormbringer22
                  12 days, 12 hours ago

Badly, going back to 2007 when I started my percentile is 49.9% in many of those seasons I lost interest halfway through though. If I was to just take the last couple of season where I actually played the game, it is 12.6% so still not great. Best season is at 5.2 percentile.

• Holmes (specialist in failu…

First season rank of 3.1m resulting in poor percentile of 19.1%

1. One Wheels Enough
                  12 days, 12 hours ago

I guess having a couple of good OR's (58 and 426) makes up for a few bad seasons 😉

2. kennethrhcp

class site!!!

over 13 seasons my average finish is 2.2%.
                Average finishing position 54,590
                Best finish of 0% last season
                Worst finish of 10.7% in 07/08

1. One Wheels Enough
                    12 days, 12 hours ago

You've pipped me, my ave is 56,108, last season was my worst ever...

2. Rains of Castamere

5.3%

Guess that's alright. Chucked the towel in on one season a few years ago which has skewed it a bit 😉

3. I hate Moreno
                  12 days, 12 hours ago

Been looking for this tool for a while. Cheers. 0.4% over 8 seasons with a worst of 0.8%. No absolute stinkers in there, mind.

1. Stormbringer22
                      12 days, 12 hours ago

That's some impressive record mate. Especially since you have been consistent over 8 seasons!

1. I hate Moreno

Just reinforces that a top 50k is a decent finish these days

• kennethrhcp

some going that!!!!

• Fitzy.
                      12 days, 11 hours ago

Well done! Similar here, 0.6% over 8 seasons.

2. bitm2007

Interesting site.

My current actual points are 1477 , and I've made 26 transfers. So my transfer activity and captaincy choices have been worth a total of 128 points!

That will largely be down to having Leporte and Zinc in my starting 11 for GW1 who have missed most of the season.

12 days, 11 hours ago

I had a fantastic GW 1 team. Probably the best one I've had in a few seasons and have done a really poor job of improving it. -7 compared to my GW 1 team. I keep missing big hauls and bring players in for stretches of blanks even though they have great fixtures (Aubameyang, Martial, Perez, Son).

Pope Button
                    TAA Digne VvD Lundstram Rico
                    Salah KdB Sterling Perez Barkley
                    Wesley King Greenwood

Proud of the pre-season work I did to come up with a strong GW1 team but man, it's been a disappointing season in truth (150K). I was up at 8K in GW 3. It could have been a dream season but eh... not to be.

4. Jafooli

5. JamieNumber4

1.4%. I’ll take it I guess

1. JamieNumber4

(11 seasons)

6. Old Man
                    12 days, 11 hours ago

Interesting site - not seen that before.
                    Average rank 18K
                    Average percentile finish 0.4%
                    About average for on here I suppose - could/must do better.

7. Firminoooo

My average is 1.2%.

1. Farke4sure
                      12 days, 9 hours ago

Another 0.4% average percentile here.

Over ten seasons.

8. KingOllie

2.3% !

9. King Kohli
                    12 days, 8 hours ago

Average percentile of 0.3% over 8 seasons.
                    Average rank 16k.
                    Last couple of seasons have been a little off in terms of finishing top 10k.

4. Stormbringer22
                    12 days, 12 hours ago

It really bugs me that Robertson and TAA are the opposite way around in the team picture above... 😀

1. Miguel Sanchez
                      12 days, 12 hours ago

Do you have to have your FPL team set up with players as close to their real life positions as possible? I have to have players by Purchase Price from left to right in each position and then auto-subs messes everything up.

1. Stormbringer22
                          12 days, 12 hours ago

I am absolutely like you! My most expensive players are on the left, working my way down towards the right. Whenever I see teams that are organised in no particular order though, I can't help but think why have Robertson on the right and TAA on the left...

2. avfc82
                        12 days, 12 hours ago

Can't say its ever bothered me, it's the points I'm interested in!

1. Stormbringer22
                            12 days, 12 hours ago

Ultimately, you are correct!

1. avfc82
                              12 days, 12 hours ago

Ha, I'll try and remember to sort it out before my next article tho 🙂

2. fcsaltyballs
                          12 days, 11 hours ago

Haha I used to do this but then sometimes you’d end up with two or three players from the same position...

I do colour coordination now, keeps it tidy and looking good

3. SweepaKeepa
                          12 days, 10 hours ago

How do you re-arrange position of starters? Keep subbing in and out to get to the desired ordering?

1. Trophé Mourinho

Yes lol

1. SweepaKeepa
                                12 days, 10 hours ago

Thanks - sounds like a tedious amount of work for zero gain. I'm on it now....

1. Trophé Mourinho
                                    12 days, 10 hours ago

Feels a bit like a rubix cube at times lol

2. KUNingas

Long way till GW27 but which one? 2FTs
                            A) Lund -> Boly
                            B) Lund + Rico -> Saiss + Stephens

1. Holmes (specialist in failu…

A. Stephens

3. Blunder fc
                            12 days, 12 hours ago

I just worked out that if I'd simply captained Salah every week of the season, (taking into account vice captain playing when he's missed entire games), I'd be six points better off and would have saved days of my life spent stressing over who to captain...

1. Gazwaz80
                                12 days, 12 hours ago

This isn’t a good site if you value your mental health 🙂

• Holmes (specialist in failu…

Only six? I would be better off by approx 100pts 😆

• el polako
                                12 days, 12 hours ago

Part of the "fun" playing the game.

2. Jet5605

1 FT and 4m ITB.

Should I take a hit to improve my defence or roll with this in GW27 and hope Lundy does something or Williams starts for Utd? Am planning to do KDB > Mane ahead of Pool's home game against West Ham.

Guaita
                              TAA / Webster / Lund
                              Salah / Grealish / KDB / Traore
                              Vardy / Jimi / Ings

Button / Williams / Cantwell / Holgate

1. Don Kloppeone
                                12 days, 10 hours ago

I would improve your defence but why would it be for a hit if you have 1FT?

3. Stoichkov#8
                              12 days, 12 hours ago

How many blank GWs will be this season? Only GW 28 & GW 31?

1. Jarvish Scott Talent
                                12 days, 12 hours ago

One or two may blank in 34.

2. Holmes (specialist in failu…
                                12 days, 12 hours ago

Maybe GW34 as well (but likely to be only 1-3 teams)

1. One Wheels Enough
                                    12 days, 12 hours ago

surely it has to be an even number...

1. Jarvish Scott Talent

Nope

• RED_ARMY

How can 3 teams blank exactly ? 😀

1. el polako
                                      12 days, 12 hours ago

Every WHU game is a blank for owners

2. Holmes (specialist in failu…
                                      12 days, 12 hours ago

One will have a blank but their opponent will be a part of some other team's DGW.

For example,
                                      Liverpool vs Brighton (blank)
                                      Man Utd vs Arsenal
                                      Brighton vs Man Utd

3. Jarvish Scott Talent

17 play and 3 don't

4. bitm2007
                                      12 days, 12 hours ago

The only ways I can think of is if one or more teams blank or has a TGW. Otherwise it's got to be two by two.

2. Stoichkov#8
                                  12 days, 12 hours ago

Cheers. So if another blank will be small one than FH can be used in BGW31 or in DGW.
                                  As it looks for now not sure it is worth to FH in BGW31 (for crap players) as DGW can give much more advantage!

3. Disturbed
                                12 days, 12 hours ago

Are there any pressers scheduled for today?

1. Skonto Rigga
                                  12 days, 12 hours ago

Just chasing up the official list. I know Hasenhuttl's is at 1.30pm. Santo's likely to be today, too, I'd have thought, as Wolves are playing tomorrow.

1. Disturbed
                                    12 days, 11 hours ago

Santos is the one I'm waiting for. Trying to get an update on Traore. Cheers mate.

1. Hakim Ziyech

Fit.Should start

4. Goonerly
                                12 days, 12 hours ago

Play McCarthy or Ryan in goal for GW27?

1. Miguel Sanchez

Mc

2. Gregor
                                  12 days, 11 hours ago

If in doubt, go with the guy at home I always say.

3. Don Kloppeone

McCarthy

5. pingissimus
                                12 days, 12 hours ago

Wood is my favourite. Banking on form against bottom 10 this season.

10 matches
                                57 points
                                6 matches with returns

Solid value.

1. avfc82

Nice stats.

Since I submitted this, I'm probably leaning a little more towards Wood, but let's see.

12 days, 11 hours ago

Wood is such an unfashionable pick. But the results do speak for themselves.

Funny how at the start of the season everyone wanted Barnes. And now it's all flipped.

1. avfc82

Yeah that's true.

Burnley always look so blunt going forwards whenever I watch them, but if Wood's accounting for 10 of their 28 goals, maybe it isn't such an issue.

2. pingissimus
                                    12 days, 11 hours ago

Also like that he’s guaranteed both 31 and 34 as I’ve blown my WC and don’t know about FH 31 or 34. 34 blanks might be tricky without WC and don’t want to over invest too soon in teams like Wolves who might blank there.

2. Holmes (specialist in failu…
                                  12 days, 11 hours ago

Picking one of Wood and Jimenez next week will be a pain...

1. I Member

Jimenez easily.

2. Trophé Mourinho
                                      12 days, 11 hours ago

Think my strike force will be ings, wood and Jimi. Currently on Bobby, ings and Deulofeu. Deulofeu needs to go, and Bobby in not overly rushed to lose but double pool defence is the consolation. Wood is a shrewd pick, I'm going to have 8 mil in the bank at this rate. Already got 4.5 lol

3. NielsvanDelft
                                  12 days, 11 hours ago

2ft 0.4 itb: Baldock to Boly a good move?

Henderson
                                  TAA - VVD - Stevens
                                  Mo - KDB - Grealish - Traoré
                                  Ings - Auba - Jimmy

McCarthy - Baldock - Fernandez - Cantwell

1. Gregor

Like it.

1. NielsvanDelft
                                      12 days, 11 hours ago

Cheers! With the upcoming blank, and Wolves on top of the season ticker, I would like to give Wolves a chance. However they do not keep many clean sheets

1. Gregor
                                        12 days, 11 hours ago

Yeah, their number of clean sheets seems to increase when Boly plays though to be fair.

2. Trophé Mourinho
                                      12 days, 11 hours ago

Boly feels a good option, I got him last week. They play in gw31 as well don't they?

1. NielsvanDelft
                                        12 days, 10 hours ago

You never know with all these storms, but their fixture is at home against Bournemouth that week

1. Trophé Mourinho
                                            12 days, 10 hours ago

It's a while off, the bad weather should have passed by then hopefully

2. Don Kloppeone

Yep I like it mate

Boly is a good pick and on my watchlist

• tibollom
                                      12 days, 11 hours ago

Have 2 FTs and 0.4 ITB...Hendo as my only keeper and but short of 0.1 to do Button to McCarthy...

Who to transfer out in order to get McCarthy in for Button?
                                      a. Lunds
                                      b. Rico
                                      c. Cathcart
                                      d. Grealish
                                      e. Dunk
                                      f. cantwell

Hendo Button
                                      TAA rico cathcart dunk lunds
                                      kdb salah grealish doucou cantwell
                                      ings bobby kun

• Trophé Mourinho
                                        12 days, 11 hours ago

What's the chances, one of my rivals on 1440 points, if he had made no changes since gw1 he would also be on 1440 exactly. He has actually made 36 transfers, that woulda kinda suck know that, I think I will inform him lol. I'm 200 points better off for mine

1. bitm2007
                                          12 days, 11 hours ago

Not great, he's lost all the points he's gain in hits.

1. Trophé Mourinho

Yep lol

2. Otis Kay
                                          12 days, 11 hours ago

Chances on Aguero starting v West Ham?

Even if he comes off on 60/70 mins I don't mind, he'll bag goals as long as he starts.

1. Miguel Sanchez

60/40

2. ⭐ Bemba_Da ⭐

50/50

3. JamieNumber4
                                            12 days, 11 hours ago

Think it’s now very unlikely he starts given the rescheduling. I’d be confident of him getting 20-30 mins though regardless of the score - should be beneficial for his prep for the Champions League game. Seems to be the way Pep likes to do things.

4. Otis Kay
                                            12 days, 11 hours ago

I thought I'd feel more confident after this post, now I feel like he's gonna be rested hahaha

1. Wild Rover
                                              12 days, 11 hours ago

I'll be amazed if he doesn't start. Why would Pep rest him after a 17 day break then start him against Leicester days before the CL game? I think it far more likely he starts v W Ham then is benched for Leicester

1. Otis Kay
                                                12 days, 11 hours ago

This was my original thought process. Starts West Ham, benched for Leicester, fresh and ready for Madrid.

Fingers crossed.

1. avfc82
                                                  12 days, 11 hours ago

Lose to Leicester, and City drop to 3rd.

I think I'm right in saying Chelsea, who are 4th, could then be just a point behind them by the time they play their next league game, away at Man Utd.

If he is to be benched, I think its more likely to be vs West Ham, but personally, I see him starting all three to get that 'rhythm' Pep talks about so often.

1. Karan14

Agreed with Tom here.

Pep Guardiola (in Jan): "The problem with [Real] Madrid is after 12 or 13 days rest, we have just one game against Leicester. One game before Madrid. The players need rhythm"

Now they have the West Ham game too.

2. Wild Rover
                                                    12 days, 10 hours ago

I also think he will start all three but it's Pep so you can't rule anything in or out with any certainty.

1. avfc82

Yep for sure... he'll prob start Jesus against Madrid 🙂

5. toca
                                              12 days, 10 hours ago

Normally I woud say he starts both and come off at 60/70th minute, but..... who knows.

6. wilson007

Henderson
                                              TAA Stephens Egan
                                              Salah Mane KDB Grealish Traore
                                              Vardy Ings

Button Soy Greenwood Lascelles

0.7ITB.

Want to get Jiminez in the next couple of weeks, any suggestions?

Was thinking Vardy, Grealish -> Jimmy, Richarlison for GW28.

Thanks guys.

• Karan14
                                              12 days, 11 hours ago

Better option going forward?

A) VVD, Barnes, KDB/Son & Vardy
                                              B) Boly, Barnes, Mane & Vardy/Aguero
                                              C) Boly, Mane, KDB/Son & Wood

Have no cash tied in KDB so I'm open to selling him for Mane or Son.

1. wilson007
                                                  12 days, 11 hours ago

I'd say C with DCL instead of Wood.

• Don Kloppeone
                                                  12 days, 10 hours ago

Also weighing this same type of thing up mate. My current thinking is similar to what Berbs laid out the other day.

I see us (LIV) tightening up as the season is more and more a certainty and therefore the defence perhaps becoming more valuable than a double attack in games where we may not play for goal fests.

That's not to say Mané isn't going to be a tasty option and now with lower ownership also. I have Martial to lose probably next week and I am also weighing up Mané, Son .etc but feel nervous about having to drop VVD to get Mané in....

1. Trophé Mourinho
                                                      12 days, 10 hours ago

There will be much rotation for Liverpool when the title is secured to guarantee a medal for the whole squad (5 appearances each). There will be more rotation in the attacking half. The safest options imo look to be VVD, Robbo and one of Salah or Mane. I can't see myself losing TAA though so will forego Robbo I guess

1. Karan14
                                                        12 days, 10 hours ago

That doesn't make sense to me.
                                                        With Lovren, Matip & Milner all close to fitness even VVD & Robbo could be rotated after they have won the title.

Salah & Mane both could be going for the golden boot also and I don't think they would want to be benched.

1. Trophé Mourinho
                                                            12 days, 10 hours ago

I think all will be rotated them the least imo, maybe your right about Salah and mane going for he golden boot, but the only competition Robbo has is Miller who isn't even a LB albeit good when he does cover that position. VVD feels like the spine of that backline can't see him bein rotated too often.

1. Karan14
                                                              12 days, 10 hours ago

It's all guesswork mate. We can't say for certain who will be rotated. They might want to go for an invincible season or they might prioritize the CL after sealing the title.

2. Don Kloppeone

I’m inclined to agree. Currently on Salah, TAA, VVD and pretty comfortable

3. GreennRed
                                                          12 days, 10 hours ago

Will only happen if they are out of CL or Klopp is sure players won't lose match sharpness for CL by resting them. And if he's not chasing points or unbeaten hames records. Backfired for City in CL 2 years sgo when they dipped into the comfort zone after winning the lesgue early.

2. Karan14
                                                        12 days, 10 hours ago

I agree with the point you make there and it's something similar to what City did end of last season when they kept continuous clean sheets.

I'm just not sure about KDB & City's fixtures with so many cup competitions rotation looks likely.
                                                        Son & Mane both look nailed to start with better fixtures and are differentials.

1. Don Kloppeone
                                                          12 days, 10 hours ago

I agree with the assessment on relative nailedness. I just can’t stomach the idea of ditching KDB yet. He is still such a creative force and Pep knows that so I can foresee managed minutes more than benchings

1. Karan14
                                                            12 days, 10 hours ago

I've already ditched KDB twice so I'm not too worried about selling him specially with tough fixtures and a game every 3/4 days for a few weeks.

Gotta watch Mane against Norwich & Atleti before deciding though.

1. Don Kloppeone
                                                              12 days, 10 hours ago

Yep I’ll be keeping a close eye on Mané!

2. timawflowers

Planning ahead
                                                    Aguero and Mahrez out for son and Jimenez?

1. onceuponatyne
                                                      12 days, 11 hours ago

What am I missing re-City?
                                                      I know there'll be rotation, but is there more than that?

1. timawflowers
                                                        12 days, 11 hours ago

Planning for the gw28 blank.

3. dbeck
                                                    12 days, 11 hours ago

How’s this wildcard draft looking?

McCarty
                                                    TAA VVD Doherty Egan
                                                    Salah Son KDB
                                                    DCL Jiménez Ings

Pope Barnes Lascelles Hayden 0.2itb

Barnes to come in and play a 343

1. Karan14

Looks good.
                                                      Maybe Wood over DCL.
                                                      And would also consider downgrading VVD to a 4.5ish defender and upgrade KDB/Son to Mane.

1. ElliotJHP
                                                        12 days, 11 hours ago

I disagree, I think it is good to go mate.

2. dbeck
                                                        12 days, 11 hours ago

Cheers, not sure I want mane and salah double up. I’ve looked at mane and Firmino

DCL is a hard one, has the stats but not the fixtures, I do love the Jota shout if only he was nailed

2. The 12th Man

Very nice.

1. dbeck

cheers

3. svg53

Gtg

4. Don Kloppeone
                                                      12 days, 10 hours ago

Looks v good. I am still on the fence re. Son.

He is on my watchlist and I need a Martial replacement for next week that could be Son or Mané (if I lose VVD).

Just not convinced re. Spurs and I wouldn't say Son atm has full talisman status to warrant getting him in regardless of whether the team around him is doing badly.

1. dbeck
                                                        12 days, 10 hours ago

I agree with Son, he isnt anywhere near a must own. I just want a premium price point to move around and to me, Son edges it over the others for the time being. Obviously, Mane would be ideal but i'm set on double def for now

1. Don Kloppeone
                                                          12 days, 10 hours ago

On the same page atm mate!

5. D.Glynn
                                                        12 days, 9 hours ago

Not sure about Doherty.. downgrade and maybe upgrade DCL or Hayden

1. dbeck
                                                          12 days, 8 hours ago

Doherty to Boly frees up 1.4m just conscious upgrading Hayden would be benching headaches

6. Chelsea91

Pope
                                                      Taa,Stephens,Robbo
                                                      Mane,kdb,Martial,Traore,Mahrez
                                                      Ings,Vardy

Button Deeney,William,Tangaga

Good to go guys for GW 27 ? Any suggestion would be appreciate , bench order correct?

7. _Ninja_

Who to play from here?

A Hendo (BHA)
                                                      B Pope (BOU)

1 Stevens (BHA)
                                                      2 Taylor (BOU)

1. _Ninja_
                                                        12 days, 11 hours ago

Or BB with fleck and Fernandez?

2. dbeck

3. dbeck

2A if you've decided not to have double def

4. Don Kloppeone

2A def the pick of that bunch

9. Colby
                                                      12 days, 10 hours ago

Another superb piece of insight Tom!!! Martinelli interests me too but more so as an enabler to allow for a big-hitting 5 across the midfield.

1. dbeck
                                                        12 days, 10 hours ago

Interested to hear who the big 5 hitting midfield is, I can only see wanting KDB, Salah, Son (and maybe Mane)

2. avfc82

Nice one, thanks.

Yeah if Martinelli played GW28, I'd have given serious consideration to moving to a 3-5-2.

3. toca
                                                          12 days, 10 hours ago

Well, the 9th forward - Pukki - has more points than the 5th midfilder - Sterling - so changing to 3-5-2 formation seems like a good piece of advice.

• SHOOTER MCGINN
                                                          12 days, 9 hours ago

I went for Martinelli in the end and the big mid 3-5-2. GW28 I'll play 4-4-2 as Newcastle v Burnley has 0-0 written all over it.

4. Don Kloppeone
                                                        12 days, 10 hours ago

How essential would you say a WOL player is for the NOR match in GW27? My original plan was to move on DCL > Jimi this week but now dropping DCL when in a rich vein of form seems reckless. I could also entertain the idea of Vardy > Jimi (and get Barnes in for GW28) but it could be the waste of a transfer....

What do you think?
                                                        A) Get in Jimi for Vardy or DCL
                                                        B) Roll FT
                                                        C) Bring forward one of my GW28 moves - Martial/ Grealish out

1FT 3.3itb
                                                        McCarthy
                                                        TAA, VVD, Stevens
                                                        Salah, KDB, Grealish, Martial
                                                        Vardy, Ings, DCL
                                                        (McGovern) (Holgate, Cantwell, Williams)

Cheers 🙂

1. jonnybhoy
                                                          12 days, 10 hours ago

A- DCL has tougher fixtures been easy enough so far

1. avfc82
                                                            12 days, 10 hours ago

Good options yes, essential no way.

The Norwich game is sandwiched in between Europa League ties, and whilst they're a decent home side, I can't recall too many times they've scored more than one goal at home in league matches this season.

Norwich have improved too.

1. Don Kloppeone
                                                              12 days, 10 hours ago

That's where my nervousness comes from Tom, coupled with DCL now doing v well and Vardy with a lovely run coming up and no distractions.

So do you think you'd roll FT in my situation or dump the deadweight Tony Martial early (or even Grealish in advance of his blank)?

1. avfc82
                                                                12 days, 10 hours ago

I'd be tempted to save if I were in your position.

1. Don Kloppeone

Thanks. It’s what I’m leaning towards

2. Don Kloppeone
                                                            12 days, 10 hours ago

The style of football EVE are playing I don't think I see their fixtures as that tough anymore.... ARS, MUN, CHE .... all leaky. And DCLs stats are gorgeous....

2. Fulchester's New Centr…
                                                          12 days, 10 hours ago

As you are now set on Jim, I'd do Traore or Moutinho for Grealish early I think.

1. Don Kloppeone
                                                            12 days, 8 hours ago

You mean to get them instead of targeting Jimi?

3. Karan14

Roll FT this week.

5. jonnybhoy

Hi guys

A) Holgate to Gomez
                                                        B) DCL to Ings

1. Fulchester's New Centr…

2. Don Kloppeone
                                                          12 days, 10 hours ago

Does depend on your team and plan but I don't love either.

Jimi is def a great pick but I wouldn't love to drop DCL in this form. I'd prefer to give him the ARS match to see if he continues scoring.

Gomez seems a bit of a waste of a LIV slot still. I'd rather have extra cash and move Holgate on to another in-form def .... Boly, Fernandez .etc

3. GreennRed

A.

6. Rhodes your boat

Who to get for kelly

A) lascelles
                                                        B) taylor

Also want to replace guiata in coming weeks

1. avfc82

I prefer Lascelles.

2. Trophé Mourinho

Literally toss a coin, I would lean towards Taylor tho

• Fulchester's New Centr…
                                                            12 days, 10 hours ago

Strangely drawn to Taylor for lack of blanks and Burnley are inconsistent over a season, instead having runs of very good and very bad results so I'd get him while they are doing OK.

• GreennRed
                                                            12 days, 10 hours ago

Lascelles, captain, not much but more goal threat than Taylor.

• I SPEAK ENGELS AND DRINK GI…
                                                              12 days, 9 hours ago

Im thinking Kelly out for Boly or Fernandez. Burnley is going down so I wouldnt touch them

1. Fulchester's New Centr…
                                                              12 days, 10 hours ago

That would be bad enough playing in the park.

1. Karan14

Cheers!

Ndidi missing for Leicester too. Think this could be a good matchup for Wolves attackers.

1. kamdaraji

yes deffo

2. Trophé Mourinho
                                                                12 days, 10 hours ago

Well he might play but runs the risk of worsening his injury. Don't know why you would risk that, sure Traore will want to play but will Nuno let him?

1. kamdaraji
                                                                  12 days, 10 hours ago

he's done it before. he will play

• Fulchester's New Centr…
                                                                12 days, 10 hours ago

Ndidi out a real blow for the Foxes, they are just not the same team without him.

3. Trophé Mourinho
                                                                12 days, 10 hours ago

What's people's opinions on Grealish, I only had him two weeks and kinda assumed he would be a main stay in my team, but I'm thinking Traore now. People planning to hold Grealish or lose him?

1. Fulchester's New Centr…

Lads, it's Villa.

2. wilson007
                                                                    12 days, 10 hours ago

Undecided. He always seems to be the best player on the pitch and everything goes through him. Tempted to hold, but partly cause I already have Traore.

3. Hakim Ziyech
                                                                  12 days, 10 hours ago

Is there anything longer than this gw?

1. Miguel Sanchez
                                                                    12 days, 10 hours ago

Nope - it feels like the summer off season.

1. Hakim Ziyech
                                                                      12 days, 10 hours ago

Yeah. It feels like a month in the desert

2. Fulchester's New Centr…
                                                                    12 days, 10 hours ago

Let's hope they don't do it this way next year, it's a mess, even without the crud stream weather.

1. Hakim Ziyech
                                                                      12 days, 10 hours ago

Ciara coming into town this weekend as well?

1. Miguel Sanchez
                                                                        12 days, 10 hours ago

Dennis - forecast really doesn't look good for Saturdays games in Southampton and Norwich

1. Hakim Ziyech
                                                                          12 days, 9 hours ago

Wow. Thanks. Hopefully Dennis remains calm

2. Fulchester's New Centr…
                                                                        12 days, 10 hours ago

Gender-fluid. This weekend she will be going by the name of Dennis.

4. waltzingmatildas
                                                                  12 days, 10 hours ago

Would you go Robbo or van dijk for 3rd liv?

1. avfc82
                                                                    12 days, 10 hours ago

I went with Robertson last week.

2. Miguel Sanchez
                                                                    12 days, 10 hours ago

VVD - cheaper, nailed, better goal threat and Robbo's assists seem to have dried up

3. Karan14

Toss a coin imo.

4. Fulchester's New Centr…
                                                                    12 days, 10 hours ago

VVD, extra cost of Robbo not been worth it over last few months.

5. Hakim Ziyech

I've gone with Robertson & I'm expecting some sparkling goodies

6. Trophé Mourinho
                                                                      12 days, 10 hours ago

Typically short term I would say Robbo over VVD as generally Robbos attacking returns more frequent and short term you more like to catch some (Altho he hasn't been great recently). Long term VVD, you will then catch VVDs attackin returns and he will almost certainly end the season on higher points.
                                                                      So if it was 3/4 weeks Robbo, until end of season VVD

• GreennRed

Gomez.

• waltzingmatildas
                                                                      12 days, 9 hours ago

Thanks all. Leaning towards Robbo at the mo

7. Zion
                                                                    12 days, 10 hours ago

Clueless what to do with my 2FT, quite satisfied with my team TBH.

McCarthy
                                                                    TAA - Van Dijk - Dunk
                                                                    Grealish - Salah - Traoré - De Bruyne
                                                                    Agüero - Jiménez - Ings

Bench: Pope, Lundstram, Hayden, Lascelles. 0.1 ITB

Guess I could do Lundstram -> Egan?

1. Holmes (specialist in failu…
                                                                      12 days, 10 hours ago

Lets see what happens in this GW. Planning to keep Aguero?

1. Zion
                                                                        12 days, 10 hours ago

Maybe ditching him would be more sensible yes. Would however like to keep him right until GW 28, so not yet 🙂

2. GreennRed
                                                                      12 days, 10 hours ago

Don't sell your sub, can push Lunsstram to 5th defender and see if he gets back in SU team. You've 4 there that won't play in GW28 so one, prob Aguero, ouf by then as he's not nailed on, unfortunately.

1. Zion
                                                                        12 days, 10 hours ago

Thanks for the comment! Ok, I think I'll hang on to Lundstram and look to offload one of the GW 28 blankers

3. I SPEAK ENGELS AND DRINK GI…
                                                                        12 days, 9 hours ago