Feature

An interview with Fantasy Premier League world number one Chris McGowan

Top of not only the Fantasy Football Scout league but also number one in the world since Gameweek 23, Chris McGowan is having a dream season in FPL.

Chris, who goes by the name Queens of the South Age on the site, is 18 points ahead of his nearest challenger in the overall rankings going into the next wave of Gameweek 26 fixtures.

After a flirtation with the top 1k for much of the first half of the campaign, Chris made his move over Christmas, rising from an overall rank of 1,439th to 1st in just five Gameweeks.

A phenomenal start to 2020 (including a triple-figure score in Gameweek 22) saw him rack up 354 points in January, which only four Fantasy bosses across the globe could beat.

Armed with all four of his chips heading into the final third of the season, Chris is one of only two managers in the top ten who has yet to use his Triple Captain chip.

Chris was kind enough to give up some of his time to answer our questions on Thursday, in an interview you can read below.

Scout: For the legions of us who will never be world number one at any point in our lives, what does it feel like to be top of the pile? What is the overriding emotion?

Chris: It’s definitely a bit strange to see the number one against my name in all of the leagues I’m in. There’s normally a target you are chasing, whether it is trying to top your mini-league or chasing top 1k/10k etc, but never trying to stay top overall. I’m trying not to let it change how I’ve played the season so far, though, and I’m just doing my own thing and not letting other players influence my own team.

Scout: It sounds like a daft question but would you, with 12 Gameweeks still to go, say settle for a top ten place? Or is it first or bust?

Chris: I’d happily settle for a finish in the top 1k, to be honest, as that would be my best finish! I’ve hit a huge amount of luck recently with some player and captain choices and that has been the difference. The week I went top, my captain, Sergio Aguero, scored a brace and my goalkeeper, Nick Pope, saved a Jamie Vardy penalty, so that was a big points swing against the Vardy captainers. I’m well aware that luck can and probably will change at some point soon. The blanks and doubles will also play a big part in the closing weeks and if that goes wrong then there could be a big rank drop.

Scout: You mention luck, there, and much is made (mostly by those of us trailing in your wake) of the part that good/bad fortune plays in FPL. How much has luck favoured you this season?

Chris: There is a good amount of knowledge and judgement involved, whether based on the eye test or stats, but it just takes a good bit of luck for things to go your way to help climb to the top. It’s one thing to pick your own players that do well but another to have popular assets you don’t own do nothing at the same time.

Scout: Will reaching the summit – or has it already – changed your approach/outlook to FPL? Are you looking more at your nearest rivals, for instance?

Chris: Nope. I’m still trying to do my own thing and ignore what anybody else is doing. I wavered a little bit when it was the Double Gameweek for Liverpool. I was close to getting Sadio Mane in but I didn’t really want to and was feeling pressured into it. In the end, I stuck to my own plan and it worked out as I would have triple captained him had I brought him in. Instead, I captained Mohamed Salah and still have the chip to use.

Scout: Talk us through a normal week of managing your FPL team. Do you follow a usual routine in terms of research/transfers etc?

Chris: After the games, I tend to have a look at any potential transfers but I’ve been more patient this season and waited closer to the next deadline before making any. I only really make an early one if there’s a move I definitely want to do and I only have the exact funds to do it. I’ll keep an eye on the Fantasy Football Scout website or FPL subreddit for any injury news etc but not much else.

Scout: Have you done anything different this season to what you have done in the past?

Chris: The biggest change this season is trying to just play my own game and not be influenced by the “template” team and who I should be captaining. I’ve done that in the past and would find myself annoyed sometimes at some of the players I have in my team that I don’t actually want.

Scout: You still have all four chips left remaining for the second half of the season. Is this normal for you to have a full complement at this stage and what are your thoughts on chip strategy for the run-in, with many of the blanks and doubles still undetermined?

Chris: I think I had all the chips this time last season too but the one before I wasted my Free Hit early on. As of yet, I haven’t really thought of how I’m going to play them. I’m still waiting to get some more information about who is playing who and when.

Scout: You’ve taken three hits this season at a total cost of -12 but not one since Gameweek 14. Do you typically adopt a patient approach to transfers?

Chris: It’s a new approach this season. I’ve been very prone to a hit or two in the past but yeah, I’ve calmed down a bit this year. It kind of goes together with the high rank for most of the season, though. I’m less inclined to take hits when the team is doing well and getting the points in already.

Scout: You’ve had a premium, £10.0m+ forward all season (either Harry Kane or Sergio Aguero). Have you always favoured a heavy hitter in attack and is this a strategy you can see continuing in the run-in, with value options elsewhere?

Chris: Yeah, I tend to always have a premium forward in and try to find value alongside him, a bit like Danny Ings and Dominic Calvert-Lewin are doing for me at the moment. When Aguero is fit, I always look to get him in as he’s my favourite Premier League player. There were some doubts at the start of the season due to the Copa America but I got him in a Gameweek 4 Wildcard and kept him till he got injured. I was always planning on getting him back in as soon as he was fit again. Kane was just holding his place! I’m an Atletico Madrid fan so there was a time a few seasons ago where I went all-out premium up front with an ex-Atleti front line of Aguero, Diego Costa and Falcao – and that didn’t work out at all!

Harry Kane - An FPL Must Own Over Christmas

Scout: You’ve had Mohamed Salah and Kevin De Bruyne for the entirety of 2019/20 but never owned Sadio Mane or Jamie Vardy. Did you ever waver on those premium options or come close to getting in the other pair, particularly when they were bang in form?

Chris: Nope. I never doubted that Salah would come good and never had the luxury of a spare free transfer to do the sideways move to Mane anyway.  I’ve been there in past seasons, chasing points between the Manchester City midfielders, where the best option was just to pick one and forget – so I’m trying to adopt that strategy. Vardy is a different story. I’m not fond of the manager so I’m just boycotting Leicester players. It started off as a bit of a mini-league joke but I had to stick to it and it was brutal when he was scoring big nearly every game for a while.

Scout: Nick Pope has been your set-and-forget goalkeeper since Gameweek 1. Was this always your intention or have there been other fires to fight that stopped you making a goalkeeper transfer?

Chris: There were plenty of weeks before his recent heroics that I was trying to transfer him out but couldn’t manage it. I either only had one free transfer and couldn’t afford a change to Dean Henderson or yeah, there was a different transfer I had to prioritise. He’ll likely stay now until I Wildcard.

Scout: You have captained eight different players this season, with Gameweek 26 being the first time you have skippered Kevin De Bruyne. How do you approach your captaincy decisions and was there a reason for avoiding De Bruyne to date?

Chris: There’s been no real in-depth thought to it, really. It’s as simple as just who I fancy will score the most points that week, as stupid as that sounds.  I’ve not been trying to second guess who anybody else might be captaining and just going with my gut. I nailed a cracking differential Marcos Alonso captain earlier in the season just for a bit of banter with a work colleague. I felt like a goal was coming and didn’t fancy any other options that week. I tend to stick with the forwards for captaincy, though, and if I am going to be able to watch the game live that will sway my decision too as I like getting to see my captain play. I wasn’t too sure on Aguero this week but still wanted City so ended up with De Bruyne. I pretty much couldn’t make a decision and thought I’d go with him for a change.

Scout: Mohamed Salah, Trent Alexander-Arnold and Andrew Robertson was your Liverpool triple-up in Double Gameweek 24 but you’ve since ditched Robertson. Without giving away your transfer plans, can you see yourself revisiting the triple-up at some point and what do you think is the optimum trio?

Chris: Definitely. I’ll likely be getting Mane in soon which was why I got rid of Robertson. I wanted to have that spot free already but I’m not quite sure how I’m going to do it yet. Alexander-Arnold, Salah and Mane have got to be the optimum trio for potential points but it does hurt your team elsewhere, so I don’t think I’ll have the triple-up for too long.

Scout: Who do you think might be a breakout FPL asset in the final third of the campaign?

Chris: Son Heung-min hasn’t done as well as I’d expect yet this season and I brought him in this week for Riyad Mahrez, so I’m hoping that changes.

Scout: Is your fantastic overall rank now common knowledge amongst your family and friends?

Chris: It would have been a waste of time telling my partner as she wouldn’t have cared! We have a mini-league in the office and they all knew about it. I also received an FPL goody bag for finishing in the top ten managers for January, so the T-shirt was worn with pride one day to the office and I make sure to stand up often when taking a drink out of the mug or water bottle just as a reminder!

Our thanks again to Chris, who we wish the best of luck for the remainder of the campaign.

Become a Member and access our data

Memberships for the rest of the 2019/20 campaign are now available for the discounted price of £9.99 or the monthly price of £2.99.

1. JohnRoss
    11 days, 8 hours ago

“I want people to be scared of how much they love me”
    - Michael Scott

Happy Valentines!

11 days, 8 hours ago

This was already 15 years ago.
      How in the hell did that happen?

2. TopMarx - H2H L4 D5
    11 days, 8 hours ago

Well done Chris/QotSA excellent interview. I love the prizes FPL hand out, I struggle to think of a more sought-after mug! Best of luck for the rest of the season, hope you win.

3. Premier League top four race
    avfc82
    11 days, 8 hours ago

Liverpool’s dominance in the Premier League this season has all but ended any hopes of a title race, but there’s a fascinating battle developing below.

Leicester City are odds-on to join Liverpool and Manchester City in the Champions League next season, but five teams – Sheffield United, Tottenham, Everton, Manchester United and Wolves – are within 6 points of Chelsea, who sit fourth.

But who do you see winning the battle for the final Champions League spot, and are there any specific players from this club you’re targeting for the run in?

1. FOO FIGHTER
        11 days, 8 hours ago

Reckon Chelsea will finish 4th end sesson. I am actually looking at getting Abraham back in.

1. avfc82
          11 days, 8 hours ago

Yep, I think they're the clear front runners, just need to start converting more of their chances.

• Tinkermania
          11 days, 8 hours ago

Sheffield or Wolves. Spurs have a chance too if the do nothing else tap in/penalty king doesn't play again this season. Utd not good enough. Everton are pretenders.

• Jarvish Scott Talent
          11 days, 8 hours ago

Chelsea maybe, though wouldn't be surprised if Spurs sneak in.

Mount could be worth a pop for those limited with cash who are FHing in 31.

1. avfc82
            11 days, 8 hours ago

Yeah that Chelsea v Spurs game next weekend looks huge.

If Spurs win and United cause Lampard some probs on Monday, it suddenly looks very different.

1. toca
                11 days, 5 hours ago

I agree with you, and plus I do think they are going to put ManU to bed on Monday... so that Spurs match will be quite decisive....

2. Yankee Toffee

Everton.

DCL and Richarlison are the ones to get

1. The 12th Man
              11 days, 8 hours ago

See where we lie after the next 3. Playing teams looking for that top 4 spot.

2. avfc82
              11 days, 8 hours ago

If they're still in the mix after the next six or seven games, they could do it with their run in.

3. Max City
            11 days, 8 hours ago

Isn't there anyone see Leicester to miss it?

1. avfc82
              11 days, 8 hours ago

Personally think they'll have enough, quite a few winnable games coming up, but it's def not certain. You see them missing out?

1. toca
                  11 days, 5 hours ago

I think they will hang on, but definitely not looking as fresh as it used to...

2. The Rumour Mill
              11 days, 8 hours ago

Sheffield United, as they're the only club out of that lot who look like they have a clue what they are trying to achieve.

1. avfc82
                11 days, 8 hours ago

I'd absolutely love that if it happened.

Personally not sure they'll have enough in attack to finish fourth, 28 goals in 26 games so far, but when your defence is that solid, maybe it doesn't matter?

3. Maximus Bonimus Pointimus
              11 days, 8 hours ago

Mourinho will probably force spurs into fourth

He just has too much experience

I think Chelsea & Utd could both struggle as a result of their respective managers lack of experience at this level

And Wolves, Everton, Sheff Utd could suffer from thinness of squad

Ancellotti has Everton absolutely flying though - maybe they pip Spurs

1. avfc82
                11 days, 8 hours ago

Be interesting to see how Wolves cope if they progress in the Europa League, I reckon it might mean their league performances take a hit.

1. Wolves Ay We
                  11 days, 7 hours ago

It hasn't really worked out that way this season as Wolves have been doing well while still in the Europa. Our problem has been conceding the first goal. With Boly in the team this could change.

1. jia you jia you
                    11 days, 7 hours ago

true but bound to be end of season fatigue with a limited squad

2. avfc82
                    11 days, 7 hours ago

Yeah that's a fair point.

l had a look at the post Europa League results yesterday and whilst you didn't win many, you didn't lose many either.

It looks like you've got a bit more depth up front now too?

4. jia you jia you
              11 days, 8 hours ago

if Pogba and Bruno hit it off we've an outside chance...Martial needs to be on the score sheet much more often.
              If I had to put money on it, think Jose might get Spurs over the line.
              Chelsea will drop out over time I feel and SHU will likely have a few bumps in the road. Wolves dark horses for me... wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if they managed it.

1. The 12th Man
                11 days, 8 hours ago

Bruno hits it off with Pogba wont be a good thing!
                Paul needs to be nowhere near the Premier league.

1. jia you jia you
                  11 days, 8 hours ago

not a fan either but boys got talent if (big if) staying fit and focused for the rest of the season

2. avfc82
                  11 days, 8 hours ago

At least they'd start passing in the right direction (forwards) if Bruno and Pogba were in the eleven 🙂

1. The 12th Man

True.

2. avfc82
                11 days, 8 hours ago

Good shouts, if Wolves were to go out of the Europa League, I think I'd back them more.

1. jia you jia you
                  11 days, 8 hours ago

100% the caveat with Wolves if they somehow go all the way in EL then no chance!

1. Wolves Ay We
                    11 days, 7 hours ago

Wolves don't play by the rules. 😉

5. The 12th Man
              11 days, 8 hours ago

I would like Everton of course but probably too far back.

Maybe Wolves.

1. Riverside Red
                11 days, 7 hours ago

Possibly one of Everton's best seasons for a while (2013)...but totally put in the shade by Liverpool

6. Fulchester's New Centr…
              11 days, 7 hours ago

Spurs - Jose's faustian pact seems to be doing the business again. So Son I guess.
              Chelsea and Utd pretty flakey to say the least.

7. SADIO SANÉ
              11 days, 6 hours ago

Arsenal nowhere to be seen - WENGER OUT - yeahhh I member when the 'top 4 trophy' meme was going strong too; oh and forget the FA Cup wins, they don't count

8. Trophé Mourinho

I think the top 6 will be:
                Pool
                City
                Spurs
                Leicester
                Blades
                Chelsea

• Twitter: @Ze_Austin
                11 days, 1 hour ago

Well, now top 5

• A Fat Spanish Waiter
                11 days, 58 mins ago

I think this calculus may have changed.

• The Train Driver
                11 days, 28 mins ago

City who?

9. Nightcrawler
                11 days, 8 hours ago

Am i correct in thinking the soton game has a better chance of going ahead than the pool one?

1. BobBradleysOpportunity
                  11 days, 8 hours ago

Norwich weather not better no?

2. Jarvish Scott Talent
                  11 days, 8 hours ago

Not sure anyone can answer with confidence.

3. The Rumour Mill
                  11 days, 8 hours ago

They both have an excellent chance of going ahead, the weather is predicted to be far better than last week 🙂

• Wolves Ay We
                11 days, 8 hours ago

Notice Milner and Mane are being sold heavily today. Any reason why?

1. jia you jia you
                  11 days, 8 hours ago

Mane did the deed will Milners missus... will be in the papers tomorrow 😉

Kayfabe?

2. FPLGraham
                  11 days, 8 hours ago

people follow flags rather than information

3. Holmes (specialist in failu…

Trying to get Salah for Norwich and Kun for West Ham

1. Tinkermania

Too late.

4. Skull And Gnomes 9 SCOTT TA…
                  11 days, 7 hours ago

Great Stuff! Well played Chris.
                  Intrigued as to why you chose your name Queens of the South Age?

1. Queens of the South Age
                    11 days, 7 hours ago

Queen of the South were my local team when I was a kid and it fits in with Queens of the Stone Age. Couldn't name one song of theirs to be honest but I just needed to find something that worked!

1. Skull And Gnomes 9 SCOTT TA…

Oh Deer! Of Course. 🙂

Cheers Fella!, big ask but I hope you win it.
                      All the best.

2. Skonto Rigga
                      11 days, 7 hours ago

I had a walk up to Palmerston Park when I was in Dumfries last summer. Not sure why but I did.

1. Queens of the South Age
                        11 days, 7 hours ago

Been a long time now since I've been there. Last time was probably when they were filming that A Shot At Glory movie with Ally McCoist. Couldn't name a single Queens player now which is a shame. Might need to get a FM2020 game going with them to brush up on my home team knowledge.

3. Gnu Scott talent

Unlucky you 🙂
                      Didn't Ted McMinn start his career there, pretty sure I remember watching him at Palmerston?

11 days, 7 hours ago

Played for Glenafton in Jr football first, transfer fee to QoS was – ‘£325 so that Glenafton could buy a new carpet for their club house and a thousand Queen's lottery tickets.’

1. Gnu Scott talent

Haha.
                          I used to go there with my brother who was involved with Clydebank and then Morton.
                          Funny feeling Morton signed John Goldthorpe from QoS but can't remember many players at the moment but there must have been the template brutal enforcer in midfield or sweeper that all opposing fans hated.

11 days, 7 hours ago

Couple of "I remember hims", but not too many household names here.

2. Colonel Shoe 肝池

Scottish football fan I'd imagine

1. Skull And Gnomes 9 SCOTT TA…

No one's perfect.

1. Gnu Scott talent

Reported.

1. Skull And Gnomes 9 SCOTT TA…

😆

5. JustPark
                  11 days, 7 hours ago

Isn't this the point where we blame climate change?

1. Tinkermania

For?

• Fulchester's New Centr…
                      11 days, 7 hours ago

CLIMATE activist Greta Thunberg has confirmed that starring in her own reality TV show was the entire point from the start.
                      The 17-year-old Swede has landed her own BBC series and confessed that she also hopes to appear on Running Wild With Bear Grylls, I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here and, eventually, Come Dine With Me.
                      She said: “All the usual routes to fame – YouTube, Love Island, child star gone bad – are so well-trodden that nobody pays attention. But climate activism was fresh and different.
                      “Now I’ve got global fame, I’m ready to capitalise on it. The show will be about my love life, the launch of my eco-friendly make-up range, and my Twitter row with Jesy from Little Mix.
                      “Then I’ll hit the circuit and invite Hello! into my home, do Celebrity Bake Off and Strictly, put on four stone, get snapped by the paparazzi, appear on the front of OK! under the headline ‘GRETA FATBERG!’, lose it all and release my own diet plan.
                      “Then it’s the Loose Women panel for the rest of my life. The world? It’ll burn. But it’s not like I’m actually making any difference to that now, is it?”

1. Tinkermania
                          11 days, 7 hours ago

What's the point of this post? Climate change is still real!

11 days, 7 hours ago

Sadly, I agree entirely as does the last line of the article.

Just a joke though, clearly absurd so not offensive to actual Greta in any way I'd say.

• Weasel Boy

Can't stand her.
                          Does my head in.

1. JustPark

Teens. Who does really?

1. Polka Wakey O'Dot

Ok boomer alert.

2. Wolves Ay We
                            11 days, 7 hours ago

"You have destroyed my future"

1. Wassa Mata
                              11 days, 6 hours ago

It is predominantly climate-change-denying xenophobe brexity old men who don't like her. She brings the terrible global situation to the forefront but the angry men don't like it

1. XabiAlonso

Well said.
                                Don't forget the flat earthers and God believers

11 days, 6 hours ago

Pope Francis seems alright.

1. XabiAlonso
                                    11 days, 6 hours ago

Has he encouraged people to use contraception in Africa and India which the previous pope's didn't? Overpopulation is the biggest cause of climate change. The saintly pope's and mother Theresa's of the world added to the problem unfortunately

1. Holmes (specialist in failu…
                                      11 days, 6 hours ago

Meh. Blame those rich guys accumulating all the cash.

Overpopulation has nothing to do with climate.

1. XabiAlonso
                                        11 days, 6 hours ago

You don't thing the climate would be different with 5 billion fewer people on the planet. Ok mate

1. Holmes (specialist in failu…
                                          11 days, 6 hours ago

If those 5 billion people has top 5% rich lads, then yeah, climate would be different.

2. Richard Richard (AKA: Anzhi…
                                          11 days, 6 hours ago

It does have a bearing of course (though see point below).

Dare I say this is another fallout of neo-liberalism and the failure of the state (and countries to collaborate) to have a positive structural role. Electing governments that ban single-use plastics, that stop tax avoidance, that enact policies to stop overpopulation and consumption...difficult yes...but a few people recycling coke cans isn't the solution.

3. BenjoBD
                                          11 days, 5 hours ago

Couldn't of said it any better. Wealth inequality and rampant capitalism drive climate change. Most people don't have 2 cars sitting in the drive. I think we are guilty of assuming the worlds population lead homogeneous lives with same co2 footprint like us fat wasters.

2. Richard Richard (AKA: Anzhi…
                                        11 days, 6 hours ago

Holmes has a point, as do various others - Overconsumption trumps overpopulation (though obviously they are related) as a factor.
                                        The average American consumes 200x that of the average Nigerian for example. Similarly, poorer Britons are nowhere near as culpable as wealthy jet-setters.

1. SADIO SANÉ
                                          11 days, 6 hours ago

yeah right on, very good analysis guys - we just need a massive cull, bring back the nazis

2. Richard Richard (AKA: Anzhi…
                                          11 days, 6 hours ago

The kind of comment that might seem okay until its on the screen....

2. JustPark
                                      11 days, 6 hours ago

Meh. That's proper education. Doubt he encouraged people to breed even if you were a beggar.

2. JustPark
                                11 days, 6 hours ago

The climate change issue kind of obvious. Higher ups clearly have somebody with far more experience with climate change, do some experiments and wrote some journals. Probably a job of doing those. I wonder what it's called hmm.. She is just a live demonstrations/orchestrating of what those people have attempted for years.

3. Old Man
                                11 days, 6 hours ago

I like her and I'm old. You can see that she's highly intelligent but on the spectrum, but what a phenomenal command of the English language for a 17 year old Swede. Good luck to her - in generatios to come she will be recognised as a brave pioneer.

• FF Dirtbag
                      11 days, 7 hours ago

Is there anything on Rashfords injury? When he will be back? Has ole had a press conference?

1. Skonto Rigga
                        11 days, 7 hours ago

Solskjaer's press conference is later this afternoon. Isn't always helpful when he does speak, mind...

1. Would Ed Woodward
                          11 days, 7 hours ago

Yeah, not even worth covering usually.

• Brosstan
                      11 days, 7 hours ago

Chances Wolverhampton gets blown into the sea tonight?

11 days, 7 hours ago

If its just Molineux I suppose there is an outside chance, but a whole town? Come on, that's just silly. 🙂

2. Elly88 > KTR (Kevin The …

100% because I have Vardy

3. Jarvish Scott Talent

£5 worth of damage

4. The Rumour Mill

0%. No rain and no wind

5. Wolves Ay We
                        11 days, 7 hours ago

The city doesn't even have a river. The weather is lovely and the game goes ahead. Could be the only one this weekend. 😀

• wasp3000
                      11 days, 7 hours ago

I'm surely not the only one who thinks this winter break is worse than any Int break for some odd reason. The storms ain't helping either.
                      Good to have some game tonight to tune into

11 days, 7 hours ago

It has been rubbish, hope they do something different next year.
                        A full week off for everybody - ideally after Xmas/New Year before FA Cup makes way more sense.

1. wasp3000

Agreed.

2. StayoutheSpiceZone
                        11 days, 7 hours ago

It will be fine mate, don't worry about the games!

15 goals in the 3 games - and all the problems will go away!

1. wasp3000

hopefully and a Kun hatty to cap things off on Wed 🙂

• StayoutheSpiceZone

Ok weather report.

Southampton vs Burnley - the worst of the weather should come in when the game has already started. Therefore, travel to the game should not be in issue. Prediction 91% likely to go ahead.

Norwich vs Liverpool

Not much rain predicted at all in the area, so all looks good. Only way I can see this being called off is that a tree or two derails the Liverpool fans travel plans. Prediction 94% likely to go ahead.

Over and out

1. I Member
                        11 days, 7 hours ago

Cheers mate. That's what I want to hear.

1. StayoutheSpiceZone
                          11 days, 7 hours ago

No problems mate. If you look on the met office hourlys for Southampton and Norwich, you will see that there doesn't seem to be a huge amount of worry. Winds much lighter than Ciara, depends on rail network I would imagine.

I have been to St Marys a couple of times and the stadium is pretty modern, not been to Carrow Road though, so can't comment on that one.

2. Fulchester's New Centr…
                        11 days, 7 hours ago

Thanks Roy. Where do the %s come from? You?

1. StayoutheSpiceZone

No probs Fulch. Yes, me, the Neville's, Giggsy and Patrick Vieira

🙂

3. Wild Rover
                        11 days, 7 hours ago

'Therefore, travel to the game should not be in issue'

What about going home?

1. SADIO SANÉ

hotel? trivago

2. Jarvish Scott Talent
                          11 days, 6 hours ago

Skull and Gnomes has got a spare room.

3. JustPark
                          11 days, 6 hours ago

Lot of sightseeing to do. What's the rush?

4. Richard Richard (AKA: Anzhi…
                        11 days, 6 hours ago

Roy Keane presenting the weather - I'd watch that.

Thanks spicezone!

1. TLF
                        11 days, 7 hours ago

There is nothing you can do about it FPL wise either way. Many in the same boat, dont worry about it. Any postponed games just add to the challenge ahead.

1. aborg
                          11 days, 7 hours ago

yeah true....more points in a DGW. Then again, everyone will have brought in 3 Liverpool players !
                          Status Quo !

1. Nomar
                            11 days, 6 hours ago

But some will still have TC chip to play.

1. aborg

LOL ....don't worry be happy 🙂

Actually I don't really mind it as long as Aguero(c) gets to play !

11 days, 7 hours ago

Fingers crossed that Storm Ellen isn't mid-week.
                            GL.

2. StayoutheSpiceZone
                        11 days, 7 hours ago

Express commented on this much earlier in the week.

3. bitm2007
                        11 days, 7 hours ago

Not really, most of us will be in the same boat regarding losing Liverpool players, if it is postponed. I'm more concerned about the Southampton game where my differentials are playing.

1. aborg
                          11 days, 6 hours ago

Me too. Who have you got?
                          I've got Henderson, Stephens and Ings.

• Wiseman Resistant ⚽⚠
                      11 days, 7 hours ago

Rage against the macine concert sold out in 20 minutes today and should happen in mid September 🙂

1. Dreadful
                        11 days, 7 hours ago

Storm Zelda to cancel it?

1. Wiseman Resistant ⚽⚠

Not even Corona can cancel that 🙂

11 days, 7 hours ago

Sorry, got them mixed up with NIN.

1. Wiseman Resistant ⚽⚠

haha 🙂

2. Hot Toddy
                            11 days, 6 hours ago

What the hell is this. The pain is real.

2. Jarvish Scott Talent
                        11 days, 6 hours ago

Blimey - they must be all in their 50s/60s by now?

1. Would Ed Woodward
                          11 days, 6 hours ago

I don't even wanna disclose the amount of effort I instantly put into making puns about this, really need this GW to end.

1. Nomar
                            11 days, 6 hours ago

I was expecting to hear ‘Head like a Hole’ when I clicked the link. I was really looking forward to hearing that song again. 🙁

2. Jarvish Scott Talent
                            11 days, 6 hours ago

Rage Against the Kidney Dialysis Machine?

1. Would Ed Woodward

I had

Age Against The Machine
                              (Hopefully) Wake Up
                              Shilling In The Name

1. Jarvish Scott Talent

Nice

2. clodhopper
                          11 days, 6 hours ago

I know and the machine still going strong

• Dreadful
                      11 days, 7 hours ago

If weather is a problem for the fans then why can’t these games be played behind closed doors and the fans refunded? It only happens every once in a while and midweek games (rescheduled fixtures) are a problem for a lot of fans anyway.

1. bitm2007
                        11 days, 7 hours ago

Money, money, money. Football is a business so the club are unlikely to agree to that.

2. SADIO SANÉ
                        11 days, 7 hours ago

I'd outline the issue and just say 'travel at your own risk' and be done with it

3. Nomar
                        11 days, 6 hours ago

Wouldn’t the storms affect the game too, though. Hard to kick a ball with a 70 mph wind in your face.

1. Lord - Blaming it on Rio
                          11 days, 6 hours ago

I once conceded a corner from my goal-kick; and then missed the cross as it blew into the net. They stopped calling me The Cat after that.

1. Jarvish Scott Talent
                            11 days, 6 hours ago

Hi Jordan Pickford - didn't know you posted here.

1. Lord - Blaming it on Rio

Outed!

1. SADIO SANÉ
                                11 days, 6 hours ago

you lost me 2 CSs with your shite goalkeeping this week btw, I hope you feel bad

4. HashAttack
                        11 days, 6 hours ago

That would deny the West Ham fans the experience of going all the way up to Manchester and seeing their team thrashed

• Wiseman Resistant ⚽⚠
                      11 days, 7 hours ago

Can weather make Pukki party tomorrow ?
                      Because VAR cant...

1. Pukki Party

• Pukki Party
                      11 days, 6 hours ago

When does @FPLmeteorologist usually post early storm news before games?

1. I Member
                        11 days, 6 hours ago

Does it matter? The deadline has passed. Can't change anything.

1. BobBradleysOpportunity
                          11 days, 6 hours ago

This logic means we may as well not even watch football

1. I Member

No it doesn't.

• I Member
                      11 days, 6 hours ago

Nick Pope wind assisted goal coming tomorrow.

Beans for lunch?

• Warby84
                      11 days, 6 hours ago

FM has now been dis-continued...

1. Maximus Bonimus Pointimus

Football manager?!

1. Warby84
                          11 days, 6 hours ago

Sorry l mean Championship manager no longer available https://www.championshipmanager.co.uk/closure/en

1. Holmes (specialist in failu…

Not going to delete CM15 from mobile 😀

2. Maximus Bonimus Pointimus

Goodnight sweet Prince 🙂

I might get latest football manager for some nostalgia

1. Would Ed Woodward
                              11 days, 6 hours ago

I got it for the first time in a couple of versions, I won 5 trophies in my second season with Utd, added it to my CV.

3. Fulchester's New Centr…
                            11 days, 6 hours ago

Still around if you're an old-school Cherno Samba, Tonton Zola-Moukoko or To Madeira fan:

1. The 12th Man

To Madeira. LEGEND.

Still play that with the 01/02 patch on PC.

Awesome isn't it.

2. SADIO SANÉ

Funes Mori?

3. Fulchester's New Centr…

Radio?

1. Brimble82

I blame video.

🙂

• kamdaraji

price drop for mane?

Would be hilarious

2. SADIO SANÉ
                        11 days, 6 hours ago

you'd think they'll press the 'hold price' button after today's news

3. Stram Dunk

if he drops then Salah -> Mane to free up some cash 🙂

• kamdaraji

Steve Bull starts for Wolves

11 days, 6 hours ago

Shilts and Lineker for the Foxes?

1. Old Man
                          11 days, 6 hours ago

Jimmy Goodfellow and Mike Stringfellow (see the records)

11 days, 5 hours ago

Bit before my time - Steve Walsh, Kevin Russell about as far back as I remeber.

2. Jarvish Scott Talent

Bull's on parade?

• Maximus Bonimus Pointimus
                      11 days, 6 hours ago

Vardy to ease gradually back into form with a 7,8 or 9 tonight ahead of THAT fixture run?

Or explode into it with double figures??

1. Nomar

Vardy party.

Hopefully.

2. Woy_is_back
                        11 days, 6 hours ago

Tonight, not many will buy ahead of City anyway.

3. Would Ed Woodward
                        11 days, 6 hours ago

Need him to blank or I'll cry and no one wants that.

4. Holmes (specialist in failu…

Hopefully a goal today and then 3 more blanks 😉

5. Pieterke30
                        11 days, 6 hours ago

Two blanks please, then the party may start again.

6. antis0cial
                        11 days, 6 hours ago

Hopefully a high scoring game with contributions from Vardy and Jime!

1. Pieterke30
                          11 days, 6 hours ago

It’s likely but I need a 0-0 draw.

7. Hakim Ziyech
                        11 days, 6 hours ago

Explode. 200 PL appearance tonight!

8. TLF
                        11 days, 6 hours ago

I think he gets a goal tonight

9. Warby84
                        11 days, 5 hours ago

Might do Aguero to Vardy this week.. Think he will play a few more minutes!!

10. RAFA THE GAFFA
                        11 days, 5 hours ago

He wants that match day ball for his wife and his baby tonight!

11. Fulchester's New Centr…
                        11 days, 5 hours ago

Coleen has nothing to add to what she has already said.
                        She remains confident in the legal process and sees no reason to take the numerous opportunities that have been offered to engage in further public debate in this matter.

12. toca

Dont think so.

• mynameisq

No Ndidi and Leicester look like a different team

13. Cto

Deulofeu Aguero to Ings Vardy

Thoughts?

11 days, 6 hours ago

Wait till after tonight, but yep.

1. I Member
                            11 days, 6 hours ago

Should probably wait for Ings to play too.

You are quite right.
                              I meant Jamie's form is in doubt, whereas Ings' is not.

1. Cto

Cheers.

14. Jet5605
                        11 days, 6 hours ago

Salah does love a Saturday night haul. I think it's time for another one.

15. Jet5605
                        11 days, 6 hours ago

Predicted Kun minutes v West Ham & Leicester ahead of their ECL game?

I'm not sure Pep will trust Jesus against Leicester who are still a top 4 side. My guess is Kun plays 60 v West Ham and 30 v Leicester.

1. kamdaraji

20 mins v West ham. 55 minutes v LC

1. Pieterke30
                            11 days, 6 hours ago

Reaaaally sounds like wishful thinking, this.

2. TLF

80 & 20

3. Annie
                            11 days, 5 hours ago

STILL banging the same drum, boring.

2. Pieterke30

65 in both.

3. SADIO SANÉ

70 65

4. antis0cial
                          11 days, 6 hours ago

I think he's more likely to get a start vs Leicester than vs West Ham but who knows, Pep will want him match fit but wont want to give him too many minutes in which he could get injured.

1. Pieterke30
                            11 days, 6 hours ago

I think he starts vs WHM, then it’s 50/50 vs Leicester. He trusts Jesus to start vs Leicester anyway but defo wants Kun vs Real. So Id be betting the opposite - but also can see him start both with limited minutes twice

5. Tinkermania
                            11 days, 6 hours ago

My guess is 30 versus Leicester because of coming back from holiday, and 60 versus Leicester after a few more days of training.

1. Jet5605
                              11 days, 6 hours ago

Good point. Do we know if Kun went back to Argentina for the break? I really hope he did, as a non owner.

1. I Member

He is/was in Dubai.

2. Tinkermania
                                  11 days, 6 hours ago

Don't think it matters too much for the distance. It's the fact that the team is not in training at the moment, imo.

3. Andy Ftw

The whole game then?

1. Tinkermania

Possibly against Leicester.

4. Richard Richard (AKA: Anzhi…
                                11 days, 5 hours ago

85 vs WH, goes off to round of applause for his hatty.
                                5 vs Leicester after I sell him

2. antis0cial
                              11 days, 6 hours ago

With this gw lasting what seems like an eternity I haven't really looked at my team. Having a look now I can't see any obvious way to use a FT. Any thoughts? 2 ft 0 itb

McCarthy
                              TAA Robbo Stevens
                              Salah KDB Rich Traore
                              Vardy Jime Ings

Dubravka Grealish Boly Lascelles

1. SADIO SANÉ
                                11 days, 6 hours ago

looks like you've wildcarded recently? what's your GW28 team look like?

1. antis0cial

Yeah 2 gw ago.

GW 28 team is below with no subs
                                  Dubravka
                                  TAA Robbo Lascelles Boly
                                  Salah Rich Traore
                                  Vardy Jime Ings

2. Jullepuu
                                  11 days, 6 hours ago

I would do Grealish to Perez/Barnes if you are benching Grealish and not using the bench boost

1. antis0cial
                                    11 days, 6 hours ago

Thanks. Yeah was thinking of moving on Grealish, I will only play him once in next 5 (he has potentially 2 blanks). Just Perez / Barnes have City up next, but then they do have two plum fixtures.

1. Jullepuu
                                        11 days, 5 hours ago

Yeah but you can easily bench Perez/Barnes next game week. Fixtures after that are great

2. Fulchester's New Centr…
                                    11 days, 5 hours ago

Momo to Mane if he drops again?

1. antis0cial
                                      11 days, 5 hours ago

Salah season keeper for me.

• Fulchester's New Centr…
                                  11 days, 5 hours ago

Man United have failed to score in four of their last five Premier League games, including each of the last three in a row.
                                  They last failed to score in four consecutive league games back in April 1989.

1. Hakim Ziyech

Martial hatty imminent

Hope so.

• Richard Richard (AKA: Anzhi…
                                  11 days, 5 hours ago

Just watched the meet the manager with Darren Wiles. It's a great example of the problem some of us have with perception in how to pla FPL.
                                  In my head, an fpl great - like the image I have for a spy - has a touch of the James Bond about him. Live fast, cocktails and saucy love affairs. Danger is in the blood. But in reality a spy is probably a guy in an overcoat sitting in a skoda doing 10 hour stake out sessions and making notes to type up nicely when he gets home, ready to hand in to his boss first thing Monday morning.

1. RAFA THE GAFFA

I drive a Mazda?

1. toca

MX-6?

1. RAFA THE GAFFA

🙂

• pingissimus
                                        11 days, 5 hours ago

George Smiley’s wife left him for a racing driver.

2. Fulchester's New Centr…
                                      11 days, 5 hours ago

Look at how FFS sells irself:

Surely more likely to appeal to an accountant/actuary than to an international-man-of-mystery.

2. Trophé Mourinho

Predicitions for tonight? Im going with 1-0 to Wolves

1. RAFA THE GAFFA

2-2

2. pingissimus

1-1

3. I Member

1-1

4. Trophé Mourinho
                                          11 days, 5 hours ago

A Boly haul would be so sick and far more than anything I expected for tonight

• Fulchester's New Centr…

1 -1

• Iggy pop
                                          11 days, 5 hours ago

lots of goals hopefully! Have Vardy and jimmy and no clean sheets to worry about!

• Old Man

2-1 Wolves - and I'm a (pessimistic) Leicester fan

• toca
                                            11 days, 5 hours ago

I dont think there will be a lot of goals tbh... with Boly back in the squad, they are clean sheet material again.

I think LEI will struggle tonight, I really do.

• jtreble
                                          11 days, 5 hours ago

Has Mane every taken a penalty for LIV? Can't remember one.

1. BobBradleysOpportunity

Nope, he’s due

• Brosstan
                                          11 days, 5 hours ago

Salah cappers who lolled at Kun cappers earlier this game week may just end up with their just deserts...

1. BobBradleysOpportunity

Productive comment. Thanks for sharing

1. jtreble
                                              11 days, 5 hours ago

I heard your son signed a long-term with TFC. Congrats.

1. BobBradleysOpportunity
                                                11 days, 5 hours ago

Great to see a Bradley getting an opportunity, pity about Swansea

2. Brosstan

Guilty as charged?

1. BobBradleysOpportunity
                                                11 days, 5 hours ago

I don’t post smug comments like this, been around too long

1. Brosstan
                                                  11 days, 5 hours ago

3 years is rookie numbers...

1. BobBradleysOpportunity
                                                    11 days, 5 hours ago

What about 2 top 750s in first two years? And another one on the way?

2. Fulchester's New Centr…
                                            11 days, 5 hours ago

Needless to say, I had the last laugh