The second round of our FFS Cup took place in Double Gameweek 30+, with 256 managers whittled down to 128 following its completion.
We go again in Gameweek 31+ and, with Tuesday’s deadline hurtling into view, the quick turnaround means that this round-up will be briefer than normal.
With Joe and reigning champion Philman bowing out, Wild Rover was the only previous one of our winners who made it through to round three.
He faces a tough task in Gameweek 31+, however, with Euroalien, currently ranked 827th in the world, standing in the way of a place in the last 64.
Two other managers in the third round of the FFS Cup are currently inside the top 1k, with rdamjam and Forza ranked at 43rd and 325th respectively.
They will face ChromeDome and FPLchewitt in round three.
There were some huge, triple-figure scores in Double Gameweek 30+, with TomTraubertsBlues and stamfordbridge both scoring 141.
HOW DO THE CUP COMPETITIONS WORK?
The FFS Cup is very similar to the Fantasy Premier League’s own cup game.
Entrants who qualify for the first round were randomly drawn against each other and the winner of the tie is whoever has the highest score from that Gameweek, minus points spent on transfers (like in the original game and in head-to-head scores).
In the event of a draw, the manager highest in the overall FPL rankings after the tie will progress.
WHAT IS THE GAMEWEEK SCHEDULE?
The FFS Cup competition will be played out according to the following proposed Gameweek schedule:
Fantasy Football Scout Cup Round Dates
Qualifying – Gameweek 28 Round 1 – Gameweek 29 Round 2 – Gameweek 30+
Round 3 – Gameweek 31+
Round 4 – Gameweek 32+
Round 5 – Gameweek 33+
Round 6 – Gameweek 34+
Quarter-Final – Gameweek 35+
Semi-Finals – Gameweek 36+
Final and third-place play-off – Gameweek 37+
WHEN ARE THE FIXTURES RELEASED?
Where possible, the fixture list for each round will be published before each Gameweek deadline.
The prizes for the FFS Cup is as follows:
1st Place: £150 Amazon voucher
2nd Place: £100 Amazon voucher
3rd Place: £50 Amazon voucher
Unrelated to the FFS Cup, we’ve also launched a new Fantasy Premier League classic mini-league to mark the restart of the 2019/20 season, with scoring starting from Gameweek 30+.
Annual memberships are up for grabs for the top five managers in this new mini-league.
Head to the FPL site via this link and use the code ‘i3lxye’ to sign up. We’ll be closing the league to new entries after the Gameweek 31+ deadline passes at 17:00 BST on Tuesday.
We’re also raising money for the NHS in the process and full details are available here.
Double Gameweek 30+ FPL Lessons Learned
- Aston Villa 0-0 Sheffield United
- Manchester City 3-0 Arsenal
- Norwich City 0-3 Southampton
- Tottenham Hotspur 1-1 Manchester United
- Watford 1-1 Leicester City
- Brighton and Hove Albion 2-1 Arsenal
- West Ham United 0-2 Wolves
- Bournemouth 0-2 Crystal Palace
- Newcastle United 3-0 Sheffield United
- Aston Villa 1-2 Chelsea
- Everton 0-0 Liverpool
- Manchester City 5-0 Burnley
Become a Member and get unrestricted access to our data and articles
Full-year memberships are now available for the price of £17.50. Monthly subscriptions also cost just £2.99.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.