429
Scout Notes

Injury latest on Ritchie as OOP asset outshines other Newcastle defenders

Newcastle 1-1 Aston Villa

• Goals: Dwight Gayle (£5.0m) | Ahmed El Mohamady (£4.1m)
  • Assists: Andy Carroll (£5.4m) | Conor Hourihane (£5.7m)
  • Bonus Points: Gayle x3, Matt Ritchie x2 (£5.3m), Jonjo Shelvey x1 (£4.9m), El Mohamady x1, Hourihane x1, Ezri Konsa x1 (£4.3m)

An entertaining draw with Newcastle led Aston Villa Dean Smith to decry an ‘annoying point’, while most Fantasy managers were just left annoyed.

Of the seven players who scored, assisted or were awarded bonus points, none of them were owned by more than 0.9% of FPL bosses.

Fantasy interest was instead concentrated on the 23.1%-owned Villa midfielder Jack Grealish (£6.3m), who blanked for a fifth straight match, and various members of Newcastle’s defence, which failed to keep a fourth consecutive clean sheet.

The game went full cliché by being of two halves. The first belonged to Villa, who went close through Trezeguet (£5.2m) and Mbwana Samatta (£5.6m), both from excellent deliveries from the right, while Newcastle looked much more threatening in the second once Allan Saint-Maximin (£5.4m) decided to come alive.

But it took Newcastle substitutes to break the deadlock, with Andy Carroll (£5.4m) holding the ball up wide on the right before feeding Dwight Gayle (£5.0m), who finished calmly for his first goal of the campaign.

Other than that, the Magpies’ brightest attacking spark was Matt Ritchie (£5.3m), classified as a defender in FPL this season but playing as a midfielder for the most part.

The Scotland international was joint-top for attempts and was a creative force as well, his all-round performance earning him a bonus point even though he had to go off with an injury after 67 minutes. Crucially, he was the only Newcastle defender to benefit from a clean sheet.

Midfielder Isaac Hayden (£4.4m) was another to succumb to a knock, with Newcastle manager Steve Bruce providing an update on both post-match.

“Both soft tissue. Well have to wait and see. We hope we’ve caught it, it’s more precautionary. We have to err with caution.” – Steve Bruce

Ritchie, in particular, remains an attractive Fantasy proposition in his current out-of-position role as the Newcastle defence is generally solid at present.

The Magpies’ schedule is good, although they do have Liverpool and Manchester City to play still, and Bruce is hoping his players will finish the season strongly.

“We can’t forget that we have a great opportunity to push on a bit now. Can we push on and catch the teams above us and finish the season looking upwards, rather than just looking over our shoulders?” – Steve Bruce

If investment in Newcastle’s backline therefore remains viable, Villa’s prospects, both real and Fantasy, are considerably less promising.

Ahmed El Mohamady‘s (£4.1m) late equaliser, from fellow substitute Conor Hourihane‘s (£5.7m) corner, was deserved, although it did involve a rare error from home keeper Martin Dubravka (£5.1m), who allowed the defender’s header to slip under his body.

But Smith was more interested in his side’s improved defensive performances since the resumption of top-flight football.

“We’ve been conceding too many goals and too many chances all season. It’s no surprise to me that the first two games back, on expected goals, we’ve deserved to win. The fact that we’re restricting good teams to so few chances can only be a positive.” – Dean Smith

‘Positive’ is not a word that can be applied to Villa’s run-in, however.

They have to face Wolves, Liverpool, Manchester United, Everton over the next five Gameweeks and with Grealish seemingly struggling through a points drought, few of the team’s others players are much more tempting for such a tough schedule.

Newcastle (4-3-2-1): Dubravka; Manquillo, Lascelles, Fernandez, Rose; Ritchie (Gayle 67′), Shelvey, Hayden (Bentaleb 86′); Saint-Maximin, Almiron (Lazaro 86); Joelinton (Carroll 64′).

Aston Villa (4-5-1): Nyland; Konsa (El Mohamady 77′), Hause, Mings, Targett; Trezeguet (Davis 70′), Douglas Luiz, McGinn (Nakamba 77′), El Ghazi (Hourihane 70′); Grealish Samatta.

MEMBERS ANALYSIS

View full match data in the Members Area

FPL Lessons Learned from Gameweek 31+

Full-year memberships are now available for the price of £17.50. Monthly subscriptions also cost just £2.99.

1. Sometimes Goals are scored...
    MGD

What is your current rank, rank goal for the season and your rank this year compared to the previous year?

Why have you succeeded or failed in this year compared to previous year?

1. Steve The Spud

1.7m

Top 1 million goal

First year of fpl

Failed mostly because of dicking around massively at the start

1. MGD

I feel you may need a year or 2 to really get into it properly. Try to remember what you've done right/wrong and apply next season 🙂

2. Miguel Sanchez

Current 15k
      Target top 10k
      Last four years 8k 42k 12k 20k
      Season has felt pretty disappointing despite being on target and mostly down to highest ever number of captain failures

1. MGD

Has captain decisions come down to wanting to chase?

I feel that's where most captain mistakes come from.

1. Miguel Sanchez

I guess but looking back there weren’t too many mad punts - a Richarlison captaincy home to Arsenal aside

3. Triple P

Current rank: 9.977
      Year goal: 100k
      Last year rank: 423k

Better rank now, finally made it to manage my team the second half of the season also. Less transfers, more patience and trust my team will deliver. Also less rushing in bringing in someone who scored 2 games in a row

4. Make Arrows Green Again

46k, hoping to be in the top 40k by tomorrow (KdB, Jesus, McCarthy, Nketiah in play)

Stretch goal will be 10k but I have never got there before (best finish 11.5k)

To be honest, this is probably my level, it would appear! In my five years of playing properly I've been: 63k, 56k, 12k, 38k, 89k

This year has been particularly brutal for waiting too long to jump on a bandwagon, just in time for the asset to dry up (Ings), and vice versa, holding under-performing players too long and then ditching them just before they hit form again (Pope, Vardy)

1. teneighty

That's a nice consistency though!

1. Make Arrows Green Again

haha I suppose. I think it proves that I'm an OK player with an inadequate appetite for risk 🙂

5. MANGE TOUT RODNEY

currently 34k hoping to move higher

6. King Kohli

Current rank - 212k
      Target - top 50k
      Last few years - 47k,51k,872,6k,6k

Reason for failure is not getting enough captain picks right and not jumping onto good bandwagons on time

1. MGD

Haha i myself is to stubborn to jump on bandwagons such as Lundstram etc..

Nice previous ranks!

1. King Kohli

Cheers buddy, ranks are getting progressively worse each year.
          Can't believe TAA got the monster haul the week I removed him, not owning Lundstram all season..sigh

1. HVT

I too sold TAA that week but I’m still 10k, you can afford a few blips granted just not too many of those!

2. Johan Queef

Similar position to me. What's your strategy to get there this year?

7. Kurupt FC

Rank: 2.0m
      Goal: 1 - 1.5m

First year of fpl through mini league at work (currently 7th of 22).

Failed due to lack of fpl knowledge and awareness of price changes.
      Hopefully next season i'll be more knowledgable!

8. teneighty

Current rank: 64k
      Rank goal: top 50k

Finished last year on 58k. My best rank was season 16/17 when I finished on place 144. My other seasons are nothing to brag about.

Can't really pinpoint what I have done different in other years. I do have a plan to play a lot more aggressive with hits in the first couple of gameweeks the coming season.

1. MGD

Damn that’s a fine rank! Will be though to beat 🙂

9. nerd_is_the_werd

Current rank 200k.
      First full season, hoping to break into top 1000s next season..

10. Ain't No Holebas Girl

150k at the moment, be very happy with top 100k seeing as I've never finished higher than 35k. Think I'm just pretty average at this game but it's been enough to win plenty of mini leagues over the years so I must be picking the right competition! All good fun. Best of luck all with your goals.

1. MGD

Well 35k is jo bad rank and with a bit of luck 10k is definitely within reach!

1. Ain't No Holebas Girl

Cheers dude, good luck for the run-in!

11. Forza

Currently 816, finished 960 last year. Can't call it a failure but I think some red arrows are looming. The goal is just to get back-to-back top 1k finishes, and not take crazy risks chasing #1 like I did last year.

1. Brooksy86

Woop!

2. MGD

Wow that’s a great back to back performance!

Good luck 😉

1. Forza

Thanks, good luck!

12. Jafooli

Current - 105k
      Goal - 50k
      Previous - 80k, 26k, 10k, 2k, 10k, 1k, 1k (251), 43k

I’m basically getting worse every season 😆

13. timmmuh

Current: 95k
      Goal: 50k

Last 3 years:
      2019: 24k
      2018: 16k
      2017: 371k (first year playing)

1. timmmuh

Many fewer hits this year ... maybe i should take more chances??!!?

1. MGD

Haha I’m never above 10 hits a season. Very riskminimizing in that regard

14. JJeyy

current 20k
      goal top 10k
      Rank last year 4k

Failed due o not being as focused on season restart, slacked research.

15. abaalan

Current rank: 142k
      Year goal: top 1k (start of season), now: top 10k
      Last year rank: 150 (3895 in 2018, 3834 in 2017)

Terrible year so far - every 50/50 is going wrong + Covid trolled!

16. backstreets

Around 7k now with 4 to play this evening. Hoping to finish in top 5k or top 1k with a but of luck. Around 25k last year I think

17. evilfish

Current rank: 3,669
      Goal: top 10k
      Last year rank: 25,648

196 points since the restart has seen me rise to the giddy heights of top 5k. Martial being a huge factor in this rise.

1. Brooksy86

Good on ya fella, keep it up.

18. Collie01

Current rank - 31k
      Rank goal - Top 10k
      Last season rank - 25k

Feel like I've done ok this year, but definitely stagnated in the GWs after Christmas. Had just about broken into top 10k around Christmas but dropped to 57k near time of the Covid break. Lost a bit of interest and was busy at work so didn't have much time.

I found the same the previous season about that plJanuary/Febuary period. There's a bit of a lull after Christmas and the DGWs and chip strategies are still not in play yet.

19. Hot Toddy

-Currently 13k.
      -Goal 1st obviously.
      -Last season I played
      properly I finished 37k.
      -Usually do well when I play
      properly. Good at captain
      picks and I'm not afraid to
      deviate massively from the
      widely popular choices.

20. Brooksy86

LY - 100k
      TY - 3.5k
      Goal - top 1k

First season not making rash decisions on a Monday/Tuesday morning...

21. Jack Burton

300000, 4000,250000,3500 and 150000 this year hoping for 100000k finish captains have killed me this season

22. Bossworld

Currently 2,409. Goal is top 10k. Last season finished 43,427, which didn't seem too bad for the first time I've taken it seriously (in terms of checking sites like this).

Haven't taken many hits this year, have avoided bandwagons like Haller and Mount, and didn't wildcard until GW19 (which in itself was something of a disaster).

23. Theo Walcat

Current 100k (jumped from 500k last 2 GWs)
      Goal for the season under 35k to beat what I got last year
      The few years prior I took less seriously ranged around 250-300k

24. chrismoo75

47k present

Hoping top 50k - have no chips and team was set up for DGW so expecting to drop rank before picking up again

3rd season playing Last 2 seasons have been 29k and 69k

Big failure is to not listen to gut and giving too much weight to what people comment on here. Changed from Salah to Bruno 5 mins before deadline 🙁

25. Indpush

38, 500 Rank
      1st Target

1st season I was around 1.7 million I think
      2nd season around 6,500

This is my 3rd season.

26. G-Whizz

Now that last game has finished, my current rank is 94k.

My OR goal I believe should always be top a 10k finish.

Last year finished 4,044

Not sure I'm on the failure list JUST yet, maybe not really nailing the captaincy pick each week has made a difference but with a WC in back pocket I still think I have a chance of reaching my goal

1. MGD

Agree, the goal is always within that 10k 🙂 On path for 3rd year in a row. Season before i ended at 15k..

I think its still achievable for you, with a bit of risktaking.

27. Greek Freak

Who even knows any more, my goal is for my captain to score at least one goal between now and the end of the season.

1. G-Whizz

😆

28. A Fat Spanish Waiter

Last year: 23k
      Current: 20k
      Year prior: top 3k
      Goal: top 10k

I’ve made two major errors:
      1) selling Pope for Ryan
      2) not getting Martial for this week.

Had I not done either of those, I’d be top 10k. Grrrr

1. Hudsonyards

wow I was curious about the Pope/Ryan thing so I checked and saw that from Weeks 23-28, Ryan outscored Pope by 38. that's pretty significant.

29. L S P

Current - 25k
      Target - Top 10k
      Last Year - 434k. I fell hard after 11k, 55k finishes the years prior.

Even finishing at my current rank would be an achievement after steadily moving up this season and then jumping from 194k in GW28 to my season high of 25k.

But, dayum, I’d be chuffed to finally finish in the Top 10k...

30. Peteski29

Last year: 3k
      Currently: 1,569

Goal was top 10k but now want 1k. Started taking it more seriously last year, checking stats etc. Before last season I'd never finished higher than 280k

31. ritzyd

Current 19k, target top 10k

First year i have really tried and i think mainly driven by consuming a couple podcasts each week on my commute.

32. lugacun

Current rank: 1,153 overall
      Rank goal: top 1K

Finished last year on 4.9k. which was My best rank untill this year (this is my 5th season playing the game)

I went with one goalie almost all season (Pope) with no second goalie, Salah&arnold and the lord , after a harsh start to the year i went step by step with a early WC and just had luck going with the rigth horses at the rigth time (Vardy/KDB/Jimenez)

Liverpool Are Champions

YNWA

33. FPL Bielsa

Since restart gone from 178k to 40k with a bench boost and free hit, no more chips left now and got too many Sheffield defenders and Aguero so hanging on to current rank would be good.

It’s been a poor season after three years inside top 10k (humble brag !)

34. Top Mark.S

800k

100k

50k

Just plain bad luck

35. The Tinkerman

600k
      Top 100k
      80k

Last year was my worst ever season, this season is worse. Missed out on a few key picks as I didn’t think they could sustain scoring (Pukki, Lundstram), worst TV I’ve ever had, and fell behind. Wasted TC on Mane for 1pt.

36. ManUnitedComeBack

Current - 92k
      History - 598k, 675k, 49k, 236k, ?
      Goal - new career high OR, so basically sub-50k

1. MGD

Definitely achievable.

37. Kno

Current rank: 4k
      Goal: 10k
      Previous seasons: 858, 3k, 374, 100k, 2k, 80k, 11k, 8k, 2k.

Looking at this this, sheesh I have played this silly game for a long time.

38. HVT

10k
      My goal is to hold this position and achieve my 6th top 10k finish since starting playing.
      Last year finished at 175k which was poor by my own standards.
      The difference this year;
      -Only 2 hits (-8)
      -Built TV which I feel has paid off over time.
      -generally got double digit returns from my (c)
      -Doherty/DCL (TAA/VVD/Jimmi) all scoring well for me
      -Pope/Lundy have been immense too

Having the likes of these players at the right time, trying to get a little ahead of the curve and doing the simple things, per say following the crowd at times has helped too, sometimes all you need is 1/2 differentials and a decent return from your captain.

39. Pat Bonner

Having a shocking season 442k currently and I've never finished outside top 50k in 9 seasons. Might sneak into top 100k if lucky but not much to write home about.

Hard to put finger on where it's gone wrong. FPL to me is all about timing of when to jump on and off certain players and I've not got that right a number of times this season....Aguero being the main culprit! Continued to captain him during his benchings around GW8-12 (he must play the next if he's just been benched was my theory). Don't underestimate the captaincy in this game and cutting losses and admit when you've got it wrong!

1. Fitzy.

Hang in there, will be tough to get another top 50k, but imagine the feeling if you do. You've got a great record mate.

1. Pat Bonner

Cheers fitzy

40. Dreaming of glory

90k atm with goal of top 50k

4 of first 5 seasons were top 50k (1 top 500), since then it's been all 6 figures bar 1 sub 50k year.
      Alot just missing out on top 100k and never any above 500k but would like to start to get under 100k again consistently.

41. La Vida Latte

Current rank 1565
      Goal top 5000 (would be my 6th top 5000)
      Would be nice to get into the top 1000 for the first time.

Last year was one of my worst 140k something. This year I have dived deeper in the ocean of statistics, and watched more games.

42. beetlejuice

OR is 871 . My aim is to finish #1 in the country and stay in top 1K.
      I have finished top 50K last year so its a big jump for me as of now.

1. G-Whizz

Gwaan!!!

43. Coys96

Current 13.5k
      Aim top 10k. Maybe top 5k depending on where I am in a few weeks

64k last season

44. Pep Pig

Current rank 2,656
      Goal was top 10k
      Last season finished 53,991

My mindset towards FPL this season has changed completely. I put pressure on myself in previous seasons to make successful decisions. Then sulked when it didn't go my way.
      I was 1.6m back in GW16 and didn't panic so a more patient approach has definitely helped me this year

45. Rains of Castamere

Current Rank: 11k
      Target Rank: Initial target was top 1%, now it's Top 10k
      Last Year: 64k
      Best: 1,180 in 2016

Hoping that a few differentials over the next few weeks (Nketiah, Doucoure, having Trent and Van Dijk) can take me into top 10k. My captaincy hit rate this season has been very poor.

46. StinkinRich

Current rank 66k

Goal was to improve on last year...so not looking good

Previous ranks (last few as played since 07/08 season) 3k, 75k, 5k

Problem this year is never managed to get a streak of green arrows, ie consistency. Although captain picks been pretty good stubbornness to not move on certain “key” players has backfired

2. Miguel Sanchez

Not sure this captaincy choice is gonna get any easier?

A) Doherty (avl)
    B) Jimenez (avl)
    C) Salah (mci)
    D) KDB (LIV)
    E) Bruno (bha)
    F) Martial (bha

1. Bobby Digital

Thinking about KDB myself

2. King Kohli

Tempted to captain one of the Wolves!

1. Miguel Sanchez

They will be useful vices for sure

3. syke63

KdB atm as he's my only player at home.

4. Donnie D

Jimenez

5. Forza

B or F

6. Stimps

I've got mine on Auba, happy I kept

1. PurpleMonster

I hope he scores a brace at least 🙂

3. Jinswick

Good to save here?

DDG
    TAA, Doherty, Ritchie
    Salah, Son, Fernandes, Martial
    Jimenez, DCL, Nketiah

Martin, Saiss, Guendouzi, Simpson
    Bank 0.1, 1FT, FH & TC available

1. Pep Roulette

Yes. Great team!

2. King Kohli

Great team, fancy Nketiah to start?

3. Donnie D

Sure. Team is g2g

4. Pep Roulette

Auba(C). Thoughts?

1. sunnyh

I have him and thats who im going with as well. Pointless to keep Auba if you dont even captain him against Norwich

2. Miguel Sanchez

Arsenal play four times in the next 9 days and that is the most rotatable fixture for them/him

1. Qaiss

He has not been benched once this season... And has been subbed off once this season with 10 mins to go... He is the captain... Our best player... He will play. Hehe

1. Miguel Sanchez

I have been told. Just fear not owning him this GW.

3. MANGE TOUT RODNEY

I'm on him at the mo with Jiminez vice (see below)

4. Brosstan

Best pick on paper... But its Auba so it will be a let down

5. PurpleMonster

Probably I will ditch him after NOR.
      Best replacement?
      Rashford or Gabriel Jesús?
      I own Bruno and KDB.

5. MANGE TOUT RODNEY

Free Hit squad for 32+. Thoughts?

Martinez

Doherty - Alonso - AWB

Pepe - Bruno - Mount - Traore

Auba (C) - Rashford - Jiminez (V)

Bench: Dubravka; Azpilicueta; Saint Maximin; Lascelles

6. sirmorbach

Lads, two quick questions if I may:

Patricio
    TAA / Chilwell / Doherty / Aurier / Lascelles
    Salah / KDB / Son / Bruno / Dans
    Jiménez / DCL / Nketiah

1) Good to go?
    2) Chilwell (eve), Aurier (shu), Saka (NOR), Lascelles (bou): Chilwell and Saka in the XI, right?

1. I Member

I'd play Aurier over Chilwell.

7. syke63

What would you do with Vardy? Have Rash and Jim already. Maybe Laca for Norwich and then Jesus but that's a little wild.

1. Donnie D

Sell. Leicester look very poor on Tuesday. Downgrade to somelike Ings or DCL or even further to Ngakia and play 3-5-2 formation. There are plenty options in midfield right now

2. Mclean as a Whistle

Jesus. Do it.

8. ytg15

Have a 65 point lead in league, but second place coming off strong Wildcard - my team needs a bit of work and think a hit may be worthwhile:
    Pope / Henderson
    Aurier / TAA / Doherty / Alonso / Taylor
    KDB / Richarlison / Salah / Saka / Sarr
    Jimenez / Jota / Calvert-Lewin

Perhaps Salah & Jota -> Son & Rashford (-4)? Thanks mates

1. AJ24

Alonso to cheap defender such as Lascelles and use cash to upgrade Jota to Rashford

2. FALSE PROFIT

Spend 12 points and get close to your chaser. You will only know next week what choices he makes though.
      Obvious changes:
      Keepers (Pope in a demoralized side)
      Probably Alonso to get some money.
      Richa for sure
      Jota for sure

9. AJ24

Triple Captain options?

1. Miguel Sanchez

Salah vs Villa in 33

1. Pep Roulette

Don't think he will be rested?

1. Miguel Sanchez

Its a risk yes, could hold out for a City asset against Norwich at home on final day and hope for every team news

1. Miguel Sanchez

*early

2. Donnie D

Someone from City in last three gameweeks can be an option

10. I Member

Patricio
    TAA, Maguire, Lascelles
    Mane, KDB, Son, Fernandes
    Rashford, Jimenez, DCL

Martin; Kiko Femenia, Guendouzi, Simpson.

1 FT 0.0 ITB

Easy save yeah?

Would you play Lascelles (bou) or Kiko (SOU)? I usually favour the home team but Southampton look much more capable of scoring than Bournemouth atm.

11. Hands Guber

122 last week and 98 with Martinez to come this week has seen me jump from 80k to 12k cowboys.

Aside from the not so humblebrag the point is there are big gains to be made with so many people taking their eyes off the ball these coming weeks.

1. King Kohli

Great jump buddy, any differentials you would suggest to make up ground?

1. Hands Guber

Triple up on United and Wolves!

2. FALSE PROFIT

Same: Unfortunately it is my ML rival though!

12. Pep Roulette

Am I the only one who thinks Saka-Auba-Pepe is the best front 3 Arsenal should go with!?

1. Qaiss

Auba needs to play in the middle, with those 2 flank yes. Tired of all this Nketiah crap.

1. Pep Roulette

Saka and Pepe will do brilliant on the flanks with Auba in the middle and Ozil behind him providing the creativity. Arteta should refresh his lineup.

1. Garth Marenghi

Yes then sell Laca and buy a real midfield

13. SHOOTER MCGINN

Sell Salah or Mane for Martial?

1. FOO FIGHTER

Sorry what?

1. SHOOTER MCGINN

Gotta chase them points innit.

But really I need to sell one to free up some funds and with City up next, league out of the way and potential rotation, it seems like the best time to do it. I'd much rather sell Salah/Mane than Fernandes, KDB, Jimi...

1. FOO FIGHTER

See what happens in BRI vs UTD. Return of Pogba may hinder Bruno.

2. Fit_to_drop

Monitor Bruno following Pogba arrival....

2. Donnie D

Stick with them and wait for some signs from Klopp and his intentions after they win the league

1. FOO FIGHTER

This

14. FOO FIGHTER

My planned team from GW33

McCarthy
    TAA Aurier Boly Doherty
    Salah Mahrez Mane Son Martial
    Rashford

Button Siass Nketiah Connolly

All depends what happens by BRI vs UTD by seeing whether Pogba has stolen the show from Bruno.

1. SHOOTER MCGINN

Interesting. Just as I asked about which one to sell...

Guess I have a bench boost still to go so that attack wouldn't work for me, but as a starting 11 that definitely works.

1. FOO FIGHTER

If you have both Salah and Mane then keep them.

1. SHOOTER MCGINN

With this team and 2FT's, what would you look at doing, if keeping Salah and Mane?

Pope McCarthy
          TAA Doherty Taylor Lascelles O'Connell
          Salah Mane KDB Fernandes Barnes
          Jimi DCL Martinelli

Need to get rid of Martinelli at some point, and want rid of Barnes asap, but with only 0.4 in the bank I can't really shift around too much.

1. Checko

Traore for Barnes maybe?

2. Fit_to_drop

I like all bar keeper

15. Top Lad Dakes.

Bruno captain fail still hurts a day later.

Cmon now Pope. CS, pen save and max bonus will do 🙂

1. FALSE PROFIT

Yep. same. My lowest scorer by 3 points!

2. abaalan

Even more annoying when you change Martial -> Ricarlison at 4.59 on wc and then miss changing captain from Bruno -> Jimenez by 30 seconds 🙁

3. Fit_to_drop

+1 a bad call when there were so many other options...

4. PurpleMonster

Yes, it hurts!!
      I own Salah & Jiménez

16. UnitedRthebest

Pick one please. Have 2 wolves already.
    A)Pulisic
    B)Perez
    C)McNeil
    D)Traoré
    E)Gundogan

Cheers

1. FALSE PROFIT

A for fun next week

2. UnitedRthebest

For gw 33 btw

3. FOO FIGHTER

4. Donnie D

Traore for me. Wolves are going for it and he’s a beast.

1. UnitedRthebest

Thanks all:)

17. Wild Rover

Article correction

Richie got 2 bonus, not 1

18. Clickzy

People with Vardy - stick or twist?

1. Fit_to_drop

Get rid

2. FOO FIGHTER

Take the broom and sweep

3. Donnie D

I don’t have him but would rid him asap

4. Would Ed Woodward

One more week, would have to be for a hit this one.

19. dunas_dog

Worth a BB with this team in 32+ ? Unknown FA cup injuries adding to usual rotation the risk.

Pope
    TAA Doherty Maguire
    Salah KDB Bruno Martial
    Jiménez DCL Jota

Martinez Aurier Barnes Fernandéz

20. abaalan

32 still best time to use FH if you have it left? Means avoiding Man C - Pool game (but only own TAA, Mane, KDB - so not loads of players)

1. waddles mullet

It's tempting isn't it? Could be a huge upside, especially if that game is low scoring with big guns blanking.

Still a chance positive COVID tests really mess up a gameweek and create doubles though.

Think safest to hold it, and use it GW 38 if everything goes smoothly. Hope for advance team news and a shitload of goals.

21. Fuddled FC

Would you do

Doherty & Sarr > Saiss & Martial

Yay or nay

1. timmmuh

Yay

2. Stimps

22. Thomas M.

Current WC team...
    Pope
    TAA / Aurier / Saiss / Lascelles / Random pleb
    KDB / Salah / Bruno / Martial / Son
    DCL / Jimmy / Greenwood.

Good to go?
    Keep as it is or downgrade Salah and upgrade defence + striker?

1. Donnie D

I would stick with Salah for now. See how Burnley defense is going to look like tonight. If Watford scores a few, then loose Pope for Foster or downgrade to Martinez and use money elsewhere

23. Stoic

It's
    Auba v Salah (11)
    Mahrez v Martial (21)
    For me tonight..
    Max point difference ?

1. FOO FIGHTER

Who are you capping?

1. Stoic

I mean for this GW. I captained Jimmy

24. Zebrahimović

Are people ditching KDB?

1. timmmuh

1. Zebrahimović

I mean I wouldn’t mind having Martial but I don’t think I’d want to part with Son/KDB. Risky.

1. FOO FIGHTER

I am KDB to Martial this week. Possibly Bruno to Mahrez start of GW32.

2. FOO FIGHTER

Probably for GW32.

3. Donnie D

Why would we?

1. Zebrahimović

To enable a midfield swap or to free up funds to improve elsewhere

1. Donnie D

Kdb is one of top 3 midfield picks throughout the season. He cannot be upgraded. And he’s also on pens now

25. marzo

WC'ing in GW 33 so am looking for 2 punts for next GW.

Pope.
    TAA, Saiss, Maguire.
    KDB, Fernandes, Salah, Barnes.
    Aubameyang, DCL, Jota.
    Stek, Holgate, Stephens, Dendoncker.
    2 ft's, 3.2m ITB.

Some ideas. Which of these look best or any other suggestion?
    1. Barnes + Stephens -> Martial + Aurier or PVA. (442)
    2. Barnes + Jota -> Martial + Ings/Abraham/Giroud.
    3. Barnes + Jota -> Sarr + Rashford.
    4. Barnes + KDB -> Son + Martial.

1. Easy Cheesy

Sinilar situation. Still think rash is better than martial

1. marzo

Rash will prob be in on the WC but difficult to get in for next GW.

26. FOO FIGHTER

Salah is chasing the golden boot. Do not expect him to slow down...

Klopp will most likely give him a 10 minute rest here and there. If he is fit, he starts.

1. Fit_to_drop

I agree. I said that in another post. He is not the type that wants to sit around and watch games. He wants to play. And when you have a world class player like that in your team, the player has a certain amount of control over whether he plays or not. Its unspoken but its there.

1. waddles mullet

Mane has equal standing in that squad though surely? Think Klopp has to treat them equally, won't see one getting rotated / rested while the other doesn't.

So do both play out the rest of the season, or does he rotate and ease off on both?

1. Jon Walter's Hatty

Klopp loves Mane. Knows he is much more of a team player.

2. Fit_to_drop

Valid. Yes, I see them both playing a lot. Both starting games and coming off after 60-70 most likely outcome. No coincidence Liverpool clicked again last night with that trio up top and Fabinho in holding role....Their strongest team.

27. Fit_to_drop

Given the way the fixtures have been going and given the challenge of picking winners in the next GW (32+) is there any sense to playing a 5 man defence or is that never a good strategy?

1. Donnie D

Four defenders would be max for me. And i would want “defenders” like Trent, Doc, Alonso, Aurier - that are basically midfielders

28. Rolls-Royce

Would you bench any player out of this lot for Niketiah next GW?

Mane Son Bruno Marital Rich
    Jimenez DCL

1. FOO FIGHTER

DCL?

1. Fit_to_drop

He is strong at home and Leic will give up chances

2. Fit_to_drop

hard to justify. I cant see anyone.

3. Donnie D

29. lordkippe

Come on Martinez! Please dont get minus points! I pray for a big fat 0

30. FOO FIGHTER

Sou 2- 0 Ars / truck load of McCarthy saves 🙂
    Bur 0 - 0 Wat
    Che 2 - 1 City disallowed Jesus goal lol

My predictions for tonight

1. Wolves Ay We

And know you can wake up from your dream. 😀

1. FOO FIGHTER