736
Scout Notes

Key Everton attackers blank again as FPL defenders grab the points at Norwich

Norwich 0-1 Everton

• Goals: Michael Keane (£5.2m)
  • Assists: Lucas Digne (£5.7m)
  • Bonus Points: Keane x3, Digne x2, Mason Holgate x1 (£4.3m)

A rare goal from Michael Keane (£5.2m) was enough to see off Norwich City as Everton’s efficient, if rather drab, emergence from lock down continued.

The centre-half’s winner, a flick header from a Lucas Digne (£5.7m) corner, came in the 55th minute of a contest that had more than a hint of a pre-season friendly about it – lots of sunshine and mistakes, precious little intensity and quality in the final third.

Keane’s second goal of the season, a second straight clean sheet and the maximum bonus award brought in a season-high 15 points for his 1.9% ownership in Fantasy Premier League.

But most Fantasy eyes were elsewhere, with 10.8% thoroughly enjoying an 11-point haul from Digne and a canny 2.1% still pulling in the cut-price points offered by Mason Holgate (£4.3m).

Everton’s fixtures are pleasant enough to suggest further defensive returns are there for the taking. This is a unit, after all, that has had little trouble shutting down both Norwich’s and Liverpool’s attacks since the resumption of football.

Boss Carlo Ancelotti was keen to praise the defensive work of the team as a whole.

“The teamwork, not only the defenders but the strikers are doing well, is important. When you are able to work together and show good spirit defensively, you can keep clean sheets. The players are tired and that is normal. But their physical condition is really good. In these two games, we had no injuries. Next week we will recover some players – Mina and Sidibe.” – Carlo Ancelotti

His reference to the return of two defenders might set off a few alarms in the camps of those owning Holgate and Seamus Coleman (£5.3m), but there are also worries for managers with Richarlison (£8.3m) and Dominic Calvert-Lewin (£6.5m) in their teams.

The pair, owned by 10.9% and 13.8% respectively, again played as a front two at Carrow Road and they dominated the goal attempt statistics, having nine of the 21 total shots in the match.

But the fixture produced not a single big chance and most efforts were relatively speculative mid to long-range attempts, with Calvert-Lewin missing the best chance of the match when he steered a free header wide following an excellent cross from the industrious Alex Iwobi (£5.6m).

Everton have set up to play fairly deep and with minimal attacking input from their full-backs. That has meant they are hard to break down, but lack significant offensive bite.

The club’s next two fixtures – Leicester at home, Spurs away – are unlikely to prompt a change in that tactic, leaving a lot of FPL managers invested in attackers living on scraps at present.

As for Norwich, they are as good as relegated and coach Daniel Farke is clearly keen to experiment with his line-up as he left two of the season’s bigger hitters – Teemu Pukki (£6.5m) and Todd Cantwell (£4.7m) on the bench yesterday.

He explained his decision post-match.

“Right now, we have a strange situation – five weeks and two games per week. It was pretty hot out there and without a proper pre-season, you have to rotate.” – Daniel Farke

Even so, that would have hurt a lot of FPL managers – Pukki is owned by 12.9%, Cantwell by 18.7% – although the pair probably feature heavily in a lot of ‘ghost ship’ teams.

But Fantasy investment in any of the Canaries players looks decidedly unwise with trips to Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester City still to come before the season is done.

Norwich City (4-2-3-1): Krul; Aarons, Godfrey, Klose, Lewis (Cantwell 86′); McLean Tettey (Vrancic 79′); Rupp (Buendia 71′), Duda (Pukki 71′), Hernandez (Idah 79′); Drmic.

Everton (4-4-2): Pickford: Coleman, Keane, Holgate, Digne: Iwobi (Gordon 90′), Davies (Sigurdsson 45′), Gomes, Bernard (Baines 87′); Calvert-Lewin, Richarlison (Kean 79′).

MEMBERS ANALYSIS

View full match data in the Members Area

MEMBERS AREA HOME PAGE

FPL Lessons Learned from Gameweek 31+

Full-year memberships are now available for the price of £17.50. Monthly subscriptions also cost just £2.99.

1. Jet5605

Which GK for the rest of the season:

A Foster
    B Dubravka
    C Patricio

1. Coys96

C

2. GreennRed

C.

3. jamiejoe

C if you've got space for Wolves picks.

B is an alternative as Newcastle as quite tight at home with a reasonable run of games too..

4. antis0cial

C if not already triple wolves

2. Coys96

Captain:

a) Doherty
    b) Jimenez

1. Nightcrawler

Have both and im going neither.

Villa usually do nick a goal especially at home

Jiminez simply not explosive enough for the armband. Bruno of forwards

1. Coys96

I want to captain someone from that game as they are safe from injuries in FA cup games

1. Nightcrawler

Son or salah for me

1. Coys96

Don't own either

2. Pukki Party

Good thinking there.

1. Pukki Party

Maybe Jimenez VC then and captain the player you would normally?

2. Fit_to_drop

I wouldnt captain Bruno after a certain P Pogba has entered the fray.

1. Coys96

Neither, also Brighton have been good

2. GreennRed

Jimenez.

3. jamiejoe

I'd go attack into a Villa defence with a good local edge.

1. El Presidente

Villa´s defence has improved a lot, I would be careful

1. Boyd to Sven

As a villa fan I'm not sure I'd agree with this statement.....

3. Nightcrawler

Anyone making transfers on week by week basis insyead of season long basis now?

With just 7 games to go i think thats ansound strategy if u can save 2 transfers this week

Sold kdb last week but wouldnneed him back very soon but with 2 free transfers can afford to sell him again when he looks likely to be rested for whoever looks good that week (like martial this week)

Less likely to backfire with peps rotation

1. ViperStripes

With heavy rotation I think a squad of 15 playing players is needed. Maybe room for jsut one budget benchfodder

1. Nightcrawler

Hard to bench expensive players so with 5 subs auto sub is almost impossible

Got saka nkeitiah on my bench and sticking with it. Anything more just seems like anwaste with the sub rule

I disagree. With heavy rotation but 5 subs, you don't need bench fodder. I think four strong playing defenders is all you need. Fodder keeper, fodder 8th attacker, fodder last defender.

1. Ron_Swanson

I agree, if we had 3 subs the rotation would matter much more

3. GreennRed

Depends what your budget gets you. 3.9 keeper, 3.9 fifth defender and a 4.2 fifth mid frees upcash but the likes of Jimenez, Ings, Rashford, DCL, Vardy (irrespective of current form) are a nice price to allow you a better bench. But I still prefer the cash in the bank for single transfer flexibility than a 2nd keeper or 4.5 third defender or 5m fifth mid. Don't expect your bench to play but always have a starting 4th defender.

2. GreennRed

Week, 2 or 3 weeks ahead until WC in 33 or 34.

4. ViperStripes

So who is ditching Richarlison, if so, who for?

Martial
    Son
    Maddison/Mount
    Mahrez/Foden

1. Coys96

I'm not but if I was A.

I like all of those a lot tho except the 3rd rows

1. ViperStripes

3rd rows?

1. Coys96

Maddison & mount

Has anyone actually tried the perma-cap strategy?

Every year I look back at my captains and realize that if I had just kept and captained Salah every game I would have scored more than if I switched around.

Add in the VCs for the games where the perma caps don't play, and you can get a pretty tidy score. I might try it next year with KdB. There's no game where the penalty taker from City especially one as creative as KdB, will be a bad option. Even if they have Liverpool away. Heck, I have my armband on him now with Pool at home.

Thoughts?

1. ViperStripes

Problem is you never know who the perma captain is going to be. At the start of the season you might have said Kane

Yeah that's true. It requires you to identify the highest scoring player.

This season could have worked because it was quite clearly going to be Salah again.

1. El Presidente

Well, KDB is up there as well, he might even be the highest scoring player of the game after this evening.

2. Would Ed Woodward

Nah, the only choice for permacap at the start of the season would've been Salah.

2. Would Ed Woodward

My capping has been shocking all season so I'm very tempted to although I enjoy taking a punt with it, sadly it's hardly ever worked this year.

3. COK3Y5MURF

You will go through a lot of weeks with regrets. You will be going against your gut when you think someone else is a better option. You'll eventually cave.

It takes an iron will for sure, but if it's proven at the end to get the best results, why not?

I thought I was doing poorly on captaincy, but turns out this season I've been pretty good overall actually. 393 points when permacapping Salah would get me 394. Granted I didn't count the VCs from Salah's missed games.

1. COK3Y5MURF

Proven with the help of hindsight. You say KDB next year based on this year, but would KDB have worked last year? Or even the year before? During the weeks he's outscored by another captain, how many weeks would it take for you to decide he might've been the wrong choice? Kane permacap would've worked a few seasons ago too, but things change.

Well injuries obviously change everything. You're not going to captain an injured player which was the case with KdB. But let's say for instance, as close as I can get, I will keep Salah for the season whenever he's fit and captain him every game. I will also use a standard VC selection. If he's injured I'll either bench him or remove him if he's out for a long time but buy him right back once he's starting again. I reckon that strategy would work very well especially by picking Salah who is fit and plays the majority of most games and is proven to score over 200 points a season.

1. COK3Y5MURF

Hmm. Where did you find your total captaincy points, again? I forgot the name of the website.

2. Egg noodle

5 in the back is a proven strategy. Only a very select few actually follow it.

2. Silecro

Not only that. Injuries, hectic schedule incoming..all that goes into consideration who will be captain, not only the sheer quality of the player. With captain first and foremost you must be assured that he will start

Yeah but look at Salah this season for example. He has missed 3 games but other than that, he's started every other one and played at least 60mins.

So if you had permacapped Salah and then on the days he doesn't play you get a VC, you'd be over 400 captain points. I guarantee that's higher than a lot of players thus far.

Also, I guess you make exceptions for double gameweeks as well, that pushes the score even higher. It really could be the best solution.

1. Maximus Bonimus Pointimus

I'm tempted by something similar

Maybe not perma-PERMA captain - but something broad strokes assumption related

e.g.
            Salah for home games
            TAA for away games, except if Mane isn't playing in which case it's Salah for away games too

Something like that - There has to be a way to capitalise on Salah's utterly insane home FPL record, whilst avoiding his pretty dismal (by comparison) away record - which coincidentally immediately flips back to over 10 PPG when Mane hasn't started this season

2. Silecro

To be fair, Salah is probably the only player in the game i would permacap, based on his last three seasons, because reasons you mentioned. But any other player, including Aguero, Kane, even KDB..i would avoid even considering this option. But Salah is valid due to very low chance of rotation and games missed through injury

1. Maximus Bonimus Pointimus

KDB with pens elevates automatically to that level I reckon... Its just the question of whether he is undisputed #1 pen taker

4. Nightcrawler

Depemds on the players

My best seasons were 13/14 and 17/18 (top 1k both)

And the main reason was suarez and salah captains every week except dgws.

Tend to sturggle when we have to try and mix it up like this coming gameweek

1. Nightcrawler

I guess it comes down to how obvious the standout player is. Salah hasnt hit those 17/18 heights again in terms of goals so its easier to be swayed away now

5. pingissimus

Pens are a big deal here - City have missed a few thus time around. KdB would be on a monster monster score had he had them all the time.

AfCon will screw things up next time for Mo I imagine so KdB looks good - as did Sterling in preseason and early season!

1. FOO FIGHTER

Has Salah not stopped playing for Egypt?

1. pingissimus

Really? Had no idea

1. FOO FIGHTER

Not sure but there was that issue at one stage between him and the National side.

1. Would Ed Woodward

He hasn't stopped playing for them.

2. El Presidente

No way in hell that would EVER be a possibility

6. FOO FIGHTER

Perma cap highest points scorer this season for next. Will be either Salah or KDB in that case.

Have had Salah all season and will be same for next so permacap will be on him.

7. I Member

Never tried it. May work but takes some of the fun out of the game for me.

1. FOO FIGHTER

Think permacap resolves the issue of too many cap fails.

2. Magic Zico

Hey I've got someone with me (see below)

8. FALSE PROFIT

If I had one big hitter, I would try it. However, by captaining a Salah your team is diluted to cover his cost. I did Salah home Mane away and it certainly paid off. I could have chosen 2 big hitters that rotate somewhat and play home games only. All of them have plus and minus points.

Every team has at least two usually 3 big hitters or at least captainable options.

I started the season with Salah, Sterling, KdB for instance. And in trying to rotate between Sterling and Salah for H/A, I lost out. Would have scored more sticking with Salah.

9. Magic Zico

Not trying yet but the fun factor is reduced isn't it? Fun = cursing self for many close-to-deadline change of heart!

Ask all the Martial owners from this week... Fun isn't just the captain.

1. Magic Zico

Mate I did not say that's the only fun it's part of it. I've got Martial this week I enjoyed it but I also enjoy picking captaincy and the drama alongside that choice.

Fair enough. I don't really care for it personally. I don't like variance and think the most enjoyable part of the game is building a team and balancing price points. The captaincy adds huge swings on a weekly basis. But I still take part because it's probably the best way to get points. But if there's another strategy that will get you more, why not go for that?

1. Magic Zico

Yeah I am not too analytical dealing with my team probably because I do not have enough time. You can see my record, not too impressive that's probably I am beaten by people like you who are analytical enough rightly so. I may try your approach that could work but for now I am happy to loose few points for the drama that I also enjoy!

2. FALSE PROFIT

I had Bruno C but had Martial in my side. Pure logic says choose Martial due to his position on the pitch. I have never listened to my own advice (smile)

1. Magic Zico

Fun = curse self 😀

10. Hot Toddy

Yeah quite a few times down the years. It's not a viable now I think because there's so many top options. Havent done the numbers but I'd say my captain picks this season are miles ahead perma-Salah. The odd punt is fine but a lot of managers make too many wild picks over the season. The more wild picks the more you're banking against the best players. Calculated risks with explosive players in home games vs woeful teams is a must if you want to finish really high.

1. Hot Toddy

Just checked that anewpla or whatever it's called and yes, absolutely crushing perma-Salah so far. It's wrong with some of my picks though which is weird, like Fernandes 6 times even though this gw is the first time I've had him. Jimenez similar. Bulk has been Salah but tactical switches have boosted my rank greatly.

11. Ask Yourself

I think it removes a very painful and regretful and stressful part of the fantasy game from your control. This makes for a much more stable mental state I would fancy. The people saying you would regret some weeks etc are misguided. My taking the permacap mindset you remove all stress and worry about selecting your captain every single week. There is no regret, since it is a decision you have already made.

1. Would Ed Woodward

Yeah, that's definitely the main reason why I'm considering it.

12. Better off with a pin and a…

I think you're better off picking a heavy-hitter and sticking with them for a period rather than trying to change it every week. Doesn't mean you can't change it over in the case of injuries or major loss of form, though. In the end you know that Salah/KDB are going to get you 200 points+ doubled if you captain them nearly all the time. I think most of us struggle to beat that!

1. Silecro

probably the biggest mistake we make is not captaining the likes of Salah vs MCI, MANU, TOT, CHE, etc...and he usually returns big in those games (i havent purposely put Arsenal there because that is easy cap choice for me)

1. Better off with a pin and a…

It's very difficult to predict anything over a 1-game period. Salah/KDB will outscore other players over the long term, but not necessarily in any given week. Anything better is just luck and unlikely to stick. Double gameweeks alter it a bit.

13. Pukki Party

Needs nerves to pick only one, we tend to think about the fixtures a lot. I started with Salah/Sterling captain rotation that started well, but wouldn't have lasted the whole season. Plenty of ways to play but i usually captain a big hitter;
      Salah 21 times
      Sterling 6
      Aguero 3
      Vardy, Mane, Auba 2
      Alli, Abraham (don't ask) 1

1. saint4life

You’re really captaining salah in a Merseyside derby rather than kun/kdb on a double gameweek? Just a recent example. Sure it might get you a slightly better rank some seasons but it takes away some of the edge and skill if you’re a good player. You have to back your own judgement. Plus there’s no better feeling than for the people who nailed martial this week etc.

14. Reg83

Could be effective but boring..

I tc kdb last week, Jimenez this week, but will captain neither next week. Still unsure who to captain next week.

15. CONNERS

I'm tempted to perma-cap TAA next season tbh.

Decent chance of attacking returns and/or clean sheet points means there won't be many blank weeks.

1. FALSE PROFIT

71 points in away games 116 points at home. Rotate with another home big hitter. The rest is luck. FPL towers get rid of the captain!!

16. Rasping Drive (BSC Small Bo…

I see the logic as a potential way of getting more points but for me it’s a no-no simply because it detracts from the fun of the game.

I like the highs and lows every week from selecting a different captain that either scores well or fails. Call me a masochist if you want,

1. Debauchy

Exactly this , love a Cpt punt now and then

17. Union_Jacks

And here I am thinking about making a post about the merits of captaining DCL this week...

6. Silecro

DCL owners, do we keep him? not any options around his price tag also...

1. FALSE PROFIT

He fits a price point and will get a fair share of points. Leave balance in the squad I would advise.

1. Silecro

Yeah, i intend to, just asking. Will probably save ft this week. WC team for this week works just fine for the upcoming one

2. ViperStripes

Ditching Rich, but keeping DCL for now.

3. Fit_to_drop

Strikers seem patchy at the moment. Mids seem to be doing better.

4. Nightcrawler

Even contemplated captaining him

5. Reg83

I am looking at Giroud if indeed he is no. 1 option for Chelsea. Don't want jota

1. Silecro

As a Chelsea fan, stay clear of him. First game in which he does not score, Tammy starts next

6. CONNERS

Keeping. Everton fixtures are quite good, no-one else I really want in that price bracket.

7. FALSE PROFIT

With the advent of the crowded fixture list and the facility for 5 substitutes being used; some of the previously nailed players are far more vulnerable to rotation. We will never be able to second guess the managers but we can adapt new strategies to compensate.

Players like Pulisic, Traore, Mahrez, Foden and the like have great points per minute stats but we have been put off in the past by rotation risk. I actually see them having more value now and the likes of KDB, Sterling, Salah and Mane who will remain big hitters but are bound to lose some minutes, thus negating some of their value.

It would be quite reasonable to think the upturn in the first group impacts on the previously nailed group.
    Another important point is the lesser chance of getting auto subs. One pointers will be more common, but previous rotation risk players playing the last 20 minutes to half hour, playing against tired opposition, will, no doubt increase the likelihood of hauls on and off your bench.

In conclusion, are you changing tactics and getting a bigger spread of medium priced players, or are you going to remain paying 11 to 13 million on big hitters to protect captain hauls that will be dissipated to some extent?

1. ViperStripes

I ditched Salah for Richarlison on my WC (budget spread enabled Doherty in defence), that hasn't worked out.

1. Magic Zico

😀

2. FALSE PROFIT

There are always rough and smoothe stories. I got Martial for Salah and Doherty for Lascelles so it worked on this occasion. i was actually thinking of the high point scorers per minute.

2. Magic Zico

Good point, see how many 0-0 at half time so far and how many goals in the last 15 mins of the game? Sorry no hard data here just purely impression. It may change slowly but 7-8 games to go that the info we have for now.

1. FALSE PROFIT

You are right. It is an idea only but could work. A player like Mahrez if he played every game would be beating Salah and Mane atm.

3. jamiejoe

It's a fair reflection, but if most players get some time during the game isn't it most likely that your starting 11 and maybe 1 sub will figure in the points?

So your analysis holds of if hitters are benched and don't haul in the final 20 or 30 mins.

That would mean 12 or 13 strong players will cover for any hidden injury concerns.

Once the title is settled managers may be more open with who is out, but games are staggered from each game week deadline.

1. jamiejoe

* holds if big hitters don't haul from the bench.

1. FALSE PROFIT

I did understand.

2. FALSE PROFIT

Your points are valid and I think like you. There will be more surprise injuries so a better bench could help. I am looking at Foden and bottled it last week and settled on leaving Grealish. Sometimes one has just got to go with gut.

4. Reg83

Mix. My big hitters are only mane and kdb. Others are rashford, Bruno, Jimmy, taa etc.

1. FALSE PROFIT

Sounds like you have a good mix anyway. Another weakness of mine is wanting a player in every game, which is definitely not a sound strategy. I enjoy the games more though.

5. CONNERS

I'm keeping a few of the highly owned players and going big in defence to avoid rotation risks and take advantage of good fixtures.

1. FALSE PROFIT

Probably what I will do.

8. KP - FPL

Which combo to go with?

a) Rashford and Son

b) Kane and Martial

c) Rashford and Martial (then get Son next week maybe?)

1. GreennRed

C

2. jamiejoe

C

3. Henning

I just got Rashford and Son, so A for me

9. Magic Zico

Hi folks, playing 451 for GW32 for now. Anything to change here?

Pope
    TAA AWB Aurier Doherty
    Salah KDB Bruno Martial Sarr
    Jimenez [C]

McCarthy DCL Ayew Egan

1. jamiejoe

Nice, may well be the best way to deal with the striker conundrum.

1. Magic Zico

Probably fingers crossed

2. FOO FIGHTER

Yep, 451 looking like the way to go now. I have Rashford up top with Nketiah and Connolly. Juicing up my midfield and defence at the expense of KDB.

1. Magic Zico

Cool yes good luck

3. bluee

Someone mocked me on here for suggesting 451. Wish I'd pulled the trigger on that plan!

1. Magic Zico

It may sway back soon but since restart that's what we know

2. FOO FIGHTER

Gotta play your own game mate 🙂

1. bluee

Totally agree! I went 2 up top with jiminez and Ings so still got a chance to be proven wrong anyway 🙂

4. Weasel Boy

I like it.

1. Magic Zico

Cheers

10. GREEN IS GOOD

A. Bruno > Martial

B. Mahrez > Martial (for Utd triple up)

This would also fund Fernandez > Aurier to match ML rival playing catch up.

Have got Rashford and KDB

1. antis0cial

Neither appeal to me

2. GreennRed

He scored three goals yesterday. He's a quality player but won't do it again. Was there a reason you didn't already have him ahead of Mahrez and Bruno?

1. GREEN IS GOOD

Yes, Because i didn't see into the future.

Seriously tho, if Martial is OOP and getting that service to him....

Plus I need the funds for Aurier to negate ML rival. Aurier seems to play as a winger now.

3. jamiejoe

B for fixtures but Mahrez is a quality player on form too.

4. I Member

11. Gunner1290

For those who bench boosted and then wildcarded is it the best time to play free hit this week? I can’t see a better gameweek to play it

1. GREEN IS GOOD

GW38?

2. Fit_to_drop

Surely, your WC team should be close to a FH team so why waste the FH?

3. jamiejoe

Fixtures suggest next week (gw 33) or holding off for a gw38 relegation and top 4 shoot out to pick teams still going for it with strongest 11.

4. teneighty

I'm keeping my FH as a get out of jail free card.

If there is an outbreak of Covid in one team it will impact the fixture list and might lead to another double gameweek. The tight schedule also increases the injury risk so we might see a lot of injuries in the coming weeks.

If it's not needed I will play it GW38 with D.Silva as my C.

12. antis0cial

a) Vardy, Traore, Stevens to DCL, Mahrez, Aurier (-4)
    b) Vardy, Traore to DCL, Mahrez
    c) Vardy, Traore to Nketiah Son

Open to suggestions.

Pope
    TAA AWB Boly
    Salah KDB Bruno Sarr Traore
    Rash Jime

Vardy Lascelles Stevens

1. Lav

C

2. CONNERS

Vardy/Traore to Greenwood/Mahrez and use leftover funds to get VVD for Stevens in GW33?

1. antis0cial

Great, thanks, I have my Utd 3 but I could do Vardy, Traore to Mahrez Nketiah and go either Robbo or VVD next week over stevens

Or.. I could do Vardy, Traore to Son, Connoly then get VVD over Stevens next week

13. Lav

Set & forget GK + 4th DEF.

A. Pope + Saiss
    B. Patricio + Kiko

1. Oooo Matron

Any recommendations on this team? Have I benched the right players?

Dubravka
      TAA Doherty Bissaka Aurier
      Mane Son KDB Fernandes
      Rashford Jiminez

Subs: Saka, Calvert Lewin, Lascelles

2. Oooo Matron

3. La Vida Latte

I am on B

14. pingissimus

Just one assist to go for KdB to equal the record. Think that’s right. On 19 right now.

He could put the record beyond reach - until next season I guess. 🙂

1. I Member

He's on 16 assists. Fantasy assists aren't actually assists.

1. pingissimus

Ty

15. PurpleMonster

Hi everyone.

Rashford or Gabriel Jesús?

I own Bruno and KDB btw...

1. GreennRed

Rashford.

1. PurpleMonster

Thank you!

2. iL PiStOlErO

The saviour. Rashford!

1. PurpleMonster

Thank you!

16. Oooo Matron

Any recommendations on this team? Have I benched the right players?

Dubravka
    TAA Doherty Bissaka Aurier
    Mane Son KDB Fernandes
    Rashford Jiminez

Subs: Saka, Calvert Lewin, Lascelles

1. GreennRed

Calvert Lewin for Aurier.

2. Union_Jacks

Definitely wouldn’t be benching DCL

17. royals forever

Which player should I upgrade for GW32

Saka
    Egan
    Grealish

Other DFs and MFs are

Maguire Fernandez Boly Stevens

KDB Martial Fernandes

3.0 ITB

Any ideas would be welcomed

1. Bobby Digital

I'd upgrade Grealish.

2. CONNERS

Maybe get rid of Egan first, then perhaps Grealish to Mahrez for City's great run of fixtures from GW33?

3. FALSE PROFIT

Why Saka? a good fifth mid. Only Foden might be better.
      Egan banned 1 game. But you have too many SUTD (1 is too many) A waste of a tfr at this moment.
      Grealish must go. Look at Sarr or even Mahrez after they play Pool

18. Bobby Digital

Play one:
    Lascelles (bou) or Holgate (LEI)

1. Silecro

this is the one where i just know i'll play lascelles and he will concede with a yellow while Holgate will keep cs

1. Bobby Digital

I picked Lascelles this week... Looked good 60 minutes in.

2. teneighty

Will Bournemouth scora again this campaign? I would defo play Lascelles.

3. iL PiStOlErO

Both and bench TAA. And then delete account.

4. iL PiStOlErO

But on the more serious note lets say Las.

5. FALSE PROFIT

Absolute coin toss.

19. iL PiStOlErO

Actually KdB not playing tonight would be good for me, have Holgate 1st on the bench with 7pts, rivals don’t have him and every pt counts now. I know it is only wishful thinking but it is Pep...

1. Bobby Digital

Same here

2. Pep Roulette

Why wont KDB play

1. iL PiStOlErO

Ohhh you....don't get me started.

1. Pep Roulette

Hahahaha

2. ZimZalabim

wishful thinking for their bench points

3. FOO FIGHTER

Lol

4. El Presidente

Its highly unlikely, he was a sub vs Burnley so he will start this one for sure

20. Weasel Boy

Gotta be Auba Captain for GW 32 right, even if Arsenal are useless?

1. La Roja

If you think he will start, then go for it. Arsenal have 5 games in 12 days and Norwich is the only game looks benchable for Auba.

I think it's well risky to captain him.

1. Weasel Boy

Thats my worry

21. Benteke Fried Chicken

How does this look for a FH this week?
    Pope (Button)
    Doherty, Aurier, AWB, PVA (Lascelles)
    Son, Traore, Bruno (Saka, Guendozi)
    Auba, Rash, Jiminez

22. Pep Roulette

GW33

A. Sterling & Auba to Salah & Jesus. Play Mount.

B. Auba & Mount to Greenwood & Salah. Play Greenwood.

1. Bobby Digital

2. La Roja

I wouldnt do either but A if you must

1. Pep Roulette

Why? Need Salah vs Villa.

1. La Roja

If liverpool wins the title today or after city game, how much liverpool will care Villa game is concerning for Salah, TAA, Mane owners. Klopp may decide to go booze tours with the squad 😛

1. Pep Roulette

They're having 8 days rest now. And they've nothing else to play for. Salah is a Golden boot contender as well.

3. pingissimus

Really tough

Think I’d just go A - B has a much higher topside but 33 reeks of 8 changes at City again - so no Sterling

1. Pep Roulette

So you think Sterling & Greenwood will do better than Jesus & Mount?

1. pingissimus

If Sterling plays I think he could go wild - just don’t see playing time.

23. Bobby Digital

Pope better keep it clean tonight!

1. La Roja

After the shitshow of Burnley defence vs City, I wouldnt count on it. I reckon Sarr is going to tear a new one today

1. Pep Roulette

This

2. iL PiStOlErO

Watford is not City....

Sherlock alert

1. iL PiStOlErO

Oh boy....

lol

2. iL PiStOlErO

Same here. We agree on everything today. Maybe throw in some penalty save also.

24. Toblerone52 - Hung like a H…

Jota owners are you giving him one more week?

I think we get leaked line ups and hes not playing I will sell to DCL

1. Zim0

Don't get dcl. Everton toothless in attack

this

1. iL PiStOlErO

La Roja alert.

nice grav 😛

1. iL PiStOlErO

Now thats a good one...

😎

2. Toblerone52 - Hung like a H…

Didnt he have loads of chances v norwich? To be honest I didn't watch the match only the 3 min highlights

1. FALSE PROFIT

it did not help playing 11 defenders. Both sides actually

1. Toblerone52 - Hung like a H…

Fair enough.

3. FPL Pillars

Think that is a bit harsh.

4. FALSE PROFIT

Watch your language! I will report you to the court of human rights!

25. Zim0

Sell Son or Fernandes for Salah? For GW 33+ (have Rashford and martial)

1. Weasel Boy

I'd be tempted to say Son. Spurs just don't look very attacking under Jose.

1. Zim0

I was thinking the same. Just needed someones opinion on it as well. Son it is. Thank you!

2. FALSE PROFIT

Son burns me year after year. Pick him and he fails. Drop him and he scores!

1. Zim0

Same

2. Pep Roulette

Why would you sell Bruno?

1. Zim0

Because i need to sell someone and triple united scares me :p

26. Weasel Boy

People ditching Auba in case he doesn't start against Norwich?

1. La Roja

He is probably in dont buy dont sell category now

2. Klaren

He didn't miss a single minute in PL (other than the red card) since Arteta took over so I don't think he is a rotation risk.

1. Zim0

But i don't think its humanly possible for someone to play this many matches in such a short time without injuring themselves

what he said

2. Zim0

Unless maybe he's benched for fa cup which would be dumb of arteta

3. gers23

Maybe rested in the cup? All be it that is their only hope of a trophy lol

1. La Roja

arteta might as well pack his bags and off to spain if he doesnt play him for fa cup game

4. Klaren

If you are fit, it's definitely humanly possible to play a match every 3 days. He played 4 games during Christmas in about a 10 day period as well. I think he only got subbed out once for about 10 minutes in that period.

1. La Roja

And why would you want to risk you best player for injury? 5 games in 12 days.

1. Klaren

It's not necessarily risking him for injury if he is physically capable of playing and Auba is one of the fittest players in PL. As I said they he started every game in tight schedules until now so I expect him to start every game for the rest of the season until they have nothing left to play for in the season (possibly after that point as well if he is chasing Golden Boot).

3. Pep Roulette

He is my captain

1. Weasel Boy

Same just worried cos of FA cup matches.

4. GreennRed

Wi prob sell him, definitely if he blanks tonight. Rashford most likely but Kane also in the running even with his Galway roots!

1. Weasel Boy

Wouldn't be surprised if he blanked tonight.

1. GreennRed

Me neither. Neither him nor his teammates looks tok interested.

27. gers23

Auba hattrik tonight please...

1. Pep Roulette

This

28. mattyb09

I have some clear holes here, alot of value built up in Vardy Ings Salah KDB and Bruno... 2 FT. 0.2 ITB

Thoughts?

Hendo
    TAA Gomez Lascelles
    Salah KDB Bruno Sarr
    Auba Vardy Ings

McCarthy; Hayden O'Connell Williams

Watch List: Doherty, Foden, Jesus, Aurier, Saiss, Kane

29. Sailboats

Anyone else with KDB(c)?

1. La Roja

I dont have him let alone captaining

Gulp

2. gers23

My mini league rival.... comes down to Mount and Auba v Kdb

3. Vimes (No Arsenal Players)

Everyone in my mini league has him, but no captains. He cancels himself out mostly for OR I think.

30. FOO FIGHTER

What about this for a 451?

TAA Aurier Doherty Boly
    Salah Mane Mahrez Son Martial
    Rashford

1. Vimes (No Arsenal Players)

Boly/Aurier/Son are your soft underbelly