One of the world’s best FPL managers, Tom Freeman (aka avfc82), discusses Burnley, Brighton, Oliver McBurnie, Gameweek 37+ plans and more in his regular column.
So, where were we?
The last time I checked in, we were just two games into Gameweek 32+ and I sat 44,693rd overall, with a Wildcard and Bench Boost in hand.
I talked Everton, and specifically Lucas Digne (£5.9m), whilst touching upon Manchester City and how Phil Foden (£5.5m) could be a nice differential for the run-in.
Since then, I’ve used both remaining chips to varying success and have seen my overall rank rise to 17,122.
Despite Everton’s struggles, Digne has two assists in four games with some good upcoming fixtures and whilst Foden registered 12 points shortly after the last article dropped, he’s underwhelmed a little since, though his expected goal involvement (xGI) suggests he’s maybe been a bit unfortunate not to return more.
So, all in all, it’s gone pretty well.
We’re only one game into Gameweek 36+, but for context, here’s how I’m shaping up…
Tom Freeman – aka avfc82 – comes onto the team to make most of us feel wildly insecure about our overall rank history. A long-time Fantasy Football Scout user, he has finished inside the top 1,000 a staggering five times since 2009.
Become a Member and get unrestricted access to our data and articles
Full-year memberships are now available for the price of £17.50. Monthly subscriptions also cost just £2.99.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.