The Telegraph Fantasy Football is free to play and allows Fantasy managers to enter up to five teams without charge.
Private mini-leagues can be set up, while there are prizes awarded in the overall rankings.
How Do I Play?
Managers have to assemble a team of 11 players to score Fantasy points based on their performances in not just the Premier League but also the FA Cup.
A budget of £50m is given to each manager, who are allowed to set their troops up in one of six formations: 4-4-2, 4-3-3, 3-5-2, 4-5-1, 3-4-3 or 5-3-2.
Unlimited transfers are allowed up until kick-off on the first day of the season, with 40 transfers per team allowed thereafter. A maximum of five transfers can be used in any one Game Week, which spans from Tuesday to Monday.
We won’t get too bogged down in the details but there is a ‘two-hour rule’: managers will be able to make transfers between the majority of matches, so long as there are at least two hours between the scheduled kick-off times.
If there is any overlap (eg fixtures at both 1pm and 2pm), then the earliest kick-off time of the overlapping matches will be the transfer deadline for those games.
How Do I Score Points?
Your selected players will score points as follows:
- Starting XI appearance (2 pts)
- Substitute appearance (1 pt)
- Goal scored (5 pts)
- Key Contribution (3 pts)
- Red card (-3 pts)
- Yellow card (-1 pt)
- Missed penalty (-2 pts)
- Own Goal (-3 pts)
- Penalty save (5pts)
- Full Clean Sheet – player plays 60 mins or more (5 pts)
- Part Clean Sheet – player plays fewer than 60 mins (2 pts)
- First goal conceded (0 pts)
- Each additional goal conceded (-1 pt)
Points are not awarded for penalty shoot-outs.
In order to earn a Full Clean Sheet bonus, your player must complete at least 60 minutes of the match and his team must keep a clean sheet for the entire game (excluding penalty shoot-outs).
If a player is on the pitch for less than 60 minutes and his team keeps a clean sheet for the full match, he’ll score a Part Clean Sheet bonus.
Become a Member and get unrestricted access to our data and articles
Full-year memberships are now available for the price of £19.99. Monthly subscriptions also cost just £2.99.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.