Trent Alexander-Arnold (£7.5m) remains absent for Liverpool as their preparations for the 2020/21 campaign continue with the Community Shield final.
The right-back has already missed two pre-season friendlies this summer and, even though Jurgen Klopp said there was a chance he could be involved at Wembley, Neco Williams (£4.0m) has been handed a third-successive start in his place.
It is difficult to be too downbeat regarding Alexander-Arnold’s fitness issues though, considering he is still set to report for England duty on Monday morning.
The rest of Liverpool’s Community Shield line-up is largely as expected with Andrew Robertson (£7.0m), Virgil van Dijk (£6.5m) and Joe Gomez (£5.5m) completing the back-four.
And, of course, Mohamed Salah (£12.0m), Sadio Mané (£12.0m) and Roberto Firmino (£9.5m) comprise the front-three, although, based on Klopp’s pre-match press conference, we could see Rhian Brewster (£4.5m) feature from the bench.
Mikel Arteta may have potentially thrown Fantasy managers a bone with his team selection, handing a start to budget goalkeeper Emiliano Martínez (£4.5m).
The Spaniard has not featured in friendlies for the Gunners yet, Bernd Leno (£5.0m) starting the win at MK Dons, but, at the first chance of availability, he is back in the team following an excellent run of form during Project Restart.
If he were to hold onto the mantel of first-choice at Arsenal, that might ward off interest in William Saliba (£4.5m), who has been named among the substitutes today.
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (£12.0m) is stationed on the left-hand side of the Arsenal front-three, joined there by Bukayo Saka (£5.5m) and Eddie Nketiah (£6.0m).
Interestingly, after spending last season on loan in Turkey, Mohamed Elneny (yet to be priced) starts in central midfield alongside Granit Xhaka (£5.5m).
Liverpool XI (4-3-3): Alisson; Robertson, van Dijk, Gomez, N Williams; Wijnaldum, Milner, Fabinho; Mané, Firmino, Salah.
Arsenal XI (3-4-3): Martínez; Tierney, Holding, D Luiz; Maitland-Niles, Xhaka, Elneny, Bellerín; Aubameyang, Nketiah, Saka.
Become a Member and get unrestricted access to our data and articles
Full-year memberships are now available for the price of £19.99. Monthly subscriptions also cost just £2.99. A FREE trial is now available during December.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.