With so many goals already this season, it’s all about strikers in Fantasy Premier League – but which ones should we sell, keep or buy?
We have already witnessed 103 goals over the first 28 matches of the campaign, an average of 3.68 per game. To put that into perspective, the previous Premier League record across the course of a full season was an average of 2.82 goals per game.
With nets bulging up and down the country, it is natural to assume that the bulk of the goals will be scored by strikers and, with the new handball regulations leading to more penalties being awarded, it is only natural to favour front-men on spot kick duties.
For example, the following forwards take penalties for their respective clubs:
- Neal Maupay (£6.5m) – Brighton
- Chris Wood (£6.5m) – Burnley
- Richarlison (£8.0m) – Everton
- Aleksandar Mitrovic (£6.0m) – Fulham
- Jamie Vardy (£10.0m) – Leicester City
- Callum Wilson (£6.4m) – Newcastle
- Danny Ings (£8.4m) – Southampton
- Harry Kane (£10.5m) – Spurs
- Charlie Austin/Hal Robson-Kanu (£5.4m) – West Brom
- Michail Antonio (£6.4m) – West Ham
- Raul Jimenez (£8.6m) – Wolves
That’s a pretty large share out of the 20 teams. So, while 3-5-2 has been gaining popularity over the last few years, the number of penalty takers available at budget prices in forward positions may very well help cement the classic 3-4-3 as the preferred formation.
But do we want to be investing in strikers who rely exclusively on penalties? While there could be merit in that approach, surely we want to investing those who offer plenty of threat from open play as well.
So, let’s have a look how the league’s strikers have done so far using the Fantasy Football Scout Premium Members Area.
Become a Member and get unrestricted access to our data and articles
Full-year memberships are now available for the price of £19.99. Monthly subscriptions also cost just £2.99.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.