Pro Pundits - Az

My FPL tips for those struggling after a chaotic start to the 2020/21 season

FPL BlackBox co-host and three-time top 10k finisher Az discusses thinking with a clear head, the move away from ‘big at the back’ and form over fixtures in his latest Pro Pundits article.

What is happening? Why is football broken? That’s what I keep asking myself week after week as new, crazy things keep occurring.

As it stands, I’m having my worst start to a season ever but given all that’s been going on, I’m trying to take it in my stride. Trying to get to grips with this season is proving to be an impossible task and if you’ve managed it, well hats off to you. But if you are like me and haven’t quite got a handle on it yet, well, there’s plenty of time to go.

2019/2020

2020/2021

I’m having an even worse start to the season than I did last year.

My last article called for patience and calm amongst the madness, but it’s hard to stay cool and collected when Aston Villa are putting seven goals past Liverpool and Son Heung-Min (£9.0m) is plundering another mega-haul.

It’s typical that Mark and I started FPL BlackBox this season, attempting to scrutinise our decision-making process when everything is so turbulent. It feels that patience often goes unrewarded, but equally, acting bravely and decisively can cause similar problems. I really feel for the people who took out Son this week based on Jose Mourinho’s comments – or for those who, like me, have stuck with Timo Werner (£9.3m) hoping that he will deliver on all of his promises when he signed for Chelsea.

The roughs on the Scoutcast’s ‘Rough with the Smooth’ have never been rougher. I’ve seen a multitude of people losing 30+ points on seemingly perfectly fine transfers on paper.

So what can we take from this crazy start? Should we be changing the way we play the game to compensate for the madness or will things start to settle down? What can we, as FPL managers, do to fight back against the madness of the 2020/21 season?

Analyse the decisions not the outcome

It was key when I started up FPL BlackBox that I wouldn’t just be looking at decisions purely in hindsight and would instead be assessing whether the actual decision and thought process that went into it was sound – or whether there were flaws to make a note of.

The fact is, there have been decisions made this season which, whatever way you look at it, were good decisions with an awful end result.

The main example for me is this week, with managers taking out Son due to a half-time substitution and a ‘confirmed’ hamstring injury that would rule him out for weeks.

For those that didn’t want to hold a £9.0m asset in their team, and instead wanted to try their luck with the likes of Riyad Mahrez (£8.5m), Marcus Rashford (£9.5m) or Harvey Barnes (£7.1m), I applaud the decision. I would absolutely have made the same move if I had him; I couldn’t be benching a premium asset like that with so much potential for points in the players in the price bracket around him.

But then, I am equally impressed by those who decided to hold. If you saw through Mourinho’s apparent deception and kept the South Korean, you were richly rewarded.

This is quite simply, the kind of decision that makes FPL such a wonderful, yet excruciating game. You can’t expect the level of punishment/reward for those who made the ‘wrong’ decision.

On the other hand, separate horror stories I feel do have some learnings for us to take. I’ve read about people who transferred out Jack Grealish (£7.1m) for James Maddison (£7.0m) for a hit. Or others who sold Ollie Watkins (£5.9m) for Raul Jimenez (£8.6m). Of course, a hit comes with an inherent set of risks but I do appreciate that one single transfer costing managers around 20 points of damage is tough to take.

But looking at things logically: if you weren’t on a Wildcard, did Grealish really need to leave your team so urgently despite not really putting a foot wrong so far? Were there really no other fires you had to put out before making that move? Watkins hadn’t scored leading up to the win over Liverpool but had looked lively. Underlying stats also didn’t indicate that Wolves would maul Fulham. Watkins had only had two games to prove his worth so perhaps losing patience with him immediately was a little short-sighted.

Similarly, for those, like me, who kept Werner. Why were his lack of goals, out-of-position tag and fairly laborious play up to now not enough to convince you to move him on? And if you are intent on keeping him for another week, ask yourself: are your reasons for this sound or are you just refusing to accept a mistake?

Of course, there’s an element of hindsight here (as there is when any decision doesn’t go your way) but it’s the repeated mistakes we are looking for. When you keep making these decisions and they keep backfiring, well… did I ever tell you the definition of insanity? It’s doing the same thing… over and over again… and expecting different results (thanks, Vaas).

Back form over fixture

The FPL Eye Test - Gameweek 3 3

I think now might be the time for us to consider that in the current climate, form trumps fixtures. It appears to me that teams are perhaps feeling less pressure without crowds to grind out hard-fought scrappy wins, and are throwing caution to the wind a bit more and really trying to get at teams.

At the moment, it’s almost impossible to really put your finger on what is a good or bad fixture. Teams like Manchester United and Liverpool are suddenly leaking six and seven goals, West Brom are putting three past Chelsea after 20 minutes, and Wolves and Leicester have both just been thrashed by West Ham.

Caveats to this may be seen in Burnley and Fulham – and West Brom defensively – who really do look to be struggling due to the personnel at their disposal. But aside from perhaps targeting players who play for these three teams, I’m much more inclined than in previous seasons to be looking at the underlying stats and form of players, while paying less attention to what games they have coming up.

A good example of this is Neal Maupay (£6.6m), who I have brought in this week. In his last three games, he’s scored 30 points despite tricky visits to St James Park and Goodison Park and hosting Manchester United at home.

Equally, Michael Antonio (£6.3m) may be a shrewd pick despite playing Spurs, Liverpool and City in his next three games as he looks absolutely electric.

I’ve also made a move for Dominic Calvert-Lewin (£7.6m), who faces Liverpool next but is the in-form striker in the league. It just doesn’t seem sensible to wait, when it feels like any team (even Liverpool!) can capitulate at any moment.

Essentially, I wouldn’t be put off by a player who faces a tricky run at the moment, because I simply don’t know what a tricky fixture looks like anymore. I think we can work this to our advantage. Bring in players who pass the eye test, who have strong underlying stats and are playing for teams with an air of confidence about them, and I reckon you’ll do just fine.

Move away from four at the back?

Another decision I’ve made this week is to abandon my 4-4-2 formation and rejig the structure of my squad.

With Allison (£6.0m) out for a prolonged period, I do wonder about the impact this will have on Liverpool defensive assets – as we saw last season (and even against Aston Villa), Adrian (£4.5m) can’t hold a candle to his illustrious Brazilian counterpart.

With the attacking threat of Andy Robertson (£7.0m) and Trent Alexander-Arnold (£7.5m), keeping one does still seem sensible. But I feel like anyone with the double-up must surely be considering moving one on for pastures new.

Similarly, the likes of Lucas Digne (£6.1m), Ben Chilwell (£5.6m), Nelson Semedo (£5.5m) all still look fine players, due to the quality of both the chances they both have and create – but really, given the carnage that is currently happening in the Premier League, my money is on more goals. And surely this means that backing attacking players in midfield and up front is the most sensible way to go.

With affordable strikers such as Antonio, Watkins, Maupay, Patrick Bamford (£5.8m) and Callum Wilson (£6.4m), not to mention mid-priced midfield assets such as Jarrod Bowen (£6.3m), Matheus Pereira (£6.0m) and Grealish, in my opinion, anyone still playing four at the back should be looking to make the switch to a 3-5-2 or 3-4-3 formation. I’d advocate keeping Alexander-Arnold or Robertson, grabbing a £6.0m/£5.5m defender with attacking potential and pair with one of Kyle Walker-Peters (£4.5m), Tariq Lamptey (£4.7m) or Luke Ayling/Stuart Dallas (£4.5m). This, coupled with a £4.5m goalkeeper, allows you to really maximise your other slots to get the most attacking players possible.

Things will get better

Leeds defence boosted by return of Cooper as Mitrovic starts for Fulham

If you’re like me and struggling, my final message is one of hope. If you’re reading this article, you’re probably quite into Fantasy Football. You probably spend a fair bit of time scrutinising stats, listening to podcasts, weighing up whether Luke Ayling (£4.5m) is a better option than Stuart Dallas (£4.5m) (I think it’s pretty damn close, by the way).

Eventually, the effort we put in will win out and we will start to ascend the ranks. Whether this happens due to us adapting to the chaos or the Premier League settling down into more familiar territory remains to be seen, of course.

But surely, this can’t go on for another 34 weeks… can it?

Full-year memberships are now available for the price of £19.99. Monthly subscriptions also cost just £2.99.

Az Follow me on Twitter : @ffscout_az” Follow him on Twitter

1. Somar

I'm confused. Is Son COVID-19 positive or not?

1. Bielsa's Blue Bucket

Oh ffs, tell me you're joking

2. ZimZalabim

where did u hear this ?

can u share a link ?

3. TeddiPonza

Fake news on twitter

4. Somar

Nevermind. An FPL account tweeted it but it's a joke

1. Don Kloppeone

Thanks for clearing that up. Not the greatest way to be the top post 😆

5. Tcheco

Would be a disaster. Already brought him in for Auba to avoid a potential 0.2 price swing. Need it to fit Mane back in eventually

6. Don Kloppeone

? Source?

7. Scots Gooner

Thanks for the heart attack : )

2. Bielsa's Blue Bucket

Any news on when the 2 fixtures from GW1 will be slotted into the schedule? Wildcard hanging in the balance

1. Bielsa's Blue Bucket

Cheers mate

3. Pep Roulette

Anything about Lamptey's injury status?

4. Don Kloppeone

Apologies in advance this is a long post. If you can face reading it, I’d be keen to know if anyone agrees!

There seems to be a growing school of thought on here that playing a WC is akin to a permanent decision point for your team. Don’t get me wrong, you should never play a WC with just 1-2 GWs in mind or to kneejerk in all of last week’s scorers..... BUT at the same time, the chip doesn’t create a dead team that you aren’t allowed to adapt or even plan to adapt if teams/ players change. At the end of the day, we are still given FTs in the weeks following a WC for a reason.

Case in point - I am heavily leaning towards leaving out KDB (or any MCI mid) from my WC team. I wholeheartedly believe that he is still going to end up the best FPL asset by the end of the season. BUT for whatever reason, MCI are in a rut and there is a higher chance of him having to play in positions that hinder his FPL points. At the same time players such as Kane and Son are in a purple patch and so to jump on that form and have a team that includes both of them, some value forwards, Robbo, Salah, Rodriguez, Grealish is difficult to argue against.

Now let’s say worst case scenario that you go for that on WC and it doesn’t work out - Kane does a Kane and stops scoring, MCI and KDB rediscover their mojo - why is it so heinous to use a couple of FTs/ -4 to make the switch? Imagine you lost out on one monster haul - there are plenty of ways to make back 20-30pts over the season.

There seemed to be a lot of people laughing at the prospect of leaving out KDB/ Sterling on WC. Surely it should be a balance of setting medium term shape of the team and jumping on form players- no reason why you can’t react to any changes afterwards using transfers.

Rant over! Let me know if you agree. Thanks for reading War and Peace 😉

1. skodaole2

I agree with the short term plan when you WC, however I don’t think you should chase lost points. Kane and Son scored, KDB didn’t. Whoever takes a WC now has to decide who scores from now on. Especially after a two weeks break with many games for many players and the virus everywhere. I think after the break everything is possible, Ars to beat MCI or MCI to win 5-0. Same for all teams, teams in form may lose the momentum and teams out of form may take advantage of the break. So just go with your gut. Transfers and hits are there to correct any “mistakes” and good use of them makes all the difference in this game

1. Don Kloppeone

Thanks for the reply. I did specifically say I didn’t think a WC should be for chasing points. However I don’t see getting in a Kane/ Son double up right now as being chasing because they look great both from a stats and eye test perspective.

For sure anything can happen but I don’t think you can only hope to use FTs for correcting ‘mistakes’. At least unless you don’t buy into upside chasing and jumping on form.

2. Rhinos

People will tell you to get the players they have and most have KDB. It's your wildcard put who you want in, no city is fine

1. Don Kloppeone

I agree mate. Just fancied trying to pick holes in the way of thinking lol

3. Hakim Ziyech

Yes, you are right, I think this approach will come good

1. Don Kloppeone

Cheers mate! Let’s hope so!

4. noquarternt

You’re right, perfectly so.

People just tell you to get players they already own or who scored points last week.

I have Foden and Mahrez from City who are only just behind KDB and Sterling on points yet are a fraction of the cost. (And I’ve got Salah so don’t need to worry about captaincy aspect).

But everyone says ‘get KDB’.

Get the players you want and own the decision whether it goes well or fails. (I’m looking at a Bale and Son double up :O )

5. camarozz

Very tempted by Cresswell.. If ur going form over fixtures of course..

4.9m..

Thoughts?

1. FC Hakkebøf

Not with those fixtures

1. camarozz

He's just played wolves and Leicester and come away with 22pts??

1. Rhinos

fiĺl your boots then and let is know how many points he gets over the next few

2. Don Kloppeone

Not won over by his stats. Dallas seems better for 0.4 less.

3. Hakim Ziyech

I honestly get the appeal but I will rather wait for better fixtures because any bad performance from west ham could easily affect both points & value of Cresswell(price drop)

4. Africa United

Nice pick indeed but just not necessary can wait till week 8

6. camarozz

Good point but... I can have Salah/Son/Kane/DCL and or Grealish/Jrod with Kdb albeit losing Pool defence... Let's say I don't bother with Kdb who can I really replace him with if I have the above with him???

1. camarozz

Reply fail to @Don above..

1. Don Kloppeone

Thanks mate

2. Don Kloppeone

Was that reply fail to me?

If I go 3-5-2 then can have Kane, Son, DCL, KDB, Salah, JRod/ Grealish but will have a far weaker defence and have to play one of Brewster or Jorginho/ March etc each week which may not be great!

7. hshepherd

KDB + Jimenez >> Son + Kane for -4 to target the next four fixtures?

Focus should be on removing weak players.

2. UnitedRthebest

I like it if you are a upside chaser.

3. Captain Berbarossa - arrrrr…

Just a heads up that Jimenez is gonna score big GW5 cos I just transferred him out for Kane. Have managed this season to transfer out Son (twice), Watkins and Hamez a week before they had big hauls so obviously Jimenez is going to get a haul GW5.

1. Rhinos

you're not that important

2. Bielsa's Blue Bucket

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results

3. Blueberg

I have Jiminez, so I will go forward also hoping that the world revolves around you.

1. Captain Berbarossa - arrrrr…

You're welcome 😉

4. Hakim Ziyech

Sold Vardy & Son before they hauled. Thanks for the heads up, I’ve got Jimmy and I will definitely keep him for the season, grab those steady points & run away

5. cutch

I have Jimenez, so thanks a lot!

6. Cruyff's Eleven

When was the last time Jiminez hauled?

Exactly.

4. nibby

Hey Fellas, Care to comment on my WC team?

Martinez Forster
      Robertson Chilwell Aurier Ayling Dunne
      Salah Son James Grealish ?
      Kane DCL ?

Should i get Zaha (play 3-5-2) or Maupay (3-4-3l ? Any other suggestions? Feel like Aurier would be the first choice RB after his performance against united. Thanks!

1. FourLokoLeipzig

1. I Must Break You

6. CBS

A: KWP and Bruno Fernandes
        Or
        B: Robertson and James rodriguez

1. I Must Break You

I'd go B, but who the hell knows

2. cutch

B for me, but not by much

• cutch

What time of the night do prices update? (sorry if it's been asked a lot of times)

1. Scholes Out Forever

in about 40-45 mins mate

1. cutch

Thanks

• Scholes Out Forever

Werner + Burke + James --> Brewster + Son + Robbo (-8) Worth it? Have exact money so terrified of Son rise tonight. Really dont want to do it so early into the IB but really hating these price rises

1. baines is god

Not worth an 8 point hit, figure out a smarter way to do it over the next 2 weeks, why do you need robertson this week for example away at everton

1. Scholes Out Forever

fair point, just not enough money to make that move later

Can always just do Werner --> Kane and figure out another way to get a Pool defender

2. Pukki Blinders

-8’s don’t work most times, this included

• baines is god

Squad A (wildcard)
        Ryan Nyland
        Justin Lamptey Taylor Saiss Semedo
        De Bruyne Salah Zaha Son Bissuma
        Mitro Bamford Kane

Squad B (Current)
        McCarthy Nyland
        TAA Robbo Shaw Justin Vinagre
        Romeu Stephens Salah Son Podence
        Kane Maupey Vardy

Is Squad A so significantly better than Squad B that I should consider using my wildcard even this early?

1. Scholes Out Forever

I wouldnt wc, your current team is strong

Maybe just Vardy out to DCL and upgrade Romeu or Vinagre

2. Pukki Blinders

Doesn’t need a WC imo, though I’d downgrade Vardy and upgrade your mid

1. baines is god

Cheers for feedback. I've used my 2 FT's already for Squad B getting in Son and Maupey for Mount and Ings so wouldn't be able to do any more. Was thinking about downgrading Vardy but think next 3 gameweeks for him Villa H, Ars A, Lei A could be really priftable

3. ZimZalabim

I prefer ur current team just needs 2 or 3 changes tops
          agree on vardy downgrade to dcl but that can wait a week
          I would downgrade one of trent or robbo this week
          then use that money plus the money from vardy to dcl to improve ur midfield

save ur wc for -4 over two weeks u can sort ur teams issues

1. baines is god

I know having two 4.5 midfielders isn't great.

Podence has 3 great fixtures in a row now. I hope he can produce something.
            Son and Salah are the best attackers and very in form.

Not sure about replacing TAA or Robbo when their two fixtures after Everton are WHU and SU both at home

1. ZimZalabim

downgrading one of trent or robbo was just a suggestion for a move this week to release funds but didnt realise u had used ur fts.
              I think ur pretty set then for this week just drop vardy then after this week, even if he has decent fixtures hes relying on pens and Vardy plus a 4.5 mid or Shaw vs DCL plus 7m mid, the second combo is much better.

But in any case which move u make is up to u. My only advice is dont use ur Wildcard ur current team is in pretty great shape.

1. baines is god

cheers for feedback and will consider things re Vardy, will be watching how involved he is closely this weekend!

• Sloane426

Saiss or Lamptey?

• Major League Shocker

Andy has evidently joined the crowd of people making transfers for a hit at the beginning of an international break with multiple rounds of international fixtures yet to come:

I just don't get this. We've witnessed loads of kneejerk wildcards and hits failing every week (as documented on Rough with the Smooth), yet people who don't normally take lots of hits see this and decide to take hits, and do so long before the deadline?

Don't get me wrong, I still think there will be a time for aggressive play this season, but only once results become more predictable.

1. Major League Shocker

(Nothing personal against Andy btw. I admire him for speaking eloquently against kneejerking on his Sunday stream, so I'm just disappointed to see him do this.)

2. UNDERWORLD7

and? So what?

1. Major League Shocker

I know, at some level I shouldn't care. I guess I just like hearing a range of opinions from various podcasts, and used to feel that I would get the patient manager's view from people like Joe and Andy, while getting the aggressive manager's view from people like Lateriser and FML FPL Walsh.

Not that they owe it to their listeners to never change, but it just surprises me -- most of all that this year's conditions would cause them to change in that way. Trying to make sense of a strange year of FPL.

3. Hotdogs for Tea

I have done 2 transfers for a -4 to avoid price drops and get price rises .... like Andy I still have the insurance of my WC to deal with any issues that may hit my team - going early but being prepared to use your WC (I nearly played it anyway) is boxing clever imho 😉

4. Az

I made two transfers for a -4 earlier in the week.
          So far, that's netted me 0.4 value

If DCL goes up again + Werner drops, that's 0.6

That's worth the risk. Simple as that really.

• FabzGuitar

Does anyone know if Jorginho is worth keeping in the squad. What's his chances of starting once everyone is back from the international's?

1. whitepool

It is hard for me to figure out who will replace him if Lampard continues playing 4-2-3-1. I think he is a hold until we know more because if he continues at anywhere near his current pace of PKs, he will turn out to be a cut price Bruno from last year. Given Chelsea's speed and attacking mindset, I think the PK's are forseeable.

2. Hotdogs for Tea

Lampard dropped him last season ... he will again this season when all are fit with Kante in the defensive mid role in a 4123 or 433

Azpil Zouma Silva Chilwell
          Kante
          Ziyech, Mount, Pulisic,
          Abraham Werner

This is what it should be 😉
          Azpil Zouma Silva Chilwell
          Kante
          Ziyech, Havertz, Mount, Pulisic
          Giroud/Abraham

Havertz is a threat to all of them and will probably start somewhere, Kovacic a threat to many of them ... can’t see Kante & Jorginho both playing in the near future

1. FabzGuitar

Would maybe move to Mount but not even he seems like he's guaranteed a spot on the pitch. Chelsea's xG look good but who in midfield is the best pick on a small budget

• Cruyff's Eleven

A. KDB + Wilson or
        B. Graelish + Kane

I already have Son.....

1. UNDERWORLD7

A, trust kdb over kane any day, and i don't get all this grealish love at all.

2. waldo666

• NATSTER

Any 4.0 Defender worth the spot in the squad please?

It's now unlikely for Dunne to have minutes, right?
        What's about Ferguson?

1. NATSTER

Oh.. Just seen Branthwaite now available at 3.9. He could be ideal for filling the spot, but eating Everton qouta.

• Ragabolly

Rises: Mings (5.1)

Falls: Doucouré (5.4) Gray (5.3) Hayden (4.9) Kanté (4.9) Kebano (4.8) Virgínia (4.4) Moore (4.4) Branthwaite (3.9)

1. cravencottage

Son stays put again

1. cruzex

Why?

1. TorresMagic™ - 48n69x

Price protection.

1. NATSTER

How long do you think?

2. waldo666

Cheers Ragabolly.

3. Ragabolly

Cheers all, we finally have our 3.9 defender!

1. sandman58

I need a 3.9 goalkeeper lol

4. ZimZalabim

finally the arrival of a 3.9

Cheers

5. Stupendous

How the heck?

Fpl statistics had nothing of the sort with Mings rising!

What's a reliable site?

I'm on WC also

1. Stupendous

No Martinez rise???

2. Major League Shocker

FPLstatistics can only guess how many people are transferring in or out a given player on WC (which doesn't affect price changes) vs. not on WC. Even if it knows the algorithm perfectly, it is missing a key piece of information needed to compute the final predictions accurately.

Think of it this way: The job of a price prediction site is to figure out a certain function f(x) that predicts price changes. Maybe the computer figures out it is f(x) = 2.57738694x + 3.76245489. If I don't know what x is, then it's not very helpful to know the constants in the function, I am still missing a necessary piece of information to compute f(x).

3. Major League Shocker

Presumably most Mings buyers were not on WC, while most Martinez buyers were on WC. FPLstatistics, or any other price change site, has no way to know this, because it is not public knowledge that anyone played their WC until the deadline passes.

6. spursthecircus

Come on Son.................

• Albrightondknight

Cheers.

• Baines on Toast...

Price protection surely a big problem at this point? After Rodriguez early in the season as well. Allows huge swings in ownership with no change in price.

Once a player has played, there should be no protection.

• Railwayman

I play fpl for 13 years and still don't get this price protection stuff...

7. olidooley

Steer Lamptey,Mitchell,Stephens

A) Maupay,Lamptey,Stephens
          B) Brewster,Grealish,Killman

Which on?

Currently on wildcard.

1. Albrightondknight

Go with B I think. The 3 defenders with the B option are good enough for a 352 if Mitchell keeps his place he is good for the bench. The same applies with Brewster. If he plays a 4.5 forward is a gift.

1. Chelsea91

thanks mate

9. mranonymous

Is Bellerin nailed? Or could Cedric or Maitland-Niles potentially threaten his place?

1. Big_Andy_GAWA

Can Maitland-Niles play RB/RWB?! Is he not solely left side defender/midfielder?
            Cédric is a rotation threat, but Belerín is first choice at the time at least. Cédric will get Cup games and Europa League (away things stand)

2. Live Lad

He is nailed. Cedric for cup games.

10. Sloane426

(A) Taa + Grealish + Maupay
          (B) Saiss + Rodríguez + Ings

1. Live Lad

If you still have the WC, B. Because TAA will come good again. All player in B are solid.

2. Africa United

11. Live Lad

McCarthy
          Saiss, TAA, Mitchell, Castagne
          Salah, KDB, Mahrez
          Adams, Kane, DCL

Subs: Nyland, Soucek, Bissouma, Ferguson

Keep Mahrez for a week? or do
          (1) Mahrez + Adams to Son + Brewster (-4)
          (2) Mahrez + Castagne to Son + Konsa/ Zouma/ Lamptey (-4)
          (3) Save

12. Slitherene

Player (fixture) : CS Odds %

A) Taylor (wba) : 30%
          B) Coady (lee) : 32%
          C) Justin (AVL) : 33%

Select ONE to bench?

1. Africa United

Bench. A. Bamford. (WOL)
            B. Jrodriguez. (LIV)

2. Africa United

Sorry reply fail
            Bench Justin for me

13. Chelsea91

Fix my WC, thoughts on this?

Martinez
          Robbo,Dallas,Chillwell
          Salah,Son,Kdb,James,Grealish
          Dcl,Wilson

Steer Brewster,Mitchell,Killman

14. mrrahrah

Sorry if this has been asked by others I’m just trying to balance out whether I should go for Maupay or grealish, I know they are different positions but trying to work out who is going to be better value next 5 game weeks or so.

Cheers

1. Chelsea91

Grealish, on set piece

1. Kakashi Of The Leaf

No Barkley is. Lol

1. Chelsea91

Grealish on penalty

1. Kakashi Of The Leaf

Get your facts right. Grealish took one and missed it. El Ghazi took 2 with Grealish on the pitch. I think it will be Barkley

1. ppv

No-one knows who Villa's penalty taker will be. Unlikely to be Grealish after his last effort imo. Probably Barkley or even Watkins. Time will tell. Even Grealish said El Ghazi was best penalty taker at the club but unlikely to get many minutes.

15. Kakashi Of The Leaf

Wolves performance is putting me off Jimenez.

1. PL Ball

Will probably give him one more chance in my team.

16. stxrty

Morning DZ.

Currently on a back three of Dallas, Chilwell & TAA.

Not 100% set on Chilwell, thoughts on an alternative?

1. Chelsea91