Joe and Az are joined by FPL Family’s Lee to look ahead to Gameweek 6.
For once this season the entire Scoutcast crew had a great Gameweek, thanks to some honesty from Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola over the absence of Kevin De Bruyne (£11.5m).
The Belgian’s injury opened the door to a flurry of Wildcards from Az and Lee and gave Joe the opportunity to roll back the years and place his trust in Harry Kane (£10.8m) as captain.
With premium picks like the Spurs striker performing well each week, many Fantasy Premier League managers are adjusting the way they approach the game.
Accepting the “opportunity cost” of switching heavy hitters and targeting as many captainable assets as possible are among the strategies Joe, Az and Lee discuss.
Could Liverpool defenders make way? That’s certainly an option being considered by Joe as he looks to shoehorn a Liverpool midfielder in his already premium-heavy side. But is Sadio Mane (£11.9m) over Mohamed Salah (£12.3m) really “trying to be too clever” as Az suggests?
Aston Villa’s cheaper assets could be the enablers FPL managers need, especially ahead of a long, kind run of games. The merits of the likes of Jack Grealish (£7.2m) and Ross Barkley (£5.9m) are among Villa players the crew consider.
There’s a smoother edition of Rough with the Smooth this week, fixtures to frisk and captaincy and transfer plans to reveal.
In addition, Lee takes his turn to pick a differential. If he can select a player who actually sets foot on the pitch, he has already done better than Joe’s failed selections so far this campaign.
In addition, the Scoutcast and all our other podcasts are now also available via our Soundcloud channel.
If you’re a traditional type, you can acquire the mp3 audio version via this link or the first player below. Or you can take in the full visual experience via the second player below.
Become a Member and get unrestricted access to our data and articles
Full-year memberships are now available for the price of £19.99. Monthly subscriptions also cost just £2.99.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.