Liverpool have been handed a much-needed boost at the back for their Gameweek 6 meeting with Sheffield United.
With Virgil van Dijk‘s (£6.4m) long-term injury still fresh in Jurgen Klopp’s mind, he welcomes back first-choice goalkeeper Alisson (£5.9m) from his shoulder problem.
It is a first start since Gameweek 3 for the Brazilian, Liverpool giving up nine goals in two matches during his absence.
That development is sure to be music to the ears of Trent Alexander-Arnold (£7.4m) and Andrew Robertson (£7.1m) owners, who sit in 35.6% and 19% of team respectively.
However, there is arguably even more exciting news further up the pitch for Liverpool, as this week’s most captained player worldwide Mohamed Salah (£12.4m) could well be handed a centre-forward role.
Diogo Jota (£6.3m) has been welcomed into the starting line-up for a rare foray into a 4-2-3-1 formation, which also features Roberto Firmino (£9.3m) and Sadio Mané (£12.0m).
It has been some time since we have seen Klopp shape his troops in this way, but the last time a fourth attacking midfielder was added to the team, Firmino was handed a number 10 role behind Salah.
Meanwhile, interest in Sheffield United assets continues to wane, with Rhian Brewster (£4.5m) the only player owned by more than 7% for Gameweek 6.
He starts against his former club, paired with Oli McBurnie (£5.7m) up-front.
Liverpool XI: Alisson; Robertson, Gomez, Fabinho, Alexander-Arnold; J Henderson, Wijnaldum; Mané, Firmino, D Jota; Salah.
Sheffield United XI: Ramsdale; Ampadu, Egan, Basham; Stevens, Osborn, Berge, Lundstram, Baldock; Brewster, McBurnie.
LESSONS LEARNED FROM FPL GAMEWEEK 6
- Aston Villa 0-3 Leeds United
- West Ham United 1-1 Manchester City
- Fulham 1-2 Crystal Palace
- Manchester United 0-0 Chelsea
- Liverpool 2-1 Sheffield United
- Southampton 2-0 Everton
- Wolves 1-1 Newcastle United
- Arsenal 0-1 Leicester City
- Brighton and Hove Albion 1-1 West Bromwich Albion
- Burnley 0-1 Tottenham Hotspur
Become a Member and get unrestricted access to our data and articles
Full-year memberships are now available for the price of £19.99. Monthly subscriptions also cost just £2.99. A FREE trial is now available during December.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.