Pro Pundits - Tom

Five-time top 1k finisher Tom Freeman on Leeds, Chilwell and his Gameweek 7 plans

One of the best FPL managers in the business, Tom Freeman, discusses Patrick Bamford, Ben Chilwell’s creativity and the best West Ham United assets, plus reveals his Gameweek 7 team and captaincy decisions.

We’re now six Gameweeks into this turbulent Fantasy Premier League (FPL) season, and it’s been a positive start for me.

Despite missing Son Heung-min (£9.5m) and Harry Kane’s (£10.9m) hauls at Southampton and Manchester United, I sit 140,693rd overall, with 70 points in Gameweek 6 taking me to a total of 389.

Patrick Bamford (£5.9m) was the star of the show but there were also returns for six others, including defenders Luke Ayling (£4.5m) and James Justin (£4.8m).

LEEDS UNITED

Bamford has now scored six goals in as many games for Leeds United this season.

For a player who has often been criticised for his profligacy in front of goal, it’s been some turnaround, something he acknowledges himself:

The last time [I was in the Premier League], maybe people said I wasn’t ready – but I didn’t have a proper go at it. It is a fresh start for me to prove I belong here. If I keep on doing it the boys will be happy and I’ll be happy. This time I have a manager who believes in me and, as long as I keep working hard, he will keep trusting me.

The stats are certainly stacking up in Bamford’s favour.

Before I sign off, earlier this week I was fortunate enough to join fellow Pro Pundits Lateriser and Zophar for a chat on The FPL Wire.

We talked strategy, plans going forward, Everton and Manchester City assets, mid-price midfielders plus loads more.

The chat complements this column, and goes a bit deeper into some of the subjects covered, so if you’re into that kind of thing check it out on the link below.

Thanks for reading… until next time.

Full-year memberships are now available for the price of £19.99. Monthly subscriptions also cost just £2.99.

avfc82 https://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/894/history”

1. Gudjohnsen
    1 month, 1 day ago

Would you do Havertz to Grealish this gw?

1. afsr
      1 month, 1 day ago

i would, Grealish is looking great

2. Football creep

nooooo

3. Dexters Laboratory
        1 month, 1 day ago

I might be as well if Hav blanks

• seanie3
        1 month, 1 day ago

yes Havertz not fully adjusted yet, not really involved enough for me..

4. afsr
      1 month, 1 day ago

Is Jimenez to Bamford worth a hit this week?

1. No Professionals

hell no

2. Football creep

nooooo

3. All about the galacticos
        1 month, 1 day ago

jimi with his one goal, you'll need a bamford brace just to break even - No

4. Dexters Laboratory

Definitely not

5. Gudjohnsen

Never

1. Gudjohnsen

Sorry reply fail to ASFR

6. Atimis
        1 month, 1 day ago

Bamford as a Maupay replacement or should get Antonio if fit?

1. Hansel

If fit Antonio, if not Bamford looks nice

1. Dexters Laboratory
              1 month, 1 day ago

This is what I'll probably do

2. manu4life99
            1 month, 1 day ago

Same dilemma. Antonio was the plan but sounds like he is inj for a while

3. Kay317
            1 month, 1 day ago

I'm struggling with the same decision. I bought Maupay coz he's been looking very dangerous and he's only blanked twice since I've owned him but feel like the value of Bamford is too much to ignore.

4. Tony Martial

Adams

2. Hansel
          1 month, 1 day ago

Which option gets the most points this week?

A) TAA (WHU), Grealish (SOU), Mitro (WBA) with Son captain
          B) Mitchell (wol), Podence (CRY), Kane (BHA) with Kane captain

1. Karan14

2. Daniel - Go Granville

Kane

3. Dexters Laboratory

• Kannbury

A.

• jonnybhoy
              1 month, 1 day ago

Would you do any of the below?

A) TAA + Jiminez to Targett and Kane for free?
              B Same as above plus Podence to Zaha for -4pts?

1. All about the galacticos

2. Karan14

Yup I would do A

3. pingissimus

Did it but for Dallas

Don't see Zaha as a hit. Have him and will be holding but not a priority move.

4. Dexters Laboratory

5. Daniel - Go Granville
                1 month, 1 day ago

Great save by Mendy. If that was Kepa it was a goal.

I am convinced.

I might double up with Chilwell and Zouma.

Best defense with Wolves atm

6. Daniel - Go Granville
                1 month, 1 day ago

Ziyech being excellent. He was missed

7. pingissimus
                1 month, 1 day ago

Not this week but thoughts on DCL to Bamford to get Sterling or KdB from Havertz?

Alternative route is to move Kane back into midfield and hold DCL a bit and go 3-5-2 holding Havertz a while longer

Team as is

Guaita
                Robbo Saiss Dallas (Lamptey if Saiss goes)
                Son Zaha Rodriguez Havertz
                Kane Ings DCL

1. Amey
                  1 month, 1 day ago

If you need cash Ings to Adams isn't the worst downgrade

1. pingissimus

Fair call

Adams over Mitro looks as if it was correct preseason no 🙂 But have just parted with Jim and won't be letting go of Ings. He's there until he's busted likely.

Slightly cross with myself for not backing Bamford earlier.

1. Amey
                      1 month, 1 day ago

We all lost bamford in all noise that he's sh.t sadly.
                      Bdw i wanted to know do you know whether Ward is first choice RB ?
                      What about Dann ?

Asking for a draft game

1. pingissimus
                        1 month, 1 day ago

Yep - All but got him in a few weeks back. Reckoned then he was getting enough tap ins to be able to match DCL for value.

Clueless about Palace defence. Dann could be ok but he's really just one more walking injury who just happens to be uninjured right now as I see it. Not exactly a long haul selection

1. Amey

Sighh
                          You want entry in that man's Defense don't you 😀
                          Thanks...
                          Hopefully Ward remains first choice....

And re bamford i think fixtures aren't that great so I'm staying away atm

1. pingissimus
                            1 month, 1 day ago

Got Guaita on WC and those last minute goals are really punishing me. Had a golden couple of weeks but the lost 14 points (cs and bonuses) are really painful.

(Also made the mistake of checking the score of my team if I had left it as a dead team. Down 28 points from 348. On permacaptain Kane and not Vardy I would be something like 380 - and that's all with Soucek as my third mid and a non-existent VVD.)

1. Amey

Ooff
                              That's harsh yeah ..

I'm doing pathetic 😀

3.5m OR ! Nothing going right. Actually more into the draft game this season. FPL is .... Boring atm as nothing is going right

1. pingissimus
                                1 month, 1 day ago

Yeah saw I just undertook you on the inside - up to the giddy heights of nearly top 2 mill. Rank halved in 2 weeks

But season not started mate. Minimal Liverpool assets and zero City won't be template long and people will be torn on premiums soon enough. Right now it's just a mid priced lottery and timing Spurs right.

Getting the decision right on your fave CDM will be a big call for loads.

1. Amey

Agree !
                                  I'm looking to release cash now to bring IN Bruno in GW 9 & shift to Raz afterwards. Let's see if season turns around by then 🙂

2. Amey
                      1 month, 1 day ago

Mitro will score a hattrick this weekend

1. pingissimus
                        1 month, 1 day ago

* Checks fixture and wonders about the hit

2. Riverside Red
                        1 month, 1 day ago

Amey... I'm afraid Mitrovic is not the striker many were hoping he would turn out to be

1. Amey

He's wasteful yeah.
                          But i still think he's a good player in general. Think he'll get those 12-13 goals season. Fulham looks like going straight down thought. No doubt about that

1. Mac90
                            1 month, 1 day ago

Ahh. I remember the days of Dempsey. Back then I had Duff as a differential to chase in mini league. Such painful GWs

2. Holmes
                  1 month, 1 day ago

Next 2 weeks will be important.

If Dominic fails again, it might be good time to cash out.

1. pingissimus

Yep

That's the likely time frame I'm looking at. But there's going to be a strong temptation to bring KdB as captain against Liverpool 🙂

8. Amey

Good article
                Brilliant Pod

9. Debauchy
                1 month, 1 day ago

Lost on last post , Pink and black combo with yellow and blue socks , tough on the eyes eh lol

10. Debauchy

Idiot

1 month, 1 day ago

Can Jorginho give up pens... Werner or Havertz plz!

1. Debauchy
                  1 month, 1 day ago

Would be nice one or the other need that added advantage

2. seanie3
                  1 month, 1 day ago

wish he would, thats two now he has missed already this season.

12. TNB

Team for GW7

McCarthy
                  Mitchell-Castagne-Saiss (Lamptey-Bernardo)
                  Salah-Son-Grealish-JRod (Zaha)
                  Bamford-Kane-DCL

2FT and 0.1 ITB

I think defence needs some work but struggling to find right balance.

How long is Mitchell likely to keep his place now than PVA is back to fitness?

Any suggestion welcome.

1. joey
                    1 month, 1 day ago

I took Mitchell out on a wildcard as he seems likely to lose his place at any time, although I'm no expert on Palace (or fantasy football at all for that matter, judging by this season). Without transfers elsewhere I don't know who to suggest bar Kilman and I don't know the situation between him and Saiss with Marcal returning.

Glad to have been of help.

1. TNB
                        1 month, 1 day ago

How about - swapping Lamptey and Saiss for Chilwell and Kilman?

2. Naby K8a
                    1 month, 1 day ago

Irks me when your no.9 doesn’t take penalties. Werner just step up and score lad

1 month, 1 day ago

Seniority from Jorginho... I'm sure he's able.

1. seanie3
                        1 month, 1 day ago

I think he should now..to miss 2 pens in the space of a few weeks is too many for me.

3. joey
                    1 month, 1 day ago

My back line is currently Saiss, Lamptey, Targett, Kilman and Strijk. I don't mind eventually having a non playing defender at 4m. Currently playing the Wolves boys against Palace on Friday and Targett against Southampton and was planning on rolling a free transfer for the first time this season but worth doing Lamptey to Zouma now? Got exactly the funds for it and means I play Zouma against Burnley this week rather than Targett and I prefer their fixtures going forward. Brighton impress on the xG stats but always find a way to concede and apart from Burnley next week I don't much fancy their next 5 or so games.

Only thing holding me back is not having 2 transfers so I could make more dramatic changes next week, possibly involving Saiss to Chilwell.

1. Rashleigh Runabouts
                        1 month, 1 day ago

In a similar boat. Was priced out of upgrading Taylor to Chilwell, so going to try and roll a FT for some bigger changes next week. Tom Freeman (AVFC82) on some decent FPL youtube channel ( I forget which) is thinking of dong the same and rolling a FT.

• Corgzzzz
                        1 month, 1 day ago

Chilwell by far the better choice, I would roll the FT

1. joey
                          1 month, 1 day ago

Thanks Rashleigh and Corgzzzz. I was leaning towards that I think, Chilwell looks like he could be a pretty tasty option and he would likely replace Saiss as their fixtures start to get a little trickier. Possible Lamptey and Saiss to Coufal and Chilwell sets the team up nicely for a few weeks.

• seanie3
                        1 month, 1 day ago

I would move lamptey on to chilwell if you have funds,

1. joey
                          1 month, 1 day ago

Alas I don't. Got 0.5m in the bank so will wait a week otherwise I agree, that would have been the move. I think Chilwell is worth waiting a week for above Zouma.

1. seanie3
                            1 month, 1 day ago

wait a week to get in chilwell, I wouldn't bring in Zouma.

2. Phlajo
                      1 month, 1 day ago

Need to get rid of Aguero.. considering the following:
                      A Kun to Vardy
                      B Kun to Werner
                      C Kun+Grealish to Antonio+KdB (-4)
                      D Kun+Grealish to Antonio+Bruno (-4)

What's the proper decision here? Kane not an option due to funds, and as I already have Son I don't really fancy a double spurs

1. TNB

• Tony Martial

Ingss

1 month, 1 day ago

Wow. Chilwell on corners even when Ziyech is on the pitch...

He's hard to ignore with those fixtures...

1. Amey

😮

2. DandyDon
                          1 month, 1 day ago

Was going into my team but got priced out few days ago when him and Kane both rose on same night. Suppose I could ignore Kane for another week and just get Chilwell!?

3. Flair

Seriously?

Straight in next week.

4. djoker_nole
                            1 month, 1 day ago

Looking at how this season is going. He will be rested soon

• Karan14

Interesting!

Feels like I'm "upgrading" TAA to Chilwell.

1. Amey

Ha

• seanie3
                            1 month, 1 day ago

chilwell has surprised me since he joined chelsea how much he likes to bomb forward, but actually can also defend and has good pace..

5. fcsaltyballs

Martinez
                          Robertson Chilwell Saiss
                          Salah Son James Grealish Sterling
                          DCL Watkins

Forster Dallas Brewster Ferguson

2 FT, 0.0 itb

Best use of 2FT:

1. Sterling >> KDB (save 1FT)
                          2. Sterling Watkins >> Foden Kane

Thanks.

1. TNB

2. Debauchy
                            1 month, 1 day ago

After weeks of disappointment in FPL you have Jorghino in your CL team and wtf , yep one more face slap

3. PLerix

A) Jimi and TAA -> Kane and Cresswell
                            B) DCL and TAA -> Kane and Kilman

4. ivantys
                              1 month, 1 day ago

Useless Jorginho keeps hitting stupid penalties

• wulfranian
                              1 month, 1 day ago

James is on the bench but if gets Azpi's place in the second half then who knows which one will start on Saturday.Otherwise James has high chances to start vs Burnley.

• TNB

McCarthy
                                Mitchell-Castagne-Saiss (Lamptey-Bernardo)
                                Salah-Son-Grealish-JRod (Zaha)
                                Bamford-Kane-DCL

2FT 0.1 ITB

Swap Lamptey and Saiss for Killman and Chilwell?

1. seanie3
                                  1 month, 1 day ago

do lamptey to kilman this week, then roll the extra transfer to bring in chilwell the following week.

• Riverside Red
                                1 month, 1 day ago

What's the view on Chelsea's performance this evening

1. Corgzzzz
                                  1 month, 1 day ago

nothing spectacular......not offering to much up front, and keeping the other team out to long distance shots. Similar pattern to the Man U game.

1. Amey

If frank has gone defensive, Pulisic out looks good deal after GW 9

2. seanie3
                                  1 month, 1 day ago

tons of possession but not dangerous or clinical enough in the final third..

3. Barbarians
                                  1 month, 1 day ago

So nice to see some people live chanting...

Chelsea looks like in training session

1. Riverside Red
                                    1 month, 1 day ago

Wonder if Jorginho will remain on penalties

• Flair
                                1 month, 1 day ago

Robbo -> Chillwell and Podence -> Bowen next GW holds appeal. Without VVD and seeing that poor defensive display by Sheff Utd I am concerned about Robertson long term. Or I could play 4ATB...

• Ajax Hamsterdam
                                1 month, 1 day ago

best 4.5 defender for a cs this gw?

targett (SOU)
                                Ivanovic (fulham)
                                Ayling (LEI)

1. zotter
                                  1 month, 1 day ago

I would guess target. But all three could. Or none of them!

1. Ajax Hamsterdam
                                    1 month, 1 day ago

haha cheers. I want to replace taylor. think it's worth it? thanks

• Tony Martial

After GW 9 are you..

A=Getting rid of Son
                                B=Getting rid of Kane
                                C=Getting rid of both
                                D=Getting rid of none

1. TNB

Most likely B

• Flair
                                    1 month, 1 day ago

Not sure who I'd get rid of Kane for in my team, that's my only issue. A swap to Fernandes/Rashford in midfield at GW9 may appeal.

Don't have Son and won't be getting him.

• Karan14
                                    1 month, 1 day ago

Not getting rid of Son feels like the KDB of last season for 9m. Looks underpriced when you compare his returns to the 10.5m+ mids.

Kane to Bruno is something I might consider in GW9.

1. Daniel - Go Granville

2. zotter

Would you do the following for -4

Havertz. Pulisic. Maupay. > foden. Bruno. Bamford

Would give me

Martinez
                                  Trent. Robertson. Dallas (Kwp. Lamp)
                                  Grealish. Foden. Salah. Son. Bruno
                                  Bamford. Dcl (Brewster)

1. zotter
                                    1 month, 1 day ago

Or just Maupay to Bamford?

Kane in is very tricky

2. Old Man
                                    1 month, 1 day ago

Unless you can do something like Bruno+Brewster to Kane+cheapie it's not going to be worth worrying about Kane as your team is structured towards 3-5-2.

3. Daniel - Go Granville
                                  1 month, 1 day ago

Having in mind that Mike Dean is the referee this weekend and if Antonio is injured I am considering 8pt hit to get Bruno. He should get at least 2 penalties.

So who would you sell Grealish or Zaha? Thinking Zaha personally but his recent form makes me think maybe Grealish

1. Ajax Hamsterdam
                                    1 month, 1 day ago

-8 is mental imo considering the average we get most weeks.

1. seanie3
                                      1 month, 1 day ago

agreed, not sure if he is serious or not? but -8 never.

2. wulfranian
                                    1 month, 1 day ago

Only 1 pen from Mike Dean though.