Video

FPL TV Guide: Your schedule for the best video content ahead of Gameweek 8

Another quick turnaround for Fantasy Premier League managers means it is more important than ever to find your favourite videos for tips and advice.

Following a Monday night double-header, we need to have our new teams in ahead of an unusual Gameweek 8 deadline, which passes at 16:00 GMT.

So cast your eyes over our television schedule and book in your video-watching plans now.

DAY-BY-DAY FANTASY TV
Monday 2nd November

13:00: FFS – Transfer Watch Gameweek 8

15:00: LTFPL – Watchlist Gameweek 8

Tuesday 3rd November

07:00: TTFPL – Fixtures swings when planning transfers

13:00: FFS – Captaincy Gameweek 8

15:00: LTFPL – Team Selection Gameweek 8 17:00: FPLNym – Gameweek 8 Preview

20:00: FFS – Scoutcast Gameweek 8

Wednesday 4th November

13:00: FFS – Team Selection Gameweek 8

15:00: LTFPL – Gameweek 8 Preview

Thursday 5th November

13:00: FFS – Points Prediction Gameweek 8 16:00: FPLNym – Dream Team feat FPL Focus

20:00: LTFPL – Live Stream 20:45: FPLWC – Live Stream with guest

Sunday 8th November

20:30: FPLF – Gameweek 7 Review

LESSONS LEARNED FROM FPL GAMEWEEK 7

Full-year memberships are now available for the price of £19.99. Monthly subscriptions also cost just £2.99. A FREE trial is now available during December.

1. ChickenTikkaMoSalah

Pulisic+Robbo to Bruno+Zouma for free?

1. Little Red Lacazette

Salah Grealish Son Zaha
    Maupay Kane DCL

Steer Bissouma Lamptey Dallas

Pick 1:
    A. TAA -> Chilwell
    B. Maupay -> Wilson
    C. TAA + Maupay -> Vardy + Vertergaard (-4)
    D. Roll FT.
    E. Better choice?

1. waltzingmatildas

Probably B for me

1. Ajax Hamsterdam

Yep nice move as well especially if maupay dropped

2. Ajax Hamsterdam

All good moves and v nice team.a for now I would say

3. cigan

Like B & C

4. Silent Friend

C

5. zdrojo187

Keep Maupay...Burnley at home next & he is on penalties
      A or D

1. Little Red Lacazette

But is Maupay still nailed?

6. Party time

3. wijohnson85

A) TAA and Podence to Chilwell and Grealish 2FT or
    B) Do something more radical (-4pt) and get Jimenez out as well/maybe Ziyech in and Watkins up top

4. King Kohli

If you had 3 or 4 transfers to improve this team, what changes would you do?

Martinez Steer
    Robbo Konsa Kilman Mitchell Johnson
    Salah Sterling Son JRod Anguissa
    Ings DCL Maupay

1 FT 0 ITB

Looking at
    Robertson + Johnson + Ings + Maupay > Zouma + Coufal + Werner + Antonio for 2 hits over two gws.

1. farmerfat

Moves look pretty good.
      Not sure if Antonio is going to be back in time, really hope he is

1. King Kohli

Might just keep Maupay this week to give me chance of bringing in Antonio next gw as it's 2 weeks away.
        Werner seems like a good replacement for Ings with Chelsea looking sharp and having the fixtures as well.

5. Gameweek 7 Rough with the Smooth
    Geoff

How was your Gameweek?

Were any of your players benched? Did you get any injuries? How did your bench perform? Did your captain return?

Tell us your tales of joy and woe from Gameweek 7, here:

1. Little Red Lacazette

Good: 66 points - green arrows
      Bad: 15 pts on bench.

2. Rains of Castamere

Rough week - 46 points.

2-pointers all over the place... Trent, Justin, Jimenez, Son, Barkley, Klich. Annoyed that Barkley isn't on pens.

Only smooths were Podence (8), Salah/Kane (do they even count?), and Dallas off the bench for Saiss.

Smooths all around. 73 points all out.

I lucked out with Lamptey 2nd on my bench coming on after Saiss and Mitchell no-shows.

4. Buck The Trent

Did Davies, JRod to Zouma, Grealish

A net gain of 29 - 3 (would have played bissouma & kwp) - 4 for a hit = 22 points

72 (-4), OR 370K to 210K

5. Dark Side Of The Loon!

Good: Dallas' goal
      Bad: 17 points on the bench - Podence and Lamptey. And it was the first time I had benched them.

6. Iceball

Smooth: Had 2ft and did TAA&Jimenez (2+2) to Zouma&Kane (14+6) for double up with Chilwell (6). Got Lamptey (9) 1st sub off the bench for Saiss.
      Rough: Captain blank for Son and Sterling+Foden blank, 67 all out.

7. Free hitting is a ladder

Rough, Saiss not playing, being short players, seeing Martinez concede 4 and Jack give away peno points, smooth a moderate 58 points to gain 50k spots and Jack's 15 points.

8. Jon Walter's Hatty

Pulisic just summed up the season for me right there and then...

9. TheDragon

Rough:
      - Brought Pulisic in this week - injured in warm up.
      - the FPL anti christ that is Maupay. He hates me. Never scored when I have him. Owned him for the last 3 weeks of course.

Smooth:
      - still got 70 points somehow
      - Lamptey 🙂 finally well deserved reward for owners

10. thegaffer82

Rough - Pulisic as my main differential this week who I had a lot of confidence in.

Smooth - Lamptey 1st on bench

11. olelukoje

Bad = Simply horrible - 13 out of 15 players scored 0 or 2 points (Saiss, Maupay, Pulisic out, Martinez, Konsa, Ayling all conceded 4 goals)
      Slightly positive = Watkins scored a penalty...

12. St Pauli Walnuts

Did alright, 61 and modest green arrow. At much cost though, I now have more red flags than a communist party convention.

Ings, Puli, Lamptey, Mitch and then there is Saiss on top of that. I was hoping to say see ya to TAA this week too.

13. zdrojo187

56...not bad
      (Mitro & Dallas)

14. CONNERS

Smooth - 71pts and got Lamptey points off bench.

Rough - Captain fail with Son (again)

15. Deulofail

I missed the dealine for the third gameweek in a row. 3 Free Transfers wasted and counting.

This time, I was watching a significant other defend her thesis on Zoom when I noticed the deadline was looming. I started checking out fixtures and team news on the sly, since I can't understand all the French anyway! Suddenly, she was being sworn into doctorhood so I wanted to pay attention again. I was fully engrossed, taking screenshots of her taking the oath with all the remote viewers smiling proudly, when I look back at the time to see it was 3 mins past the deadline. The days before this I was busy moving house. (Congratulations to those who can manage all these things at once!).

Luckily, I was able to get out 11 players with my full bench playing 0 mins, which is also what happened in gameweek 5. But I only managed a measly 44 points with no return from captain Sterling for the second week in a row.

I still have 5 players from the out-of-form Manchester teams in midfield along with Martial up front, who I've kept for his whole suspension now. I have no Spurs players, which I hope will become a blessing when their fixtures turn. My defence is also pretty ropey, with Saiss out-of-favour, Justin and Mitchell under threat and Lamptey a doubt. The silver lining is Gabriel's dominant display against United, along with goals from Lamptey and DCL.

1. Deulofail

Could you also have a round of pronouncing mine and Gerard's names? 😀

DAY oo luh FAIL

If you want to say Gerard's name, just vocalise the end of FAIL like a cockney instead of articulating the L.

No more shall we hear DELLAFELL!

16. Rhinos

Was looking like another rough after just 30 from 10. Pulisic and Ryan the worst offfenders but Kilman my only returner other than the highly owned and captained Kane and Salah. Vardy C changed all that though and ended with 58 and a green arrow

17. Matjes_taet

Smooth:
      80 Points and a nice rank-boost to 100k.
      Complete frontline (Ings, Mitro, Wilson) scored,
      Podence, Grealish,Salah, Chillwell as well.

Rough:
      Double Liverpool - Defense
      2 FT and no clue what to do with it.

18. el polako

Smoth - thanks to some good people on here I swapped Saiss to Kilman with a transfer which otherwise would go to waste.
      Kept Grealish despite general Barkley enthusiasm.

Rough - Potter not playing either of my 2 Brighton GK's and another blank from TAA.

19. ianlamerton

Smooth - finally!

Transfer was Rogriguez > Grealish

Bale differential over Son finally came in (lucked out GW6 when I got Antonio off the bench for the Bale no show, otherwise I would be massively down!)

Salah (C), Kane, Lamptey, Semedo, Chilwell returns.

71 points. 900K rank rise to a still disappointing 2.1m.

20. Boris Bodega

Smooth : Willian > Grealish
      Rough : McCarthy > Martinez for -4, although I am hoping long term this won't be a disaster. Put the armband on Son, ignoring Salah and Auba.

21. AzzaroMax99

Good- 63 pts, Lamptey goal, double CS from CHE, Wilson brace
      Bad- Lamptey injury, 10 players (no Saiss, Mitchel, Digne), SonC fail

22. sambyy

Smooth: started Lamptey for his attacking threat and he delivered.

Rough: I did Barnes to Rashford as a part of a -4 hit.

23. joey

A pretty jammy 64 gave me, shockingly, my highest gameweek rank of the season. Got very very lucky, with Saiss a no show I had Struijk first sub who also didn't play so ended up with 9 points from Lamptey which he shouldn't have had if the ref had been watching!

Nothing really spectacular bar Grealish, a couple of blanks from some of my high value midfielders but onwards and upwards. Top 10k might be a stretch now as I'm around the 2.6m mark with a wildcard down but you never know

24. sunshine419

I am usually one of those quiet FPL managers that just read and laugh week in week out here and listening to my weekly tonic - FFS scoutcast where Az and Joe read oout some incredible and not so good ones. I won't call myself a veteran but i started FPL back in 2012/2013 season. Between that period and now, i have finished inside top 4k once and twice inside 20k. This is a season like no other. Am currently languishing OR at 4.016m !!!...

Like some of you, i was thinking this crazy season will soon fade and normality will resume the next week...and then next...alas my fears keep coming true.
      Ladies and gentlemen...let me share my GW woes and vent out my frustration so i can atleast get some respite...

started GW 7 line up with 3 at the back and they all blanked including my goalkeeper!
      ......Castagne/Sais/Mitchel and Ryan as my GK.
      MFD: Salah/Grealish/Son/Zaha
      FWD: Kane/Jimenez/DCL

subs: Podence / Taylor / Dunne

Az....do me a favour...and rip my team!!! I love FPL but it can hurt you badly...best of luck guys...next GW we go again!!!

cheers

25. Esalman

Smooth- transferred in Lamptey (who scored) for Maitland-Niles (1 point cameo). Werner came off the bench to play 90 minutes and scored. Last week's no-show Reguilon assisted.
      Rough- everyone else except Salah blanked. Almost 100k red arrow.

26. Collie01

Another rough week. Red arrow to 3.3mil OR.

Pickford dropped.
      Pulisic injured in warmup.
      Double Pool defense.
      My transfer this week was Barnes to Foden which backfired.
      Still only 4 CS total all season after Ayling and Regulion conceded. Reg getting that silly YC might have cost me in LMS actually as he was on for BAPs otherwise.

Positives are Salah(c) got a goal and Mitrovic unexpectedly returning some points.

Anyway onwards and upwards! Still enjoying the season despite it's craziness.

27. shirtless

45 here, dropped from 1.0m to 2.1m in rwo gameweeks.

Rough: Ryan no show, Konsa 0, Mitchell no show, KWP subbing for 1 point, Trent, Son, SOucek, Bruno 2 pointers. Actually lost three points than if I'd did nothing from last week (Salah(c) & kept Werner vs Salah & Kane(c).

Smooth: Full house up front, with DCL, Kane(c) and Mitro returns.

1. shirtless

Oh and had it in the ear from my 11 year old who's in her first FPL season after recommending she sold Auba and got some Spurs cover in. She moved for Son and switched captains from Salah. This cost her 12 points overall!

28. King Carlos

Hi! I'm Troy McClure! You might remember me from such FFS posts as "defense, 3 GWs, 7 pts total" from a week ago:

This time around 3 of 5 defensive players scored 0 points. Also, I've now owned Son for GWs 1 and 7. Scoring me total of Jack and Shiat!

6. the dom 1

2GW Punt on this before I get KDB back after IB;

Stirling & Klich > Rashford & Grealish

got 2FT's

Thoughts?

Y or N

1. waltzingmatildas

Yeah I like that

2. ⚔★Vibudh★⚔

Looks good

3. the dom 1

Thanks for the replies GL with your GW's

7. Tingate

Worst start possible so need to start making ground somehow.

Guaita
    James - Lamptey - Robertson
    Sterling - Foden - Salah - Podence
    Jiménez - Kane - Watkins

Forster - Targett - Mitchell - Burke £0.6M ITB 2FT

A) Podence > Grealish, Jiménez > Wilson for free
    B) Robertson > Coufal, Podence > Son, Jimenez > 7.5M forward for -4
    C) Other

Thanks!

8. SCOUT PICKS CHAMPION LOTTERY - GAMEWEEK 8
    andy85wsm

We're looking for a new Community Champion for Gameweek 8.

Think you have the eye to pick the differentials and form a winning team vs the Scout Picks? We need a Community Champion to represent us vs the Scout Picks for Gameweek 8.

The Community Champion picks a team including a captain to go up against the Scout Picks, within a budget of 83m and in a playable FPL formation. Whichever Gameweek champion beats the Scout’s team by the largest margin will win a £100 Amazon Voucher!

If you're interested in applying, email us at support@fantasyfootballscout.co.uk with your FFS username and FPL Team ID.

The Champion will be picked by Thursday evening, so make sure to enter by then! The Champion then has until 11am Friday morning to send in their team.

Good luck!

9. Atimis

Keep FT if Hamez is fit?

Or maybe Robo to WH def?

1. ⚔★Vibudh★⚔

Keep

2. Magic Zico

Yes keep fixtures after MUN are good

10. Openboxman

Already done a -8

TAA, saiss, Mitchell > Chilwell, Bellerin, Cresswell

Talk me put of Pulisic > Ziyech for another -4!

1. ⚔★Vibudh★⚔

Do you have WC?

2. Abra Dubravka

-8 on defenders is bold in this season of few clean sheets. -12 sounds too much but Pulisic needs to go.

3. Original - Wolves Ay We

Great minds. Done -8 for defence but did Zouma not Bellerin

4. TheDragon

It’s more fun to score points than to lose them

5. Pegboy

Don't hate it, but I think you could have spread it over a couple of weeks and avoided hits.

11. Magic Zico

Is Wilson or Werner an upgrade for Jimenez this week? Or better leave till next GW?

1. ⚔★Vibudh★⚔

I think Werner is, Wilson only if you need funds for other moves

2. Little Red Lacazette

better leave till next GW

12. ⚔★Vibudh★⚔

RMT
    McCarthy*(Steer)
    TAA* Saiss* KWP(Justin*)(Mitchell*)
    Salah Son Grealish Hamez*(Bissouma)
    Kane Ings* Maupay*

2FT's, 0.2 ITB

I might use WC soon, If I use it next week then maybe I can sell Son and Kane also, so should I just take 2 punts this week and then WC next week? Or should I just take a hit maybe and save WC for the time being? Another possibility is to WC GW 10 with more fixture swings

1. TheDragon

Tough spot as it all really depends on the team news in the press conferences.

Worst case; Saiss, Mitchell, Hamez, Ings, Maupay all out then wildcard this week.

Best case: All but 1 or 2 are fit then you just take those out.

Really don’t think you can decide until near to deadline - not helpful I know

1. ⚔★Vibudh★⚔

I agree actually, cheers mate!

2. Pegboy

Agree with this, but I think you will be able to field a team with 2FTs and then WC next week if necessary.

13. Iceball

Anything on Lamptey?
    Thinking of saving transfer if fit, Chilwell Zouma Lamptey (Saiss Mitchell).
    If not I might have only 2 defender playing but by saving I might wait on decide getting Dias/Cancelo or Coufal/Cresswell.
    Cant afford straight Saiss ->Cancelo switch and international break coming up so 2ft might be gold.

1. Pegboy

Potter suggested it was just cramp and he should be fine.

14. Chris_H

Thoughts on Chelsea-Sheff Utd?

Tempted to do a Sterling>Ziyech punt to then hokey-cokey Aguero in for Kane in two weeks

1. ⚔★Vibudh★⚔

I think Sheffield United will park the bus, can see a comfortable 2-0 Chelsea win but not a thrashing or something.

15. Dark Side Of The Loon!

Pick one starting GW 9. Have Son too from Spurs.

1) Kane
    2) bruno

Thanks!

1. ⚔★Vibudh★⚔

2. I Member

3. Pegboy

16. Maddamotha

Robbo > Chillwell a good move?

1. TheDragon

I really want Chilwell and given Liverpool fixture it’s a perfect week for it.

But... not sure I’m prepared to give up on Robbo yet

1. Maddamotha

It's risky. City-Pool could be a low scoring game. But Chillwell offers pretty much the same for a cheaper price.

2. thegaffer82

It's time to ditch Pool DF. Nobody can accuse you of not giving him time, and like you said, it's a good fixture to ditch

1. Maddamotha

True. With the upcoming fixtures as well, it looks like the perfect time ditching Pool DF.

17. DannyDrinkVodka

Martinez
    Chillwell Lamptey Dallas
    Salah (S)on Grealish Barnes Foden
    Kane DCL

Watkins Mitchell Saiss Forster 1.5 ITB 0FT

Anything worth a hit?

1. Abra Dubravka

Nope. Good to go

1. DannyDrinkVodka

Cheers, guess I gotta hope that Lamptey is fit

18. TheDragon

Put these in order of which you’d start this week

A) Robertson
    B) Semedo
    C) KWP
    D) Lamptey (assume he is fit)

1. ⚔★Vibudh★⚔

DBAC

19. OneMan

Anybody thinking of doubling up on Sterling and DeBruyne after GW9?

1. TheDragon

Aguerrrroooooooo

I’m seriously considering Cancelo, KDB & Aguero

2. Karan14

Maybe but definitely one of them.

1. OneMan

Cheers. I’m thinking of taking out both Son and Fernandez fir both, but maybe I should hold Son.

3. Gabbiadini

nope, one or the other IMO. I'll probably trade sterling to KDB.

4. ritzyd

Yep, planning to have Sterling, KDB and Dias for GW10

5. Pegboy

Just KdB. Maybe Dias.

1. Gabbiadini

surely cancelo over dias.

6. CONNERS

Will have KDB and Cancelo. May also get either Sterling or Aguero depending on how City look after IB.

20. Gabbiadini

I'd be keeping an eye out for potentially a 4.3 starting defender for Southampton this week.

1. ⚔★Vibudh★⚔

Who? Salisu?

1. Gabbiadini

indeed.

1. ⚔★Vibudh★⚔

But why this week suddenly? Maybe after the IB?
          If he becomes nailed it would be amazing

1. Gabbiadini

Bednarek head injury concern.
            Once Salisu plays he is every chance to keep his spot alongside Vestergaard (saints supporter).

1. ⚔★Vibudh★⚔

Wow very interesting.. one for the watchlist then!

1. Gabbiadini

definitely. had it not been for a 10.9m release clause he would've cost a lot more.
                absolutely bossed la liga last season. check out his highlights.

21. I Member

Thought on Martial as a replacement for Ings?

1. TheDragon

Never ever again

2. Gabbiadini

Why would you not hold with IB?

1. I Member

Not sure if I'll be able to put out 11 this week if I keep Ings. Fixtures also get tougher after this Newcastle game.

1. Gabbiadini

don't think fixtures effects him too much tbh.

3. ShaunGoater123

i don't hate it if ings is out.

dangers are he is so hot or cold, but if goes your way then your laughing

22. ShaunGoater123

save a transfer here? would like a chelsea mid or attacked but would have to be for a hit unless moved sterling on.

McCarthy

Chilwell / Bellerin / Dallas

Salah / Sterling / son / Soucek

Kane / Jimenez / Watkins

Button / Justin / Mithcell / Bissouma

0.0 ITB, 1 FT

23. ⚔★Vibudh★⚔

For a 2-week punt
    A) Werner vs Shef. Utd and Newcastle
    B) Martial vs Everton and West Brom

1. KAPTAIN KANE

2. Pegboy

24. KAPTAIN KANE

I feel like Everton vs United at the weekend could be a goal fest

1. ritzyd

I agree, could see a 3-2 or something i think

2. Karan14

Agreed

25. KAPTAIN KANE

Any news on Lamptey or Mitchell?

1. Arfaish

Not yet, surely PVA back spells the end of Mitchell though injury or not?

1. TheDragon

Might just move positions for Mitchell - it’s not 100% Mitchell gets dropped

2. Pegboy

Potter suggests it was just cramp and he'll likely be fine.

3. CONNERS

Mitchell and PVA both played in the game before Mitchell got injured. Depends whether Clyne keeps his place.

1. KAPTAIN KANE

Thanks all

26. Jdpz

Play wildcard??

McCarthy, Nyland
    TAA, Justin, Taylor, Konsa, Tierney
    Bruno, Son, Bissouma, Podence, Pulisic
    Ings, Kane, DCL

1.6M itb, 1ft.

1. denial

If Ings is out for long, maybe. There's lots in that squad I like.

2. Pegboy

I'd try and limp through to the international break.

27. denial

Unsure what to do with team:

Martinez

Robbo Zouma Lampety Mitchell Saiss

Salah Son Grealish Perreira Alzate

Kane Jimmy DCL

Need to get rid of Perreira.

Perreira&Jimmy out for Ziyech&Wilson?

1. TheDragon

Antonio if he is fit is the one

1. denial

He is the one I agree. I don't really want to ride Perreira drops and others rises though

28. Ronnies

McCarthy
    TAA, Ayling, Coady, Justin
    Salah, Mane, Son, Grealish
    Jimenez, DCL

Forster, Brewster, Lewis, Bissouma

0.6m ITB, 1 free transfer

A) Mane > KDB
    B) Bissouma > Soucek (3.5.2)
    C) Coady > Zouma
    D) TAA > Chilwell
    E) Save FT

Thanks.

1. TheDragon

No spurs this week - hope you’ve got a big sofa

D or E

1. Ronnies

Son in there m8!

1. TheDragon

Haha I’m blind - sorry!

D looks perfect for this week

Having 2 FT over international break though would also be very helpful

2. Pegboy

C or E

29. fplfansss

Which one?
    A. Ings n Jimenez to Kane n Adams
    B. Ings n Jimenez to Kane n Bamford
    C. Ings n Sterling to Kane n Zaha
    D. Ings, Sterling n Jimenez to Kane, Zaha n Vardy

1. CONNERS

A or B, but prefer Wilson if affordable (or Antonio if fit).

30. hogree

Planning to WC over International Break.

Any thoughts on a one-week punt for this setup?

McCarthy
    Trent - Mitchell - Saiss - Justin - C Taylor
    Salah - Son - Sterling - Podence - Bissouma
    Mitro - Watkins - Kane

1. TheDragon

Trent -> Chilwell looks perfect for that

The ultimate punt would be Sir Gareth Bale though

2. CONNERS

It's not overly clear what exactly the punt is unless I'm being stupid?