Jack Grealish (£7.6m) is by far the key Fantasy Premier League asset as Aston Villa host Brighton in Gameweek 9.
The midfielder is now selected by 40% of managers worldwide and commands ownership of 68.2% among those inside the top 10k.
Son Heung-min (£9.5m) is the only midfielder with more backing than that in the upper echelons of the game, although Grealish has been much more of a captain candidate than the South Korean this week.
7.1% of the top 10k put the armband on him as Brighton come to Villa Park on Saturday afternoon.
Ollie Watkins (£6.1m) is the chief partner for those looking at a double-up on Dean Smith’s attack, now owned by 9.2% of managers, while Ross Barkley (£6.0m) and John McGinn (£5.5m) remain on 4.4% and 2.3% ownership respectively.
Villa’s defence is still popular, with 27.7% invested in Emi Martínez (£4.8m) worldwide while 13.5% have Tyrone Mings (£5.3m).
For all the interest in Villa’s attack, Brighton are hardly on the fringes of the Fantasy picture with Mat Ryan (£4.5m) and Tariq Lamptey (£4.8m) both on 13% ownership as they turn out for the Seagulls’ defence today.
There is unlikely to be too many eyes on Graham Potter’s attack though, none of his midfielders or forwards owned by more than 5%.
Danny Welbeck (£5.5m) leads the line at Villa Park, with Adam Lallana (£6.2m) and Neal Maupay (£6.4m) operating as a two-man support act.
Aston Villa XI: Martínez; Targett, Mings, Konsa, Cash; Barkley, D Luiz, McGinn; Grealish, Watkins, Trézéguet.
Brighton and Hove Albion XI: Ryan; Dunk, Webster, White; March, Bissouma, Groß, Lamptey; Lallana, Maupay; Welbeck.
Become a Member and get unrestricted access to our data and articles
Full-year memberships are now available for the price of £19.99. Monthly subscriptions also cost just £2.99. A FREE trial is now available during December.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.