Scoutcast regular Seb Wassell, who finished 389th in the world in 2019/20, is the latest Pro Pundit to run through his dream Free Hit team.
I have used my own team as a template for this mock Free Hit squad, meaning that I have a budget of £105.9m (£102.6m + £3.3m in the bank) to work with, which accounts for the cheaper prices paid for players I already own and would keep for this Free Hit.
However, given the limited fixtures this week and the large funds most of us have available, I do not believe this is going to be unachievable for anyone.
Should You Play the Free Hit?
This week’s poll on the Fantasy Football Scout website suggests that the most common maximum number of players managers expect to have available to them in Gameweek 29 without using the Free Hit but after transfers is nine, followed by eight. This poll of course skews towards the type of manager that not only regularly checks external Fantasy Premier League resources but actively engages with them. Therefore, it may be safe to assume the real mode is slightly lower, say six to seven available players.
If you fall below this threshold, the Free Hit looks like a wise move. If you do not, perhaps consider the possibility of saving it for Gameweek 33, when both Man City and Spurs blank, or for an as-yet-unannounced Double Gameweek.
Even if you have resolved to save the Free Hit, however, being aware of the players that those using the chip this week may pick in their ‘ideal team’ can be useful information in guiding your own selection decisions.
Become a Member and get unrestricted access to our data and articles
Full-year memberships and monthly subscriptions are now available.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.