Ahead of interest in their defensive assets for Gameweek 31, Wolves are forced into several key changes as they host West Ham.
Jonny (£5.4m) has suffered another anterior cruciate ligament injury in training and is replaced at left-back by Rayan Aït-Nouri (£5.0m).
However, the unfortunate Spanish defender is not the only important absentee tonight, Willy Boly (£5.4m) missing out due to a positive coronavirus (COVID-19) test.
Without those two first-choice options, Nuno has gone with a four-man defence featuring Aït-Nouri and Nelson Semedo (£5.2m) either side of Conor Coady (£4.8m) and Romain Saïss (£4.9m).
Fantasy Premier League managers will have a watchful eye on how the Wolves defence performs without Jonny and Boly tonight, considering the impending swing of fixtures in their favour.
João Moutinho (£5.2m) misses out with a groin injury so Leander Dendoncker (£4.6m) and Ruben Neves (£5.1m) form a two-man midfield anchor behind Pedro Neto (£5.7m), Daniel Podence (£5.3m) and Adama Traoré (£6.0m) in support of Willian José (£6.8m).
There is a similar dynamic in the West Ham squad for Gameweek 30 with Declan Rice‘s (£4.7m) enforced absence triggering a formational shift.
Mark Noble (£4.5m) fills in for the England international while Arthur Masuaku‘s (£4.3m) return from injury leads to a first start since Gameweek 11 and a return to the 3-4-2-1 shape David Moyes favoured at the beginning of 2020/21.
After enjoying a meteoric rise to the top of the FPL defenders’ scoring charts this season, Aaron Cresswell (£5.9m) is back in a centre-back role, on the left-hand side of a three-man defence with Issa Diop (£4.3m) and Craig Dawson (£4.5m).
Still, the Hammers’ appealing encounters do not surface as a concentrated batch of matches until a Gameweek 34 trip to Burnley so there is still plenty of scouting to be done between now and their fixture swing.
Vladimir Coufal (£4.6m) joins Masuaku, Noble and Tomas Soucek (£5.3m) in a four-man midfield, a more advanced role than he has enjoyed in a 4-2-3-1 system.
Jesse Lingard (£6.2m) and Pablo Fornals (£5.8m) are in support of Michail Antonio (£6.7m).
Gameweek 30 Line-ups
Wolverhampton Wanderers XI (4-2-3-1): Patrício; Ait-Nouri, Saïss, Coady, Semedo; Neves, Dendoncker; Neto, Podence, A Traoré; Willian J.
West Ham United XI (3-4-3): Fabianski; Cresswell, Diop, Dawson; Masuaku, Noble, Soucek, Coufal; Lingard, Fornals; Antonio.
Check your latest FPL rank LIVE on LiveFPL.net every Gameweek
Become a Member and get unrestricted access to our data and articles
Full-year memberships are now available for the price of £19.99. Monthly subscriptions also cost just £2.99. A FREE trial is now available during December.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.