Joe and Seb take stock of a season like no other for Fantasy Premier League managers.
After 38 Gameweeks, the Covid-19 ravaged 2020/21 campaign is finally over.
The health crisis has impacted the schedule and player availability, FPL managers saw the first triple Gameweek in more than a decade, and for much of the season, we have had to endure a slow drip feed of matches over several days to ensure more fixtures can be televised.
The lack of fans also played its part, with traditional home and away form often consigned to the bin.
While tough to navigate, it has had significant highs to couple with the lows.
Trusted heavy hitters, such as Harry Kane (£11.9m) and Mohamed Salah (£12.9m), often delivered when selected as captain. There was also a wealth of budget options, with Leeds United’s promoted players among the stars.
In this final Scoutcast episode of the campaign, Joe and Seb review their own performance amid the season’s chaos, consider wider lessons to learn for all managers and answer the community’s questions.
For the final time they also look back on their Gameweek scores and showcase the community’s tales of woe and joy in Rough with the Smooth.
For Joe, key lessons to emerge include the importance of having a strong start and being as flexible as possible with transfers. While Seb ponders why he often ignored the best players from his own team, Leeds.
There are also strong thoughts on how FPL managers can deal with the ‘noise’ of social media and the fear of missing out.
Joe explains why this tricky campaign ended being his most satisfying yet across his career and why he’ll be paying even closer attention to his ‘unfashionable players’ Members tables next time out.
The Scoutcast will be back next season when Joe and Seb will be joined by a new regular co-host. Look out for further news ahead of the 2021/22 campaign.
Thanks to everyone who has watched, listened, commented and featured on this season’s Scoutcast.
This episode was aired live via YouTube on Tuesday 25 May. Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel to get notified of future live episodes.
In addition, the Scoutcast and all our other podcasts are now also available via our Soundcloud channel.
If you’re a traditional type, you can acquire the mp3 audio version via this link or the first player below. Or you can take in the full visual experience via the second player below.
Become a Member and get unrestricted access to our data and articles
Full-year memberships, monthly subscriptions and a FREE trial are all now available.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.