Euro 2020

€100k prize pool in FanTeam’s EURO 2020 weekend Monster game

Sponsored by FanTeam

It’s finally here! EURO 2020 is underway, your Fantasy teams have been finalised and you’re most likely sitting back to watch Italy v Turkey.

And by now you’re already lamenting picking that bargain-bin North Macedonia defender or ruing your decision to overlook Cristiano Ronaldo.

While the tournament-long Fantasy games are already up and running, FanTeam have their weekly €100k Monster event to look forward to this weekend.

That’s right – there is a cool €100,000 in the prize pot, with €20k going to the winner and cash prizes awarded down to 1,150th place.

All six EURO 2020 fixtures taking place on Saturday and Sunday are covered by this event, including England v Croatia.

ENTER YOUR TEAM AHEAD OF THE SATURDAY DEADLINE

HOW TO PLAY: A BRIEF GUIDE

Slightly different from the usual squad-based games, FanTeam managers are given a budget of €103m to build a team of 11 players that includes at least one goalkeeper, three defenders, two midfielders and one forward.

A maximum of three players are allowed from one country and captains score double points, as usual.

Here are some other minor differences to the otherwise easy-to-play game:

• There is no bench or manual substitutes; instead, there is a ‘Safety Net’ feature. If a player in your Fantasy team isn’t in the starting XI for their side, they will automatically be substituted for the next priced player from the same position and country.
  • A ‘Stacking Penalty’ is given if you have two or more defensive players from the same nation and they keep a clean sheet. One point is deducted for each additional asset that you select from the same side.

HOW DOES THE SCORING WORK?

FPL managers looking for a way to make their knowledge pay will have no trouble picking up FanTeam‘s EURO 2020 Monster, with its familiar scoring system.

Think of it as FPL without the bonus points, with a few other exceptions – detailed in the graphic above.

ENTER YOUR TEAM AHEAD OF THE SATURDAY DEADLINE

18+. Please gamble responsibly. http://begambleaware.org. #ad

Our Euro 2020 Fantasy coverage

BEST PLAYERS

Group A: Turkey | Italy | Wales | Switzerland

Group B: Denmark | Finland | Belgium | Russia

Group C: Netherlands | Ukraine | Austria | North Macedonia

Group D: England | Croatia | Scotland | Czech Republic

Group E: Spain | Sweden | Poland | Slovakia

Group F: Hungary | Portugal | France | Germany

BY POSITION: Goalkeepers | Defenders | Midfielders | Forwards

ALL OUR TEAM REVEALS

STRATEGY

Access all EURO 2020 tournament AND qualifier data ONLY with Fantasy Football Scout Premium Membership

JOIN OUR MINI-LEAGUE WITH JUST EAT: 13RHPLTV09

Full-year memberships, monthly subscriptions and a FREE trial are all now available.

1. artvandelay316

Had 2 Italy and scored 22 points. Quite happy with that. Insigne cap, so I'll leave that on him I reckon.

• Salarrivederci

Spinazzola, Berardi & Insigne (C)
      Perfect start

1. Sleepless in Settle FPL

must be top 1 overall now

2. BOATIES FC

Spinazzola Beradi and Inmobile (c) for me. im gonna stick with Immobile (c)

1. FALSE PROFIT

snap

2. Salarrivederci

Nice!
          Hope the 1,5 mil helps me outscore the 1-2 points you got on me

3. Tomerick

Donnaruma, Spinazzola, Insigne (c) here

• thebizzle

When is the deadline for switching captain please ??

1. Deulofail

First game kick-off tomorrow. Depends on timezone, but I believe it's 14:00 in UK

• Bonus magnet

Insigne captain or change to

Lukaku
      Braithwaite

1. artvandelay316

I'm sticking with Insigne.

• Deulofail

Depends on the rest of your potential captains

1. FALSE PROFIT

8 points as captain? more likely to hurt than help by changing caps

1. Deulofail

Disagree.. You stand to lose a relatively small amount, let's say 0-4 points, by changing.

1. Deulofail

I guess I should say 0-6. But the chances of you completely missing a return are less than half, I'd say.

And to repeat my point fromt he previous page:

Assuming 60+ mins and no negative points:

Eriksen: G + A = 10 or 11pts
                Depay: G + A = 9 or 10pts
                Lewan: G + A = 9 or 10pts
                Cancelo: G + CS = 12 or 13 (or A + CS would be 9pts)

And of course one of them might get more that that.

For me, I'm not going to stick on 8pts from Insigne. 9, also probably wouldn't, but it's close. In general, I'm leaning a little bit more towards riskiness than saftety in such a short tournament format too.

1. Milkman Bruno

You trying to convince us or yourself Deulo ? 😉

1. Deulofail

Oh I'm convinced! I would have changed already if I could. Just challenging the community to change my mind

• svgcr

G + A is easier said than done in a tournament.

Even then you’ll be risking 12 points (6 x 2) if the player blanks with 2pts, for a chance to win an extra 4pts?

Lukaku and Ronaldo might be the headaches here. Currently only on Lukaku.

1. Deulofail

Not sure where you're getting the 12 points from?

1. svgcr

6*** my bad

1. Deulofail

I think the likelihood of me losing 6 points is pretty small. If I get 2 points from my next captain, I'll move the captaincy on. If Eriksen gets 8+ tomorrow, I'll probably stick. But the 0-6 that I'm spending here is not just to get 4. If it were, then it seems like an okay trade anyway, since I think I'm a bit more likely to gain than lose. But a player can also score a hattrick, even though unlikely.

It seems people's logic is reversed in this format. I'm normally the one arguing against people during FPL when they are talking about high captaincy potential (and "upside" and "ceilings") haha

2. artvandelay316

I agree. Given the matches they have, I don't think it's that likely anyone exceeds a goal and an assist. Yes, it can happen, but I'd rather know I've banked a decent amount of points.

2. Rassi

My private leagues are gone. Anyone else with this problem?

1. artvandelay316

Three dots, top right side of app. Select "Leagues".

1. Rassi

Nope

1. artvandelay316

I could get to mine that way, but now they are gone there too. It's because the system is updating. Just need to wait.

1. Rassi

Yeah, I think so too.

2. Phil's Stamps

Mine too.

3. Champ

Yes. Vanished.

1. Champ

Says not joined any private League and when I try to join it says I'm already joined.

4. martyhan

Same here with my private leagues. All gone

1. paul1964

Yeah, I freaked out too but they are back for me now.It's because of the update but that shouldn't really happen.

5. Hairy Potter

Yep mine gone too.

Not sure if the private leagues had updated properly before the deadline. I changed my team name before kick off and my son did a transfer, but in the private league view neither had changed, despite them both showing as changed when looking at out own teams.

• Werner Brothers

Cakir on 3 points
                Stick or swap to Bahnmann?

1. Rassi

Easy swap.

2. Rassi

But wait till Sunday for possible injury news etc.

• Dr. Rog

8 is like 15 in blackjack, and the dealers face up card is a 10.
                twist i reckon, but its marginal.

1. Milkman Bruno

Yeah I’m still undecided. I kinda had in my head that 2x returns would be a stick so 9 points and up. 8 is that very difficult number.

2. dunas_dog

Is it correct that any captain change from Berardi to Lukaku can be done anytime up to 2 pm tomorrow when Wales v Switzerland kicks off?

1. FALSE PROFIT

correct

1. dunas_dog

Thanks

3. JohnnyRev7

Anyone notice that on the opening match of Euro 2020 we don't get a Turkey v Italy pregame preview article with confirmed teams etc like in FPL?

Instead we get "€100k prize pool in FanTeam’s EURO 2020 weekend Monster game".

Says it all about what this site has become.

1. Tomerick

Yep. I miss when it was just about the game but as life imitates art, so too must FPL imitate football.

4. Karan14

Insigne stick or twist?

Options left:
                  Lukaku/Eriksen
                  Depay
                  Torres
                  CR7

1. FALSE PROFIT

I could have put money on that question coming up

1. JohnnyRev7

Suggest it to the admin and they'll get the question sponsored by another gambling firm.

2. Party time

Twist lol

I have Immobile (c), Spinazzola and Insigne in FanTeam 😀 Tied 7th in the world. Not a bad start!

1. Milkman Bruno

Wow, well done. The 100k is yours 😉

2. Milkman Bruno

Damn it. After Italy looking so good, my worry now is that Poland will look trash and Spain will look great also. Then I’ll be hesitant on using LL next MD as I already have 3Spain and Italy.

• Party time

Eriksen(C) for tomorrow. Nice 2 goals & an assist will do

1. Milkman Bruno

I think people are getting waaaay to excited about Denmark. Finland must be absolutely disgracefully bad for people to be assuming double defence and Eriksen are going to go wild.

1. Party time

Game is at Copenhagen & Eriksen is Denmark’s Bruno Fernandes based on stats. Eye test tomorrow for me tho.

Should be Denmark 4-0 Finland if I must pick a scoreline...think Finland will get spanked tbh

• JohnnyRev7

People assumed Turkey would keep it to 0-0 tonight.

1. Milkman Bruno

My point exactly

2. Deulofail

How about double attack? Legit?

3. Johnny Drama

This

• GreennRed

I have him and Lukaku. Captaining Bale. Sure fk it 🙂

2. Chilli Heatwave

So, who are you capping tomorrow? Lukaku or Eriksen?

1. jayzico

Got to be Lukaku

2. bitm2007

Got both going Kaku.

1. JohnnyRev7

Same.

3. Deulofail

Erik or Poulsen. Don't own Lukaku.

4. Party time

Eriksen

• RogDog_jimmy

Eriksen for me. If they both score and win with a cleany then Eriksen gets 8 and Lukaku 6. Even an Eriksen assist would match a Lukaku goal.
                                    Makes a difference.
                                    Not banking on 2 returns for anyone.

• fenixri

Eriksen.

5. Deulofail

First LL2 attempt

Kane Depay Mbappe
                                  KDB Edin Bale Insigne Grealish
                                  Spinazzola Chiellini Zinchenko Alba Pavard
                                  Courtois Lloris

Will compare to actual team when the time comes.

Do you have any general thoughts about how to approach the LL chip in MD2? Or specific thoughts? Just talk to me.

1. Riverside Red

Can't pan anything really until we see the form teams combined with best fixtures

1. Riverside Red

Plan...

2. Deulofail

Let's see how it plans out

3. Dr. Rog

I think you can, and its worth doing so.

If anything not to be too influenced by chasing last weeks points. Chips are about playing the fixtures ultimately.

2. Dr. Rog

think Belgium will flop against Russia and change your assessment.

Yarmalenko is the first midfielder on my team sheet.
                                    Dzyuba will be challenging those 3 for the fwd spots - as it stands is 4th choice for me though.

3. Dr. Rog

Limitless is pretty cool. Maybe they should do it in FPL.
                                    Its would emphasise the word fantasy in football.

4. caldracula

Immobile Kane Mbappe
                                    Insigne Torres Olmo Lorrente Mount
                                    Spina Pavard Varane Zinchenko

6. jayzico

22 points from 2 players. Nice.

1. Chilli Heatwave

Including cap?

1. Deulofail

Considering that no player scored more than 9 points, I'd say it's likely 😀

1. Chilli Heatwave

xD cheers for that.

2. jayzico

Yeah.Insigne. Plus a Berardi assist. I'm twisting tomorrow though def.

Will get Spinazolli for my Limitless thing. What a game he had

1. Chilli Heatwave

He looked class, so attacking. Definitely in my LL too

7. caldracula

33 from 3 and 6 players tomorrow, loving it already.

1. Party time

Well done 🙂

2. DAZZ

Insigne 8 (C), have to twist, especially with Ronaldo on the bench, the ultimate insurance

1. Party time

Absolutely. Ronaldo is definitely the ultimate insurance

• Dr. Rog

insigne twist
                                        spina/immobile stick

• antis0cial

I am tempted to twist, assuming you also have other chances before Ronaldo too.

2. Dr. Rog

Insigne looked class. Would love to see him in the prem.
                                      Baradi reminded me of Lallana for some reason.

1. DAZZ

Insigne was invisible first half, great second half.

1. Dr. Rog

he was making good runs in the first half too. was definetly the spark

2. caldracula

Yeah not impressed with Barardi at all, will be transferring out in MD3 for sure.

3. antis0cial

Insigne Cpt, so like a lot looking into whether to twist.

Lukaku, Depay, FTorres, Ronaldo to come, surely twist?

1. jayzico

Yup.That's the fun of this game. Same boat.

2. Party time

Twist

3. Dr. Rog

what do we think a great score is?

in my head everyone not blanking would be an excellent benchmark.
                                        so 6*12=72.

1. Party time

80 +

• caldracula

Yeah 6 points each is more than enough

2. Vertigo

To confirm (before I actually try it), can I take the armband off someone and still keep the guy in play?

1. Party time

Yes but you can’t give him the armband again

1. Vertigo

Cheers.

2. Dr. Rog

i love this dimension to the game. fascinating

1. Party time

Yeah, same here. it makes it harder for casuals unlike fpl

1. Deulofail

The difficulty increases by 0.00001% but it rewards people who are more obsessive, log in at the right times, and to some extent, are in the right time zones. Less about skill, more about comitment. But I do like it. It's fun for tournament football, but I wouldn't like to see it in FPL.

1. Party time

True but I want manual sub in fpl even if captain rule doesn’t change... In fact I want all of it in fpl 😆

2. RogDog_jimmy

How do you actually do this in the app?

1. Vertigo

Good question. It's not allowing me to change anything yet.

1. RogDog_jimmy

Glad it’s not just me being an idiot then.

2. Deulofail

I assume you have to wait for it to update ("calculate" the points)

2. GreennRed

After update click on player you want to change captain to annd select captain option and update. If you've a plan to swap armband on Sunday but you've any player tomorrow it's no harm to captain tomorrow's player in the meantime. Probably a low chance of a return tomorrow but you'd be sickened if he got an assist and a jammy goal. Can recaptain then on Sunday.

3. Finding Timo

Assume can change captains to luku tomorrow as long as before first game starts ?

1. paul1964

You bet

1. Finding Timo

Great ta

2. JBG

Wow.. I took out Insigne last min for Bruno and switched C to Berardi.. thought 3 Italy player(Spinna, Berardi and Insigne) was too much. Guess it wasn't too much.

1. Dr. Rog

i would advise to try not to think like this. you made a decision based on the information you had at the time and there is nothing you can do about it now. also bruno may score even bigger...

its likely you had every main candidate in your draft at some point.

2. fenixri

Wow and what when Bruno scores hatty?

3. GreennRed

Early days. You can switch the armband tomorrow.

3. bruuuno

Spinazzola cap. Tempted to twist...

Have Lukaku, Depay, F.Torres, Ronaldo following days.

Should I stick or twist?

1. fenixri

My rule is 2 returns enough for stick

1. fenixri

But you have Ronaldo, so maybe twist for fun?

1. bruuuno

Yeah maybe, will sleep on it 🙂

1. GreennRed

Stick. All you'll potentially lose by not captaining Ronaldo is the difference between Spinazzola's points and Ronaldo's.

1. Society

With Greennred, stick. Selected Spinazzola, captained Insigne & I'm sticking, with Mertens, Depay, F.Torres & Gosens yet to play.

4. More Cowbell

We can sub players in off our bench before tomorrow’s games right?

1. JohnnyRev7

Yes. Before the first game kicks off.

2. GreennRed

Sub them in only if they play tomorrow though.

5. FFSbet.com

What a match Novak vs Nadal,3-1 after losing 0-5 in 1st set

1. Party time

Missed it. Would watch the highlights later. Glad Djokovic won

2. A.T

Nuno to be the next Everton boss. How uninspiring is that. Typical Moshiri appointment. Exactly what we don’t need with the current squad.

1. Party time

Lmaooo

• RogDog_jimmy

Yeah seems boring as heck.

• Deulofail

As an Arsenal fan, I'm looking forward to you hijacking the Neves deal

2. Ryancl55

Stick or twist on immobile lads?

1. Party time

Stick imo

1. bruuuno

Interesting that you give different answers to Immobile stick/twist questions

1. GreennRed

?

• GreennRed

Stick, same if you captained him.

2. Finding Timo

Carassaco good pick right ? Just spotted messed up and he is on my bench so going to have to sub on tomorrow for Alaba (should have been other way around with Alaba on bench)

1. Society

You're aware that means you have to do all subbing manually once you tinker once ?

1. Finding Timo

Yes thanks planning on bringing other subs on like Ronny if other players blank