England get their EURO 2020 campaign underway this afternoon and face an ageing Croatia side that halted their march through the World Cup in Russia three years ago.
Gareth Southgate has sprung a surprise with his starting XI, selecting Kieran Trippier (€5.0m) at left-back and overlooking more orthodox options in that position like Ben Chilwell (€6.0m) and Luke Shaw (€6.0m).
Raheem Sterling (€9.5m) and Phil Foden (€8.0m) are the lucky two who get the nod either side of Harry Kane (€11.5m), with Mason Mount (€7.0m) supporting that attacking trident from midfield.
That means that Marcus Rashford (€9.5m) and Jack Grealish (€7.5m) have to be content with places on the bench.
In the absence of the injured Harry Maguire (€5.5m), it’s Tyrone Mings (€4.5m) and John Stones (€5.5m) who start in central defence.
There are some familiar names in the Croatia line-up, with six of the side that started the 2018 World Cup final involved today.
Luka Modric (€8.5m), Ivan Perisic (€8.5m) and Mateo Kovacic (€6.0m) are among the recognisable faces in action.
From a EURO 2020 Fantasy perspective, there are five of the Three Lions’ line-up who can boast a double-digit ownership.
Kane and Mount are both selected by more than 30% of us, with Stones, Foden and Kyle Walker (€5.5m) all sitting in excess of 10% of Fantasy squads.
By contrast, not a single Croatia player is owned by more than 4% of Fantasy managers.
The penalty-taking Modric is the most-popular asset from the 2018 World Cup finalists.
EURO 2020 Fantasy managers can change their captains up until kick-off at Wembley, although Romelu Lukaku‘s (€11.0m) 10-point haul on Saturday evening will see many of us ‘sticking’ with the Belgian for the armband in Matchday 1.
Croatia XI: Livakovic; Vrsaljko, Caleta-Car, Vida, Gvardiol, Modric, Brozovic, Kovacic; Kramaric, Rebic, Perisic.
England XI: Pickford, Walker, Stones, Mings, Trippier, Rice, Phillips, Mount, Foden, Sterling, Kane
Access all EURO 2020 tournament AND qualifier data ONLY with Fantasy Football Scout Premium Membership
JOIN OUR MINI-LEAGUE WITH JUST EAT: 13RHPLTV09
Become a Member and get unrestricted access to our data and articles
Full-year memberships and monthly subscriptions are now available.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.