With the 2021/22 Premier League fixtures released, Fantasy managers can already start thinking about chip strategy and the Blank and Double Gameweeks.
International breaks are often key moments for those considering their first Wildcard of the campaign and, thanks to the fixture release, we now know where they will fall in the FPL schedule.
- First international break: Between Gameweeks 3 and 4
- Second international break: Between Gameweeks 7 and 8
- Third international break: Between Gameweeks 11 and 12
- Fourth international break: Between Gameweeks 30 and 31
Chelsea are expected to be at the heart of this season’s Blank Gameweeks after their Champions League title qualified them for the 2021/22 Club World Cup.
Thomas Tuchel’s men will enter the competition at the semi-final stages, although there is no fixed date for that round, other than the month of December, where Chelsea have the following schedule.
- Gameweek 16: Chelsea v Leeds
- Gameweek 17: Chelsea v Everton
- Gameweek 18: Wolves v Chelsea
- Gameweek 19: Aston Villa v Chelsea
- Gameweek 20: Chelsea v Brighton
If Chelsea make it to the final, they are likely to miss two of these matches.
Meanwhile, the FA Cup will start impacting FPL in Gameweek 30 when it reaches the quarter-final stages, which is almost certainly going to create a Blank Gameweek.
And the semi-finals of the FA Cup occur in Gameweek 33, which could also cause a slightly smaller Blank Gameweek.
As for the corresponding Double Gameweeks, the Champions League and Europa League schedule means that there are clear midweeks to accommodate extra fixtures in Gameweeks 33 and 36.
2021/22 Premier League fixtures
- Who has the best fixtures?
- Who has the worst fixtures?
- Best rotation pairings
- When are the Blank and Double Gameweeks?
- How important is home advantage?
Become a Member and get unrestricted access to our data and articles
Full-year memberships, monthly subscriptions and a FREE trial are all now available.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.