Arsenal were the first club to announce player prices for the 2021/22 Fantasy Premier League season, with Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang‘s (£10.0m) drop in starting price and positional reclassification to a forward the headline news.
The slightly muted reaction from the Fantasy community is indicative of where the Gunners are at present: after successive eight-placed finishes in the Premier League, they are members of the so-called ‘big six’ in much the same way that the Liberal Democrats are considered one of the United Kingdom’s three main political parties.
Mikel Arteta’s attempt to steer the once-great ship back on course has been slow going, with cup exploits probably the chief reason why he hasn’t already gone the way of predecessor Unai Emery.
But some decent form this calendar year has renewed a bit of hope, with Arsenal fourth in the Premier League form table for 2021 (via Transfermarkt):
An early-season double-header against Chelsea and Manchester City aside, the Gunners’ opening fixtures of 2021/22 aren’t too bad.
Newly promoted Brentford are up first, while Arteta’s troops sit top of our Season Ticker from Gameweeks 4-11.
With the Gunners free of the distractions of the UEFA Europa League, and with wholesale rotation less of a concern, might they re-enter the Fantasy radar once again?
It’s a big ask but we’ll assess the good and the bad of the sleeping north London giants in this article here.
You can read this piece and get loads more data on all the players in question (plus much more) in our soon-to-be-revamped Premium Members Area – and there’s a completely free trial available right now.
2021/22 Premier League fixtures
- Who has the best fixtures?
- Who has the worst fixtures?
- Best rotation pairings
- When are the Blank and Double Gameweeks?
- How important is home advantage?
Become a Member and get unrestricted access to our data and articles
Full-year memberships, monthly subscriptions and a FREE trial are all now available.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.