Looking for something to do in the October international break?
Sign up for GoalScorer Challenge (GSC), who have three international Gameweeks running, the first of which kicks off at 19:30 BST today.
Given that it’s the start of October, now’s also a good time to join in – as monthly winners grab a Premium Membership from Fantasy Football Scout.
And best of all, it’s a totally free game!
September’s GSC Summary
Most Gameweeks during September weren’t quite as lucrative as August, with goals harder to come by, but a few people did score in each week of the month:
- Gameweek 4: The first international week of the season saw Cristiano Ronaldo (77 picks) and Romelu Lukaku (56) score twice each, but top pick Kai Havertz (257) missed out against Liechtenstein.
- Gameweek 5: Patrick Bamford (321) was the obvious selection against Andorra, but it was Jesse Lingard (114) who netted a brace.
- Gameweek 6: Another top pick failed, as Mohamed Elyounoussi (307) couldn’t bag a goal against Gibraltar. Armando Broja (75) was the best example of a well-researched international selection as he scored for Albania.
- Gameweek 7: Back to the domestic action, and there were goals everywhere. Top pick Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (504) netted, while Ronaldo (217) and Lukaku (128) both scored twice again.
- Gameweek 8: A few goals around, with Sadio Mane (200) and Teemu Pukki (149) grabbing one each.
- Gameweek 9: ‘Operation Target Norwich City’ was well underway by this point, but Salomon Rondon (234) and Demarai Gray (210) failed to capitalise. The 160 who backed Jamie Vardy for his double will be delighted that own-goals don’t count in this game.
Congratulations to Louie Morrissey, who scored an impressive nine goals in a month! As a result, he wins the FFS Premium Membership for the season.
Internationals: How to Play
For any new players to GSC, international Gameweeks can be tricky. You need to pick a Premier League player who is representing his country, which means checking their game kicks off after the deadline and that your player is definitely in the squad.
- Gameweek 11: Wednesday 6th to Thursday 7th October
- Gameweek 12: Friday 8th to Sunday 10th October
- Gameweek 13: Monday 11th to Wednesday 13th October
The first of these looks difficult to navigate, with not many European fixtures to choose from, but some of the choices in Gameweeks 12 and 13 are plum.
The deadline for Gameweek 11 is at 19:30 BST today, so don’t miss out.
GSC is free to play and it only takes a minute to enter each week. You can create mini-leagues and play against your friends, too.
Full details, rules and entry can be FOUND HERE.