Scout Notes

Vardy and Mbeumo injury latest as Tielemans keeps up fine FPL form

We continue our Fantasy Premier League (FPL) Gameweek 9 Scout Notes with analysis of Brentford v Leicester City.

For a briefer summary of Saturday’s Premier League action, click here, while you can read up on Arsenal v Aston Villa, Leeds United v Wolverhampton Wanderers and West Ham United v Tottenham Hotspur via the links below.

BRENTFORD 1-2 LEICESTER CITY

• Goals: Mathias Jorgensen (£4.5m) | Youri Tielemans (£6.4m), James Maddison (£6.7m)
  • Assists: Mathias Jensen (£4.9m) | Patson Daka (£7.1m)
  • Bonus: Tielemans x3, Jensen x2, Maddison x1, Christian Norgaard (£5.0m) x1

WHY WAS VARDY SUBSTITUTED AT HALF-TIME?

Vardy injury latest as Tielemans keeps up fine FPL form 1

FPL’s joint-top scoring forward, Jamie Vardy (£10.8m), was substituted after 45 minutes in Gameweek 9.

Following the match, Brendan Rodgers revealed that the veteran striker had felt something in his knee during the warm-up, and was taken off after his manager felt he wasn’t moving right in the first-half.

“He felt something in the warm-up, something in his knee but he felt OK to give it a go.

You could see he wasn’t as dynamic or moving like he normally would be, so there was no point risking it further if he’s sore. So, we gave him a breather and brought Patson on.

We will have a look at that tomorrow (Monday).” – Brendan Rodgers

His replacement – Patson Daka (£7.1m) – followed up his Gameweek 8 goal and subsequent four against Spartak Moscow with an assist. When on the pitch, he generally delivers, and if we were to see a period on the side-lines for Vardy, Daka would surely see huge Fantasy interest ahead of Arsenal (h) and Leeds United (a).

CONSISTENT TIELEMANS

Today’s match also saw a wonderful strike by Youri Tielemans (£6.4m), who has now produced two goals and two assists in his last five appearances. Regardless of the system – Leicester have used a 4-3-3, 4-4-2 and 3-5-2 in recent weeks – the Belgium midfielder is thriving, and after collecting maximum bonus, now sits joint-fifth amongst all midfielders for FPL points.

Statistically, amongst all sub-£7.0m midfielders, he ranks sixth for expected goal involvement (xGI), which is partly down to how many of his shots are coming from outside of the box. However, his creative numbers remain excellent.

Youri Tielemans xG shot map 2021/22

Sub £7.0m midfielders ranked by xGI 2021/22

Elsewhere, James Maddison (£6.7m) opened his 2021/22 account after a swift counter-attack, which Rodgers touched on after the game:

“He’s returning to the level, he’s been competitive when he hasn’t got the ball and that keeps the tempo. He showed some real moments of quality.

(The goal) will be really important for him. His job is to create and score goals. When you don’t have that, you do lose confident. We have been analysing his game, and what’s important for him to be at this level.

You can see in his last few performances, he’s gradually got better. I’m delighted for him.”

MBEUMO INJURY NEWS

As for Brentford, it was another encouraging display by Thomas Frank’s troops on Sunday, who dominated for large periods and narrowly won the xG battle.

Up until Tielemans struck, they were comfortably the better team, with Ivan Toney (£6.5m) having a goal controversially ruled out for offside and Bryan Mbeumo (£5.6m) missing a good chance early on. However, the latter looked off the pace and was eventually hooked just before the hour mark. Frank later explained that the withdrawal of the ‘out of position’ midfielder was enforced.

“Bryan Mbeumo and Ethan Pinnock will be out for [the EFL Cup on] Wednesday. Hopefully, they are available for Saturday, it is too early to say yet.

“Bryan is a minor hamstring issue. It is not a big one because that would rule him out for the next couple of weeks. We took him off as it was the early stages so, hopefully, he can be available for Saturday.” – Thomas Frank

Despite today’s setback, the Bees’ are about to embark on an appealing run, as they rank top of our season ticker for ease of fixture between Gameweeks 10 and 16:

Toney and Mbeumo (if fit) are the standout attacking options, but the defence shouldn’t be overlooked. In fact, only Manchester City, Wolverhampton Wanderers and Chelsea have a lower non-penalty xGC total so far this season:

“We deserved three points. We battered them for the first 45 minutes, there were only one team in the game.

I’m proud of the performance and the boys, and although we weren’t as dominant after half-time, and the only thing I can blame us for is the second goal.

We have to do better in terms of recovery and getting back in, but if we can replicate this game again and again, we’d win it seven times out of 10.” – Thomas Frank

Brentford XI: Raya, Zanka, Jansson, Pinnock (Ajer 45), Canos, Onyeka (Ghoddos 77), Norgaard, Jensen, Henry, Toney, Mbeumo (Forss 57)

Leicester XI: Schmeichel, Amartey, Evans, Soyuncu (Vestergaard 68), Pereira, Tielemans, Soumare, Castagne, Maddison (Perez 78), Vardy (Daka 45), Iheanacho

Pre-season price offer extended for FFScout Premium Membership 10

Full-year memberships, monthly subscriptions and a FREE trial are all now available.

• Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
  • Enjoy our Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.

avfc82 https://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/818/history”

1. Dynamic Duos

Best defender upto 4.6m?

1. Finding Timo

Livra

2. Ze_Austin

Livra and Henry

3. GreennRed

White, Duffy.

4. bso

If you could find another.1 and bring in Janssen.

2. Hunta

Foden over Silva?

1. Finding Timo

1. Hunta

Just checking

2. MikeS

Yep

2. bso

He hasn’t been real good for much of the season so a bit hesitant. He won’t be playing NOR again.
        Will think about it though.

3. GW9 Rough with the Smooth
        RedLightning - Top 10k Any …

Rough with the Smooth, Gameweek 9.

How did your Gameweek go? Were your transfers, hits, wildcard, chips or differentials successful? Did you get a big red or green arrow?

You can share your tales of joy and woe here.

1. Babit1967

Small red from 212 k to 228 k

Pros Salah (C), Livramento off the bench, Taa
          Cons: Jota out for Mbeumo, My 2 Chelsea players Azpi and Lukaku, few 1 pointers

2. RedRo

Smooth: Foden I guess.

Rough: captaining Antonio rather than Salah, no Chelsea (had Azpi only)

• Amartey Partey

Rough: Playing Cycling GK over Sanchez, and Having Dennis on the bench (12pts)

Smooth: Brought in Chilwell for this GW and finished with 99.

Up to 32K

• The Aden Flintstones

Forget the Friday deadline, ended up with Lukaku as captain thought I was looking at a sure red arrow, but had Salah (VC) as well as Livramento & Hwang coming on off the bench for Lukaku & Christensen for a GW score of 119 and a green arrow up from 320k to 55k.

• Hy liverpool

Smooth : Liverpool
            Rough : playing fpl

• C-Dawgg

Imagine my joy when I woke up to see Chelsea had scored 7 against Norwich after trading Jota out for Havertz. My day/weekend went downhill rapidly from there.

• lugs

Rough
            i missed out on Bruno's hatty gw1 this year, and Salah's hatty gw1 last year, in fact i don't think i've had any player score a hatrick in my team since Salah's 4 goal haul against Watford a few years ago, definitely not captained one anyway

Smooth
            after waiting so long for a hatrick, i get two in one week thanks to Mount and Salah(c), those two along with Trent, Auba, Broja, Livermento, Gray & Sanchez helping me to a very healthy 117-4 and a +78% green arrow 🙂

• Fabreghastly

Got my annual ton in the bag early on WC and nearly halved my rank. Exactly 100pts so pretty happy

Went Chilly, James, Havertz. Always had Mount in my plans but he hadn't shown enough with H getting the striker role

Playing Mbeumo over Livra or Jime was a mistake and my one week punt on Townsend (for TV gain) got sunk by Ranieri and Everton, being Everton. Guaita is also looking a dodgy pick

• Rossendale Rover

Smooth
            Captained Alonso but he didn't play
            But Salah was my vice captain so life is good.
            Foden and Jota gambles finally paid off too.
            124 points and upto 16k overall.
            Very happy.

• Hotdogs for Tea

Rough
            - taking a -4 to sell injured Lukaku & Doucoure and getting 2 points from Vardy & Mbuemo.
            - just 5 points from Azpil, Saka, Cancelo, Vardy & Mbuemo after a -4

Smooth
            Livra bench jam for Azpil
            Foden, Salah C, Antonio and Hwang

1. Hotdogs for Tea

giving 108 (-4)

2. Hotdogs for Tea

and TAA

• Collie01

Smooth: Salah(c), TAA, James and CHO. Brought in Jimenez over Vardy and Kane so was glad that went unpunished.

Rough: Sold Jota (for CHO but pity I didn't sell Sarr instead). Sarr and Benramha blanks.

• jia you (The No BS League -…

An epic disaster, 31points, Havertz(C), KdB, Sarr, Ronaldo, Raphina, Vardy all blanking...Azpi & Christensen no shows...ugh!

1. jia you (The No BS League -…

900k to 2.4m

1. C-Dawgg

I'll pour one out for you this evening

1. jia you (The No BS League -…

🙂

• Pratik

I really wanted to get Jesus + Havertz, but chickened and got Vardy instead, and left Salah as captain a result. From GW7 to GW9, went from 427k to 100k but I think the difference in points is too little at this point, things can change really quickly. I wouldn't worry about it.

• HMC

Epic win
            117(-4)
            Rank moved from 1.64m to 710k!

Transfers: Lukaku/Jota to Kane/Raphinha - probably would've benched Jota in any case

Smooth: Salah(c) Trent James Foden Livra
            Rough: Dias Raphinha and Guiata (can't buy a cs)

• fusen

9 gameweeks in and I don't think I've had a proper smooth yet. This week was no different

Rough - my gw7 wildcard 'go big' defence of Alonso, rudiger, Dias and cancelo let me down for the 3rd week in a row.
            I made two transfers this week, doucoure and Lukaku both injured so I brought in Vardy and Mbuemo. Both got 1 pointers.

Smooth? I went Salah like most other sensible people so I at least didn't finish even lower. I'm sitting outside the 1m OR rank and only dropped 1,000 places. So woohoo, a wasted gameweek!

1. fusen

Oh actually, I just thought of a smooth.

For the last two weeks I've put money against my defences keeping cleansheets and won each time. So although my FPL season is going well I'm at least increasing my bank balance from if

1. PastaConcerto

Is Ederson on your payroll? Why on earth did he do that?

• Crunchie

Getting Vardy instead of Toney and going Havertz and Azpi no show to get Livra points Salah Capt.Smooth
            Rough. Bottling to not go Mount instead as i priced myself out of Havertz move even though in my mind and advice people to do it. Especially for free (but mine was for a -4) as I was benching Saka anyway. Brighton pen which was offside cost two City defenders Dias and Cencelo CS.

• RedLightning - Top 10k Any …

Two smooths:

Daniel Masson-Abraham, the leader of the FFS Members mini-league, is now the new world number one, 18 points ahead of previous world number one Ryan Agalawatta after scoring 122 points in GW9 with double digit contributions from Salah(C), Mount, Chilwell and TAA.

And Srecko Kurtovic, the new leader of the open-to-all FFS mini-league, has jumped over 500 place to 6th overall after scoring 131 with double digit contributions from Salah(C), Foden, Smith Rowe, James, Chilwell and TAA.

• Maarrrr17

Brought in Havertz for Mahrez and put Captain on him.

Woke up at 3am (an hour before the 4am deadline here) and put captain back on Salah.

• Original - Wolves Ay We

Brought in Mbeumo and Vardy for GW 9 replacing Sarr and Lukaku. Both played and got injured before 60 minutes and got one point each.

On Friday night made an early move for Raphina to replace Gallagher, you guessed it, he also got injured before 60 minutes and got one point.

• Jafalad

91 points.
            Obviously, Sunday's games transformed everything. I made two free trades: Cancello in for Semedo and Vardy for Lukaku.
            I thought about bringing in Havertz but watching him v Malmo in midweek did not convince me.
            Salah c, TAA and Livramento worked out. Antonio apart. the rest did not.
            Green arrow of 20k with a gameweek rank of 1 million is more than satisfactory.

• Hiiler

I'm happy with my GW. Although my free transfer was not great Jota to Havertz. So lost some points there. But a total of 106 is pretty good result I think.It's my best score so far for a GW this season.

• Levi's 501

Smooth- Mount
            Rough- not captaining Salah undid all of Mounts hard work 🙁

• Disturbed

Smooth - salah c, rudiger
            Rough - ronaldo jota doucoure > vardy raph havertz -4

• JabbaWookiee

Rough: Azpi only Chelsea

Smooth: Jota first on bench

1. Andy_Social

Smooth: phenomenal season-high score of 111 takes me around OR 5K
              Rough: leaving ESR on the bench - his points would have got me into top 1K.

• Arsene's boys

Rough- Transferred out Joshua King, but at least it was for Hwang who is probably better long term
            Smooth- Got 129 points (-12) took out Alonso for James. Christensen and Tierney didn't play which brought TAA and Livramento on from my bench. Just about decided to play ESR over Mbuemo. Foden, Salah (c) and Antonio were the rest of my returns. Gameweek rank of nearly 5000. Up from 2 million to 800k. Insane gameweek

• HollywoodXI

Dropped from 45k to 95k OR. Transferred in Vardy and Mbeumo for a hit only for both to get injured and a solitary point. Christensen no show. Did captain Salah and had Trent and Antonio thankfully. 84 points all out.

• Deulofail

Smooth: I sold Shaw for James before the end of the previous gameweek.

But then.... after team news on deadline day....

Rough: I took a -8 to sell Lukaku and Odegaard for Edouard and Havertz(c), which allowed me to bench Smith Rowe (13) and Alexander Arnold (10)...

Vardy injured before the game but still limped to a 1-pt. If he didn't play, I'd have ESR's points at least.

If I didn't make the deadline day move, I'm have captained James or Foden since I figured I had no good vice captain besides Vardy (I know no one will believe me and we can't know for sure haha). So the 2 needless transfers costed me 28 points excluding captaincy, or 38-41 points including.

.Also I don't own Salah.

• Rohirrims

Rough fortnight with a 10x rankings fall from 50k to 540k.

This week made the early move to go for Raphinha in for Jota which cost me 10 points.

Then the Lukaku injury news broke and Saka was struggling as well and hadn't trained till Arteta's press conference. Saw a good opportunity to get in on City attack and have a differential captain to everyone's Salah. So took a -8 to bring (K)dB and Toney. KdB benched and worse cameo'd and Toney blanked for a gain of 1 or a net gain of -7.

Had I not made the early moves I would have just swapped Lukaku to Vardy or most probably Jesus and capped Salah. This would have netted me about 40 more points from where I am now and my OR would be in the top 100k but the opportunity to get on KdB earlier than the others blinded me.

• Flowsick

Very smooth. 117 pts, catapulted from 60k to just into top 10k. Transfer was Alonso to Chilwell.

Smooth: Salah captain, TAA, Chilwell, Foden, ESR, Antonio
            Rough: Livramento was second sub and didn't come off the bench for Lukaku.

• Sandbag01

I’ve been working in Zambia filming a wildlife show. Internet was not great so didn’t make any changes when Lukaku got injured except change the captaincy to Salah. Flying home over three days to the UK we got to watch the first half of LIV Man U on a de-tuned TV at the little airport in bush. Finally got to the capital, and good wifi to see I scored 105 points and up to 45K, a jump of about 100K! Thanks to Smith Rowe and Livramento too! It’s a funny old game

• ViperStripes

Smooth: 100% Green Arrow record this season, now at 55k, somehow managed a 100k jump this week even though I didn't have Chilwell or James or Antonio

Rough: Stuck with Alonso another week. Have scored 1 pt from Chelsea defenders in 5 GW's! Have now done Alonso > Chilwell. Queue a bnching this week from Chilwell and an Alonso brace.

• Mambino

Smooth - big GW score
            Rough - sold Mount and Foden first thing Saturday morning so I could bring in Son

1. Arsene's boys

Use your free hit to get them back

• Chemical76

Odd week.

First hit taken. Traore and Ronaldo > Havertz and Vardy. No gain in game week points but -4.

Contrasting to highest gw score of season, 115.

Highs: Mo, Foden, Dennis (from bench)

Lows: taking a hit....

Up to 17k

• Cilly Bonnolly

Rough: Jota to Havertz for a hit, and also brought Vardy in for Ronaldo, and he might be injured now. Started Alonso AGAIN thinking this might be the week he gets a game. Ederson blowing my Cancelo clean sheet.

Smooth: Captained Salah while 2nd and 3rd in my minileague went for Aubameyang and Vardy. Livramento off the bench for Alonso. TAA doing the business again.

• tricpic

Rough:
            -4 to bring in Kai
            Dennis on bench
            Dennis now suspended
            Smooth:
            Didn’t captain Kai

• Lemongrab

How's this for rough. Took a -8 to 'set my team up for the next few weeks'

Out;
            Lukaku 0
            Benrahma 3
            Smith Rowe 13

In;
            Vardy 1
            Mbuemo 1
            Raph 1

For a wonderful net score of -21 and 3 injured players. An absolute disaster.

• Van der Faart

Smooth. 99. The obvious ones being Salah(C), TAA, Livra. Grealish, Gray, Hwang and Antonio being the other returners. 190k to 100k.
            Rough: played Foster over Sanchez which would have put me over the ton. Second week this season I've been just shy of it.

• The Naga Khan

A smooth 112 points thanks to Salah (captain), Mount and Chilwell which took me from 90203 to 27352 and clear in my money mini leagues! The rough took an early transfer to get Chilwell in for Rudiger which meant I did my first -4 of the season to brink Kane in for Lukaku. Blank from Kane but he's in ready for Spurs decent fixture run. Livramento first sub didn't come into the team so only Canelo for 1 point!

• Rassi

Rough: tried to be clever and switched captaincy from Salah to Kane. Yeah...

Smooth: still managed 106 points. Thanks to Mount, ESR, TAA, Rudiger and Livra.

• Maximus Bonimus Pointimus

Rough: Backed Chelsea's striker to get even one of Chelsea's 13 FPL goal involvements in a 7-0 win - which apparently the universe thought it would be quite fun to turn into a big mistake

Smooth: Trent getting his 89th & 90th returns in his last 103 league starts / cruising to top of the defender charts and getting to savour this week's latest instalment of mental gymnastics from non-owners

• Bouncebackability

I don’t want to talk about it.

1. RedLightning - Top 10k Any …

(He captained Havertz, scored 67 and dropped out of the top 5k down to 66k). Rough!

2. Sharkytect

Just seen. Mate, I'm, sorry - punished for being bold.

• FOMFF

Vardy my only real rough. Would have broken even if I'd stayed on Ronaldo and taken 2FT into this week
            Smoothest week yet - 119 pts, up to 46k. Livra, Foden & Grealish all landing on top of the usual suspects

• The White Pele

ESR to Havertz(C) as a part of -12. Huge red arrow from 530k to 1m!

• Sharkytect

Smooth - captained Salah
            Rough - so did everyone else. I got a red arrow.

• Firminoooo

Rough: -40 point swing because of Lukaku injury. Brought in Vardy and Havertz (-4) for Mahrez. Captain on Salah and changed to Havertz last minute. More Rough: Mbuemo and Vardy of before 60min and Livramento stayed on the bench.

Smooth: 92(-4) and a green arrow.

• Lennox142320

Very rough: Where to start… Transfered out Lukaku to Vardy and Jota to Havertz (-4). Havertz captain blank while Salah did what he did. Jota goal and assist. Christensen benched. Double City defence clean sheet wipeout. Mbeumo and Vardy off before 60. Raphina injured. Sa clean sheet wipeout in 90th min… rank drop from 216k to 733k

• kysersosa

Rough; having A.Armstrong’s 1 min appearance block ESR’s 13 off the bench.

Smooth; having Mount in my starting 11 and captaining Salah.

• ringwraith
            1 month, 1 day ago

Rough: Livramento-hit post, Azpi, Tierney no play, Raphina and Mbuemo < 60min/inj, hit bringing in Raphina for Mahrez(6-pts), crap penalty killed Semedo CS coming off bench, only 1 player off bench.

Smooth: Livramento goal, Mount and Salah(C) hatties, 108 points total moving up to 28k.

• ktk_interista
            1 month, 1 day ago

Rough. The move Sarr-> Mount or Benrahma -> Foden penciled in since GW7 for GW9 with 1 FT. Simple and easy and have the exact money for it. Then Lukaku and Werner injuries happen and suddenly I can get whoever I want and Havertz becomes a differential captain playing as a no9 and guaranteed to start so I do Lukaku-> Toney and Sarr->Havertz for a hit and captain Havertz. If I had just stuck to the plan and left Lukaku benched I would have capained Salah (if I went Foden) or Mount and got Livra points off the bench. Factoring captaincy, that is a 43-53 point swing depending on who I got in. Dropped from 365k to 630k when I could have easily been well in the top 100k now. Season defining point swing.

• MINUS FOUR
            1 month, 1 day ago

Smooth: 134 points and up to 155k from 1m OR, and from 1.4m OR before GW8 Wildcard. Mount, Foden, James, TAA, Livramento and Salah (C) the stars of the show. GW rank of 1,796.

Rough: Pretty much all the other gameweeks so far this season except GW1.

• Honker Muddlefoot
            1 month, 1 day ago

Rough: talked myself into a -4 Jota > Zaha 9 minutes before deadline. 2 transfers of Jota and Vardy = -2 net gain

Smooth: Trent and Mo bringing my GW score wfrom 35 to 93 on Sunday.

• Ruffio
            1 month, 1 day ago

Rough. Brave Alonso captain

Smooth. Salah vice and mount in the team
            GW score of 101! Bullet dodged

3. CoracAld2831

Havertz owners (non-owners can join too), what are you (we) going to do with him regarding GW10?

A: Mind as well keep him now
          B: Get rid
          C: Other answer, what?

1. MikeS

2. Atletico Junior

Keep him until Lukaku is back

3. HMC

I'd worry if he plays midweek Carabao
            I think it's a system thing, no coincidence a lot of their goals come from wide positions and not strikers.
            Probably worth keeping another week depending on other injuries
            Glad to have avoided this situation

4. Fabreghastly

I got him as Son's placeholder for 2 or 3 games. Sticking with the plan with Newcastle up next. Unless I hear Luka is back

5. Firminoooo

My captain…. Stil crying. Need more time before know what to do.

4. MikeS

Mount in for:

A. Benrahma
          B. Raphina

?

1. Firmino

Neither this week

2. Amartey Partey

B. If injured

1. Finding Timo

Agree

5. Gudjohnsen

Do I need to rethink playing fpl if I always kick myself if my moves don't work for example did Jota to Mbuemo but captained Salah and got 89 points after a hit? Still think about my bad move even though it was an ok gw.

1. MikeS

You need a beer

2. HMC

Watch this for some solace https://twitter.com/lateriser12/status/1451986356939362304?s=20

1. Gudjohnsen

Thanks for that.
              Will watch that with a Stella on my hand.

3. Babit1967

Done the same mate, wouldn’t worry too much, in hindsight was a good move with doubts on Jota’s playing time, not many here would have predicted Mane missing out

4. Original - Wolves Ay We

Next week Jota may not even play and Mbeumo may score a brace. You make such transfers for the long term, not just one GW.

5. Rossendale Rover

No I think the move was sensible before the games were played. Mbeumo is in form and now has excellent fixtures. Jota hasn't played and Liverpool were expected to have difficult game v Utd.... I think Mbeumo will repay that decision over the next few weeks. He has been so unlucky, and so have you. Keep the faith.

6. Amartey Partey

Is Toney ever going to score?

1. Finding Timo

Hwang better option

1. HMC

This is what I'm thinking, not worth paying 0.8m for penalties as 3rd striker

1. Finding Timo

Sorry I am fed up owning Toney

1. EffPeeEll

emmmbwemmo will outscore him

2. GreennRed

Gonna keep a bit longer if Raphina injury keeps him out next GW.

2. Major League Shocker

The Bees' good fixtures start now. If you bring a player in early, you can't get too frustrated when he doesn't return in the tougher fixtures.

7. Bobby_Baggio

Should I get Benrahma out or ASM?

Sanchez
          TAA - Livramento - Rudiger
          Benrahma - Son - Salah - Raphina
          ASM - Vardy - Antonio

White - Marcal - Brownhill

1. Bobby_Baggio

0.2m ITB

2. GreennRed

Benrahma but depends who you're planning to replace them with.

1. Ze_Austin

Stop the count!

2. 1912 F.A Cup Winners

It’s my fault!! I brought him in this week!! It’s now DCL, Bamford, Rudiger(Brentford game), Doucoure, Raphinha and now Mbeumo for me!!

1. 1912 F.A Cup Winners

Since gameweek 4

1. Ze_Austin

At least you're consistent

Take a breather. Focus on other things. Maybe even set a semi-zombie team (at least there's a permacap now) and come back for the GW12 fixture swings

1. 1912 F.A Cup Winners

Haha might be a good idea mate!! I’d like to apologise in advance to Chillwell and Foden owners as I’ve brought them in for next week already!! Looks like it will be livramento to the rescue again for me next week!!

8. Cynical

Lukaku to Kane? Or go cheaper (Jesus, Toney) and bank the money to upgrade Sarr the following week?

1. GreennRed

Hwang, Antonio or Jimenez either.

1. Cynical

Got 2/3 already. Maybe a -4 is necessary to shift the funds into midfield.

9. NWallis

Can you remember the pre-season Soldado hype years ago. I am still disappointed.

Sent from phone

1. HMC

haha so true
            modern day Werner

2. Mooster©️

After that death grip on Alejo’s throat I dare not to hate him

10. Coaly

Chilwell or Cancelo?

City conceding less chances but Chilwell getting into really good positions

1. Finding Timo

Chilwell

2. GreennRed

Chilwell.

11. MASTER ROSHI

Schmichel (ward)
          TAA Rudiger White (Livra Duffy)
          Salah Jota Raphinha Mbeumo Saka
          Vardy Antonio (A.Armstrong)

A) White > Cancelo
          or
          B) Armstrong > Hwang

12. Hits from the Bong

So undecided. What’s the priority here? Son, James, Chilwell, Foden, Mount, TAA?

Sanchez
          Cancelo Rudiger Livramento
          Salah Raphina Benrahma Gray
          Ronaldo Vardy Antonio

Steele McArthur Duffy Williams
          £2.4m itb

13. FCSB

Mbeumo Raphinha Vardy all possible injury doubts...

Throw in a few rotation risks...

Going to be an interesting midweek of EFL games

1. HMC

when it rains it pours!
            hopefully all minor injuries
            how did you end up this week?

1. FCSB

108 v happy really (TAA James Foden Salah the key contributors, with Jimenez and Antonio helping out too)

How about you mate?

1. HMC

Very nice. Yeh 117(-4) here
                Salah Trent Foden James Livra Antonio
                Lukaku for Kane I’m fine with but sold Jota for Raphinha.
                Looking at Toney/Mbuemo but more injuries and possibly Hwang for Armstrong

1. FCSB

That’s an awesome score!

Let’s see how this week pans out re injuries… even with CL and EFL cup games midweek there’s an FPL interest for us

2. Pep's Money Laundry

I've got these 3 too, plus Duffy and players from city & Chelsea. A horrible week awaits

14. HMC

1 in 3 teams still don't own Salah

15. Finding Timo

Walker or James on WC? (Also going chilwell & cancello)

1. GreennRed

James

1. Finding Timo

Ok cheers guess due to attacking threat

1. GreennRed

Yeah, though I only have Rudiger of Chelsea and City defenders. Avoiding rotation where possible.

16. jaguar shark

Cancelo to Chilwell too risky?

1. Hazz

Why? 6 CSs (from 9)and 2 assists not good enough?

1. jaguar shark

Did you watch the Chelsea game?

2. Freshy

Id figure a better way to get Chilly

17. Amartey Partey

A. Firmino
          B. Huang
          C. Toney

1. Arfaish

Toney for the next three

1. Esalman

A and B; forget 1 and 2

19. Fabreghastly

Conte unZidaned why Ole Hassenhuttl been sacked yet. It's a Farkeing Dychegrace

1. ToffeePot

I logged in just to find again and applaud this comment! Nice1

20. Amartey Partey

How bad was the Vardy injury? Will he be back next GW?

1. Mooster©️

Probably. Just a little knee ache according to the news

2. Ze_Austin

It was noticed before the game. They decided to go on with it. Withdrawn at half time as a precaution because he wasn't moving sharply enough. Everything points to a minor knock (especially playing 45 minutes without aggravating it). There'll be a scan tomorrow, and Leicester has been good for team news so far, so we'll just wait

3. C0YS

Expected to be back

21. Mooster©️

Why was Duffy benched? Injury?

1. Amartey Partey

Managerial stupidity.

2. TorresMagic™ - 6dcode

They were playing Man City.

1. Mooster©️

Think he will be back next GW?

1. TorresMagic™ - 6dcode

Liverpool next, rather take a 0.

1. Mooster©️

Oh, yes, indeed. Tnx

22. C0YS

Is it too much of a kneejerk to get Foden for -4?

He would play instead of Greenwood/Gray/Livramento.

Worth it? If not, who would you play?

1. jaguar shark

Prob play livramento before a -4…

2. Eh, just one more thing ...

Start Livra v Watford … wouldn’t take a -4

3. Fabreghastly

The Pep rotation fear is holding me off from getting Foden for free

1. Eh, just one more thing ...

This … gonna wait a few days … make sure it’s not recency bias whispering in my ear …

23. Hunta

Experiment has failed! Still top of my mini I’d but the gap has closed. Surgery now in progress and help would be much appreciated

Sanchez(Foster)
            Livramento,Cancelo,Matip(Marcal,Amarty)
            Salah,Bruno,Mbuemo,Gray,Raphina
            Ronaldo,StMax(Dennis)

1FT 1.1M itb. Can’t risk more than an -8 hit.

A - Bruno,StMax>Foden,Vardy

B - Bruno,StMax>Foden,Vard + Marcal>Chalobah

C - Bruno,StMax>Foden,Vard + Raphina>Mount

D - Bruno,StMax>Silva,Vardy + Amarty>Chalobah

1. Fabreghastly

I don't like any of those options

If you are losing Bruno then I'd prefer Son. There is also a case for Rodaldo to Kane

Mount and Foden have just had their big hauls. You'll be getting their blanks for a hit as well as the good stuff

Raphina is one of the best in the League, is he definitely out? It's probably only 1 or 2 games

1. Hunta

The Son option is on my radar but for the following week. Was thinking Foden as I just see City getting the better of the goals scored next GW. Unsure of Raphs injury just getting frustrated with the lack of hauls when I need them.

2. Aztec Kamara

Is Kovacic being overlooked in the cheap M bracket? Is the expectation that he won’t maintain it when compared to Smith-R etc.?

1. tyron

Most definitely just with rlc kante and jorg we never know when he can bench. But definitely being slept on

2. Major League Shocker

Yeah, he keeps delivering and deserves consideration at least. Like with Gundo last year, people struggle to put past seasons out of their minds in this game.

3. Skonto Rigga

Most off-putting aspect would be the rotation risk with Kante, Jorginho, RLC and, to a lesser extent, Saul and Barkley competing with him for (usually) two central midfield spots.

1. Aztec Kamara

Yes agreed but he’s got decent minutes in every game so far so seems to be in favour? Or are some of the others back available now?

4. Fabreghastly

Tuchel trust him and rates him. He makes the key defence splitting passes that most others don't see. You could see that CHO trusted that pass for the 2nd goal. He sprinted off as soon as he saw Kova was getting the ball and the pass was played to perfection as he expected. Kova could have had 5 assists

On the downside, he'll be assisting the assist a lot and will take up a Chelsea slot in your team. They all get rested so that's hardly worth listing

3. tyron

Not sure who cares but will be honest... I've had a headache over 24 hours now due to havertz (c) and everyone in my league capping Salah. I have dropped from first for the first time for the season and now I will be playing catch up I just feel so depressed it's not even funny.

With that being said do havertz owners believe he will keep his place vs newcastle?

1. RedRo

Depends on Werner/Lukaku news (he’s not necessarily safe after that) but I think he keeps his place.

I captained Antonio over Salah. Really gutted too but keep your chin up mate. It’s a long season.

1. tyron

Appreciate this bro. Really.. need it. Goodluck to you moving forward

1. RedRo

Thanks mate. You too

2. Big_Andy_GAWA

I did the exact same. Hasn't bothered me one bit (and these decisions often do). Havertz was the logical choice for me. Who knew what would happen at O.T. that did happen...!?? 🙂

1. tyron

Hmmmm interesting take. How do u treat him moving forward though? Giving him newcastle surely?

2. TorresMagic™ - 6dcode

Being in the lineup helped so if neither forward is back, why not.

3. Mooster©️

Sorry to hear. The leader in my league capped Vardy. I’m the new no uno

1. tyron

Definitely a nice feeling. Congrats. I feel like I committed fpl suicide. Just can't seem to get it off my mind

2. Big_Andy_GAWA

Long season, dude. Good planning etc. and you'll be bouncing again... 😀

1. tyron

Thanks mate. Will try to remember this.

4. Must.Go.Faster.

Probably better to direct the question to Chelsea fans rather than Havertz owners.

I hope he does though. Gonna captain that dude again.

1. tyron

Lol I'm actually a Chelsea fan and I have not a clue at this point. Possibly blinded by fpl side of things.. I mean it's logical that he keeps his place dependent on the status of werner and lukaku

1. Must.Go.Faster.

Lost my lead in my ML too; went from 30 ahead, to 40 behind bcz of Havertz (C) which was a genius idea; it just didn’t work out…
                        Now, there’s no pressure in trying to keep the lead anymore.
                        So, even if it’s only GW9, gonna have some fun with it, take some hitzzzzzzzzz(not that kinda hits)/risks, and see how it goes.

1. tyron

Wow. Ok similar scenario re the points. So it hurts. Must say u have a different approach or feeling I this moment to me definitely because I'm scared to take a hit now..

1. Must.Go.Faster.

On top of that, I went from 3k (live rank) to 132k. It’s comeback time!

5. Goooo Rickie

6. Baps hunter

Tuchel is even worse then Pep, impossible to guess.

7. Original - Wolves Ay We

If it had paid off and Havertz had hauled and Salah had blanked then you'd be the one over the moon and we would have the headaches. You took a calculated risk and knew the consequences, just relax and do what you did that took you to the top in the first place. It's only a game, even if we are addicted to it.

1. tyron

Appreciate the blunt reality. Probably needed to read that. Coupled with the words of comfort. We move!

2. tyron

And definitely addicted...

8. jia you (The No BS League -…

I got Havertz(C) in for a hit, my two Chelsea defenders didn't show up and all my big hitters blanked 35(-4)...that should make you feel better!

1. tyron

It doesn't buddy. Because I do not wish this feeling on anyone. If it affects u as it does to me in this moment. I'll be around mate. We got to plan the rebuild.

1. jia you (The No BS League -…

was very frustrating having Havertz, KdB and Sarr when their teams scored so many without their involvement...almost deleted my team actually!

1. tyron

What's your approach or plan moving forward. I'm with u man I understand

2. Must.Go.Faster.

Yea, but you don’t count since you can’t own Salah. You’d have at least 53 if you weren’t in the no bullshot, but with an ‘i’, league

9. Fabreghastly

It would be really bad management to drop him after this game. You could see he felt it, that he was missing out so axing him could kill of his confidence completely

Literally every one of his team mates will be trying to set him up for a goal next week. They will all want him to score and get back to his best

1. tyron

Hmmm interesting perspective. This helps..best thing I've read lol fureal

• tyron

Hey guys my havertz cap has me so depressed just gona be stuck playing catch up now but this is my team heading into gw 10. Already ridded shaw for Trent. Anything worth a minus here?

Ramsdale
                  Taa rudiger azpi
                  Salah (c) havertz gray sarr benrahma
                  Ronaldo Antonio
                  Foster livramento Dennis Williams

Personally don't see anything worth a minus but hey.. I saw something in havertz cap and here I am..... any advice welcomed..

• Make United Great Again

Is Azpi > Chilwell -4 madness?

1. Goooo Rickie

2. tyron

I'm wondering the same... will feel stupid if he starts

1. Make United Great Again

Aye. Probably a transfer to do for free but those Chilwell hauls are so enticing

3. Scholes Out For Summer

Yeah I think so. Basically needs Chilly to score or assist and Azpi to not and not get bonus

1. Big_Andy_GAWA

He (Chilwell) surely won't keep it up. Or *will* he...?!!? 😀

4. Hotdogs for Tea

why not sell different defender instead of Azpil and double up ?