Joe, Seb and Andy help Fantasy Premier League (FPL) managers prepare for Gameweek 13.
This week, the Scoutcast crew tackle the myths of Fantasy Premier League management as they look ahead to the weekend’s games and keep a watchful eye on upcoming festive fixture congestion.
Never make an early transfer. Don’t captain a defender. Avoid handing the armband to a player in the Saturday lunchtime fixture. These are among the myths put forward by the community under consideration in this episode.
Should such mythical notions be consigned to the dustbin?
In addition, each of our intrepid Scoutcast adventurers takes a myth that has annoyed them over the years to task.
For Seb, the notion that FPL managers require differentials is in need of a rethink. This chat takes in issues around combinations of highly owned players being different enough.
Meanwhile, Joe wonders whether reports of the demise of 3-4-3, due to the proliferation of excellent attacking options at the back, may be a myth. He puts forward the case for three strikers up top and still limiting budget in defence.
As news broke of an injury to Chelsea’s Ben Chilwell (£6.0m) towards the end of the stream, many may certainly be reconsidering investing heavily in their rearguard.
For Andy, he tackles the mythical money-saving merits of drafting in a non-playing cheap asset, especially with Christmas rotation on the horizon. He asks, is Aston Villa’s benchwarmer Keinan Davis (£4.4m) a myth?
Elsewhere, there are fixtures to frisk, transfer plans to ponder and captaincy plans to discuss.
They also reveal their differentials to consider, for those who still believe in the rank climbing powers of a low-owned gem.
Full-year memberships, monthly subscriptions and a FREE trial are all now available.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.