We have chosen our best Fantasy Premier League (FPL) players for Gameweek 20 ahead of today’s 13:30 GMT deadline.
There are seven selections from Tuesday’s round of matches as we try to avoid too many unnecessary risks, given the potential for more late-in-the-week postponements – it wouldn’t be a surprise to see Everton v Newcastle United fall, for example, given the myriad injury and illness issues at both clubs.
We have gone for a 4-5-1 formation this time and, as ever, we are limited to an £83.0m budget for our starting XI.
Our four substitutes, meanwhile, are chosen from the budget/mid-price crop of players to give some potentially cost-effective alternatives to the big hitters who invariably make the initial cut.
Crystal Palace aren’t exactly in stellar defensive form but they’ll have every chance to boost their meagre clean sheet count on Tuesday, when the division’s lowest scorers pay a visit to Selhurst Park. With none of the Eagles’ defenders offering too much in the way of attacking threat, Jack Butland (£4.4m) gets the nod as a budget-freeing pick between the sticks. Patrick Vieira’s side, as every stats nerd will keep reminding you, boast the fifth-lowest expected goals conceded (xGC) tally this season, with those underlying numbers so far not translating into shut-outs.
This article is completely free to read but requires a Fantasy Football Scout account for access – you can get yours at no cost here.
Full-year memberships, monthly subscriptions and a FREE trial are all now available.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.