The revised fixture list for Double Gameweek 22 was announced by the Premier League on Thursday morning, with eight top-flight sides playing twice.
Brentford, Brighton and Hove Albion, Burnley, Chelsea, Leicester City, Manchester United, Tottenham Hotspur and Watford are the clubs who have two fixtures in the upcoming Gameweek.
There is a caveat: this proposed schedule is subject to change should any FA Cup third-round matches involving these teams or their second Double Gameweek 22 opponents be postponed this weekend. In the event of that happening, the outstanding cup ties would be played in this free midweek instead.
GAMEWEEK 22 DOUBLES
- Brentford: Liverpool (a), Man Utd (h)
- Brighton: Crystal Palace (h), Chelsea (h)
- Burnley: Leicester (h), Watford (h)
- Chelsea: Manchester City (a), Brighton (a)
- Leicester: Burnley (a), Spurs (h)
- Man Utd: Aston Villa (a), Brentford (a)
- Spurs: Arsenal (h), Leicester (a)
- Watford: Newcastle (a), Burnley (a)
There is a real mixed bag of ‘doubles’ here, with Brentford’s two games unappealing and Chelsea and Spurs having far from straightforward tests.
The best pairings are arguably those of Watford and Burnley, although which players from these two clubs beyond Emmanuel Dennis (£6.1m) and/or Joshua King (£5.8m) represent attractive targets is another question.
Liverpool, West Ham United and even Everton, whose players some of us would have loaded up on ahead of Double Gameweek 21, have very decent ‘single’ Gameweeks, meanwhile, so as ever a balancing act would seem to be the way to go.
DATES AND TIMES OF THE ADDITIONAL FIXTURES
Tuesday 18 January
19:30 Burnley v Watford
20:00 Brighton v Chelsea
Wednesday 19 January
19:30 Leicester v Spurs
20:00 Brentford v Man Utd
Full-year memberships, monthly subscriptions and a FREE trial are all now available.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.