Sponsored by Fanteam
There’s not much time left to get your entries in for FanTeam’s free-to-play Second Chance half-season Fantasy game, which offers a prize pool of £100,000 despite not costing a penny to enter!
We’ve enlisted the services of 2020/21 FanTeam champ Josh Wooldridge this season and, after he previously shared his expert tips on the Second Chance game, he now reveals his own team plans ahead of Friday’s deadline.
David de Gea
Great upcoming fixtures and has a double this Gameweek – an easy inclusion for me.
Really good fixtures for one of the best defenders on the game. Nothing has changed with him so I want him from the start in Second Chance!
Probably the best value pick on FanTeam so far this season. Plays for the most solid defence in the league, and is amongst the division’s most attacking defenders. An easy but exceptionally solid pick.
I want a Burnley defender as they are extremely cheap and have four games in hand on some teams – the most in the league. The first of these outstanding matches is scheduled to be in Double Gameweek 22.
Rounding off my defence is Marcal. Wolves have been the best-value defence of the season so far, and Marcal has secured a starting spot recently since coming back from injury. He’ll also be needed at centre-half with Romain Saiss away at AFCON.
Another Liverpool man again with no double but Jota’s inclusion again was trivial for me. With no Mohamed Salah around, Jota is probably the Liverpool option to have and is a genuine armband contender for Gameweek 23.
A possibility to have a Double Gameweek next week (Gameweek 23), I am going to go with the Leeds man from the start, and hope I get rewarded against a slightly shaky-looking West Ham defence.
The toughest pick for my team, but with uncertainty over Leicester’s fixtures, I have gone for Mount over James Maddison and Youri Tielemans in my final midfield slot. I will then use Mount as my slot to get Salah back, downgrading one of my two strikers in order to do so.
Still gets the nod for me over Emmanuel Dennis, but both are great options. King is the FanTeam pick though, with 90 minutes and penalties in his favour!
With Son Heung-min out, the decision over which Spurs attacker to go for became a formality. I am really big on their double and hope Kane steps up in the absence of his teammate.
Despite being a tad underwhelming of late, Ronaldo will be my captain this week, so is a must-have in my draft. With two favourable fixtures and Manchester United in desperate need of a win, I am going to pay up for him and hope he delivers.
Five Players I like that didn’t quite make it in
- Phil Foden
- Ollie Watkins
- Jose Sa
- James Maddison
- Jarrod Bowen
WATCH JOSH AND AZ’S LATEST VIDEO
#ad 18+ begambleaware.org
Full-year memberships, monthly subscriptions and a FREE trial are all now available.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.