Burnley and Leicester City will now only have a ‘single’ Gameweek at best after the Premier League confirmed on Friday that Saturday’s match between the two clubs has been postponed.
This time it was the Clarets who submitted a postponement application due to a number of injuries and Covid-19 cases within their first-team squad.
Sean Dyche’s side are, of course, also scheduled to be in action next Tuesday against Watford, so it remains to be seen whether the situation at Turf Moor has improved sufficiently for that fixture to go ahead.
Leicester’s one and only Gameweek 22 match is now at home to Tottenham Hotspur next Wednesday.
This latest postponement means that Burnley and Leicester now each have four outstanding league fixtures to rearrange, with the Foxes’ Gameweek 27 match against Chelsea now needing to be rescheduled due to the Blues qualifying for the EFL Cup final on the same weekend.
POSTPONED MATCHES – AND REASONS WHY
- Burnley v Tottenham Hotspur (weather)
- Brighton and Hove Albion v Tottenham Hotspur (Covid)
- Brentford v Manchester United (Covid) – now in Double Gameweek 22
- Burnley v Watford (Covid) – now in Double Gameweek 22
- Leicester City v Tottenham Hotspur (Covid) – now in Double Gameweek 22
- Manchester United v Brighton and Hove Albion (Covid)
- Everton v Leicester City (Covid)
- Southampton v Brentford (Covid) – now in Double Gameweek 21
- Watford v Crystal Palace (Covid)
- West Ham United v Norwich City (Covid) – now in Double Gameweek 21
- Aston Villa v Burnley (Covid)
- Burnley v Everton (Covid)
- Wolverhampton Wanderers v Watford (Covid)
- Liverpool v Leeds United (Covid)
- Arsenal v Wolverhampton Wanderers (Covid)
- Leeds United v Aston Villa (Covid)
- Everton v Newcastle United (Covid)
- Leicester City v Norwich City (Covid)
- Southampton v Newcastle United (Covid)
- Burnley v Leicester City (Covid)
- Brighton and Hove Albion v Chelsea (clash with the Club World Cup) – now in Double Gameweek 22
- Chelsea v Arsenal (clash with the Club World Cup)
- Arsenal v Liverpool (clash with EFL Cup final)
- Chelsea v Leicester City (clash with the EFL Cup final)
TEAMS WITH THE MOST FIXTURES OUTSTANDING
- Burnley, Leicester (4)
- Arsenal, Everton (3)
- Spurs, Brighton, Watford, Liverpool, Leeds, Aston Villa, Wolves, Newcastle, Chelsea (2)
- Southampton, Crystal Palace, Norwich, Man Utd (1)
- Man City, West Ham, Brentford (0)
The above figures take into account the six rearranged Gameweek 21 and 22 matches.
Full-year memberships, monthly subscriptions and a FREE trial are all now available.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.