We have chosen our best Fantasy Premier League (FPL) players for Gameweek 35 ahead of Saturday’s deadline.
The final selection is partly based on the Scout Squad consensus picks but midweek minutes, budget and updates from the pre-match press conferences are all factored in, too.
We line up in a 4-4-2 formation this week and, as ever, are limited to £83.5m for our first XI.
Our four substitutes, meanwhile, are always cherry-picked from the cheaper crop of players, not to serve as bench fodder or to make the budget up to £100m but rather to give some alternative, viable options who don’t cost as much as some of the names in our line-up.
Notorious xG underachievers Brighton and Hove Albion have made a habit out of impressing neutrals while simultaneously flattering to deceive in the FPL world. And here we are again when we should know better, lured to the rocks by some impressing underlying numbers. Albion have delivered two clean sheets in five matches since the international break and turned in very solid showings against the two north London clubs and even Manchester City, who struggled to break the Seagulls down initially. One of the best teams in the division for expected goals on target conceded (xGOTC) since the resumption in play in Gameweek 31, Brighton will be facing a Wolves side who are bottom for xG in the same timeframe. With Bruno Lage’s side devoid of the creativity of Ruben Neves (£5.2m) and Daniel Podence (£5.5m), we back Robert Sanchez (£4.6m) this week.
The rest of this article is completely free to read but requires a Fantasy Football Scout account for access – you can get yours at no cost here.
Full-year memberships, monthly subscriptions and a *FREE* trial are all now available.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to Members content in over 250+ articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.