The day’s Premier League action gets underway at St James’ Park this lunchtime as title-chasing Liverpool attempt to keep up the pressure on league leaders Manchester City.
Kick-off on Tyneside is at 12:30 BST.
There hasn’t been a ball kicked yet but Gameweek 35 of Fantasy Premier League (FPL) has got off to a deflating start for many of us, as Mohamed Salah and Trent Alexander-Arnold – the two most-owned players in the top 10k – both find themselves among the substitutes for the visitors.
Salah is the most-captained player of Gameweek 35 both overall and within the top 10,000, with over 40% of the leading managers handing him the armband:
The premium pair are among five players who drop out of Jurgen Klopp’s starting XI from the Champions League win over Villarreal in midweek.
Also making way are Fabinho, Thiago Alcantara and Ibrahima Konate, with James Milner, Naby Keita, Joe Gomez, Diogo Jota and Joel Matip taking their places.
There are three changes for Newcastle from the side that beat Norwich 3-0 last time out.
First-team regulars Fabian Schar, Jonjo Shelvey and Miguel Almirón, who were all rested off the back of a three-game week, come back into the starting XI.
Sean Longstaff, Jamaal Lascelles and Jacob Murphy drop to the bench.
Chris Wood also has to content himself with a substitute’s role once again, with Eddie Howe presumably tasking one of Joelinton or Allan Saint-Maximin with leading the line against the Reds.
GAMEWEEK 35 LINE-UPS
Newcastle United XI: Dubravka, Krafth, Schar, Burn, Targett, Bruno Guimaraes, Shelvey, Willock, Almiron, Joelinton, Saint-Maximin.
Subs: Dummett, Lascelles, Ritchie, Manquillo, Wood, Murphy, Darlow, Gayle, Longstaff.
Liverpool XI: Alisson, Gomez, Matip, van Dijk, Robertson, Milner, Henderson, Keita, Jota, Mane, Diaz.
Subs: Fabinho, Konate, Thiago, Salah, Jones, Tsimikas, Kelleher, Alexander-Arnold, Elliott.
Check your latest FPL rank LIVE on LiveFPL.net every Gameweek
Full-year memberships, monthly subscriptions and a *FREE* trial are all now available.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to Members content in over 250+ articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.