Fantasy Premier League (FPL) managers face another tough captaincy decision for Double Gameweek 37, with no real standout favourite for the armband.
In an attempt to find the best one for this latest round, first we will assess the fallout of the captain poll, before then analysing the best options, Rate My Team (RMT) and the Premier Fantasy Tools ratings ahead of Sunday’s 10:30 GMT deadline.
THE CAPTAIN POLL
Richarlison (£7.6m) is the man who tops the pile but not by much. 24.2% of voters handed their support to the Everton forward, who is in decent form, with three attacking returns in his last five starts.
Son Heung-min (£11.0m) is just behind in second place, backed by 22.39%.
Wilfried Zaha (£6.9m) occupies third place with 9.68%, followed by Mohamed Salah (£13.3m) and Ollie Watkins (£7.5m), on 7.98% and 6.99% respectively.
SON HEUNG-MIN/HARRY KANE
Son Heung-min’s midweek goal against Arsenal closed him to within one of Mohamed Salah in the race for the Golden Boot.
The South Korean also added an assist, which means he has now produced five double-figure hauls in his last eight matches and trails Salah by just 16 points at the top of the FPL standings.
As for Harry Kane (£12.4m), since Antonio Conte came to the helm, he is top among all players for non-penalty expected goal involvement (xGI), with his 23 attacking returns in 26 starts only bettered by Son.
SON V KANE – LAST SIX MATCHES
|FPL points per start||11||5.8|
Last six matches: ARS/liv/LEI/bre/BHA/avl
Tottenham Hotspur, meanwhile, have now won five of their last six home league games, scoring at least three goals in each of those victories.
And even with just one fixture in Double Gameweek 37, Son/Kane remain attractive propositions for the armband against a Burnley side potentially missing both of their first-choice centre-halves: James Tarkowski (£4.9m) exited last weekend’s game against Aston Villa in the early stages of the second half after feeling tightness in his hamstring, while Ben Mee (£4.6m) is struggling with a leg injury.
The Clarets’ goal attempts conceded heatmap from Gameweek 33 onwards – Mike Jackson’s first match in charge – offers further encouragement for Son backers, with plenty of shots allowed from the South Koreans ‘zone’:
Full-year memberships and monthly subscriptions are all now available.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to Members content in over 250+ articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.