More than one in five Fantasy Premier League managers inside the top 10,000 have already used their first Wildcard.
16.89% of the FPL frontrunners had used the prized chip after Gameweek 3 but this figure had risen to 22.16% after the Gameweek 4 deadline.
More than one in four (26.70%) of the top 10k have used their Triple Captain chip but, as the below graphic shows, fewer have deployed their Free Hit and Bench Boost chips.
As one would expect further down the rankings, chip usage hasn’t been as widespread.
Over 7% of all FPL managers used their Wildcard in the run-up to Gameweek 4, though, taking the total up to 18.7%.
Around one in 20 Fantasy bosses have used the Free Hit chip, with 5.69% having deployed their Bench Boost.
With only four Gameweeks of the season gone, 12.71% of us have already used our Triple Captain chip.
There are some familiar names in the “template” Wildcard team.
Teemu Pukki (£7.0m) is the most-owned player in Gameweek 4 Wildcard squads, with big-hitters Raheem Sterling (£12.3m) and Mohamed Salah (£12.5m) not far behind.
Budget buys Todd Cantwell (£4.7m) and John Lundstram (£4.2m) are understandably proving popular, too, but aside from the quintet we have mentioned, no other player features in more than 50% of Gameweek 4 Wildcard squads – highlighting the wealth of attractive options currently available to us.
Liverpool and Manchester City assets are unsurprisingly popular among Fantasy bosses and indeed there is an average of 2.5 players from each side in top 10k squads.
It is interesting to note how much faith there still is in Wolves assets (see below), with there perhaps being a lingering sentimentality for last year’s displays.
Managers overall are picking up interest in Chelsea assets, although the Blues’ players have largely been overlooked by the top 10,000.
There wasn’t too much joy inside the top 10,000 regarding captaincy this weekend.
Over two-thirds of the top 10k handed the armband to Sterling ahead of his blank at the Etihad, while just under 15% had to make do with six points from Salah.
The 7.24% who backed Sergio Aguero (£12.0m) had a more enjoyable afternoon, however, and will surely see a rank rise as a result.
All stats taken from LiveFPL.net.
Become a Member and get unrestricted access to our data and articles
Full-year memberships are now available for the price of £17.50. Monthly subscriptions also cost just £2.99.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.