Confirmation of the first Blank Gameweek of the season came on Wednesday morning.
West Ham United v Liverpool in Gameweek 18 has been postponed due to the Reds’ participation in the FIFA Club World Cup.
A new date for the fixture is yet to be announced but, given that Gameweek 18 takes place on the weekend of Saturday 21 December/Sunday 22 December, the match can’t be moved into the following midweek.
Liverpool will play two fixtures in the Club World Cup, with a semi-final scheduled for Tuesday 17 December/Wednesday 18 December and final or third-place play-off taking place on Saturday 21 December.
Fantasy Premier League managers can use their first Wildcard up to the Gameweek 20 deadline on Saturday 28 December, so those who have managed to retain their chip by the time we approach Christmas may consider using it around this Blank Gameweek – although the announcement of the mini-Double Gameweek for Liverpool and West Ham, whenever that may come, could change all that.
The Reds won’t have a free midweek until 2020 if they progress to the quarter-finals of the Carabao Cup but, should Jurgen Klopp’s side and the Hammers both be eliminated from that competition early, there is a slim possibility that the postponed Premier League fixture could be rearranged for a midweek when that competition is taking place.
It does seem, at this point, that the likeliest scenario is a reschedule for the New Year.
Lessons learned from Gameweek 4
- Southampton 1-1 Manchester United
- Chelsea 2-2 Sheffield United
- Crystal Palace 1-0 Aston Villa
- Leicester 3-1 Bournemouth
- Manchester City 4-0 Brighton
- Newcastle 1-1 Watford
- West Ham 2-0 Norwich
- Burnley 0-3 Liverpool
- Everton 3-2 Wolves
- Arsenal 2-2 Spurs
Become a Member and access our data
Memberships for the 2019/20 campaign are now available for the price of £17.50.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.